PDA

View Full Version : *If McCain Gets It: Should Real Republicans Support Obama?*

chesswarsnow
01-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But if McCain gets the nod, what a quagmire all Real Republicans shall be in.
2. And so shall the rest of the Republican Party.
3. McCain is nothing but a Democrat in Republican cloths.
4. And I don't like him, at all.
5. If we are going to be saddled with a Democrat, I would rather have Obama far more than McCain.
6. And I would really hate to see Hillary in *The Presidency*.
7. Having Bill working behind the curtain like *The Wizard of Oz*.
8. So Obama is da man if McCain beats out Romney, pass the word.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2008, 08:10 AM
lol....what a solution, elect a liberal because you don't want to vote for a liberal?.......no wonder the Republican party is in chaos....

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 09:20 AM
lol....what a solution, elect a liberal because you don't want to vote for a liberal?.......no wonder the Republican party is in chaos....

I actually can see voting for Obama over McCain. Yes, McCain would be much better on the war, but think he would be dangerous for all the more left among us worry over GW. I can actually see him getting pissed off at someone and fighting over it. Unlike GW who thought he saw kindness in Putin's eyes, McCain claims that right from the start, all he saw was K.G.B. I'm not saying his gut wasn't right, but Reagan wasn't like that.

Why for Obama? Yeah, I'd worry about the war against us, but actually have some faith in Congress for the down and dirty. Notice for all the nonsense, they keep on with funding; refuse to define torture, while making lots of political points; Reid is currently driving the administration nuts over FISA, yet they are going to pass it after he has his political points during a two week extension. All is not as it appears in Oz, never has been.

Obama is charismatic and so far, impossible to pin down to any specifics. I think that's really him. It was not he who brought up the race card, but certainly he who has turned so many against the Clintons, people that used to 'adore' them. He doesn't claim to be a 'uniter, not a divider', but in fact seems to be making inroads. The country is too polarized, I think many could admire him, while seldom agreeing with him. It's been too long.

I would have been very happy with Thompson, if Romney has a shot I'll vote for him. McCain, no.

-Cp
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry about that:

1. If you vote for Obama, be prepared to give up your 2nd amendment rights:

Supports extending the assault weapons ban. Supports national law against carrying concealed weapons, with exceptions for retired police and military personnel. Supports limiting gun sales to one per month.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html

Kathianne
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry about that:

1. If you vote for Obama, be prepared to give up your 2nd amendment rights:

Supports extending the assault weapons ban. Supports national law against carrying concealed weapons, with exceptions for retired police and military personnel. Supports limiting gun sales to one per month.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html

Again, I have to hope for Congress or SCOTUS to protect some, but I will NOT vote for McCain. I thought I could, but can't. I'm more likely just to vote for the Libertarian, NOT Paul, but it comes down to the same thing.

PostmodernProphet
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
"I didn't get my way" as a third party spoiler....

01-30-2008, 11:43 AM
id have to investigate third parties. or write someone in

5stringJeff
01-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Real Republicans would vote for Ron Paul.

Dilloduck
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM

He needs to stick his neck out and run as a "Real Republican" candidate. I think he's bled the GOP ( that he hates so much) enough.

Kathianne
01-31-2008, 04:40 AM

I think that is unfair. Sorry.

chesswarsnow
01-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. To add some texture to why McCain isn't good for America.
2. McCain told a Texan, FU, over the immigration bullshit he was peddling recently.
3. Now that kind of talk is unwarranted in any civil discussion, unless your on a debate site, of sorts.
4. Which I have been on plenty.
5. Another thing he tried was to push this immigration bill on a *FAST VOTE*, before anyone had a chance to read it.
6. Thats underhanded.
7. He lied about what was in it, I call that lying.
8. And an abuse of power.
9. Americans want those people who snuck into our country, sent back, and fall in line.
10. McCain wants to open up the flood gates to citizenship for any person who can physically get here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Again, I have to hope for Congress or SCOTUS to protect some, but I will NOT vote for McCain. I thought I could, but can't. I'm more likely just to vote for the Libertarian, NOT Paul, but it comes down to the same thing.

Some are predicting a Dem House and Senate. In that case, there is no one to protect us from these disastrous policies. USSC is really too slow and unpredictable to depend upon in any meaningful way. Lord help us.

Pale Rider
01-31-2008, 11:56 AM

That's the first thing you've said in a long time that I completely agree with... :beer:

Black Lance
01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Who are the VP's in this scenario?

I would probably vote for Obama over McCain, and I'm a registered Republican. At least an Obama presidency would be likely to get us out of Iraq. The only advantage to McCain over a Democrat that I can see is that he might choose conservatives for the high court, and a few of the liberal justices are getting old.