PDA

View Full Version : Earmarks

01-29-2008, 03:29 AM
since it's being ignored in the state of the union thread to argue with psycho I figured my question should just be put in it's own thread:

The President can issue an executive order not to disperse earmarks and no Presidents have done it before?!?

Kathianne
01-29-2008, 06:44 AM
since it's being ignored in the state of the union thread to argue with psycho I figured my question should just be put in it's own thread:

The President can issue an executive order not to disperse earmarks and no Presidents have done it before?!?

No another president has not done this before. Can he do it? Well yes, if Congress or SCOTUS do not find a way to check him on it. I don't think SCOTUS would, unless Congress passes a law. Leaves Congress. The people have always wanted the line item veto, but for some reason Congress has never written one that will get through SCOTUS, so he's going to do this, which the people want.

Is Congress going to block it somehow? I don't think so, wouldn't be prudent in an election year and he'll be gone in a year. Will the next president revoke it? That remains to be seen, but it would be entertaining watching that explanation to the American people.

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:14 AM

He should do it

It would undermine the Dems "reform" of hiding and reducing the pork

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 07:43 AM
He should do it

It would undermine the Dems "reform" of hiding and reducing the pork

I hope he does it but he probably won't. His republican buddies would raise hell if their pork is cut.

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:45 AM
I hope he does it but he probably won't. His republican buddies would raise hell if their pork is cut.

Condidering about 60% of the pork in 07 were from the Dems, they will be more pissed

and Motor Mouth Murtha (D-PA) is the King of Pork right now

Classact
01-29-2008, 07:48 AM
I hope he does it but he probably won't. His republican buddies would raise hell if their pork is cut.The Supreme Court has nothing to do with what Bush wants to do. He wants to veto legislation with too much pork and he wants to end air dropped earmarks... The House Republicans want a 100% reduction of pork while Bush has agreed to a 50% cut. I was disappointed that Bush stated "future" air dropped in his speech.

DrJohn
01-29-2008, 07:50 AM
The Supreme Court has nothing to do with what Bush wants to do. He wants to veto legislation with too much pork and he wants to end air dropped earmarks... The House Republicans want a 100% reduction of pork while Bush has agreed to a 50% cut. I was disappointed that Bush stated "future" air dropped in his speech.

I'm sorry.....

the Supreme Court?

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:52 AM
The Supreme Court has nothing to do with what Bush wants to do. He wants to veto legislation with too much pork and he wants to end air dropped earmarks... The House Republicans want a 100% reduction of pork while Bush has agreed to a 50% cut. I was disappointed that Bush stated "future" air dropped in his speech.

Pres Bush should keep the veto pen out, and direct that all pork not voted on be ignored. ALL pork from BOTH SIDES needs to go

The BS needs to stop, and this will stop Dems from wasting our money and then demanding we fork over more of money in higher taxes

retiredman
01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Pres Bush should keep the veto pen out, and direct that all pork not voted on be ignored. ALL pork from BOTH SIDES needs to go

The BS needs to stop, and this will stop Dems from wasting our money and then demanding we fork over more of money in higher taxes

so republican pork miraculously does NOT waste our money?:laugh2:

red states rule
01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
so republican pork miraculously does NOT waste our money?:laugh2:

You also need a remedial reading course.

Unlike you, I call my party on their mistakes. I have said many times Republicans spending was insane

Classact
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm sorry.....

the Supreme Court?I was speaking to your post and comments of others earlier, in particular post #2.

Kathianne
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I was speaking to your post and comments of others earlier, in particular post #2.

I clarified post 2, thanks for pointing it out. Unless Congress passed some law, you're right, which is what I thought was implied but certainly wasn't.