PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating: Who's Paying The Lawyers For Gitmo?

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 02:26 AM
There are a lot of links, seems to be Wahabbists fronted by 'charities', uh huh. Say, Saudis:

http://junkyardblog.net/archives/2008/01/more-on-the-git.php

More on the Gitmo lawyers' shady Wahhabist backers

Let's take a break from election stuff for a moment and get back to one of my favorite topics: the Gitmo Lawyers and who's paying for them. Back here I wrote about a liberal advocacy outfit called the Center for Constitutional Rights, which was representing several of the Gitmo detainees (such as Majid Khan) in court. Not only are they representing lawyers, but they are also coordinating all the legal representation for most of the detainees--more than 500 pro-bono lawyers...

Gaffer
01-30-2008, 10:32 AM
wahabbi is just another word for saudi.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 10:39 AM
wahabbi is just another word for saudi.

Did you read it? The links to the Saudis just on this one issue is way too interesting. One shakes one's head in wonder at the administration's insistence on not truly addressing this.

Gaffer
01-30-2008, 10:55 AM
While they may be our supposed allies, I think the saudi's are our greatest enemy. Bush either doesn't see it or is playing some political game with them that could blow up in his face.

The saudis are playing a deception game while they build their mosques and promote their agendas. Once they have met their objectives they will turn on us like rabid dogs.

Paying for lawyers is just a means of undermining our legal system. The lawyers should be tried for treason for taking the cases. The next few years are going to be very telling. And no real action will be taken until millions have died.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
While they may be our supposed allies, I think the saudi's are our greatest enemy. Bush either doesn't see it or is playing some political game with them that could blow up in his face.

The saudis are playing a deception game while they build their mosques and promote their agendas. Once they have met their objectives they will turn on us like rabid dogs.

Paying for lawyers is just a means of undermining our legal system. The lawyers should be tried for treason for taking the cases. The next few years are going to be very telling. And no real action will be taken until millions have died.

The lawyers are acting legally, not treason. In actuality they are working pro-bono, the money is through process. The law firms the lawyers are working at though, have important Saudi clients. Very murky.

gabosaurus
01-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Saudi Arabia is more dangerous than Iran and Iraq combined.
Which is why the U.S. government supports them. We love screwing ourselves over.