PDA

View Full Version : Sending a message(Brattleboro Vt. on aressting President Bush)..

stephanie
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Weeeeellll! I guess they told us...humph...:laugh2:

Reformer.com

Thursday, January 31
It may be a purely symbolic gesture, but the upcoming Town Meeting vote on whether Brattleboro should indict President Bush and Vice President Cheney certainly raised the ire of conservatives all over the country.
The Municipal Center was swamped this week with nasty phone calls and e-mails, many containing language unprintable in this newspaper.

The level of rage from those who still believe that President Bush can do no wrong is astounding to behold. But while we're surprised there are still that many people in America who support Bush, we understand their rage.

Put yourself in the shoes of a diehard Bush supporter. You believed President Bush would avenge the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, but Osama bin Laden has never been captured and Afghanistan remains a safe haven for al-Qaida.

You believed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq posed a grave threat to America, but the WMDs turned out to have never existed and all the rationales for war turned out to be lies (see www. publicintegrity.org/WarCard for a fully searchable database of hundreds of false statements issued by the Bush administration in the two years after

9/11).
You believed him when President Bush stood on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, below a banner that read "Mission Accomplished," and proclaimed that major combat operations in Iraq were over. Now, nearly 4,000 Americans and about 1 million Iraqis have died in a conflict that was only supposed to last a few weeks and now is about to enter its sixth year.

You believed that President Bush would create a leaner, more efficient government, yet the size of the federal government has expanded and the federal budget surplus he inherited in 2001 is now a $9 trillion deficit.

You believed America would remain the unquestioned No. 1 superpower in the world. Now we're the No. 1 debtor nation, the dollar is weaker than it has been in decades and our influence on world affairs shrinks by the day.

In the face of all this, some little pipsqueak town in Vermont dares to call your president a war criminal and calls for his indictment and arrest.

We feel your pain. The man you believed was destined for greatness is now headed for the dustbin of history. Future historians will rate George W. Bush as the worst president ever. And the last remnants of the conservative majority you thought would last for decades will likely be swept away in November's election.

read the rest and lots of comments..
http://www.reformer.com/editorials/ci_8126021

glockmail
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Maybe I'll drive through on my way to Stowe in March with my Bush/Cheny 2004 yard sign across the grill of my big honkin' SUV, just to see what's up. :coffee:

PostmodernProphet
01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
/e wonders if it's worth the trip just to paint grafitti on their road signs......

stephanie
01-31-2008, 10:56 PM
I take it their town doesn't rely on tourism for any of their monies...:coffee:

gabosaurus
01-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Reformer.com :laugh2:

glockmail
02-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I take it their town doesn't rely on tourism for any of their monies...:coffee: Or maybe they do...

Joe Steel
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
I take it their town doesn't rely on tourism for any of their monies...:coffee:

Maybe they prefer a higher class of tourist.

bullypulpit
02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Weeeeellll! I guess they told us...humph...:laugh2:

Reformer.com

Thursday, January 31
It may be a purely symbolic gesture, but the upcoming Town Meeting vote on whether Brattleboro should indict President Bush and Vice President Cheney certainly raised the ire of conservatives all over the country.
The Municipal Center was swamped this week with nasty phone calls and e-mails, many containing language unprintable in this newspaper.

The level of rage from those who still believe that President Bush can do no wrong is astounding to behold. But while we're surprised there are still that many people in America who support Bush, we understand their rage.

Put yourself in the shoes of a diehard Bush supporter. You believed President Bush would avenge the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, but Osama bin Laden has never been captured and Afghanistan remains a safe haven for al-Qaida.

You believed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and that Iraq posed a grave threat to America, but the WMDs turned out to have never existed and all the rationales for war turned out to be lies (see www. publicintegrity.org/WarCard for a fully searchable database of hundreds of false statements issued by the Bush administration in the two years after

9/11).
You believed him when President Bush stood on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003, below a banner that read "Mission Accomplished," and proclaimed that major combat operations in Iraq were over. Now, nearly 4,000 Americans and about 1 million Iraqis have died in a conflict that was only supposed to last a few weeks and now is about to enter its sixth year.

You believed that President Bush would create a leaner, more efficient government, yet the size of the federal government has expanded and the federal budget surplus he inherited in 2001 is now a $9 trillion deficit.

You believed America would remain the unquestioned No. 1 superpower in the world. Now we're the No. 1 debtor nation, the dollar is weaker than it has been in decades and our influence on world affairs shrinks by the day.

In the face of all this, some little pipsqueak town in Vermont dares to call your president a war criminal and calls for his indictment and arrest.

We feel your pain. The man you believed was destined for greatness is now headed for the dustbin of history. Future historians will rate George W. Bush as the worst president ever. And the last remnants of the conservative majority you thought would last for decades will likely be swept away in November's election.

read the rest and lots of comments..
http://www.reformer.com/editorials/ci_8126021

Well, if our congressional representatives aren't willing to do their duty and bring articles of impeachment, this will have to do.