PDA

View Full Version : Dick Morris: Senator McCain May Win; Romney Can't

nevadamedic
01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Some may agree with Sen. John McCain’s positions on his myriad causes and enthusiasms. Others may embrace Mitt Romney’s record as governor and his experience in business. But one fact remains pre-eminent — McCain has a much better chance of winning the Presidential election than does former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

If you feel confident, for some unknown reason, in a Republican victory, it is possible that either candidate could win. If you feel the nation is aching for a Democrat, as I do, then the importance of choosing the strongest candidate fades a bit.

But any rational observer has to conclude that John McCain has a better shot of winning than Mitt Romney does.

And, if a failure to win means the election of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, the stakes are too high to ignore the issue of political practicality in making a choice.

Perhaps because he is better known, the Arizona senator ties Hillary in polling match-ups while Romney trails by up to 12 points.

Can Romney? Inexplicably, the McCain campaign has not spoken of the layoffs that must have accompanied Romney’s efforts to “turn around” failing companies. Hedge funds are notorious for cutting jobs and the Clintons will make Mitt eat every single one. McCain has no such vulnerability and, hopefully, will make Romney’s layoffs an issue before Super Tuesday.

So McCain can win and Romney won’t. That’s the long and the short of it.

Full Story.................
http://www.newsmax.com/morris/McCain_can_win/2008/01/30/68577.html

I completley forgot about the lay off's Mitt would do to try to help the economy where Senator McCain's plans dont involve lay offs.

01-30-2008, 02:00 PM
why should i care what Morris thinks? He was a clintonista

Abbey Marie
01-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Morris has tons of campaign expertise. And he is no longer any friend of the Clintons. Far from it. I think he is quite worth listening to, though I don't always like his message.

hjmick
01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
why should i care what Morris thinks? He was a clintonista

The Clintons pretty much threw the toe sucker under the bus. There's no love lost between the two parties and very few people know the real Clintons like Morris.

5stringJeff
01-30-2008, 08:37 PM
John Kerry was "electable" in 2004. Remember how that turned out for him?

Hugh Lincoln
01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Dick Morris sounds like a homosexual Jew. He's often right, but that is what he sounds like.