PDA

View Full Version : Blue Eyes means inbred?

-Cp
01-31-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327070,00.html

Kathianne
01-31-2008, 01:09 PM

I thought we were all descendants of Adam & Eve? Blue eyes are a freak genetic mutation. I'm a freak!

manu1959
01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
we are all related and one point there were the original 2 humans which we all evolved from......unless of course the were multiple spontaneous creations of man.....all of similar gentic code....

Monkeybone
01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
i don't wanna be a freak or inbred....:'(

Abbey Marie
01-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I thought we were all descendants of Adam & Eve? Blue eyes are a freak genetic mutation. I'm a freak!

It's that OCA gene. Who knew? :laugh2:

Kathianne
01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
It's that OCA gene. Who knew? :laugh2:

Oh! :laugh2:

Mr. P
01-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Does this mean I'm an immigrant?

Joan
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, excuse the hell out of me- I have blue eyes, and I understand that all babies born have blue eyes for a while. My dad had beautiful blue eyes all his life. And we were far from INBRED!!

Hagbard Celine
01-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Blue eyes means inbred?

Screw you guys

Abbey Marie
01-31-2008, 01:47 PM
My husband and daughter both have blue eyes. Crikey.

Mr. P
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Screw you guys

Somehow I think that's what happened to start with.

JohnDoe
01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
brown eyes is dominant, period....even now.... if a fully brown eyed woman and a blue eyed man had a child, the child would have brown eyes....with the blue gene held silent.

i say "fully" brown eyed, meaning someone with brown eyes that has no history of relatives with blue eyes....

but any of us brown eyed people could have a silent blue eyed gene, and when mating with a blue eyed fella or gal, we still have the possibility of having a blue eyed child, a lesser chance because brown is dominent and it only happens if the blue gene from the mom that is hidden mates up with the blue gene of the dad's, which is what happened in Abbey's case....

She has blue eyed relatives somewhere in her own heritage, even if no one evidently has them in her immediate family.

geez, sorry i went in to all that and it sounds confusing...

but basically it means that a brown eyed gene mated with a blue eyed gene makes the child have brown eyes. But if a blue eyed gene mates up with another blue eyed gene, then the child would have blue eyes.... this is more rare.

inbreading... :D

jd

Mr. P
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
brown eyes is dominant, period....even now.... if a fully brown eyed woman and a blue eyed man had a child, the child would have brown eyes....with the blue gene held silent.

i say "fully" brown eyed, meaning someone with brown eyes that has no history of relatives with blue eyes....

but any of us brown eyed people could have a silent blue eyed gene, and when mating with a blue eyed fella or gal, we still have the possibility of having a blue eyed child, a lesser chance because brown is dominent and it only happens if the blue gene from the mom that is hidden mates up with the blue gene of the dad's, which is what happened in Abbey's case....

She has blue eyed relatives somewhere in her own heritage, even if no one evidently has them in her immediate family.

but basically it means that a brown eyed gene mated with a blue eyed gene makes the child have brown eyes. But if a blue eyed gene mates up with another blue eyed gene, then the child would have blue eyes.... this is more rare.

jd

Geeezzzzzz next yer gonno go into the high school fruit fly biology stuff! :poke:

Monkeybone
01-31-2008, 03:43 PM

wrong JD. sorry. I blow your fact right out of the water. Mom has dark brown eyes, dad has blue. mine are blue.

LiberalNation
01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah the brown eyed parent could have a recessive blue eye trait. So really even if both parents have brown eyes, if they both carry the non-dominent trait the kid could have blue eyes. Same with one parent having brown eyes and the other blue.

manu1959
01-31-2008, 03:46 PM

jd

my wife's eyes are brown mine blue.....care to guess what color my two kids eyes are.....and hair

Monkeybone
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
my wife's eyes are brown mine blue.....care to guess what color my two kids eyes are.....and hair

but i don't know what your mailman looks like

manu1959
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM
but i don't know what your mailman looks like

my mail man has mellons and a muff..........

manu1959
01-31-2008, 04:10 PM
wrong JD. sorry. I blow your fact right out of the water. Mom has dark brown eyes, dad has blue. mine are blue.

and the pool boy?

Monkeybone
01-31-2008, 04:13 PM
and the pool boy?

we didn't have a pool....but that septic tank guy gives me a feeling of deja vu though....

manu1959
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
we didn't have a pool....but that septic tank guy gives me a feeling of deja vu though....

that must have been a shitty feeling.........

no pool huh.....i always wondered what he was doing there all the time....

remie
01-31-2008, 04:28 PM
My husband and daughter both have blue eyes. Crikey.

We got names for people like that in Kentucky.

manu1959
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
We got names for people like that in Kentucky.

que theme from deliverance............

Mr. P
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
que theme from deliverance............

Hey that was not in Kentucky, it was North Ga. where men are MEN and the livestock are all nervous! And James Dicky graduated from the same HS as I did. Never met him, he graduated in 1939. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Blue eyed people are "inbred" in the same sense that, say, all Native Americans or all black-haired people are "inbred."

gabosaurus
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
What a bunch of idiots. It's called "genetics." DOH...

diuretic
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Nah, we're mutants. Given that our most distant ancestors were probably dark skinned and brown-eyed that must mean that whites with blue eyes are mutants.

Oh well :cheers2:

82Marine89
01-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Nah, we're mutants. Given that our most distant ancestors were probably dark skinned and brown-eyed that must mean that whites with blue eyes are mutants.

Oh well :cheers2:

Hey you Aussie bastard. How have you been?

Yurt
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
blue eyed blond here... but inbred? sheesh, i have no bread

diuretic
01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey you Aussie bastard. How have you been?

:cheers2:

Good thanks - been travelling and AFK in a big way :D

Nice to be back :coffee:

JohnDoe
01-31-2008, 09:09 PM
my wife's eyes are brown mine blue.....care to guess what color my two kids eyes are.....and hairJust because your wife's eyes are brown, does not mean that the blue gene is not present in her makeup, just that brown is the color that dominated...IF she does have a blue gene present but not obvious then there would be a one time out of every 2 odds that your children (with your eyes blue) could be blue eyed even though she has brown eyes showing.

If she had no presence of the blue eyed gene, even masked, then your children would have ZERO CHANCE of having blue eyes, her brown color would dominate over your blue.

jd

Psychoblues
02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
So the fear is correct. The blue eyed children are evil. As the father of 2 blueyed kids and one brown eyed one I think your analogy mistaken.

Just because your wife's eyes are brown, does not mean that the blue gene is not present in her makeup, just that brown is the color that dominated...IF she does have a blue gene present but not obvious then there would be a one time out of every 2 odds that your children (with your eyes blue) could be blue eyed even though she has brown eyes showing.

If she had no presence of the blue eyed gene, even masked, then your children would have ZERO CHANCE of having blue eyes, her brown color would dominate over your blue.

jd

Try again.

Trinity
02-18-2008, 10:20 AM

well apparently so am I :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Don't you people realize that blonde hair and blue eyes are indicative of God's chosen people? We are the master race!!

JohnDoe
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
So the fear is correct. The blue eyed children are evil. As the father of 2 blueyed kids and one brown eyed one I think your analogy mistaken.

Try again.

no, i am not wrong....you did beat the odds and had 2 blue eyed and one brown eyed, but i am not wrong in theory or in reality or in science regarding this...if you had a fourth child with her, it could have been the 2nd brown eyed child...

mom= 1 blue eyed trait, 1 brown eyed trait, so eyes show as brown.
Dad=2 blue eyed trait, so eyes are blue

ok let's say
B=BLUE eyes
N=BROWN eyes

it takes 2 genes so

BB would be a blue eyed child
NN would be a brown eyed child,
BN would be a brown eyed child that had the blue gene hidden or masked by the dominant Brown color...

your eyes are blue so your eye color genes look like this= BB
wife's Brown eye color, with blue masked genes look like this= BN

B|B
B|N

the possible combination of 1 of your eye color genes and one of your wife's eye color genes mating, forming your children are:

BB=BLUE EYES
BB=BLUE EYES
BN=BROWN EYES(with blue gene masked by the dominant brown)
BN=BROWN EYES(with blue gene masked by the dominant brown)

i tried to simplify it...but doesn't look so simple probably to someone who had not studied it....

bottom line though psycho, is that i am not wrong on this one...! :laugh2:

jd

Trigg
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I read somewhere that a child can only have green eyes if one parent has them and that green is the rarest eye color, also that red is the rarest hair color.

I have 2 green eyed children and 2 blue eyed.

Husbands family has lots of red heads and he's red also. Our daughter has red highlights and so does one of our sons.

gabosaurus
02-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Don't it make my brown eyes blue...

Abbey Marie
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Behind Blue Eyes

Psychoblues
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
Sing it, Chrystal!!!!!!!!!

Don't it make my brown eyes blue...

You just had to do it, didn't you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

actsnoblemartin
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
who wrote that song?

Sing it, Chrystal!!!!!!!!!

You just had to do it, didn't you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues
02-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Chrystal Gayle, the sister of Loretta Lynn, sang it. Maybe Willie Nelson srote it? I dunno. It's a great jamm that needs a better band to play it.

who wrote that song?

gabosaurus
02-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Behind Blue Eyes was a much better song.

Abbey Marie
02-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Behind Blue Eyes was a much better song.

Have to agree with that, Gabby. Especially LIVE.

Psychoblues
02-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Silly, isn't it?