PDA

View Full Version : You realize if McCain is the nominee

01-30-2008, 03:30 AM
we will see another 50 years of Democrat rule dont you? Even if he wins.

The second the illegal aliens are given amnesty, we will have handed millions of votes to the Democrats. And it will happen if a Democrat is elected or if McCain is elected.

He has already outlawed free speech. What is next? Religion? Sovereignty? Assembly? no more guns period?

We lose freedom when good men do nothing. It's amazing that in this age of information and technology people can still be so unaware of the obvious.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 03:33 AM
Don't give up hope just yet avatar. I think Romney still has an outstanding chance. But if mclame somehow wins the nom.... you will see a dem in the White House.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 03:42 AM
we will see another 50 years of Democrat rule dont you? Even if he wins.

The second the illegal aliens are given amnesty, we will have handed millions of votes to the Democrats. And it will happen if a Democrat is elected or if McCain is elected.

He has already outlawed free speech. What is next? Religion? Sovereignty? Assembly? no more guns period?

We lose freedom when good men do nothing. It's amazing that in this age of information and technology people can still be so unaware of the obvious.

The Dems really haven't had control for '50 years' anytime. No party has. Power corrupts, as we learned with the R's in control of 2 branches, it couldn't have been worse. As for the Presidency, their record of even 2 terms is not so good, of course FDR was the great exception, but so were the Depression and WWII.

Classact
01-30-2008, 04:41 AM
I got so mad yesterday evening seeing how many people voted for McCain I didn't stay up to see the results. I will root for Hillary if McCain is the nominee since then all bad can be blamed on the Democrats. Our nation is finished if we select McCain as what represents American conservative principals. Hold my nose my ass... I hope the old asshole's old heart has an attack!

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2008, 04:44 AM
The second the illegal aliens are given amnesty, we will have handed millions of votes to the Democrats.

if so, we brought it on ourselves for screaming "no amnesty" when everyone knew it was the only practical solution to the problem......

01-30-2008, 04:48 AM
if so, we brought it on ourselves for screaming "no amnesty" when everyone knew it was the only practical solution to the problem......

providing citizenship for illegals is not the only practical solution. The practical solution is they are given temporary residence till they can get their affairs in order, go home, and get in line with everyone else.

Classact
01-30-2008, 04:53 AM
if so, we brought it on ourselves for screaming "no amnesty" when everyone knew it was the only practical solution to the problem......If the US goes into a recession you will see illegals in a great exodous when Americans start to hurt for work as jobs dry up. If they try to stay some will get hurt.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 07:44 AM

So you should be happy, either way.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 07:46 AM
If the US goes into a recession you will see illegals in a great exodous when Americans start to hurt for work as jobs dry up. If they try to stay some will get hurt.

You think Mexico would be an improvement if the US goes into recession? If US is hurting, so will Mexico and a few others. Why do you think the world markets have been going gaga the last few weeks?

Classact
01-30-2008, 07:51 AM
You think Mexico would be an improvement if the US goes into recession? If US is hurting, so will Mexico and a few others. Why do you think the world markets have been going gaga the last few weeks?They will return to their nation because the American people will raise up against them... I'm talking an angry mob with pitchforks!

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2008, 08:07 AM
and get in line with everyone else.

get in line with the other 20 million trying to get in 65,000 at a time?.....are you going to pretend that is a solution?

Classact
01-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Most of the illegal Mexican immigrants work in service industry... food preparation and hotel workers... in a recession there will be massive layoffs and those illegals laid off will be competing with Americans on other available jobs... the result ANGER!

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2008, 08:09 AM
So you should be happy, either way.

of course not, I would have been much happier if the Republicans hadn't first squandered six years of controlling both the legislature and the presidency, and now decided to throw away all chances of regaining control......

glockmail
01-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Don't give up hope just yet avatar. I think Romney still has an outstanding chance. But if mclame somehow wins the nom.... you will see a dem in the White House.
This is exactly right. The GOP will have another Bob Dole moment, but worse this time, because Dole got conservatives support. Only Romney can defeat Hillary or Obama.

jimnyc
01-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Holy Guacamole! I won't be held responsible for putting into office either McCain or the twit known as Shrillary. I'm still voting for Thompson.

LiberalNation
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM
AKA throwing away your vote.

jimnyc
01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
AKA throwing away your vote.

No, voting for someone who I believe would be taking our country in the wrong direction would be throwing away my vote. Unlike many others, I won't vote for someone I don't like simply so another party doesn't get elected.

Dilloduck
01-30-2008, 09:30 AM
No, voting for someone who I believe would be taking our country in the wrong direction would be throwing away my vote. Unlike many others, I won't vote for someone I don't like simply so another party doesn't get elected.

Which is why we are going to see a democrat elected. Liberals will vote against anyone with an (r) behind their name and aren't as interested in uniting the country as they are punishing the republicans. I don't see anyone extolling the virtures of a democrat candidate other than they give good speeches.

retiredman
01-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Which is why we are going to see a democrat elected. Liberals will vote against anyone with an (r) behind their name and aren't as interested in uniting the country as they are punishing the republicans. I don't see anyone extolling the virtures of a democrat candidate other than they give good speeches.

and they stand on a good platform.

glockmail
01-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Holy Guacamole! I won't be held responsible for putting into office either McCain or the twit known as Shrillary. I'm still voting for Thompson.

Thinking about it, that's not such a bad idea. I'd rather write in a protest than vote for McCain. At least it will make a nice bumper sticker, and maybe have some impact on 2010 and 2012.

01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Thinking about it, that's not such a bad idea. I'd rather write in a protest than vote for McCain. At least it will make a nice bumper sticker, and maybe have some impact on 2010 and 2012.

I am not sure you guys get it. If we dont win now 2010 and 2012 wont be possible. Because Illegals will already have amnesty. Our borders will already be dissolved. More than likely the Fairness doctrine will already be back in play.

That's why this vote is so important. This is why we cant give up now.

-Cp
01-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I am not sure you guys get it. If we dont win now 2010 and 2012 wont be possible. Because Illegals will already have amnesty. Our borders will already be dissolved. More than likely the Fairness doctrine will already be back in play.

Maybe I don't get it either than, because I'm not at all convinced any of the candidates will get rid of our illegal alien problem...

JimmyAteWorld
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
The Dems really haven't had control for '50 years' anytime. No party has. Power corrupts, as we learned with the R's in control of 2 branches, it couldn't have been worse.

I beg to differ. There was a thing called the Carter administration, but I suppose it depends on perspective. :cool:

As for the Presidency, their record of even 2 terms is not so good, of course FDR was the great exception, but so were the Depression and WWII.

I'd add that FDR was also before term limits (and the cause of it) and incumbency has it's privileges. The thing about this year to me is the nations natural tendency to swing back the other way after awhile no matter how good or bad things are. Eight years of Ike, followed by eight years of Kennedy/Johnson, eight of Nixon/Ford, four of Carter, twleve of Reagan/Bush, eight of Clinton, eight of Bush, followed by.... We'll see.

JimmyAteWorld
01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
and they stand on a good platform.

No.

01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe I don't get it either than, because I'm not at all convinced any of the candidates will get rid of our illegal alien problem...

they arent going to get rid of the problem. They are purposely going to make it worse. provide amnesty for the current ones, giving Democrats majorities and then provide incentive for even more illegals to come.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I beg to differ. There was a thing called the Carter administration, but I suppose it depends on perspective. :cool:I agree there have been worse administrations, that wasn't my point. I thought for a long time that a partisan division between executive and legislative was paralyzing, I'm no longer sold on that. The best things that happened under Clinton happened when the GOP had Congressional control. Yes the second term for Bush brought change, but razor thin.

I'd add that FDR was also before term limits (and the cause of it) and incumbency has it's privileges. The thing about this year to me is the nations natural tendency to swing back the other way after awhile no matter how good or bad things are. Eight years of Ike, followed by eight years of Kennedy/Johnson, eight of Nixon/Ford, four of Carter, twleve of Reagan/Bush, eight of Clinton, eight of Bush, followed by.... We'll see.
Kennedy/Johnson could have been 12 years, but it was not to be. Nixon-Ford, (rather Nixon/some R), should have been 16 and would have, if Nixon had been the 'good' Nixon alone. Ditto Reagan/Bush, but Bush broke his promise. Bush should not have won, but Clinton fatigue was real, (just like Johnson). Bush II should be followed by a Democrat, but I never underestimate the Democrats to miss an open opportunity...

JimmyAteWorld
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM

I have a theory...

We let it leak that we are planning on making Mexico the 51st state and everyone living in Mexico at the time they are given statehood gets all kind of social benefits and free money. We wait for the majority of illegals to go home, and maybe take a few others with them, then we shut down the border, put up the wall, and say we changed our minds.

Well, it's as feasible as anything else I've heard.

glockmail
01-30-2008, 11:53 AM

I'm not giving up. I'm still supporting Romney in the primary but if McCain wins then it will be President Hillary.

Classact
01-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm not giving up. I'm still supporting Romney in the primary but if McCain wins then it will be President Hillary.I'm hearing there is a plan from the party to nominate McCain because he is old and will only serve one term leaving an opening for Jeb Bush in 2012. But McCain doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming the president. Think about it, everyone wants change in Washington and you have the Clinton's that represent the great times under the NASDAC bubble and Obama who spouts change... then, here is McCain, old, stubborn, supports war, will surely support an action against Iran if Iran doesn't fold...

We have Obama running on a platform of giving all illegal aliens drivers licenses so Hillary will have to up the odds to offer something even sweeter for illegals to get the Spanish vote.

President Bush likes McCain because he supports amnesty, he said so last week on Fox news in a round about way. CA has McCain ahead by 12% on name recognition alone and for sure the governator will come out and endorse the puke too.

Too many conservatives as reflected on this board will not vote for McCain unless he makes a statement saying he will deport each and every illegal and not fund amnesty cities and states so he has absolutely no chance in hell of being elected.

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Have you guys seen the crowd that is gathering to hear Obama? Looks like a sports event and people are lined up for blocks.

JimmyAteWorld
01-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm hearing there is a plan from the party to nominate McCain because he is old and will only serve one term leaving an opening for Jeb Bush in 2012. But McCain doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of becoming the president. Think about it, everyone wants change in Washington and you have the Clinton's that represent the great times under the NASDAC bubble and Obama who spouts change... then, here is McCain, old, stubborn, supports war, will surely support an action against Iran if Iran doesn't fold...

We have Obama running on a platform of giving all illegal aliens drivers licenses so Hillary will have to up the odds to offer something even sweeter for illegals to get the Spanish vote.

President Bush likes McCain because he supports amnesty, he said so last week on Fox news in a round about way. CA has McCain ahead by 12% on name recognition alone and for sure the governator will come out and endorse the puke too.

Too many conservatives as reflected on this board will not vote for McCain unless he makes a statement saying he will deport each and every illegal and not fund amnesty cities and states so he has absolutely no chance in hell of being elected.

I'm not so sure about the Jeb Bush thing. I honestly haven't seen much from him that says he's that interested, and while McCain is old he's not that much older than Reagan was when he was elected.

McCain will lose some Conservative votes, but he'll also keep some because of his Iraq policy and the fact that there are some that will vote for him to keep Hillary or Obama out of office. He also picks up a lot of Independents and maybe even a few independent minded Democrats who might not like what their party has to offer.

Frankly, I can deal with most of what McCain has to offer, his illegal immigration policy being the only thing that really makes me cringe. It's not like things would be any better with Clinton or Obama in that regard, so I'd just as soon have McCain as either of them. For the record, I'd much rather have Romney than any of them.

Classact
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm not so sure about the Jeb Bush thing. I honestly haven't seen much from him that says he's that interested, and while McCain is old he's not that much older than Reagan was when he was elected.

McCain will lose some Conservative votes, but he'll also keep some because of his Iraq policy and the fact that there are some that will vote for him to keep Hillary or Obama out of office. He also picks up a lot of Independents and maybe even a few independent minded Democrats who might not like what their party has to offer.

Frankly, I can deal with most of what McCain has to offer, his illegal immigration policy being the only thing that really makes me cringe. It's not like things would be any better with Clinton or Obama in that regard, so I'd just as soon have McCain as either of them. For the record, I'd much rather have Romney than any of them.I agree with a lot you say and I also would prefer Romney for the nomination. There are two key points that bother me and they are, illegal immigration and the makeup of congress, Senate and House... If the Republican can't get super support on an issue key to the majority of the population the House and Senate will be overwhelmingly Democratic majorities. And, with both houses with super majorities a Republican president cannot stop or start anything on his agenda. It would be like having Hillary as president the first two years of the election with such a situation leaving the congress free to override veto's and do exactly what they would with Hillary in the seat.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Can you say, "Civil War?"

01-30-2008, 01:05 PM

Yes. And i want with all my heart not to.

-Cp
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM

I sure can, and I hope that day comes very soon... it'll be the only way to get our country back from the stronghold of liberals...

The "war" should be over soon since libs don't believe in owning guns....

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes. And i want with all my heart not to.

I sure can, and I hope that day comes very soon... it'll be the only way to get our country back from the stronghold of liberals...

The "war" should be over soon since libs don't believe in owning guns....

If we see a liberal, (mccain), give 20 million illegal aliens amnesty, our economy will implode. We can't afford it. We can't afford them now. Put another 10 million of them on welfare and medicaid, our economy will implode. And if you think people don't like them now, wait until that happens. There will be violence, I guarantee it.

JimmyAteWorld
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with a lot you say and I also would prefer Romney for the nomination. There are two key points that bother me and they are, illegal immigration and the makeup of congress, Senate and House... If the Republican can't get super support on an issue key to the majority of the population the House and Senate will be overwhelmingly Democratic majorities. And, with both houses with super majorities a Republican president cannot stop or start anything on his agenda. It would be like having Hillary as president the first two years of the election with such a situation leaving the congress free to override veto's and do exactly what they would with Hillary in the seat.

That's a good point. It's a little like Romney's situation in Massachusetts right before he let office there. He vetoed 250 bills, but with a heavy majority of liberal Democrats in the state congress it didn't do much good. Of course, when things tanked, everyone points blame at him.

glockmail
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm hearing there is a plan from the party to nominate McCain because he is old and will only serve one term leaving an opening for Jeb Bush in 2012. .....

HOLY SHIT can you imagine the Liberals screaming over that!

Bush III

:wine::beer::cheers2:

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I thought it was Romney that was gonna make Jeb Bush his vp?