PDA

View Full Version : Who is more of a threat to GOP?

gabosaurus
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Clinton or Obama?

It is no secret that Dem movers and shakes desperately want a Romney nomination. They believe Mitt will provide a better target and be much easier to defeat in the general election.

Which Dem candidate is more feared by GOP voters (especially diehard conservatives)?

01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Obama. Clinton has nothing but baggage to attack her on.

Mr. P
01-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Clinton or Obama?

It is no secret that Dem movers and shakes desperately want a Romney nomination. They believe Mitt will provide a better target and be much easier to defeat in the general election.

Which Dem candidate is more feared by GOP voters (especially diehard conservatives)?

The Country should fear the BEAST, but I think Oboma can beat her.

If he does I think he has a very good chance of being the next POTUS.

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Clinton or Obama?

I think Obama would be harder to beat. If hillary thinks she's had it rough now, wait until the GOP campaign machine gears up attacking her... my God... they'll make hamburger out of her.

But I still believe Romney is the only one that can beat either her or Obama.

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM
The Country should fear the BEAST, but I think Oboma can beat her.

If he does I think he has a very good chance of being the next POTUS.

the BEAST from Revelations is a male......btw....not female..... :laugh2:

Trigg
01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Clinton or Obama?

Everyone realizes that McCain is really a dem, what will the arguments be if he is the republican candidate??

I think Obama would be harder to beat. He has the pull of the young and uninformed and he hasn't been in office long enough to have skeletens.

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
i think Hillary will be harder to beat than Obama.

Mainly because she is an insider, and will have the money flowing in as an insider.

and secondly, i am not certain that a black man running next to a white man running(mccain or romney let's say) can win, that the White folks may subconsciously choose the white man, regardless of party.

There is still alot of prejudices going on out there that people really don't talk about....or say one thing about, but do another....type thing.

jd

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
i think Hillary will be harder to beat than Obama.

Mainly because she is an insider, and will have the money flowing in as an insider.

and secondly, i am not certain that a black man running next to a white man running(mccain or romney let's say) can win, that the White folks may subconsciously choose the white man, regardless of party.

There is still alot of prejudices going on out there that people really don't talk about....or say one thing about, but do another....type thing.

jd

You're not certain JD because you only think as others do that are of the same mind as you. As with me as well. So if you say some people won't see color when they vote, I'm sure that's true to an extent, but when I say some will, that's every bit as true, to the same extent.

I think there's far more black people on the east coast than there is out west here. I think obama has gotten the biggest bump he's going to get, and we're going to see his numbers go down from here. So I think hillary has all but got the dem nomination in the bag at this point.

Mr. P
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
the BEAST from Revelations is a male......btw....not female..... :laugh2:

So? Since when has the bible been part of politics? :poke:

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
So? Since when has the bible been part of politics? :poke:wasn't sure about your BEAST comment....thought you specifically used the word BEAST to refference the antichrist....

and oooops, if that is NOT what you meant by BEAST.......:laugh2:

and also, good afternoon Mr. P

jd

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM
You're not certain JD because you only think as others do that are of the same mind as you. As with me as well. So if you say some people won't see color when they vote, I'm sure that's true to an extent, but when I say some will, that's every bit as true, to the same extent.

I think there's far more black people on the east coast than there is out west here. I think obama has gotten the biggest bump he's going to get, and we're going to see his numbers go down from here. So I think hillary has all but got the dem nomination in the bag at this point.my state has less than 1% African American....

Even Massachusetts has less than 3% of their population as black, New Hampshire and Rhode island and vermont all have around 1% black population.....even connecticut has less than 4%....and Mexicans don't even hit any kind of percentage, up here! :)

When you say the "east" have more of a black population than the west, id do agree....but up to New york city or so.....north of that it is primarily ALL WHITE in New England states....the SOUTH is where there is a stronger hold of African American votes.

jd

Pale Rider
01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
my state has less than 1% African American....

Even Massachusetts has less than 3% of their population as black, New Hampshire and Rhode island and vermont all have around 1% black population.....even connecticut has less than 4%....and Mexicans don't even hit any kind of percentage, up here! :)

When you say the "east" have more of a black population than the west, id do agree....but up to New york city or so.....north of that it is primarily ALL WHITE in New England states....the SOUTH is where there is a stronger hold of African American votes.

jd

OK JD... specifically, "south east." I've driven through Atlanta, and what I saw was an "occasional" white person.

actsnoblemartin
01-30-2008, 04:20 PM
obama is tougher to beat, he is likable, and not a schmuck like clinton.

hjmick
01-30-2008, 04:24 PM
The biggest threat to the Grand Old Party is the party itself.

Mr. P
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
my state has less than 1% African American....

jd

You haven't been to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Philadelphia or anywhere in between lately, have ya? Yeah, New England tends to be white...with all that snow and all.:poke:

82Marine89
01-30-2008, 08:07 PM
John McCain is by far the biggest threat to the GOP. If he gets the parties nod it will be years, maybe decades, before they will have a chance of regaining the majority in either of the houses or the presidency. Many of their members, to include myself, have registered as either Independents or Libertarians. I chose the latter. I also want to say that I didn't leave the Republican party. They left me. They have attempted to cast a net of inclusiveness so wide, they have strayed from their core values. They have taken us for granted and we have finally had enough. John McCain, like Presidente Jorge Bush, has destroyed the party. He wants amnesty for millions of law breakers. He doesn't think I should be allowed to have a voice in the political process. He led the 'gang of 14' that wouldn't vote to end filibusters in the judicial nomination process.

Again, he is by far the worst thing that could happen to the GOP. The worst.

BTW, I will accept his offer for $50.00 an hour to pick lettuce for an entire summer. Tell the bastard to put his money, or should I say his wifes money, where his mouth is.

Dilloduck
01-30-2008, 10:00 PM
John McCain is by far the biggest threat to the GOP. If he gets the parties nod it will be years, maybe decades, before they will have a chance of regaining the majority in either of the houses or the presidency. Many of their members, to include myself, have registered as either Independents or Libertarians. I chose the latter. I also want to say that I didn't leave the Republican party. They left me. They have attempted to cast a net of inclusiveness so wide, they have strayed from their core values. They have taken us for granted and we have finally had enough. John McCain, like Presidente Jorge Bush, has destroyed the party. He wants amnesty for millions of law breakers. He doesn't think I should be allowed to have a voice in the political process. He led the 'gang of 14' that wouldn't vote to end filibusters in the judicial nomination process.

Again, he is by far the worst thing that could happen to the GOP. The worst.

BTW, I will accept his offer for $50.00 an hour to pick lettuce for an entire summer. Tell the bastard to put his money, or should I say his wifes money, where his mouth is.

Ahhhhhh so that's where that bastards' getting it from !

JohnDoe
01-30-2008, 10:13 PM
You haven't been to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Philadelphia or anywhere in between lately, have ya? Yeah, New England tends to be white...with all that snow and all.:poke:
well, i have flown through Chicago and Detroit's airports if that counts!:laugh2: and hung out in Philly, mostly The Spectrum for concerts, in my youth...does that count? I don't think i have ever been to cleveland but heard they have the best of two worlds when it comes to weather :D

yes, not denying that city populations have greater amounts of the african American vote on the east coast, just letting people know that it is white as snow up in new england... honestly though, it surprised the hell out of me, moving up here from Florida and living in the South a good deal of my life, to go nearly a year before see my first black person outside of Boston, and up here in downeast Maine the only black people that i have seen are Jamaican green card holders to work the hotel business in the summer cuz of the huge influx of resort/vacation people that come up here in the summah, without enough workers to work the hotels, and i am not just talking house keeping, they run the front desks too! All brought here LEGALLY on work visas for the summer.

This has been culture shock for matt and i, not used to, not having a melting pot of people....around. Though in Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor nearby we do get alot of foreign vacationers from the EU, and alot of Canadian vacationers and day shoppers here at our mall....with the dollar being so good for THEM.

jd