PDA

View Full Version : Florida Primary Results

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Goto www.cnn.com and look! Senator McCain is at 34 percent and Mitt Romney is at 31 percent with 12 percent of precints Reporting in so far.

Senator Clinton has 54 percent eventhough Florida doesn't count for Deligates for their Convention.

Pale Rider
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Yup.... looks like Florida is full of kook liberals full of some kind of delusional idea that they're republicans. I've got news for them down there... they're not, and the republican party in Florida is dead.

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Hasn't the Democrat party just disenfranchised every democrat voting in the primary by not allowing them to select delegates ? Where's this "count every vote" crap ?

Pale Rider
01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Hasn't the Democrat party just disenfranchised every democrat voting in the primary by not allowing them to select delegates ? Where's this "count every vote" crap ?

Yup. Florida is an absolute cluster fuck, for both parties.

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Hasn't the Democrat party just disenfranchised every democrat voting in the primary by not allowing them to select delegates ? Where's this "count every vote" crap ?I don't really understand it?

I believe the rules were in place already, before the season began....but apparently the States that chose to break the rule about the timing of their primaries not being early and the penalty to these states was not having delegates to give out on the primary itself, but to have fewer delegates called "super delegates" that do get a vote at the final Democratic primary and these "super delegates" are usually political hacks is what i had heard???

As i have said, i am clueless on any of this and am going to look it up to see if i can become more informed...

Do you know anything about primary delegates and how it really all works, or DOES ANYONE on this board know how it works and can fill me in on it?

jd

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/2008/01/clinton-campaign-defends-profl.html

January 29, 2008
Clinton Campaign Defends Pro-Florida Delegate Push
Three top Clinton campaign staffers - pollster Mark Penn, campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle and spokesman Howard Wolfson - just completed a conference call during which they reiterated the call that the delegates awarded in the Florida primary today should be seated at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

And, oh yeah, they want Michigans' delegates seated, too.

The basic argument is that no one expected the kind of record turnout being seen (at least via early voting ballots) in Florida - a key swing state in the general election - back when the DNC stripped the state (and, oh yeah, Michigan, too) of its delegates as punishment for violating party rules and pushing its primary up into January.

"I can't envision circumstances at the end of the day in which these delegates weren't seated," said Wolfson, who later insisted the campaign is not trying to pick a fight with the DNC and its chairman, Howard Dean, for whom Wolfson said the Clinton camp has "enormous respect."

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
So florida voted in big numbers and she won by quite a lot. Of course she wont get any delegates because of our stupid primary voting rules. Might help her, a good win, shows she has the peoples support.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton_florida;_ylt=Ampz0NAtEvrJiJE._zt_wLlH2ocA

Clinton wins primary

DAVIE, Fla. - Hillary Rodham Clinton won the Florida Democratic primary Tuesday night, an event that drew no campaigning by any of her presidential rivals and awarded no delegates to the winner.

The New York senator, fresh off her lopsided loss to Barack Obama in last weekend's South Carolina primary, arranged a rally in the state as the polls were closing, an evident attempt to gain campaign momentum.

She and Obama collide next week in a coast-to-coast competition for delegates across 22 states.

Last year, the national party stripped Florida of its delegates as punishment for moving its primary ahead of Feb. 5 and the candidates pledged to bypass the state. At stake Tuesday were 185 delegates.

Still, Clinton winked at that pledge, holding two closed fundraisers in recent days and scheduling a rally with supporters after the polls closed in Florida.

It is expected that the eventual nominee will try to seat delegates from Florida and Michigan, reversing the Democratic National Committee's punishment.

"I will try to persuade my delegates to seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida," said Clinton. "Democrats have to win Michigan and have to try to win Florida and I intend to do that. The people of Florida deserve to be represented in the process of picking a candidate for president of the United States."

Michigan also violated party rules by moving its primary to Jan. 15, and party leaders voted to strip the state of its 156 delegates as punishment.

Democrats participated in Tuesday's primary, driven to vote in part by ballot initiatives on property tax relief and gambling in some counties.

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
McCain 35 Percent and Romnney 32 Percent. Giuliani is at 15 Percent and I think he will be out of the race as of tonight or tomorrow. That's really bad when he has spent all of his time and money in Florida and still didn't make it to the top two.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Go McCain.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow Hillary's giving a sweet victory speech. Best one I've heard from her so far.

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
So florida voted in big numbers and she won by quite a lot. Of course she wont get any delegates because of our stupid primary voting rules. Might help her, a good win, shows she has the peoples support.

Clinton wins primary

How did she show she had the peoples support when they were told way ahead of time that their votes didn't count towards delegates ?

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Most people don't pay enough close attention to know about delegates. It shows in the numbers, for a non-counting primary the people of florida really came out to vote.

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
i still don't get it? :(

5stringJeff
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Giuliani is battling for third place with Huckabee?? He's toast.

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Most people don't pay enough close attention to know about delegates. It shows in the numbers, for a non-counting primary the people of florida really came out to vote.

Sure they came out to vote------by WHY ? There were a number of other items on the ballots that could have attracted them.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Do those other issue normally attract people in such numbers, never that I've heard of.

Nuc
01-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Wow Hillary's giving a sweet victory speech. Best one I've heard from her so far.

OK but she's giving it with her mouth and vocal cords, right?

Play Mozart on a violin with barbed wire for strings and it'll sound like crap.

With her dough you'd think she could invest in some elocution lessons.

Anybody who wants to listen to that screechy, vulgar, obnoxious, hissing harpy for four or eight years must be deaf.

I don't even care about the content, I can't stand the sound.

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 09:05 PM
CNN just said that Giuliani will (according to sources from both campaigns) endorse Senator McCain as early as Wednesday! :dance:

manu1959
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM

Clinton wins primary

what does she get?

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
OK but she's giving it with her mouth and vocal cords, right?

Play Mozart on a violin with barbed wire for strings and it'll sound like crap.

With her dough you'd think she could invest in some elocution lessons.

Anybody who wants to listen to that screechy, vulgar, obnoxious, hissing harpy for four or eight years must be deaf.

I don't even care about the content, I can't stand the sound.

invest in ear plugs---I think we're stuck with her.

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Senator McCain is at 36 Percent now with 55 Percent of precints reporting. :dance:

theHawk
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
This is good news. The Republicans have rejected the flip-flopper millionaire!

For sure Rudy is going to endorse McCain because of his background on national security, and its likely most Rudy supporters will favor McCain.

Will poor Romney dump more tens of millions of his own cash into the campaign?

theHawk
01-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh yea its also good news that Clinton won. She'll get destroyed by McCain in an election!

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: McCain wins Florida's Republican primary CNN projects
NEW: Clinton claims victory in Florida's Democratic race
Voters across the state are casting ballots in presidential primary
No Democratic party delegates are at stake

Sen. John McCain will win the Florida Republican primary, CNN projects based on election results and exit polling, edging out rival Mitt Romney.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/29/fl.primary/index.html

:dance: Maybe Multiple Choice Mitt will take the hint and drop out and take Hucklebee with him! :dance:

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
This is good news. The Republicans have rejected the flip-flopper millionaire!

For sure Rudy is going to endorse McCain because of his background on national security, and its likely most Rudy supporters will favor McCain.

Will poor Romney dump more tens of millions of his own cash into the campaign?And don't you think that when Huckabee ends up dropping out that he will ask his supporters to go towards McCain also... Hawk?

I think that If huckabee sticks it out then the social conservatives, the religious sector will stick it out with him, but IF and when he is forced to bow out, then these voters will have no where to go other than Romney or McCain and Romney had been so vicious to Huckabee that the religious right followers of huckabee will also go with Mccain over Romney.

Of course I am just speculating here, and it ain't over till the fat lady sings...

jd

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 09:42 PM
And don't you think that when Huckabee ends up dropping out that he will ask his supporters to go towards McCain also... Hawk?

I think that If huckabee sticks it out then the social conservatives, the religious sector will stick it out with him, but IF and when he is forced to bow out, then these voters will have no where to go other than Romney or McCain and Romney had been so vicious to Huckabee that the religious right followers of huckabee will also go with Mccain over Romney.

Of course I am just speculating here, and it ain't over till the fat lady sings...

jd

Clinton v McCain be still my heart :laugh2:

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh yea its also good news that Clinton won. She'll get destroyed by McCain in an election!i bet ya she doesn't get destroyed in a one on one with McCain.... I bet ya it will be more neck n neck than ya think..... with anyone else on the republican side it would be a landslide, Clinton's favor :)imo.

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 09:47 PM

Well, John Edwards could be sitting back waiting for the clinton's and Barak Obama destroy eachother, to slip in to first?

I realize it's a long shot, but ya never know? :laugh2:

Jane

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
i bet ya she doesn't get destroyed in a one on one with McCain.... I bet ya it will be more neck n neck than ya think..... with anyone else on the republican side it would be a landslide, Clinton's favor :)imo.

oh goody--I can hardly wait to see which liberal wins. :laugh2:

manu1959
01-29-2008, 09:51 PM
i bet ya she doesn't get destroyed in a one on one with McCain.... I bet ya it will be more neck n neck than ya think..... with anyone else on the republican side it would be a landslide, Clinton's favor :)imo.

i don't think hillary should be able to serve a third term ..... hell her ideas didn't work a decade ago .....i have had enough of the bush clinton clan.....hell some appointed people have served in all three administrations........

time to clean house and get some new blood in there.....

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
oh goody--I can hardly wait to see which liberal wins. :laugh2:

hahahahahahahaha! yahhhhhh dillo, i can imagine how well your doin' with that....!!!!:laugh2:

jd

NATO AIR
01-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I believe more and more Obama is going to take this thing.

Its funny too how the media has rejected the bullshit from the Clintons... God bless em for it, you can only eat shit for so long. They violate a pledge to the party and to the people of other states to respect their primaries, then use a made-up violation by Obama to try to take the delegates. Not going to happen, the party establishment is turning against the Clintons. She'll need to blow Obama out of the water in almost every state on Super Tuesday and that isn't going to happen.

Hell, I'll be good money Obama takes NYC in the delegate count. That alone will deflate anything HRC gets, as well as all the independents in California who will be voting for Obama since they can't vote for McCain.

And yes, good to see McCain win and beat ol money bags flip-flopper.

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
i don't think hillary should be able to serve a third term ..... hell her ideas didn't work a decade ago .....i have had enough of the bush clinton clan.....hell some appointed people have served in all three administrations........

time to clean house and get some new blood in there.....

I'm afraid the establishment wins again. Where are all the people who were chanting for a change ?

McCain sounds like he's accepting the nomination now. Deal's been done ?

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM

Senator McCain will slaughter Hillary Clinton, it wouldn't even be a contest. I guarantee when Hillary get's the nomination Senator McCain will throw himself on the ground and thank god for his luck!

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 09:58 PM
:dance: Wow, Senator McCain is at 36 Percent and Mitt Romney actually dropped to 31 Percent with 75 Percent reporting. Senator McCain gets all 57 Deligates! :dance:

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 10:01 PM

time to clean house and get some new blood in there.....Well, bet ya a hundred to one, on a penny initial bet that Jeb Bush is Romney's vp, and that may not sit well with a lot of people.

Here's why i think this:

about a year ago i read an article about Jeb not getting his shot cuz of his older brother's mess ups, so all these big wig Jeb supporters ready to cough up some campaign dough, were told to support Romney with their cash....

Then a couple of months ago Romney gives his "religion" speech at GHWB's presidential Library.....

Then read an article about some of Romney's biggest campaign supporters or groups outside of himself as his biggest donor, but anyway, they were all PACS or people that were Jebb Bush supporters too....

so, i bet that Jeb will be his vp pick.... if not his first term in IFFFFF HE IS ELECTED, but at least by his second term, setting Jeb up for being the next president of the united states....

Again, speculations, but starting to really add up, in my book :D

jd

manu1959
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, bet ya a hundred to one, on a penny initial bet that Jeb Bush is Romney's vp, and that may not sit well with a lot of people.

Here's why i think this:

about a year ago i read an article about Jeb not getting his shot cuz of his older brother's mess ups, so all these big wig Jeb supporters ready to cough up some campaign dough, were told to support Romney with their cash....

Then a couple of months ago Romney gives his "religion" speech at GHWB's presidential Library.....

Then read an article about some of Romney's biggest campaign supporters or groups outside of himself as his biggest donor, but anyway, they were all PACS or people that were Jebb Bush supporters too....

so, i bet that Jeb will be his vp pick.... if not his first term in IFFFFF HE IS ELECTED, but at least by his second term, setting Jeb up for being the next president of the united states....

jd

can't see romney getting the nod......america wants a centrist in my opinion that rules out hillary obama and romney.....

that said american presidents seldom come from the senate.....

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
:dance: Wow, Senator McCain is at 36 Percent and Mitt Romney actually dropped to 31 Percent with 75 Percent reporting. Senator McCain gets all 57 Deligates! :dance:

Top Trilateral Commissioners Back McCain
Since 1976, the members of the Trilateral Commission have carefully backed presidential candidates in both political parties, to insure their continued Hegemony over the Executive Branch of the U.S. government.

Printer friendly
Email this

In the upcoming 2008, few are watching to see who the Trilateral-backed candidates will be. Still, it's very noteworthy to observe early Trilateral support for candidate John McCain (R-AZ) by Commisisoners Henry Kissinger, George Schultz, Lawrence Eagleburger and Alexander Haig.

Also of note is that all four of these are are also former Secretaries of State:

Kissinger - under Nixon and Ford
Schultz and Haig - under Ronald Reagan
Eagleburger - under George H.W. Bush
Collectively, Kissinger, Schultz, Haig and Eagleburger represent the white-hot core of the global elite.

The fact that McCain has been lagging in public polls recently is not a stumbling block to receiving Trilateral support: Globalists simply want operatives who will implement their policies and protect their hegemony. Given enough money and support from the Trilateral-dominated press, it is easier to change the public's opinion about their "chosen" than it is to change another candidates opinions on globalism.

Even if McCain gets abandoned in the future, receiving such endorsements is a pointed confirmation of his position toward corporate globalization.

The August Review will continue to monitor Trilateral Commission involvement in the 2008 presidential race.

http://www.augustreview.com/news_commentary/u.s._elections/top_trilateral_commissioners_back_mccain_200704125 5/

Dilloduck
01-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, bet ya a hundred to one, on a penny initial bet that Jeb Bush is Romney's vp, and that may not sit well with a lot of people.

Here's why i think this:

jd

Romney is dead in the water--good theory tho.

Yurt
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: McCain wins Florida's Republican primary CNN projects
NEW: Clinton claims victory in Florida's Democratic race
Voters across the state are casting ballots in presidential primary
No Democratic party delegates are at stake

Sen. John McCain will win the Florida Republican primary, CNN projects based on election results and exit polling, edging out rival Mitt Romney.

Full Story.............
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/29/fl.primary/index.html

:dance: Maybe Multiple Choice Mitt will take the hint and drop out and take Hucklebee with him! :dance:

not for that small of a percentage difference

:dance:

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:10 PM

Here's why i think this:

jd

First of all Romney doesn't stand a chance of getting elected, even if by some wierd chance he get's the nomination he would not be able to pull a win or even come close to one.

Second of all I have been saying the same thing about Jeb and Romney running together for months. A lot of Jeb's top people joined the Romney campaign. People who would never leave Jeb. So that right there tell's us something.

NATO AIR
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
romney would have been a good vp pick.

still might be. especially if obama is the dem, not hrc.

theHawk
01-29-2008, 10:12 PM

She will get demolished. Consider if she does get the nomination, I think much of the Democratic party will stay bitter about it, especially the blacks. She'll also galvanize the conservatives to vote againt her and B.J. from getting back into the White House.

However, if Obama gets the nomination, I think it will be a very close race....

Yurt
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
First of all Romney doesn't stand a chance of getting elected, even if by some wierd chance he get's the nomination he would not be able to pull a win or even come close to one.

Second of all I have been saying the same thing about Jeb and Romney running together for months. A lot of Jeb's top people joined the Romney campaign. People who would never leave Jeb. So that right there tell's us something.

better than mclame

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
can't see romney getting the nod......america wants a centrist in my opinion that rules out hillary obama and romney.....

that said american presidents seldom come from the senate.....

Romney is a centerist. He has been a registered Independant for his whole life up until he decides he needs the Republican parties support to get elected. He need's to drop out, he wont win, he wont beat the Clinton Campaign Machine hell he wont even beat the Obama Bin Laden campaign.

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
better than mclame

Anyways. You better get used to "Hail To The Chief" everytime Senator McCain walks into a room.

Yurt
01-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Anyways. You better get used to "Hail To The Chief" everytime Senator McCain walks into a room.

whatever democrat

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 10:23 PM

but Nevada, Romney has put in over $40 million of his own money to support his own campaign...he's got 250 million....and you know, the Supremes said that money is free speech in elections so he can shoot the whole wad if he feels like it, i bet....

And money is what it really takes to win...

the thing is, he is not a shabby business man and i don't believe he has used his own $40 million cuz he thinks he will lose.

On top of this, who would have thunk it, that Romney could win in Liberal Massachusetts with Liberal people out the ying yang?

He's a smooth talker, who tells people what they want to hear while being a tremendous Chameleon, or Palm tree, and most of the masses that votes, does not git in to the nitty gritty and know this....they see him as a beauty, and someone who cares about their own concerns, he works both sides of the aisle and even the divisions within each party, telling them all what they want to hear imo.....only later to deny ever saying such.....imho.

jd

manu1959
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Romney is a centerist. He has been a registered Independant for his whole life up until he decides he needs the Republican parties support to get elected. He need's to drop out, he wont win, he wont beat the Clinton Campaign Machine hell he wont even beat the Obama Bin Laden campaign.

call romney what you want but he is not perceived as a centrist....

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
whatever democrat

That coming from someone who is supporting the candidate who just became a Republican instead of a candidate who has been a lifeling Republican.

but Nevada, Romney has put in over $40 million of his own money to support his own campaign...he's got 250 million....and you know, the Supremes said that money is free speech in elections so he can shoot the whole wad if he feels like it, i bet....

And money is what it really takes to win...

the thing is, he is not a shabby business man and i don't believe he has used his own $40 million cuz he thinks he will lose.

On top of this, who would have thunk it, that Romney could win in Liberal Massachusetts with Liberal people out the ying yang?

He's a smooth talker, who tells people what they want to hear while being a tremendous Chameleon, or Palm tree, and most of the masses that votes, does not git in to the nitty gritty and know this....they see him as a beauty, and someone who cares about their own concerns, he works both sides of the aisle and even the divisions within each party, telling them all what they want to hear imo.....only later to deny ever saying such.....imho.

jd

Romney can't but the election. It is obvious people are wise to his tricks and realize he is two faced and up to no good.

Yurt
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
That coming from someone who is supporting the candidate who just became a Republican instead of a candidate who has been a lifeling Republican.

Romney can't but the election. It is obvious people are wise to his tricks and realize he is two faced and up to no good.

:lol:

mccain is a dem in republican clothes, the thread are all over the board, you're in denial

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 10:30 PM
She will get demolished. Consider if she does get the nomination, I think much of the Democratic party will stay bitter about it, especially the blacks. She'll also galvanize the conservatives to vote againt her and B.J. from getting back into the White House.

However, if Obama gets the nomination, I think it will be a very close race....It all depends Hawk.....on what happens in Iraq and elsewhere....

There are many people on both sides of the aisle that are sick and tired of this warring going on in Iraq and McCain is an avid supporter of continuing such for "another hundred years", and i'm not certain how well that would sit with the most of the populous....

I do agree with you that Hillary will bring out the masses in opposition of her, and the divisiness that has taken place on race within the Democratic Party, could leave the African Americans sitting out if she wins, but again...i think that they may still send their support to hillary, vs. a republican as president....but ya never know...?

jd

Sitarro
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I'll take a multi millionaire businessman who knows how to actually make business decisions over a lousy Navy pilot that was too inept to keep an aircraft as maneuverable as an A-4 from getting hit by a SAM. Sorry about the time in the POW camp, that amount of time has to work on the sanity. Now he is a Senator that has absolutely no clue how to work with the private sector, he just has others do research and think for him and takes the credit for what they come up with.

He is just an angry, lying old man with a propensity for cancer that will be worse than a Democrat. You know what you can expect from a Dem, this jerk is a wolf in sheep's clothing pretending to be a Republican.

I may respect someone's service in the military but that surely doesn't automatically make a good President...... in this guy's case it probably had a hand in making him insane.

THE NEW YORK TIMES ENDORSED THIS LOON, WHAT ELSE DO YA NEED TO KNOW!

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
It all depends Hawk.....on what happens in Iraq and elsewhere....

There are many people on both sides of the aisle that are sick and tired of this warring going on in Iraq and McCain is an avid supporter of continuing such for "another hundred years", and i'm not certain how well that would sit with the most of the populous....

I do agree with you that Hillary will bring out the masses in opposition of her, and the divisiness that has taken place on race within the Democratic Party, could leave the African Americans sitting out if she wins, but again...i think that they may still send their support to hillary, vs. a republican as president....but ya never know...?

jd

We have no business leaving Iraq, we are not done there yet and the surge has been extremly successful.

manu1959
01-29-2008, 10:40 PM
:lol:

mccain is a dem in republican clothes, the thread are all over the board, you're in denial

true ... but america is tired of extreme politics and imho romney, paul, huckabee, edwards, obama and hillary represent that impression .....

manu1959
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
We have no business leaving Iraq, we are not done there yet and the surge has been extremly successful.

sorry but bush will have all (save a small force) the troops redeployed in afganistan by haloween.....

nevadamedic
01-29-2008, 10:48 PM
true ... but america is tired of extreme politics and imho romney, paul, huckabee, edwards, obama and hillary represent that impression .....

You left out Kookinich and Gravel(Even though they don't count or matter!). We really need to write Senator McCain and urge him to take Duncan Hunter with him!

sorry but bush will have all (save a small force) the troops redeployed in afganistan by haloween.....

I doubt that. Iraq will remain the focus for a while, unless Iran acts up again. :salute:

theHawk
01-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I'll take a multi millionaire businessman who knows how to actually make business decisions over a lousy Navy pilot that was too inept to keep an aircraft as maneuverable as an A-4 from getting hit by a SAM. Sorry about the time in the POW camp, that amount of time has to work on the sanity. Now he is a Senator that has absolutely no clue how to work with the private sector, he just has others do research and think for him and takes the credit for what they come up with.

Pretty low thing to say. He was shot down during a huge offensive on a heavily defended target. He dropped his bombs before he was shot down.

And as much as McCain has no clue o to work with the private sector, Mitt would have no clue how to make a good Commander-in-Chief.

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
You left out Kookinich and Gravel(Even though they don't count or matter!). We really need to write Senator McCain and urge him to take Duncan Hunter with him!

I doubt that. Iraq will remain the focus for a while, unless Iran acts up again. :salute:

duncan hunter is not electable in 4 to 8 years......i would bet if mcain gets it he will be asked to take on romney......this smells a lot like reagan bush to me.....

Yurt
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM

what do you consider extreme about romney?

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:18 PM
what do you consider extreme about romney?

nothing.....but the general impression of him is one of someone on the religious right which makes him extreme.....he can't get votes in the center.....this election will be decided by those in the right that have moved to the left in the last 8 years.....mccains centrist posisitons and ability to work across the aisle will pick off the middle......the religious far right and whack job left will cancel each other out this time around.....people are tired of the extreme rhetoric....they want shit fixed....

Yurt
01-29-2008, 11:21 PM
nothing.....but the general impression of him is one of someone on the religious right which makes him extreme.....he can't get votes in the center.....this election will be decided by those in the right that have moved to the left in the last 8 years.....mccains centrist posisitons and ability to work across the aisle will pick off the middle......the religious far right and whack job left will cancel each other out this time around.....people are tired of the extreme rhetoric....they want shit fixed....

romney also has worked across the aisle as governor. romney's record as governor is far from extreme. i have real problem voting for mccain given his massive liberal underpinnings. voted against bush tax cuts, for amnesty...

retiredman
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
romney also has worked across the aisle as governor. romney's record as governor is far from extreme. i have real problem voting for mccain given his massive liberal underpinnings. voted against bush tax cuts, for amnesty...

the righties who have problems with McCain will hand the election to Obama by non-voting.

sweet

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM

yes and govenors tend to be elected president and senators don't.....

mccain voted against tax cuts because he wanted spending cut as well....i would have voted the same way....

as for amnesty....he simply wants them to be legal workers and paying taxes....all without disrupting the economy.....if the price you pay to get 12 million on the tax rolls and the economy continues un interupted i think you would agree that would be a good thing.....i believe mccain can work out the details.....and i have expressed what i would like to see the details be.....esentially....become a tax paying worker and i will put you in line to be considered for citizenship.....

Pale Rider
01-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh yea its also good news that Clinton won. She'll get destroyed by McCain in an election!

No she won't, because conservatives hate mclame's guts. If nominated he'll split the republican vote. Liberals will vote for him, but the conservatives won't. The lame stream media knows this, and that's why they keep heaping praise upon him. Hillary is a shoe in against mclame.

Pale Rider
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM

A real big choice there... either a liberal or a liberal.

Yurt
01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
yes and govenors tend to be elected president and senators don't.....

mccain voted against tax cuts because he wanted spending cut as well....i would have voted the same way....

as for amnesty....he simply wants them to be legal workers and paying taxes....all without disrupting the economy.....if the price you pay to get 12 million on the tax rolls and the economy continues un interupted i think you would agree that would be a good thing.....i believe mccain can work out the details.....and i have expressed what i would like to see the details be.....esentially....become a tax paying worker and i will put you in line to be considered for citizenship.....

I don't think the solution is that simple, nor do I think you are suggesting it is that simple. Making them taxable employees does not fix the problem, that being low wages these people take because they are illegal. They have created a false wage realization in the economy. If they were here legally and followed the process, there would obviously be far less of them and we would have far more legal citizens or nationals doing that work at the current rate they are. What we have now is people saying, hey, i want more than the illegal -- hence a false wage expectation. There are too many on welfare that need to be out doing those jobs. Instead, no one will take those jobs because "illegals" do that.

They need to be booted. My wife's step father got booted in 1999, after living in Arizona for 4 years because he forgot to take some stupid paper to the border of Canada and get in stamped some 15 years prior. My wife had to go back to canada one time because her student visa was late. Just because these people pick produce does not give them any greater entitlement to our freedoms.

IMHO

JohnDoe
01-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Pretty low thing to say. He was shot down during a huge offensive on a heavily defended target. He dropped his bombs before he was shot down.

And as much as McCain has no clue o to work with the private sector, Mitt would have no clue how to make a good Commander-in-Chief.I would rep ya if i could for this....but gotta spread some so....i agree and mccain should not be put down for what he gave for his country.... it is a yellow belly slimey action and comments from people who have no concept of what it means to serve their country, or to fight in a war for their country, or to give up their life for their country....not saying this is the case, with the poster that just put those words in print but for the most part, it is these "type" of idiots that generally espouse those type of things about people that have served their country, and served their country well imo...and they are fighting "dirty" cuz they have no other way to have the possibility of winning....

jd

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I don't think the solution is that simple, nor do I think you are suggesting it is that simple. Making them taxable employees does not fix the problem, that being low wages these people take because they are illegal. They have created a false wage realization in the economy. If they were here legally and followed the process, there would obviously be far less of them and we would have far more legal citizens or nationals doing that work at the current rate they are. What we have now is people saying, hey, i want more than the illegal -- hence a false wage expectation. There are too many on welfare that need to be out doing those jobs. Instead, no one will take those jobs because "illegals" do that.

They need to be booted. My wife's step father got booted in 1999, after living in Arizona for 4 years because he forgot to take some stupid paper to the border of Canada and get in stamped some 15 years prior. My wife had to go back to canada one time because her student visa was late. Just because these people pick produce does not give them any greater entitlement to our freedoms.

IMHO

all true as well.....the false wage expection will be cured if you put them on the tax rolls and give everyone 90 days to prove all workers are legal and then start fining companies in non compliance 10,000 a day per employee....

Pale Rider
01-29-2008, 11:56 PM

Well... some may be tired of extreme politics, many are not. It just appears tonight that Florida has more liberals than conservatives, that's all. mccain will get creamed here in Nevada, even by Ron Paul.

Yurt
01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
all true as well.....the false wage expection will be cured if you put them on the tax rolls and give everyone 90 days to prove all workers are legal and then start fining companies in non compliance 10,000 a day per employee....

fair enough, however, putting them on payroll does not get the welfare recips off. if the illegals followed the process legally, the influx of low"er" wage earners would be far less. fining companies should start immediately.

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Well... some may be tired of extreme politics, many are not. It just appears tonight that Florida has more liberals than conservatives, that's all. mccain will get creamed here in Nevada, even by Ron Paul.

florida is a closed primary......didn't mccain already lose to romney in nevada at the caucuses?

manu1959
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
fair enough, however, putting them on payroll does not get the welfare recips off. if the illegals followed the process legally, the influx of low"er" wage earners would be far less. fining companies should start immediately.

also all true......and if you are not a citizen you should not be able to get a welfare check...i consider that fraud....arrest them and deport them.....

Yurt
01-30-2008, 12:00 AM

didn't romney already win NV?

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:02 AM
the righties who have problems with McCain will hand the election to Obama by non-voting.

sweet

Very, very true. If mccain gets the repub nomination, it's a sure win for the dems. True conservatives will either not vote, or vote third party, like me, because there is no way in HELL I'd EVER vote for mclame, and judging by the number of people that call in to Rush, there's a whole hell of a lot of people that feel exactly the same way.

manu1959
01-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Very, very true. If mccain gets the repub nomination, it's a sure win for the dems. True conservatives will either not vote, or vote third party, like me, because there is no way in HELL I'd EVER vote for mclame, and judging by the number of people that call in to Rush, there's a whole hell of a lot of people that feel exactly the same way.

so you would prefer hillary or obama over mccain?.....trippy....

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:03 AM

That, my friend, is better known as "selling out the conervative party."

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:04 AM
so you would prefer hillary or obama over mccain?.....trippy....

Nope. Neither. Sober.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:09 AM
florida is a closed primary......didn't mccain already lose to romney in nevada at the caucuses?

And Ron Paul.

82Marine89
01-30-2008, 12:14 AM
No she won't, because conservatives hate mclame's guts. If nominated he'll split the republican vote. Liberals will vote for him, but the conservatives won't. The lame stream media knows this, and that's why they keep heaping praise upon him. Hillary is a shoe in against mclame.

I will stay true to my Conservative values and be writing in Ron Paul. McCain is not and never has been a Conservative.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I will stay true to my Conservative values and be writing in Ron Paul. McCain is not and never has been a Conservative.

I can't WAIT to hear Rush tomorrow morning. Because as split as the blacks are for obama bin laden, and the kook liberals are for clinton, the liberal republicans are for mccain. mccain splits the republican party just as badly as either obama or hillary does for the dems.

Nothing is guaranteed for anyone at this point though, especially for mccain.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
I can't WAIT to hear Rush tomorrow morning. Because as split as the blacks are for obama bin laden, and the kook liberals are for clinton, the liberal republicans are for mccain. mccain splits the republican party just as badly as either obama or hillary does for the dems.

I agree, but it's looking much more likely.

Sitarro
01-30-2008, 12:33 AM

And as much as McCain has no clue o to work with the private sector, Mitt would have no clue how to make a good Commander-in-Chief.

You're right, that was a low thing to say. I researched it more thoroughly and it's obvious that the mistake of sending a bunch of tired A-4s into that area was an asinine decision by the arrogant fools running the Navy(the very same assholes that love to blame civilians for their own mistakes). They should have allowed the Air Force to do the job that they are best suited for and leave the Navy pilots doing what they do best, guarding their boats.

Mccain's service in the Navy has nothing to do with who he is now, a lousy Senator that is much more of a liberal than a conservative. As a former pilot in the Navy I really don't see where he would make a better Commander in Chief than Romney, if anything his arrogance would keep him from getting the counsel of much more qualified people to help with that role.

Romney has not only been a ridiculously successful businessman, he led a state as Governor..... much better qualifications than a career Senator that when he was in the Navy didn't even get promoted to a rank above Captain.

82Marine89
01-30-2008, 12:35 AM

Actually, Bush has single handedly destroyed the Republican Party. He has achieved in seven years what the democrats have been trying to do for 50. McCain has done his best to follow in those footsteps. He's a pro-amnesty, pro-big government, liberal masquerading as a Republican. He has done more for third parties than Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, or Ron Paul could have ever dreamed of accomplishing.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I agree, but it's looking much more likely.

What's the word I've heard several times now about florida.... "disenfranchised."

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Actually, Bush has single handedly destroyed the Republican Party. He has achieved in seven years what the democrats have been trying to do for 50. McCain has done his best to follow in those footsteps. He's a pro-amnesty, pro-big government, liberal masquerading as a Republican. He has done more for third parties than Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, or Ron Paul could have ever dreamed of accomplishing.

You must spead some reputation around before giving it to 82Marine89 again.

It's far from over. All we can do is hope other states are more conservative than all the liberals down in florida masquerading as republicans.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
What's the word I've heard several times now about florida.... "disenfranchised."

I'm not sure how they figure that, but I do know their votes were counted and recounted and recounted. If anything I'd say they are superenfranchised.

82Marine89
01-30-2008, 12:41 AM
It's far from over. All we can do is hope other states are more conservative than all the liberals down in florida masquerading as republicans.

Florida is New York with a different zip code.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:43 AM
Florida is New York with a different zip code.

I lived in Tampa for three and a half years. Was stationed at MacDill AFB. I think I can agree with your assessment.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure how they figure that, but I do know their votes were counted and recounted and recounted. If anything I'd say they are superenfranchised.

I think disenfranchised is used to describe the feelings of the rest of the country, watching florida vote for a liberal like mccain in a republican primary.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 02:04 AM

Your talking out your ass again because the person you want to win didn't. It's really going to burn your ass when he wins the Presidency.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 02:05 AM

Pale's just off his medication and talking out his ass again, don't mind him.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 02:25 AM

Ron Paul is not a Conservative, he is a self admitted Libertarian, so try again.

Actually Conservative Republican's, Moderate Republican's, Liberal Republican's, Independant's and Liberal's are for Senator McCain. He is the only hope for beating the Democrat's and it fry's your ass because you know im right.

Also Senator McCain is the official front runner in the Republican Campaign and it was cemented in tonight.

Your right, that was a low thing to say. I researched it more thoroughly and it's obvious that the mistake of sending a bunch of tired A-4s into that area was an asinine decision by the arrogant fools running the Navy(the very same assholes that love to blame civilians for their own mistakes). They should have allowed the Air Force to do the job that they are best suited for and leave the Navy pilots doing what they do best, guarding their boats.

Mccain's service in the Navy has nothing to do with who he is now, a lousy Senator that is much more of a liberal than a conservative. As a former pilot in the Navy I really don't see where he would make a better Commander in Chief than Romney, if anything his arrogance would keep him from getting the counsel of much more qualified people to help with that role.

Romney has not only been a ridiculously successful businessman, he led a state as Governor..... much better qualifications than a career Senator that when he was in the Navy didn't even get promoted to a rank above Captain.

Why don't you research what Senator McCain did after he was shot down in that war. This example show's what kind of honor and respect he has.

Once his captors found out who he was and who his dad was they offered to release him immediatly. Senator McCain turned that offer down without even thinking about it because it wasn't fair to the men who have been in captivity longer. He refused to be released until all the men who were captured or taken prisoner before him were released.

Try again, Preisdent Bush didn't destroy the party at all. Also Senator McCain has voted against the President more times then he has voted for him, so he definatly wont follow in his footsteps. Try again.

That's why every candidate has campaigned hard in Florida? Anyways.

Anyways, that's why McCain is winning all the polls in the deligate rich state of California. Face it, Senator McCain is the frontrunner, will win the primary and then go onto win the general election.

I think disenfranchised is used to describe the feelings of the rest of the country, watching florida vote for a liberal like mccain in a republican primary.

Nice try. That is why Senator McCain is winning a lot of the polls across the country? Your a sore loser and a huge baby. Grow up.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
If McCain claimed to be a Libertarian, then he is either a liar or doesn't understand that with a capital L he's saying he's with the Libertarian Party. Now maybe you mistakenly used the capital? So he was claiming to be a libertarian philosophically? Then he'd still be wrong, as he's so far from a libertarian it's not funny.

No one has messed with free speech the way he did with McCain-Feingold.

Maybe he said that when he was afraid of Ron Paul catching up?

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 02:55 AM
If McCain claimed to be a Libertarian, then he is either a liar or doesn't understand that with a capital L he's saying he's with the Libertarian Party. Now maybe you mistakenly used the capital? So he was claiming to be a libertarian philosophically? Then he'd still be wrong, as he's so far from a libertarian it's not funny.

No one has messed with free speech the way he did with McCain-Feingold.

Maybe he said that when he was afraid of Ron Paul catching up?

I mean to say Ron Paul, it was a typo.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Your talking out your ass again because the person you want to win didn't. It's really going to burn your ass when he wins the Presidency.

Pale's just off his medication and talking out his ass again, don't mind him.

Don't even start talking any of your mouthy shit to me you ignorant little prick. I will make it a face to face discussion, and you ain't going to like it.

01-30-2008, 03:11 AM
The results were disappointing. I really don't want to see the Republican party destroyed. It's not over yet but the battle is going to be tougher.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 03:15 AM
The results were disappointing. I really don't want to see the Republican party destroyed. It's not over yet but the battle is going to be tougher.

Could get lucky, McCain could explode on Conservatives, on-air. The media has anointed him now, but never underestimate his power to get his temper up.

01-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Could get lucky, McCain could explode on Conservatives, on-air. The media has anointed him now, but never underestimate his power to get his temper up.

I dont see how that would really change anything now. It's not like its a secret that he despises us as it is. It's not like a secret that he betrayed us on every single major issue this movement has stood for.

It's completely Ironic. Republicans lost control of Congress because they refused to govern as conservatives, and yet so many of them are voting for the man that epitomizes every bad thing the Republicans did.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Don't even start talking any of your mouthy shit to me you ignorant little prick. I will make it a face to face discussion, and you ain't going to like it.

Oh, so now your resorting to threats? Very mature.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Oh, so now your resorting to threats? Very mature.

You know what you're getting into if you start talking shit to me boy... don't act all surprized. I wasn't giving you any shit. You ask for it, you'll get it.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 03:32 AM
I dont see how that would really change anything now. It's not like its a secret that he despises us as it is. It's not like a secret that he betrayed us on every single major issue this movement has stood for.

It's completely Ironic. Republicans lost control of Congress because they refused to govern as conservatives, and yet so many of them are voting for the man that epitomizes every bad thing the Republicans did.

He betrayed us on the issue of defending our country and getting the people who were responsible for 9/11? He betrayed us on the issue of Abortion and gay marriage? He betrayed us on issues with Iran? He betraied us by wanting to cut back if not eliminate Pork? Those are major issues that he sttod his ground on. He has had a couple of issues he made wrong decisions on but every polititian has done the same thing, including Multiple Choice Mitt. Remember he has only been a so called Conservative for only a few years, and the only reason he registered Republican is he needed the parties support to win an election as he wasn't able to do it as an Independant or a Democrat since he got creamed when he tried.

Senator McCain won't destroy the Republican Party, if anything he will fix it. He will work across party lines and do away with all this endless bickering and fighting over bullshit that has gone on since Slick Willy. Do you realize that if you vote for Romney you are esentially voting for Hitlery or Obama Bin Laden? If Romney get's the nomination we are handing the White House to the Democrats on a silver platter. Romney can't get the Independant, Liberal and by the looks of Florida he can't even get the straight Conservative votes. Senator McCain can get all of the above. Weather you like him or not you have to decide who you would rather have in office McCain or Clinton or Obama Bin Laden. If you want Clinton and Obama Bin Laden then vote for Romney, if you want a life long Conservative, then vote for Senator McCain.:salute:

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 03:34 AM
You know what you're getting into if you start talking shit to me boy... don't act all surprized. I wasn't giving you any shit. You ask for it, you'll get it.

The hell you wern't, you always do with anyone who doesn't agree with you or when you don't get your way. You first start cussing people out, then comes your temper tantrum and when that doesn't work then you start making threats.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 03:37 AM
The hell you wern't, you always do with anyone who doesn't agree with you or when you don't get your way. You first start cussing people out, then comes your temper tantrum and when that doesn't work then you start making threats.

Show me where I said ONE WORD to YOU in this thread.

You're off your fucking rocker nm. Most here think you're fucking retarded, because most of the time you talk like it. Who else but some faggy, little idiot would have a cutsie, tootsie punching pussy for an avatar?

So just back off the shit talk to and about me if you don't want your ass in trouble. Simple as that. But if you continue, I will take care of business.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 03:38 AM
NM, you obviously have little political philosophy to guide you and fewer guideposts, maybe one just follows the other? You went I believe somehow from Tancredo to McCain? Other than wanting to be a delegate and vote Republican, how did you not experience cognitive dissonance?

I can rationalize voting Obama on my principles, though more likely to vote Libertarian, which means NOT Ron Paul even as a third party candidate. To do so for the first time, actually would be 'truer' to my principles than for Romney, but I've voted practical for my whole life.

01-30-2008, 03:52 AM
He betrayed us on the issue of defending our country and getting the people who were responsible for 9/11?

who is the sponsor for the terrorist bill of rights??

He betrayed us on the issue of Abortion and gay marriage?

Who is it that opposes the marriage amendment? Who opposes the life amendment? Who is it that specifically filed a petition to the Supreme court in support of Abortion?

He betrayed us on issues with Iran?

Give him time.

He betraied us by wanting to cut back if not eliminate Pork?

uh yeah. He is a freaking Senator! He is the very problem with washington spending!

Those are major issues that he sttod his ground on.

Only during campaign seasons

He has had a couple of issues he made wrong decisions on but every polititian has done the same thing, including Multiple Choice Mitt.

A couple??! A couple? Abridging free speech is not just a wrong decisions. It's an Unconstitutional decision. Rewarding lawbreakers by providing them with permenant legal status is not just a wrong decision. Opposing conservative justices is not just a wrong decision. Supporting a $.50 global warming tax on gasoline is not just a wrong decision.

Remember he has only been a so called Conservative for only a few years, and the only reason he registered Republican is he needed the parties support to win an election as he wasn't able to do it as an Independant or a Democrat since he got creamed when he tried.

McCain has never been a conservative. He's never even been a so called conservative. I'd chose a converted conservative over a poser any day of the freaking weak. What the hell is the point of electing Republicans if they are going to govern to the left of Democrats???

Senator McCain won't destroy the Republican Party, if anything he will fix it. He will work across party lines and do away with all this endless bickering and fighting over bullshit that has gone on since Slick Willy.

Are you really that naive? When a Republican works across party lines he is compromising with liberalism. Politicians dont work in a bipartisan fashion unless it's to completely screw over the electorate to benefit themselves. That's not something that is GOOD

Do you realize that if you vote for Romney you are esentially voting for Hitlery or Obama Bin Laden? If Romney get's the nomination we are handing the White House to the Democrats on a silver platter. Romney can't get the Independant, Liberal and by the looks of Florida he can't even get the straight Conservative votes.Senator McCain can get all of the above.

No he cant! Cant you understand that. McCain cant get conservative votes. Conservatives wont vote for McCain. And why should he? What's the point of electing a Republican if he governs as a democrat???

Weather you like him or not you have to decide who you would rather have in office McCain or Clinton or Obama Bin Laden. If you want Clinton and Obama Bin Laden then vote for Romney, if you want a life long Conservative, then vote for Senator McCain.:salute:

McCain is not and has never been a conservative. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? The country is going to go to hell regardless whether McCain or Clinton/Obama runs it. And if he goes to hell under McCain our party will be completely shattered.

But you dont care about that. No. You dont give a damn about the party or any of its ideals.

theHawk
01-30-2008, 09:19 AM
McCain isn't a true conservative, but neither is Mitt Romney. McCain has at least always been 100% pro-life, while Mitt hasn't been. He also supports the 2nd amendment 100%, unlike Mitt who banned asault weapons. Mitt has never been a conservative, and he still isn't.

I don't agree with McCain's immigration stance, nor his trade policy. But we wouldn't get anything done on those two fronts without a Republican Congress anyway.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Show me where I said ONE WORD to YOU in this thread.

You're off your fucking rocker nm. Most here think you're fucking retarded, because most of the time you talk like it. Who else but some faggy, little idiot would have a cutsie, tootsie punching pussy for an avatar?

So just back off the shit talk to and about me if you don't want your ass in trouble. Simple as that. But if you continue, I will take care of business.

Don't tell me what to do Grandpa, I will do whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like it.

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
who is the sponsor for the terrorist bill of rights??

Who is the one who has been on board with the war on terror from day one? Who is the one who wanted Osama Bin Laden captured or killed from day one? Who is the one who pushed to go into Afganistan the moment we got hit on 9/11? Who is the one behind the Patriot Act? Who is the one who will not put up with Iran's shit? Senator John McCain.

Who is it that opposes the marriage amendment? Who opposes the life amendment? Who is it that specifically filed a petition to the Supreme court in support of Abortion?

Lies. Senator McCain is and has been against abortion with the exception of Rape, Incest or if it will put the mothers life in danger.

Give him time.

uh yeah. He is a freaking Senator! He is the very problem with washington spending!

He has been the one fighting spending spending his entire career.

Only during campaign seasons

No, not at all.

A couple??! A couple? Abridging free speech is not just a wrong decisions. It's an Unconstitutional decision. Rewarding lawbreakers by providing them with permenant legal status is not just a wrong decision. Opposing conservative justices is not just a wrong decision. Supporting a $.50 global warming tax on gasoline is not just a wrong decision.

He doesn't oppose Conservative Justices. Romney has done more on the Liberal side of the issues then any of the candidates.

McCain has never been a conservative. He's never even been a so called conservative. I'd chose a converted conservative over a poser any day of the freaking weak. What the hell is the point of electing Republicans if they are going to govern to the left of Democrats???

Romney isn't even a converted Conservative. He just switched party names to get the votes. He still holds all of his Liberal principles to heart, and after the election all of the promises made will not be kept. He has a history of not keeping promosies. His immature attack's on President Ronald Reagan through out the 1980;s were disgusting and dispikable. Now he is comparing himself to the great President Reagan? Disgusting.

He also has been against the surge and the war on terror until he found out it was working and there are a lot of people behind the movement.

Are you really that naive? When a Republican works across party lines he is compromising with liberalism. Politicians dont work in a bipartisan fashion unless it's to completely screw over the electorate to benefit themselves. That's not something that is GOOD

The hell he is. President Ronald Reagan did and it unified the parties and country. You are upset that your boy had a major loss yesterday and you are just creating lies slander and doubt.

No he cant! Cant you understand that. McCain cant get conservative votes. Conservatives wont vote for McCain. And why should he? What's the point of electing a Republican if he governs as a democrat???

McCain is not and has never been a conservative. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? The country is going to go to hell regardless whether McCain or Clinton/Obama runs it. And if he goes to hell under McCain our party will be completely shattered.

But you dont care about that. No. You dont give a damn about the party or any of its ideals.

McCain isn't a true conservative, but neither is Mitt Romney. McCain has at least always been 100% pro-life, while Mitt hasn't been. He also supports the 2nd amendment 100%, unlike Mitt who banned asault weapons. Mitt has never been a conservative, and he still isn't.

I don't agree with McCain's immigration stance, nor his trade policy. But we wouldn't get anything done on those two fronts without a Republican Congress anyway.

You forgot to mention that he allowed sanctuary cities while Governor, Employeed Illegals and didn't mind illegal immigration until Congressman Tancredo and Congressman Hunter created the movement against it and he realized he would be a goner if he didn't get envolved.

Senator McCain is also against Gay Marriage which is a Conservative deal and is the only one in the campaigh that can effectivley fight terrorism and our Muslim Enemies. He called the surge from day one when there was no support. The President finally jumped on board with the surge and guess what? It has worked beautifully. We need a man with that kind of leadership and vision in office!

I also don't agree with his immigration stance but your right, theres not much he can do about it anyways. Although he is completley for securing the boarder, against giving illegals welfare, scholarships and for doing away with the anchor baby law.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. I thought the role of Senate was to advise and consent; not try to make policy, announced in an international forum. Interesting that, sort of like he thought he 'was' president, 2 years before he might have been inaugurated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/27/AR2007012700682.html

McCain seeks Iraq benchmarks as 'last chance'

Reuters
Saturday, January 27, 2007; 1:13 PM

DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - U.S. Sen. John McCain, a Republican from Arizona, said on Saturday he was preparing a resolution setting a series of targets for the Iraqi government as a "last chance" effort to reverse U.S. failure.

The Senate resolution would set benchmarks for the Iraqi government to defuse the escalating conflict and create the conditions for a U.S. withdrawal, McCain said at a briefing at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

It calls on the Iraqi government to hold provincial elections, pursue and punish criminal acts, and spend down a $10 billion reconstruction fund designed to provide basic services and education in Iraq.

"I cannot guarantee success but I can guarantee the consequences of failure," said McCain, an outspoken member of the Senate Armed Services Committee who supports President George W. Bush's plan to sent 21,500 troops to Iraq. "This is our last chance in many respects."

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't tell me what to do Grandpa, I will do whatever I feel like doing whenever I feel like it.

No... you won't.... retard... or you'll be gone... as you found out.... punk.

JackDaniels
01-30-2008, 12:57 PM
No... you won't.... retard... or you'll be gone... as you found out.... punk.

:laugh2:

nevadamedic doesn't seem to understand things when they are right in front of his face; like the fact that nearly every person on this board believe he is a complete and total moron, and the fact that he supports a liberal RINO like John McCain for President is the icing on the cake...

Immanuel
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Yup.... looks like Florida is full of kook liberals full of some kind of delusional idea that they're republicans. I've got news for them down there... they're not, and the republican party in Florida is dead.

Hehe,

You can thank George Bush for that. He killed it. Compassionate Conservative my a$$. Conservative my a$$

Immie

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. I thought the role of Senate was to advise and consent; not try to make policy, announced in an international forum. Interesting that, sort of like he thought he 'was' president, 2 years before he might have been inaugurated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/27/AR2007012700682.html
Damn, you got me off topic, but i can't get that Steve miller band song out of my head now, and it is all your fault!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Clowns to the left of me,
Joker's to the right,
Here I am Stuck in the middle with
Yes I'm, Stuck in the middle with you.

And I'm wonderin' what it is I should do,
it's so hard to keep this smile from my face,
Losin' control, yeah I'm all over the place.

JackDaniels
01-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Damn, you got me off topic, but i can't get that Steve miller band song out of my head now, and it is all your fault!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Come on now, I'm in my 20's and even I know the definitive version of that song is the original by Stealers Wheel.

http://www.dailyraider.com/vg/pc/reservoirdogs/01.jpg