PDA

View Full Version : Bitching About GODKNOWSWHAT was: Offensive Avatars?

Pages : 1 [2]

dan
03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
I have read every post here and I have come to the conclusion that Dan is a very clever young man, even if you don't agree with his sentiments, (Whatever they are):cool: He has played a cool hand:clap: Cool hand Luke.I give you rep.

Meh, I've come to the conclusion that I butted into a thread that had nothing to do with me in order to share an opinion that had not much to do with anything being discussed at all. But whateva, thanks good sir. I believe I shall change my title to Cool Hand Luke.

jackass
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Sorry, dude. I'm not advocating burning the flag at all, I think it's a terrible thing to do. My main point was that anyone, including Liberalnation, who burns a flag, is only trying to accomplish pissing people off. Therefore, if people were to ignore her/them, it would be a pointless, empty gesture. Instead, by giving her lots of attention, everyone's doing exactly what she wanted.

Well I agree with you there...but just seeing someone do that.....If I ever saw someone doing that then I have my rights too. My right would be to kick there ass all over!

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
No that's not a right, it's against the law and you would be charged with assault. Doesn't mean you can't do it, just that kicking someones ass that offends you is not a "protected" right.

jackass
03-11-2007, 06:46 PM
No that's not a right, it's against the law and you would be charged with assault. Doesn't mean you can't do it, just that kicking someones ass that offends you is not a "protected" right.

But in your words...I would do it for me! :)

Isnt that how you live??

Gunny
03-11-2007, 06:50 PM

It should be.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 06:53 PM
But in your words...I would do it for me! :)

Isnt that how you live??
The question is, is that how you live. If so you would do it and since it wouldn't be me I doubt I'd care or hear about it.

LiberalNation
03-11-2007, 06:57 PM
It should be.

Man you couldn't even pass the bill to make flag burning illegal with a repub congress. It wont ever be but of course you have the right to think it should be. A pipe dream or two don't noramlly hurt no body.

Gunny
03-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Man you couldn't even pass the bill to make flag burning illegal with a repub congress. It wont ever be but of course you have the right to think it should be. A pipe dream or two don't noramlly hurt no body.

I didn't try to pass a bill to make it illegal. And that Republican Congress BS is about as honest as your so-called Dem Congress. The numbers weren't there for Republicans to forcefeed anything just as they aren't there for you Dems. Just a pipedream.

Anyone that burns an American flag for any reason other than proper disposal should just be driven beyond the 12 mile limit and dumped. They don't deserve to live here.

manu1959
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM

there are lots of things that are not against the law that people know are wrong

Sitarro
03-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow, for a second I thought DebatePolicy had attracted Senator Robert Byrd to post but no, it's that little brat that thinks she's a lesbian even though she doesn't have enough life experience to know how to wash her hair correctly.

Who are you trying to offend today kid?

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 06:54 AM
lol a sentator. Then I'm doing pretty good.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 06:55 AM
there are lots of things that are not against the law that people know are wrong
That is realitive, you may think its wrong but that doesn't mean everyone or even most people would.

Nukeman
03-12-2007, 07:35 AM
That is realitive, you may think its wrong but that doesn't mean everyone or even most people would.

Actually your wrong here. Societal norms are established by society. What society deams norm is what is at that time. Just becaue a few think something is okay does not make it so. It is what society thinks is okay taht makes it norm

Heres an example for you. If you live in a predominately Islamic country your parents would be Honor Bound to kill you for being a lesbian, but since you live the US your parents arn't, because our societal norms say that is wrong.

So where would you rather live?? You could burn all the US flags you want in those countries and they could care less, Ohhhhh wait you would be dead for your alternative lifestyle that is mostly accepted here.:poke:

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Never claimed to rather live anywhere but the US. I see the freedom we have here and don't think there is a much better place in the world. That doesn't mean I'll bed to society. Like I said it is relative one society in the US like isn't like the other. Just compare KY to CL. Just because society may not accept one thing where you live doesn't mean the a different society still with in the US wouldn't. It's relative even with in the US.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Anarchy, those with the biggest/most guns win. :tank:

Yee haww

glockmail
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow, for a second I thought DebatePolicy had attracted Senator Robert Byrd to post but no, it's that little brat that thinks she's a lesbian even though she doesn't have enough life experience to know how to wash her hair correctly.

Who are you trying to offend today kid?
lol! Agreed.

glockmail
03-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Anarchy, those with the biggest/most guns win. :tank:

Yee haww

That would mean most libs would be dead.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
You underestimate the libs.

Also down with the government.

glockmail
03-12-2007, 08:28 PM

I have a nephew who rebeled against his ultra lib parents, became an anarchist too. He hit rock bottom a few years back with 17 body piercings, dunno how many tats. Gotta really hate yerself to mulilate your bod like that.

Maybe that can be your next rebellious act.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Not into piercing or pain, sorry. i do plan on eventually getting a tat but it’ll be on my leg not too visible.

Anarchy rules even tho it would fail miserably if ever put into practice. It goes against basic human nature to forms societies and have rules to govern them.

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 08:32 PM
What do ya think of this one. I use it on several boards but thought it fit so well here I'd use it for awile.

Gunny
03-12-2007, 08:42 PM

Arguing relativity as pertaining to right and wrong is bullshit. You use that word WAY too often as a crutch.

Gunny
03-12-2007, 08:44 PM

You overestimate most libs. The fact that you won't stand and fight for what is right and just is about as obvious as day to most folks.

If you won't stand and fight for that, you won't stand and fight at all. All anyone has to do is make y'all have to work a little at it and you'll quit.

lily
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Are you kidding me, Gunny? I think Liberal handled herself pretty darned good. I didn't see her wishing death on anyone, or insulting like some here.

shattered
03-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Are you kidding me, Gunny? I think Liberal handled herself pretty darned good. I didn't see her wishing death on anyone, or insulting like some here.

No, she just went on a "piss everyone off just cuz" childish rampage.. I don't think that deserves kudos from anyone..

Gunny
03-12-2007, 09:09 PM

I would expect nothing less from you but to agree with her. What's your point?

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I think her point was I handled myself well even better than most here in her opinion. Gosh you think you could have read the post. it was right there in black and white.

shattered
03-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I think her point was I handled myself well even better than most here in her opinion. Gosh you think you could have read the post. it was right there in black and white.

Good thing you threw in that "in her opinion" clarifier..

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Of course, who does good or bad in a debate/argument is most always relative.

glockmail
03-13-2007, 07:41 AM

Anarchy rules even tho it would fail miserably if ever put into practice. It goes against basic human nature to forms societies and have rules to govern them. That's why we have the Bible and morality, otherwise we'd be just a fagot of apes.

glockmail
03-13-2007, 07:42 AM
What do ya think of this one. I use it on several boards but thought it fit so well here I'd use it for awile. Not great, but better.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
No worries i got plenty more. Just looking for one that fits, might go back to the burning flag or cross. Fires nice lookin.

Sitarro
03-13-2007, 11:06 AM
No worries i got plenty more. Just looking for one that fits, might go back to the burning flag or cross. Fires nice lookin.

I found one that fits you perfectly.....

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
lol but nah it wouldn't work.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 05:11 PM
This is another I'm considering.

Dilloduck
03-13-2007, 05:14 PM
This is another I'm considering.

That would be absurd---you talk all the time !

glockmail
03-13-2007, 05:15 PM
This is another I'm considering. That's a good one. Except the tape over your mouth would make more sense in a liberal, communist country. :poke:

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
That would be absurd---you talk all the time !

lol

Gunny
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM

Really? I'd say you don't know what you're talking about ... and you don't know the history between Lily and myself on several boards, since LONG before you were around.

IMO, you DON'T handle yourself well. You're immature, and an instigator against common sense, and place an over-inflated value on your opinion.

And as long as you continue to support ideals that will bring about the destruction of our society and nation, I will continue to point them out to you.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM

Guess you missed the part where that is a bullshit copout?

LiberalNation
Really? I'd say you don't know what you're talking about ... and you don't know the history between Lily and myself on several boards, since LONG before you were around.

Maybe not but her point looked pretty clear from her post unless your another Ms. Cleo reading minds and between the lines.

Gunny

You have been proven wrong by factual evidence on more than a few occasions. Nothing relative about that at all.

Said1
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe not but her point looked pretty clear from her post unless your another Ms. Cleo reading minds and between the lines.

There's only one Ms. Cleo.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM

No I don't believe it's bullshit. You're only giving your opinion on something like a debate who you thought won or loss. It's relative based on the person who's judging you.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 08:08 PM

I don't need Ms Cleo for this one, brat.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 08:09 PM
No I don't believe it's bullshit. You're only giving your opinion on something like a debate who you thought won or loss. It's relative based on the person who's judging you.

Wrong. Let me repeat for your slow-ass mind ... you have been proven wrong, on more than one occasion, by actual fact/evidence. Fact/evidence is NOT relative, and trying to claim it is, is nothign more than deluding yourself into believing you haven't been thrashed on more than one occasion, to include this one.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
But ya see this here debate in this here thread contains little fact and a bunch of opinion. Even when it is fact, I refuted on several myself. Agin it's relative to the judge. One mans fact is another mans fiction.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
But ya see this here debate in this here thread contains little fact and a bunch of opinion. Even when it is fact, I refuted on several myself. Agin it's relative to the judge. One mans fact is another mans fiction.

Absolutely incorrect. Fact is supported by evidence and exists as is, as exactly what it is. It is not subject to perception and/or relativity.

Using relativity as a debating tool is lame, and using it as an excuse to refuse to admit when you are wrong even lamer.

There IS a right and wrong. Some just choose to try and make dishonest, relativist arguments in order to cater to their own, self-centered desires.

lily
03-13-2007, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Gunny;27300]Really? I'd say you don't know what you're talking about ... and you don't know the history between Lily and myself on several boards, since LONG before you were around.

QUOTE]

Yes we have do have a history gunny and you should know by now that I'm never at a loss for words and I don't beat around the bush. It was only 26 words. I don't know how I could have put it any simpler.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Gunny;27300]Really? I'd say you don't know what you're talking about ... and you don't know the history between Lily and myself on several boards, since LONG before you were around.

QUOTE]

Yes we have do have a history gunny and you should know by now that I'm never at a loss for words and I don't beat around the bush. It was only 26 words. I don't know how I could have put it any simpler.

Nor been any more wrong, as usual.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Well at least we got that settled. You did understand her point but just thought she was wrong. Why didn't you just say that. I was gettin worried for a minute.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Well at least we got that settled. You did understand her point but just thought she was wrong. Why didn't you just say that. I was gettin worried for a minute.

If you could read, I said as much to her the first time. It doesn't matter how wrong you are ... because you're a lib, she'll agree with you.

How hard was it for you to "cypher" THAT?

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 09:42 PM
You also said, what's your point. Implying you didn't understand what her point in that post was.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 09:45 PM
IMHO:

This thread is out of hand. I have wanted to reply a couple of times but did not want to scroll all the way up and back to make sure I did not "miss" something.

Or is this just an open ended bitch thread that has no beginning and no ending?

shattered
03-13-2007, 09:46 PM
IMHO:

This thread is out of hand. I have wanted to reply a couple of times but did not want to scroll all the way up and back to make sure I did not "miss" something.

Or is this just an open ended bitch thread that has no beginning and no ending?

If it wasn't before, it is now.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I believe so. But go a head and reply, wont hurt nothin no ways and you get to say what ya have to say.

LiberalNation

Nah it's been about the same since the begining.

Yurt

"Damn you, Damn you all to hell...."

Planet of the Apes

Gunny
03-13-2007, 09:48 PM
You also said, what's your point. Implying you didn't understand what her point in that post was.

You ARE a bright one, aren't you?:rolleyes:

The "implication" was what was the point of her posting at all, when it isn't like she wasn't going to pat you on the head. Meaning there is no credibility to Lily siding with anyone against me. She'd side with Satan against God if God said I was right. That's how she is, and that's the way it is.

So if you need some backup, find someone who's opinions are worthy of attention and respect and not just parroting the Left-Wingnut Handbook.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
My "bitch" tttttthhhhen:

What is the big deal with LN? She posts her views, most are wrong, but so what? Imagine this was a christian board, would you bitch her off simply because she question, even rather obtusely, your views? I don't think that is the point of this board.

Maybe I am wrong. This is about "debating." Simple.

Let us debate. Policy if you will.

:salute:

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey many a person repects Lily far as i know. Atleast on most of the boards I've been on with her.

&

Well why didn't you just come out and say that, so us who don't know your history could get it.

lily
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Still got that chip on your shoulder I see Gunny. Oh well, I'll stay out of your way.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 09:59 PM
My "bitch" tttttthhhhen:

What is the big deal with LN? She posts her views, most are wrong, but so what? Imagine this was a christian board, would you bitch her off simply because she question, even rather obtusely, your views? I don't think that is the point of this board.

Maybe I am wrong. This is about "debating." Simple.

Let us debate. Policy if you will.

:salute:

Note the forum you are in. It IS the point of this forum. Then you "could" look at the thread title.

Second, I have no problem with debating LN. However you choose to respond to others is your business. How I choose to respond is mine. I respond in kind. If the purpose of the post is to provoke, then I see no real reason why I should not accomodate in kind.

CockySOB
03-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Still got that chip on your shoulder I see Gunny. Oh well, I'll stay out of your way.

I hope you'll voice your opinions in the other threads too Lily. Your presence here raises the collective IQ of the liberals by... well, whatever your IQ is. Frankly, we disagree on a lot of things, but you're no simple parrot and you provide citation for your posts. I'm glad you're here!

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey many a person repects Lily far as i know. Atleast on most of the boards I've been on with her.

&

Well why didn't you just come out and say that, so us who don't know your history could get it.

Because it's between me and her and none of your business.

LiberalNation
03-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Then don't expect others to see the read between the lines shit and not call ya on it.

lily
03-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I hope you'll voice your opinions in the other threads too Lily. Your presence here raises the collective IQ of the liberals by... well, whatever your IQ is. Frankly, we disagree on a lot of things, but you're no simple parrot and you provide citation for your posts. I'm glad you're here!
I have been responding in the upstairs threads.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Then don't expect others to see the read between the lines shit and not call ya on it.

To use one of your favorite lines .... I'll do as I damned-well please and don't give a rat's ass who doesn't like it.

That clarify it for you, or do you insist on keeping this going?

CockySOB
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I have been responding in the upstairs threads.

I'll have to look for them then. Good to see ya!

Yurt
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Note the forum you are in. It IS the point of this forum. Then you "could" look at the thread title.

Second, I have no problem with debating LN. However you choose to respond to others is your business. How I choose to respond is mine. I respond in kind. If the purpose of the post is to provoke, then I see no real reason why I should not accomodate in kind.

Always?

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Always?

I pick and choose .... same as you.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM

FORUM:

Steel cage

As you know, in the beginning this FORUM had a different intent. To allow banned members to voice their opinions If this has been changed, ok, but I went to the forum head and did not see any such notice.

And, even the title of the thread WAS changed. Should be a whole new thread IMHO. If there is a BITCH thread or forum, then make it.

To make a BITCH about anything thread is silly. Let us keep up with the complaints, that is all I ask. As I said, this thread is way out of hand. For those of us not so fortunate to not be able to see every post, is it not reasonable that "bitch all" thread is in the end a thread that can meet that just end.

I have no problem if this is simply a "BITCH" thread. But it needs to be more clear, and don't give me the title, it has already been changed and I don't think the beginning serves the end.

IMHO, I would like to see more threads about particular "bitching" than one long hard to respond to thread.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
FORUM:

Steel cage

As you know, in the beginning this FORUM had a different intent. To allow banned members to voice their opinions If this has been changed, ok, but I went to the forum head and did not see any such notice.

And, even the title of the thread WAS changed. Should be a whole new thread IMHO. If there is a BITCH thread or forum, then make it.

To make a BITCH about anything thread is silly. Let us keep up with the complaints, that is all I ask. As I said, this thread is way out of hand. For those of us not so fortunate to not be able to see every post, is it not reasonable that "bitch all" thread is in the end a thread that can meet that just end.

I have no problem if this is simply a "BITCH" thread. But it needs to be more clear, and don't give me the title, it has already been changed and I don't think the beginning serves the end.

IMHO, I would like to see more threads about particular "bitching" than one long hard to respond to thread.

I do not make nor change board policy. I repsonded to a post in this thread and it's gone from there. I do not choose to cut off in the middle of an argument because someone feels it's too long.

And I'm kinda surprised since you and I have been members of the same boards as long as we have that you even think I'm going to back down to anyone for anything.

shattered
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
FORUM:

Steel cage

Actually, the forum is for threads that turn into a pissing match - which this one has. Repeatedly. So, everything's right on par - feel free to join right in. :D

shattered
03-13-2007, 10:23 PM
He'll back down and run away if you threaten to kiss him.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I pick and choose .... same as you.

No, not necessarily.

You said:

I do not believe an "in kind" answer or response is always necessary. Your picking and choosing is not the same as mine. Though we seem to agree on many things, the "pick and choose" is not the same.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Actually, the forum is for threads that turn into a pissing match - which this one has. Repeatedly. So, everything's right on par - feel free to join right in. :D

Thank you for making my point.

Yurt
03-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I do not make nor change board policy. I repsonded to a post in this thread and it's gone from there. I do not choose to cut off in the middle of an argument because someone feels it's too long.

And I'm kinda surprised since you and I have been members of the same boards as long as we have that you even think I'm going to back down to anyone for anything.

Never said that. Just said, proper forum, proper thread. I have NEVER thought you would back down.

I am surprised you would read into my posts that way. Never asked you to back down. Ever.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
No, not necessarily.

You said:

I do not believe an "in kind" answer or response is always necessary. Your picking and choosing is not the same as mine. Though we seem to agree on many things, the "pick and choose" is not the same.

That does not say that I feel obligated to reply "in kind" either. Just that I feel under no obligation to be overly-respectful to a moron.

Gunny
03-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Never said that. Just said, proper forum, proper thread. I have NEVER thought you would back down.

I am surprised you would read into my posts that way. Never asked you to back down. Ever.

From what I have seen, the proper forum and thread is wherever you happen to find what you're looking for. No one strictly adheres to that.

I'm not reading into anything. You are questioning my responses in general. Not backing down applies to the way I respond. Part of the subject, but doesn't necessarily mean you brought it up.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
I believe the whole point of the steel cage is to have a forum where the regular rules do not apply so people can let off steam. Given those loose parameters, I'm not seeing a reason to close this thread at this point. It will die a natural death when its time has come, or when someone starts another, more provocative thread, and all eyes turn there.