PDA

View Full Version : Tornado innocent, customer guilty

Yurt
02-01-2008, 12:24 AM
WTF?? People tried to get through, but oh no, then at the end, WEELL, they could have just said something.... BS

Tornado victim billed for cable devices WHEATLAND, Wis. - Having a tornado demolish her home was bad enough. But when Ann Beam received a $2,000 cable bill a few weeks later, she was floored. "I just couldn't believe it," Beam said. "I was like, 'What are they thinking?'"

Time Warner Cable billed a number of Wheatland residents for equipment destroyed in the Jan. 7 twister that struck the southeast corner of the state. Beam's bill covered five cable boxes and five remote controls.

She immediately called the cable company, but a man who identified himself as a manager said there was nothing the company could do.

"They said I would have to take the bill and turn it in to my insurance company," Beam said.

But her cable equipment was nine years old, and the insurance company would pay only a depreciated value that wouldn't cover her bill, she said.

Time Warner Cable spokeswoman Celeste Flynn said many customers got charged for unreturned equipment because they canceled or transferred their service without mentioning their requests were tornado-related.

"We understand this is an unusual situation," Flynn said Wednesday. "All they will need to do is call and we will take the equipment off their account."

A message left for the cable company by The Associated Press early Thursday afternoon was not immediately returned.

BS (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080131/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cable_bill)

I don't about you, but I am tired of dealing with the "borg" when it comes to a company I do service with.

Abbey Marie
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Five cable boxes in one house?