PDA

View Full Version : California Heathcare Initiative On Deathbed

Psychoblues
01-29-2008, 03:28 AM
No telling what the reich wingers will destroy next!!!!!!!!!!

By Christopher Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, January 29, 2008; Page A02

The California Senate's health committee effectively killed an ambitious proposal to create a near-universal health-care system, dealing a major political defeat yesterday to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and a setback to similar efforts nationally.

The bill, which would have covered nearly 4 million people, or 70 percent of the state's uninsured residents, had been a top priority for Schwarzenegger (R) since last January, when the governor presented a proposal to create a system that would guarantee health insurance for all Californians.

"I will not give up trying to fix our broken health-care system," Schwarzenegger said after the vote. "The issue is too important, and the crisis is too serious, to walk away after all the great progress we have made."

Schwarzenegger negotiated mainly with Democrats, who control the state legislature and had their own ideas for a health-care overhaul. They proved more amenable to a major initiative than state Republicans, who were deeply skeptical of the plans. Late in the year, the governor found a partner in Assembly Speaker Fabian Nżżez, and the Assembly passed a compromise bill on a party-line vote late last month.................

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/28/AR2008012802397.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Poor ol' Arnold. Even the terminator can't extinquish the reich wingers from his chosen party and affiliation. What a freakin' shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie
01-29-2008, 04:23 AM
No telling what the Reich wingers will destroy next!!!!!!!!!!

By Christopher Lee
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, January 29, 2008; Page A02

The California Senate's health committee effectively killed an ambitious proposal to create a near-universal health-care system, dealing a major political defeat yesterday to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and a setback to similar efforts nationally.

The bill, which would have covered nearly 4 million people, or 70 percent of the state's uninsured residents, had been a top priority for Schwarzenegger (R) since last January, when the governor presented a proposal to create a system that would guarantee health insurance for all Californians.

"I will not give up trying to fix our broken health-care system," Schwarzenegger said after the vote. "The issue is too important, and the crisis is too serious, to walk away after all the great progress we have made."

Schwarzenegger negotiated mainly with Democrats, who control the state legislature and had their own ideas for a health-care overhaul. They proved more amenable to a major initiative than state Republicans, who were deeply skeptical of the plans. Late in the year, the governor found a partner in Assembly Speaker Fabian Nżżez, and the Assembly passed a compromise bill on a party-line vote late last month.................

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/28/AR2008012802397.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Poor ol' Arnold. Even the terminator can't extinguish the Reich wingers from his chosen party and affiliation. What a freakin' shame!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never took you as a person who wanted the total takeover our lives coming from the Government...
I grew up pulling up my bootstraps and making it on my own...I want the damn government to keep its nose out of my life as much as possible..
But.......I see we are fighting a losing battle...

At least I grew up in a Free United States...I just feel sorry for my kids and grand kids...

Psychoblues
01-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Your self aggrandising is pretty much lost on me, staphy. I grew up in a very different America, I suppose.

I never took you as a person who wanted the total takeover our lives coming from the Government...
I grew up pulling up my bootstraps and making it on my own...I want the damn government to keep its nose out of my life as much as possible..
But.......I see we are fighting a losing battle...

At least I grew up in a Free United States...I just feel sorry for my kids and grand kids...

I went to Viet Nam in 1968 to protect the America and the ideals of America as I understood them at that time. What have you done? I don't feel sorry for my kids or my grand kids. As Americans I know they will have a fight on their own forever to properly secure their own freedoms, liberties and self esteem. I have done my part and will continue to do my part to clear the path for their aspirations to accomplish fruition. What are you doing to help yours? I would rather feel sorry for those that have done nothing, been taught nothing and act as if nothing is expected of them to preserve and protect the America that I was raised to respect and defend.

stephanie
01-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Your self aggrandising is pretty much lost on me, staphy. I grew up in a very different America, I suppose.

I went to Vietnam in 1968 to protect the America and the ideals of America as I understood them at that time. What have you done? I don't feel sorry for my kids or my grand kids. As Americans I know they will have a fight on their own forever to properly secure their own freedoms, liberties and self esteem. I have done my part and will continue to do my part to clear the path for their aspirations to accomplish fruition. What are you doing to help yours? I would rather feel sorry for those that have done nothing, been taught nothing and act as if nothing is expected of them to preserve and protect the America that I was raised to respect and defend.

As I said my friend...we are losing the battle from within..

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 01:36 AM
You have a much different battle than anything I know about, staphy.

As I said my friend...we are losing the battle from within..

Perhaps your "within" battle starts with yourself?