PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one to notice this?

actsnoblemartin
01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Young people these days, those under 30...

Dont want to connect with anyone anymore, they just wanna use people for sex or drugs or money or looks

Its like their zombies, who need drugs to get up or down.

Its quite sad, why is this happening, why is there no connection anymore except superficial and meaningless?

MtnBiker
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I do not have that impression at all. I know and deal with many people 30 and younger. Most are hard working, engaging and good people.

Yurt
01-30-2008, 11:49 PM
try new friends :dunno:

actsnoblemartin
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
I know their a lot of good people, but I have seen alot of bad people too, what percentage, would u say are good?

I do not have that impression at all. I know and deal with many people 30 and younger. Most are hard working, engaging and good people.

Mr. P
01-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Young people these days, those under 30...

Dont want to connect with anyone anymore, they just wanna use people for sex or drugs or money or looks

Its like their zombies, who need drugs to get up or down.

Its quite sad, why is this happening, why is there no connection anymore except superficial and meaningless?

Video games...cable TV, DVDs? Hummmm no personal contact but entertainment and satisfaction.

MtnBiker
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
I know their a lot of good people, but I have seen alot of bad people too, what percentage, would u say are good?

I couldn't put a percentage on it, I haven't studied it or reflexed on it that much. I just don't see enough younger people in the same manner as you do to even formulate that hypothesis.

AFbombloader
01-31-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't see it quite like you either. Then again, all of the people I know who fall into tht category are in the Air Force and have to live up to a different standard. But I can see how you would come to this conclusion.

AF:salute:

Kathianne
01-31-2008, 04:07 AM

I have to agree. I'm shocked how many of my former students make a point to come by during their breaks to say 'Hi!' 'Thank You!' or just 'I think of you' even when in college. Talking to them about school I find all, not one exception are involved in service activities and have chosen fields where they think they can help themselves and others in the future.

My own kids and their friends are the same way. Since jr. high they've been involved in different service activities, some more than others, but all to some degree. My youngest son started out in jr. high playing cello in an Alzheimer''s facility close to his school. He continued to volunteer there in high school, being trained at a forest preserve animal rescue in animal handling and bringing different animals to the patients to stimulate their speaking and connections. Now in his last year at university, he chose an apartment rather than the responsibility of being a resident assistant again. He wanted more time to study, rather than counseling drunks-lol! He found an Alzheimer Home about 1/2 hour away and goes there twice a week. It's not required. When I asked, why? He said, 'I've missed doing this.'

My daughter has always gone to senior homes and children's homes with friends to sing and bring the gift of music. They often make small holiday themed crafts for the residents to use to decorate their rooms and communal living areas. This Christmas they were able to put on a Christmas program just for those from the places they visit year round, at the University. The students got the university to provide the buses and the students started baking treats for after the 'concert.' When the professor found out all the work they were doing, he got the University to put together an after concert Holiday music dinner/sing-a-long, with the band coming together to add more to the evening.

This goes on and on, not the exception.

PostmodernProphet
01-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Dont want to connect with anyone anymore

there certainly is a difference in the way people connect.....there is no humor if there isn't an element of truth.....and the joke about the college roommates text messaging each other while sitting in the same room is hilarious........

gabosaurus
01-31-2008, 07:35 PM
You don't know the right people under 30.
I am 23 and I don't know anyone like that. And I know a lot of people.