PDA

View Full Version : Sick 9/11 Responders Attend Final gwb SOTU

Psychoblues
01-29-2008, 04:12 AM
These people have feelings and lives as Americans. What is wrong with American recognition of them?

BY BILL EGBERT
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, January 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

When President Bush delivers his final State of the Union speech Monday night, in the gallery of the House chamber will be Ground Zero workers who have been ill since just a few months after his first.

"This will be my third State of the Union in a row I've gone to," said Queens paramedic Marvin Bethea, who will attend as a guest of the New York City congressional delegation.

"I'm fed up with how we're treated," said Bethea, saying he now takes 12 medications daily and still has trouble getting adequate health care. "They went from calling us heroes to treating us like zeros."

Ground Zero volunteer John Feal was even more blunt in skewering the White House.

"You got $3 billion a month to kill people," Feal said. "You got $3 billion a year for health care."

On the eve of Bush's speech, 9/11 responders, union leaders and elected officials gathered at Ground Zero Sunday to blast the White House for recently yanking a contract for ailing 9/11-responder care.

"They just don't want to spend the money," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-Manhattan), whose district includes Ground Zero. "They'd rather see these people die."

The contract would have expanded the spending caps for the six local clinics treating and tracking ill first responders, as well as establish an office to handle Ground Zero claims from across the country, using $108 million already appropriated by Congress.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/28/2008-01-28_sick_911_responders_attend_president_bus.html

Like many of our military Veterans, we tend to forget or discount them. How about Americans taking care of Americans?

Sir Evil
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Like many of our military Veterans, we tend to forget or discount them. How about Americans taking care of Americans?

Damn that Bush guy! :boohoo:

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
You can't excuse your whining with fiddle playing, SE!!!!!!!!!

The key is Bb minor, why are you playing in Rsharp?

emmett
02-22-2008, 01:26 AM
These people have feelings and lives as Americans. What is wrong with American recognition of them?

BY BILL EGBERT
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, January 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

When President Bush delivers his final State of the Union speech Monday night, in the gallery of the House chamber will be Ground Zero workers who have been ill since just a few months after his first.

"This will be my third State of the Union in a row I've gone to," said Queens paramedic Marvin Bethea, who will attend as a guest of the New York City congressional delegation.

"I'm fed up with how we're treated," said Bethea, saying he now takes 12 medications daily and still has trouble getting adequate health care. "They went from calling us heroes to treating us like zeros."

Ground Zero volunteer John Feal was even more blunt in skewering the White House.

"You got $3 billion a month to kill people," Feal said. "You got $3 billion a year for health care."

On the eve of Bush's speech, 9/11 responders, union leaders and elected officials gathered at Ground Zero Sunday to blast the White House for recently yanking a contract for ailing 9/11-responder care.

"They just don't want to spend the money," said Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-Manhattan), whose district includes Ground Zero. "They'd rather see these people die."

The contract would have expanded the spending caps for the six local clinics treating and tracking ill first responders, as well as establish an office to handle Ground Zero claims from across the country, using $108 million already appropriated by Congress.

More: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/28/2008-01-28_sick_911_responders_attend_president_bus.html

The fact that we do not take adequate care of our veterans is a travesty, no doubt. It is up to us as citizens to keep the stew on the fire and maintain people's awareness.

911 responders chose a profession that would possibly place them in harms way. Having dome so they should realize that it would be possible that if injured they may not be made completely "whole" again. It is true that some are not properly cared for and that is a shame but still, they chose the profession. As did soldiers in volunteer times. As for Vietnam vets, it is pitiful the way our country treated them. Not just our inadequate VA system but our people. We should forever be ashamed of the way we treated our Vietnam Vets and never let ourselves forget it.

I probably overdue it when I get started on this subject but I think it to be nothing than an absolute insult to the American fighting soldier to disrespect the service of just one. You might as well walk up and take a piss on the unknown soldier's grave.

The issue shouldn't really be about money. We have plenty of resources to tend to their needs and we know it. We could also blame doctors, frivolous law suits and many other culprits as a reason why there is not enough money to go around. We could blame welfare theives, tax cheats and others.

My solution would be to stop being the world's police officer and by virtue of this alone you would begin to kill off the problem of too many soldiers in need of care that was not adequately provided.

I can't say I would know what to do about the First Responders. They are going to be in harms way. They know that when they start.

Good article, good thread. I must spread some rep around before I can rep it.

nevadamedic
02-22-2008, 01:31 AM
I guess it's President Bush's fault that the planes flew into the towers too right? :slap:

Gabby don't answer that.

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 02:00 AM
At least his inattention to al queda played a part, nm. Don't you think?

emmett
02-22-2008, 02:37 AM

I think BC was a bit inattentive as well, wouldn't you say Psycho?

nevadamedic
02-22-2008, 02:41 AM

Be careful your insulting one of Psycho's philandering role models.

Hobbit
02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
So they're sick. My heart bleeds, but they've had over 6 years to adjust for that. You ask what happened to Americans helping Americans. I ask you what happened to Americans helping themselves. You think Helen Keller lived her life off of handouts? Does Stephen Hawking demand special compensation because of his condition? A single accident, while a tragedy, should not become a meal ticket.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 12:20 AM
BC, as you call him, warned gwb that Al Queda would consume more of his attention than any other subject, emmett. gwb ignored that warning until post the attack on 9/11.

Many of you like to ignore that FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 12:47 AM
please stick to the topic

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 12:48 AM
he was in office 8 months.

The blame for al queda has to go where it belongs, from reagan-bush

and the congress from reagan to bush

Lets not make this a political blame game :cheers2:

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 12:49 AM
knock it off with the cheap shots

Be careful your insulting one of Psycho's philandering role models.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 12:53 AM
This is such a refreshing, critical thinking post.

We the american people, have become to dependant on the federal government as is we are little kids, and they are mom and dad.. but we forget the federal government is nothing more then other peoples hard earned money. Hard earned money from people who own business, businesses that employ people.

We should only help people, who are completely incapable of helping themselves, or in rare exceptions.

But to just hand out tax payer money, when people from the beirut bombings didnt get money, the oklahoma city victims didnt get money.

We cant just give out money, like its anti biotics, the patient has to have the disease and need the treatment

So they're sick. My heart bleeds, but they've had over 6 years to adjust for that. You ask what happened to Americans helping Americans. I ask you what happened to Americans helping themselves. You think Helen Keller lived her life off of handouts? Does Stephen Hawking demand special compensation because of his condition? A single accident, while a tragedy, should not become a meal ticket.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 12:57 AM
Quite contraire, martin. I think the post disgusting, non-critical thinking and anti-American of most I have ever read. Please explain your satisfaction with the expressed ideology contained therein, OK?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 12:57 AM
David, there is contreversy as to whether that happened.

AND... it is not only the president's job to say, oh, al queda wants to get us.

Should we have just shut down every airport, train station, and road, until we found who wanted to bomb

Here is a fact you didnt know

We couldnt stop the islamo nazi's from going on the plane, even though the security gaurd, had a suspicion, because the lawyers said they would be suid.

My god, the flying imams wanna sue, even though they acted strangely, and not only the airlines, but the whistleblowers.

The blame for 9/11 is so vast, and it should go more to the fbi, and cia, then the president, even if it would have been al gore, instead of bush, yeah, even if al gore had been president, the president doesnt have the ability to be a psychic, to know which planes they're gonna hit

Blaming bush, is like crack. It's cheap, easy, and gets you high

Lets call a spade and spade, instead of blaming who we dont like, because its the easy thing to do

BC, as you call him, warned gwb that Al Queda would consume more of his attention than any other subject, emmett. gwb ignored that warning until post the attack on 9/11.

Many of you like to ignore that FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:02 AM
You need to tell me why you think it is disgusting, non-critical, and anti-american.

We take care of our soldiers yes, but his thread is talking about, they shouldnt get money unless they need it, and too many americans want free stuff from the government, because, they think they are entitled.

Every claim for government assistance, should be checked to be validated.

Are we going to become a welfare state?, free everything?

We cant afford that.

He said in his post, people with less abilities, and more needs then the first responders have asked for less, and yet today people with vastly more abilities, and everyone who is a victim of something, no matter what deserves something, because we are all victims who cant take care of ourselves, unless daddy (the government, feeds, burps, takes us to potty, and puts to bed)

Quite contraire, martin. I think the post disgusting, non-critical thinking and anti-American of most I have ever read. Please explain your satisfaction with the expressed ideology contained therein, OK?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 01:05 AM
The only controversy about that is in your mind, martin. It happened.

David, there is contreversy as to whether that happened.

AND... it is not only the president's job to say, oh, al queda wants to get us.

Should we have just shut down every airport, train station, and road, until we found who wanted to bomb

We couldnt stop the islamo nazi's from going on the plane, even though the security gaurd, had a suspicion, because the lawyers said they would be suid.

My god, the flying imams wanna sue, even though they acted strangely, and not only the airlines, but the whistleblowers.

The blame for 9/11 is so vast, and it should go more to the fbi, and cia, then the president, even if it would have been al gore, instead of bush, yeah, even if al gore had been president, the president doesnt have the ability to be a psychic, to know which planes they're gonna hit

Lets call a spade and spade, instead of blaming who we dont like, because its the easy thing to do

Your cheap shots at truth getting you high? I thought so.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:06 AM
The government should never assume someone needs help, unless they truly cannot function without it.

people should only take help if they truly need it

such as if they have a mental of physical disability, need a loan for a business, need a car loan, etc

Its a fine line.

As for first responders on 9/11, I am not sure if they have been financially compensated, but have no problem with them getting financial compensation for their sacrifice, or free medical care, if they are no longer able to work

I hope you understand, my comments are about more then just the 9/11 responders, and i think his are as well

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I asked you for the satisfaction that you gained from those words and you now want to change the subject?

You need to tell me why you think it is disgusting, non-critical, and anti-american.

We take care of our soldiers yes, but his thread is talking about, they shouldnt get money unless they need it, and too many americans want free stuff from the government, because, they think they are entitled.

Every claim for government assistance, should be checked to be validated.

Are we going to become a welfare state?, free everything?

We cant afford that.

He said in his post, people with less abilities, and more needs then the first responders have asked for less, and yet today people with vastly more abilities, and everyone who is a victim of something, no matter what deserves something, because we are all victims who cant take care of ourselves, unless daddy (the government, feeds, burps, takes us to potty, and puts to bed)

Put it in context and get back, OK?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Excuse me, let me amend my comment. I believe he was warned about al queda. That was a stupid statement.

But i am appalled, you seem to only wanna blame bush, as if he is solely responsible for 9/11

Reagan, bush senior, and clinton, allowed islamic extremism to fester around the world, to become the metastasized cancer it is now.

Lets be fair atleast. I made a mistake in my comment, i admit it. Im sorry

Now please tell me, you are not gonna simply blame bush, when that is not only factually dishonest, its not intectually honest.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
actsnoblemartin;206641] I made a mistake, and i apologize, bush was warned about al queda, there was no contreversy on that, and for that mistake, i apologize. Now back to what i saying.

it is not only the president's job to protect us, the fbi and cia, are primarily responsible for our safety

Should the president have just shut down every airport, train station, and road, until we found who wanted to bomb

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:13 AM
As i amended and apoligized for my mistake, please edit this.

Relate to the issue, instead of twisting my words to take cheap shots at me.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Im not changing the subject on purpose, I have problems with sequencing, and thus, sometimes inadvertently go off topic.

Let me try to answer your question again

I asked you for the satisfaction that you gained from those words and you now want to change the subject?

ME: I loved the fact, he talked about self reliance, how even people with minimal ability could be helped by caring people, NOT the government.

ME: how people could teach someone how to do something for themselves, rather then let the government do it for them.

ME: I believe there were two issues in that thread, the first responders, and the lack of self reliance americans have in general.

ME: im sorry, if you dont agree, or dont accept this answer, but this me being as honest as possible.

ME: as for first responders, If they are un-able to work, I am ok with giving them financial aid, for their bravery.

ME: if they have a medical condition, that requires expensive treatment, I am ok with paying that.

ME: this was a one time extraordinary event, and first responders cannot just get over it, that is the only part i disagree with, it was the spirit of his post, the americans can achieve maximum results, not by relying on the government to do things for them, and not believing in themselves, but by having a support system, friends, family, the community, to help them achieve their own dreams and goals, but not do it for them, thus giving the person a sense of accomplishment and a boost of self esteem, and with that the self confidence to over come bad times too

Put it in context and get back, OK?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Just exactly when did I ever make any claim or voice an opinion that I thought it was all the fault of gwb?

Excuse me, let me amend my comment. I believe he was warned about al queda. That was a stupid statement.

But i am appalled, you seem to only wanna blame bush, as if he is solely responsible for 9/11

Reagan, bush senior, and clinton, allowed islamic extremism to fester around the world, to become the metastasized cancer it is now.

Lets be fair atleast. I made a mistake in my comment, i admit it. Im sorry

Now please tell me, you are not gonna simply blame bush, when that is not only factually dishonest, its not intectually honest.

Again you obscure the subject with your subjugations. Have you no depth in your thinking?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:21 AM
I wanted to make sure you are not. I heard you mention bush, but no one else, what conclusion am i supposed to draw?

Just exactly when did I ever make any claim or voice an opinion that I kthought it was all the fauslt of gwb?

Again you obscure the subject with your subjugations. Have you no depth in your thinking?

ME: I have dont everything i can to rationally think out, and explain myself.. That is all i can do.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 01:31 AM
gwb happens to be the CIC. The responsibility falls on him and him alone.

I wanted to make sure you are not. I heard you mention bush, but no one else, what conclusion am i supposed to draw?

ME: I have dont everything i can to rationally think out, and explain myself.. That is all i can do.

Don't you think someone should have been fired post 9/11? I think the professionals did their job very well. bush and his political cabal succeeded in hoodwinking you, most of the congress and many Americans. Like Obama, I knew he was full of shit from the very start.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Actions from before the bush administation, have consequences on his administation.

I would say the same for george bush senior actions in office, having consequences on bill clintons presidency.

George bush never said, the buck stops here.

The congress, and the president, are responsible for protecting america

the fbi, and cia are also reponsible too.

Should people have been fired, 100%, no 1000% yes.

but blamin him when he was only in office 8 months, and passing no judgement on others who played a key role, in allowing al queda to grow and thrive, which goes back to 1983 and continued to bush, but to blame the president alone, forgive me, kinda seems like seeing the forrest through the trees, in the sense, that youre not seeing the whole picture. I mean no dis-respect to you in the slightest.

Im ok if we have to agree to disagree, but im not saying any of this here, to defend bush because he is a republican, im saying it because i dont think he is solely to blame, and al gore wouldnt be solely to blame, if he were the president, and we dont know if gore could have prevented 9/11 in only 8 monts either.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for reading

gwb happens to be the CIC. The responsibility falls on him and him alone.

Don't you think someone should have been fired post 9/11? I think the professionals did their job very well. bush and his political cabal succeeded in hoodwinking you, most of the congress and many Americans. Like Obama, I knew he was full of shit from the very start.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 01:55 AM
gwb was furnish good, bad and conflicting information. It was his and his advisors jobs to decipher it and protect us. I see no effort whatsoever that he ever made in attempt to decipher or give any orders to protect us from the travesty of 9/11. This American will not forgive him for that.

Actions from before the bush administation, have consequences on his administation.

I would say the same for george bush senior actions in office, having consequences on bill clintons presidency.

George bush never said, the buck stops here.

The congress, and the president, are responsible for protecting america

the fbi, and cia are also reponsible too.

Should people have been fired, 100%, no 1000% yes.

but blamin him when he was only in office 8 months, and passing no judgement on others who played a key role, in allowing al queda to grow and thrive, which goes back to 1983 and continued to bush, but to blame the president alone, forgive me, kinda seems like seeing the forrest through the trees, in the sense, that youre not seeing the whole picture. I mean no dis-respect to you in the slightest.

Im ok if we have to agree to disagree, but im not saying any of this here, to defend bush because he is a republican, im saying it because i dont think he is solely to blame, and al gore wouldnt be solely to blame, if he were the president, and we dont know if gore could have prevented 9/11 in only 8 monts either.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for reading

Only 8 months? Get real, cowgirl.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:11 AM
Let me ask you a few fundamental questions, just for clarification purposes

#1 Did reagan leaving after the marine barricks bombing in 1983, and not going after those responsible, contribute or not contribute to embodoning terrorists with similar beliefs too, and what would later become al queda later?

#2 Did bush senior, ignoring the plight of the aghan people, and allowing the power vaccum that enable al queda, and terrorists a free country to take over, contribute or not contribute to emboldening al queda against the u.s.a

#3 Did clinton's failure to strike against terrorists in africa, who drug our dead soldiers and then left, contribute or not contribute to emboldening the terrorists, who eventually committed 9/11

#4 did clinton's failure to kill or capture bin laden, do anything to stop afghanistan from becoming a terrorist training group, and ending it's recruitment of terrorists for terrorism abroad, contribute or not contribute to embolding terrorists and al queda which eventually was the motivation for 9/11

#5 Did the failure of clinton to act after the u.s. embassy bombings in africa, and the attack on the u.s.s. cole contribute to emboldening the terrorists?

#6 Do we ignore all these things, and just blame bush?

#7 how easy do you think it would be for any president to stop bin laden, with a warning, and a non specific threat.
was bush to stop, all trains, busses, air planes, because, i never saw a memo: bin laden to strike on 9/11, at 8am, on flights 1, 2, and 3.

#8 Why are you un-willing to blame the cia, fbi, and defense department, where do you think bush gets his info from, himself?

gwb was furnish good, bad and conflicting information. It was his and his advisors jobs to decipher it and protect us. I see no effort whatsoever that he ever made in attempt to decipher or give any orders to protect us from the travesty of 9/11. This American will not forgive him for that.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:17 AM
thats mr cowgirl to you :laugh2:

Yes the ultimate responsibility is bush's. Its like when your favorite baseball team loses, the coach gets the blame, even if its his first year on the job, and he inherits a bad team, i am NOT trivializing it, just making an analogy.

I think protecting us, is harder then any of us realizes, i have heard many people work very hard, and some have trouble sleeping at night worrying about the threats against us.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 02:32 AM
None of those are fundamental questions, martin. Those are playbook reich wing excuses. I'll be happy to answer any genuine question you might have.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
You are correct. But gwb was never cut out for protecting the USA from anything. He was cut out to splurge the Clinton surplus, make republican millionaires into billionaires and reap the benefits of the peace and prosperity of the Clinton era. He did admirably well pre 9/11, he failed then and he continues to fail other than he continues to make republican millionaires into billionaires.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:38 AM
I was trying to ask in a sincere manner. If you would like me to explain why i asked them, i would be more then happy too.

oh, and i dont have any playbooks cowboy :laugh2:

None of those are fundamental questions, martin. Those are playbook reich wing excuses. I'll be happy to answer any genuine question you might have.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:45 AM
Psychoblues;206690]You are correct. But gwb was never cut out for protecting the USA from anything.

ME: I believe you are correct, and here is why.

ME: He has failed to keep americans safe from illegal aliens

ME: He has failed to keep millions of jobs in america

ME: He has failed to make sure employers dont hire illegal aliens

ME: he has failed to stop china from continually munipulating their currency

ME: He has failed to keep gas from rising and rising and rising

ME: He got into an un-neccesary war

ME: He gave tax cuts in a time of war, which historically is not a good idea, and economy is still in the toilet

ME: he violated conservative principles by giving more big government entitlements out to seniors

ME: On a personal note, you should really feel bad for me, that ive had to defend this incompetent moron and his constant mistakes for this long

ME: He expanding government spending, which violates government spending

ME: he has not cut any government spending

He was cut out to splurge the Clinton surplus,

ME: Explain to me how clinton got a surplus, because I think some of that credit should go to the republican congress as well, #2 didnt he cut spending in military and intelligence, as well as have the dot com boom, and i believe one other, that only popped when bush took office

make republican millionaires into billionaires

ME: I need more proof then words here

and reap the benefits of the peace and prosperity of the Clinton era.

ME: I believe that is factually incorrect, unless you count, the dead soldier being drug through an african city, two u.s.embassies bombed, and the u.s.s. cole being bombed

He did admirably well pre 9/11, he failed then and he continues to fail other than he continues to make republican millionaires into billionaires

ME: I feel you should give bush credit for trying to push social security reform, we will go bankrupt over it.
He may have been a bad president, but he did do some things well, and since were gonna criticism him for his faults, we should praise him for goodness

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Are your problems congenital?

I was trying to ask in a sincere manner. If you would like me to explain why i asked them, i would be more then happy too.

oh, and i dont have any playbooks cowboy :laugh2:

Please explain?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 02:53 AM
I have no idea what youre talking about

Are your problems congenital?

Please explain?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Were you born with them?

I have no idea what youre talking about

Are the lights on but nobody is home?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:03 AM
I dont have a clue what your talking about

Were you born with them?

Are the lights on but nobody is home?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:49 AM
The congenitals, martin? You have them or you don't?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I dont have a clue what your talking about

I didn't think the curiosity was so difficult?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:52 AM
you talking about my heart?

The congenitals, martin? You have them or you don't?!?!?!?!?!!?!

I didn't think the curiosity was so difficult?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Just the inbred problems that you're having with it, martin.

you talking about my heart?

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 03:59 AM
I am not inbred.

Not funny david :slap:

Just the inbred problems that you're having with it, martin.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 04:09 AM
So, are we now back to congenitals?

I am not inbred.

Not funny david :slap:

You don't have anything to be ashamed of, martin. We are family. We can talk.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 04:11 AM
I dont remember what those are

So, are we now back to congenitals?

You don't have anything to be ashamed of, martin. We are family. We can talk.

Psychoblues
02-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Don't blame it on your memory, martin. According to your previous posts you don't know what they are.

I dont remember what those are

That's OK. Refer to ordinary reference journals such as dictionary or encyclopedic sources and I am quite certain you can catch up.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 06:05 AM
I was born with learning disabilites, and my ocd, anxiety, and aspburgers.

Don't blame it on your memory, martin. According to your previous posts you don't know what they are.

That's OK. Refer to ordinary reference journals such as dictionary or encyclopedic sources and I am quite certain you can catch up.

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't think I was born with any of that but I'm certain my lead poisoning wasn't self inflicted, dig it?

I was born with learning disabilites, and my ocd, anxiety, and aspburgers.

Sheesh!!!!!! How many excuses do you have, martin?

DragonStryk72
02-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Okay, well, addressing the point of the actual topic being discussed... They are right. half of the WTC going down was not in the job description of being a first responder, and it did in fact create unique circumstances.

We call them our heroes, but we treat them like chumps. They should be getting looked after. If we can repeatedly help people who are intentionally living off of welfare, then yeah, he have a duty to help the guys who spent months pulling people out of the wreckage. I think that is more than fair, and they aren't even asking for money, just better medical care. That doesn't seem far fetched to me.

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 02:51 AM
You got it, DS'72!!!!!!!

Okay, well, addressing the point of the actual topic being discussed... They are right. half of the WTC going down was not in the job description of being a first responder, and it did in fact create unique circumstances.

We call them our heroes, but we treat them like chumps. They should be getting looked after. If we can repeatedly help people who are intentionally living off of welfare, then yeah, he have a duty to help the guys who spent months pulling people out of the wreckage. I think that is more than fair, and they aren't even asking for money, just better medical care. That doesn't seem far fetched to me.

How can we make that ideology more clear?

Sertes
04-16-2008, 03:57 AM
If you want to help, support or donate to 9/11 first responders take a look at FealGood Foundation website: www.fealgoodfoundation.com

The primary mission of the FealGood Foundation, a non-profit organization, is to spread awareness and educate the public about the catastrophic health effects on 9/11 first responders, as well as to provide assistance to relieve these great heroes of the financial burdens placed on them over the last five years. A secondary goal of our Foundation is to create a network of advocacy on 9/11 healthcare issues. We not only advocate for Ground Zero workers, but show others how they can advocate for themselves and help others through grassroots activism.

Psychoblues
04-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks