PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ready for BASEBALL?!!!

krisy
02-20-2007, 07:20 AM
This is my sport!! The Reds have just signed Bronson Arrayo(sp?) for 2-3 years and Arron Herrang for 4 years!! Woohoo,we needed pitching.

I love this sport,my teams are The Reds and the Boston Red Sox...gotta love em.

Spring is round the corner!!!

Merlin
02-20-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm not condemning baseball, but I don't understand how anyone can watch a bunch of grown men playing ball like a bunch of little kids. If thats your bag though, go for it. Not me though.

krisy
02-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm not condemning baseball, but I don't understand how anyone can watch a bunch of grown men playing ball like a bunch of little kids. If thats your bag though, go for it. Not me though.

lol! I guess it's no different than a bunch of grown men playing football,basketball,or hockey like a bunch of little kids:mm:

I don't know why I love it,I just do.

Nuc
02-20-2007, 09:05 AM

More fun to play than to watch and difficult to understand why anyone would get paid millions of bucks to do it.

jackass
02-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Baseball especially is a bunch of overpaid cry babies!

krisy
02-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Baseball especially is a bunch of overpaid cry babies!

Please! The guys in the NBA are no better,and look at the Bengals(from my home town I'm embarrassed to say). Bunch of criminals:laugh:

All sports have their issues.

There has got to be a baseball lover on the board!!!:smoke:

Mr. P
02-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I’m not a professional sports fan by any stretch. Player personality’s aside, baseball is one I can watch on occasion (tv not in person).

If you don’t know the game it’s boring as hell, sometimes it’s boring even if you do. It helps if you grew up playing the game. It helps more if you’ve ever held a wooden bat instead of these offensive aluminum bats. And the smell of a leather glove, the crack of a well hit ball, the slide into home!

Then the strategies, bunt, hit, steal, pitcher change etc.etc.

There is just something special about baseball that makes it Americas game.
I can’t put my finger on it though.

I’m going out to play ball now. :)

darin
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm a mariner's fan. (shrug). No excitement...ever... lol :)

jackass
02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I’m not a professional sports fan by any stretch. Player personality’s aside, baseball is one I can watch on occasion (tv not in person).

If you don’t know the game it’s boring as hell, sometimes it’s boring even if you do. It helps if you grew up playing the game. It helps more if you’ve ever held a wooden bat instead of these offensive aluminum bats. And the smell of a leather glove, the crack of a well hit ball, the slide into home!

Then the strategies, bunt, hit, steal, pitcher change etc.etc.

There is just something special about baseball that makes it Americas game.
I can’t put my finger on it though.

I’m going out to play ball now. :)

I actually played all through my younger years. Loved baseball! I would watch it as a child. Then they went on strike. Lost my love for the game since. I still like to play mysels...but I think it os on eof the LEAST physical games...and yet they get payed the most!

krisy
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I actually played all through my younger years. Loved baseball! I would watch it as a child. Then they went on strike. Lost my love for the game since. I still like to play mysels...but I think it os on eof the LEAST physical games...and yet they get payed the most!

The strike did something to my mom's love for the sport as well. I figure a good number of those players may not even be in the game anymore. Not really sure tho

krisy
02-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm a mariner's fan. (shrug). No excitement...ever... lol :)

Is that because Griffy is with Cincinnati now:laugh:

Just kidding. We paid out the rear end for him,but he has caught a lot of crap for his performances since he has been here. He does well off and on.

darin
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Is that because Griffy is with Cincinnati now:laugh:

Just kidding. We paid out the rear end for him,but he has caught a lot of crap for his performances since he has been here. He does well off and on.

Yeah - Seattle got the better of that Trade IMO. I'm still a Griffey Fan. He's still a Hall of Famer. I can't think of many players who DOMINATED like he did, for a decade. :)

Mike Cameron. GOOD player. Good guy.

:)

jackass
02-20-2007, 12:14 PM
The strike did something to my mom's love for the sport as well. I figure a good number of those players may not even be in the game anymore. Not really sure tho

Most of them probably not. Its just the thought that they play one of the least physical games...and yet they get payed the best.
I am a big hockey and football fan.

Hagbard Celine
02-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Go Braves!

jackass
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Please! The guys in the NBA are no better,and look at the Bengals(from my home town I'm embarrassed to say). Bunch of criminals:laugh:

All sports have their issues.

There has got to be a baseball lover on the board!!!:smoke:

I agree..but at least they are quite physical games.

krisy
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I agree..but at least they are quite physical games.

These games are faster moving,but I believe baseball players are just as athletic as any of em. My older brother is also a huge baseball fan and former pitcher(high school),he says there is so much to the pitching and hitting that people don't know. Stances and speeds,more than I understand really.

My nephew is pitching for his high school and playing summer ball. All his coaches think he has some potential,they especially like that he is a LEFT handed pitcher. Maybe he will buy his aunt krisy a new car when he's rich and famous!!!:2up:

I'm just barely starting to understand football. The Bengals(when they are not in jail) were gaining momentum the last couple of years. I would love to see them do well,but I think their coach needs to crack down on a team that does what they want.

darin
02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
The Bengals (when they are not in jail) were gaining momentum the last couple of years. I would love to see them do well,but I think their coach needs to crack down on a team that does what they want.

lol :)

http://www.bangcartoon.com/cartoons/index.cfm/fa/viewcartoon/cartoon/2006Archive|bengals.swf

krisy
02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
lol :)

http://www.bangcartoon.com/cartoons/index.cfm/fa/viewcartoon/cartoon/2006Archive|bengals.swf

Can't click on it d!!!!

Mr. P
02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Go Braves!

I was on board in 1991-92.. What's Avery doing these days, selling cars?
He was very good for his age.

gabosaurus
03-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Baseball is a sport for thinking people. That is why so many here prefer football and car racing.