PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow Say's President Bush Was Certainly Aware Of Walter Reed Conditions

Psychoblues
02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
So much for the interests of the neocons for the finest Americans in history, our VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!

In today's press briefing, a reporter asked White House Press Secretary Tony Snow about the Washington Post's two-part series over the weekend, highlighting the Walter Reed hospital’s dilapidated conditions. Snow stated that "the president certainly has been aware of the conditions in the wards where he has visited, and visited regularly." Snow also affirmed that the administration was aware of Walter Reed’s conditions "before the articles appeared in the paper."

The Army began repairs on the facilities yesterday, only after the media reports and intense public criticism. Apparently, Bush is fine with U.S. troops living in squalid conditions - as long as no one else knows about it.

More: http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/20/bush-walter-reed/

This typifies why the Psychoblues gave it all up after his fourth WAR, the Gulf War of ‘91.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin’

02-20-2007, 10:18 PM
yeah.... he has no problem with it. Which is exactly why the army is fixing things up.

Seriously, if youve actually ever been in a war you must have been hit with some sort of mortar that injured your head.

OCA
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
So much for the interests of the neocons for the finest Americans in history, our VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!

In today's press briefing, a reporter asked White House Press Secretary Tony Snow about the Washington Post's two-part series over the weekend, highlighting the Walter Reed hospital’s dilapidated conditions. Snow stated that "the president certainly has been aware of the conditions in the wards where he has visited, and visited regularly." Snow also affirmed that the administration was aware of Walter Reed’s conditions "before the articles appeared in the paper."

The Army began repairs on the facilities yesterday, only after the media reports and intense public criticism. Apparently, Bush is fine with U.S. troops living in squalid conditions - as long as no one else knows about it.

This typifies why the Psychoblues gave it all up after his fourth WAR, the Gulf War of ‘91.

Psychoblues

Squalid? Now that isn't how the Post actually described it, isn't it you old liar?

You never fought in any wars.

CSM
02-21-2007, 07:15 AM

Psychoblues

Still full of crap, I see.

theHawk
02-21-2007, 08:13 AM

Psychoblues

Since when do Presidents micromanage any particular hospital? If you want more money to go to these places, write your Congressmen. They are the ones that oversee the budget.

darin
02-21-2007, 08:28 AM
I hear President Bush is also aware of the conditions of some of the fighting locations in Iraq. Word is, He's called PFC Joseph Snuffy's Sergeant and is giving the Sergeant the what-for, because PFC Snuffy's fighting position only has 16" of overhead cover - NOT the required 18".

CSM
02-21-2007, 08:43 AM
I hear President Bush is also aware of the conditions of some of the fighting locations in Iraq. Word is, He's called PFC Joseph Snuffy's Sergeant and is giving the Sergeant the what-for, because PFC Snuffy's fighting position only has 16" of overhead cover - NOT the required 18".

Be careful, you'll confuse the original poster. He has no idea what a fighting location is, or a Sergeant, or a PFC, or a fighting position, or overhead cover.

darin
02-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Be careful, you'll confuse the original poster. He has no idea what a fighting location is, or a Sergeant, or a PFC, or a fighting position, or overhead cover.

:D You need your avatar back. It's weird seeing CSM w/o a CSM under as the avatar :)

CSM
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
:D You need your avatar back. It's weird seeing CSM w/o a CSM under as the avatar :)

Didn't want my avatar to offend anyone, but now that Psycho is here I'll have to put it up simply because I know it bugs the hell out of him.

darin
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Didn't want my avatar to offend anyone, but now that Psycho is here I'll have to put it up simply because I know it bugs the hell out of him.

MUCHO Better!!! OFFEND anyone? Hell - anyone who is offended at seeing the rank of an E9 isn't worth worrying about.

:D

Sitarro
02-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Walter Reed was no doubt hurt tremendously by BJs administration. Bill killed how many bases and cut the budget how much?????

Typical cycle, Democrats bullshit their way into power, neglect the important things like defense and spend money on condom programs and all of a sudden our military is having to look for spare parts. Because of a pathetic mass media the public doesn't realize how vulnerable we are until it's too late and vote in Republicans to fix the damage. Meanwhile the idiots on the left stall any attempts to do the right thing because they don't want the Republicans to look like saviors. They go balistic saying how much the Republicans are spending but it is money that needs to be spent to bring our military back. How many cruise missles did that Oxford moron use to kill an aspirin factory? Depleted our supply in one shot.

I have watched this happen numerous times in my lifetime and we will probably see it again soon.:puke3:

Birdzeye
02-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Interesting story on what's in store for wounded vets from the Army Times:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/02/tnsmedboards070217/

I'd like to see how anybody could pin this disgrace on the previous administration, when the current administration has had plenty of time to make things right by these men and women.

5stringJeff
02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
MUCHO Better!!! OFFEND anyone? Hell - anyone who is offended at seeing the rank of an E9 isn't worth worrying about.

How about an O9?

http://www.wpclipart.com/armed_services/Marines/rank/Lieutenant_General.png

CSM
02-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Interesting story on what's in store for wounded vets from the Army Times:

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/02/tnsmedboards070217/

I'd like to see how anybody could pin this disgrace on the previous administration, when the current administration has had plenty of time to make things right by these men and women.

Yup, Pelosi and company should get right on this....After all, they are all about correcting the mistakes of the current administration!

CSM
02-21-2007, 01:23 PM
How about an O9?

http://www.wpclipart.com/armed_services/Marines/rank/Lieutenant_General.png

E-9s give O-9s advice. Ya might want to keep that in mind!

Speaking of E-9s, I saw on another board that Darwins Friend (a retired Navy E-9) passed away today of a massive heart attack.

5stringJeff
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
E-9s give O-9s advice. Ya might want to keep that in mind!

Speaking of E-9s, I saw on another board that Darwins Friend (a retired Navy E-9) passed away today of a massive heart attack.

That sucks to hear. :(

Psychoblues
02-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Maybe you are correct, avatar4321, but I was never hit with a mortar. I think most combat soldiers have been hit in the head from a number of directions and mortars are just one of them.

yeah.... he has no problem with it. Which is exactly why the army is fixing things up.

Seriously, if youve actually ever been in a war you must have been hit with some sort of mortar that injured your head.

I have actually been in more than one war for the United States of America and I am willing to go it all again given the circumstanses that would compel me to do so. What about you? Are you one of those chickenshits that depend on the rest of us for your comforts?

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

Abbey Marie
02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Why not ask veterans under whose administration, Clinton's or Bush's, they felt better cared for and more respected? In fact, we can start by asking the veterans who post on this board.

02-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe you are correct, avatar4321, but I was never hit with a mortar. I think most combat soldiers have been hit in the head from a number of directions and mortars are just one of them.

I have actually been in more than one war for the United States of America and I am willing to go it all again given the circumstanses that would compel me to do so. What about you? Are you one of those chickenshits that depend on the rest of us for your comforts?

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

If you have been in as many wars as you claim to you would be atleast 73 years old now. You'd never survive training for another one, but then no one on this board actually believes you served at all. So I doubt that is much of a problem.

Psychoblues
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I have clearly stated my experience and in what years I have served several times. Go back to USMB and look it up. You continue to reference remarks made in that forum so I assume you continue to be welcome back there. Or, just maybe, are you so screwed up mathmatically that you still can't figure out the number of years between 1968 and 1991?

If you have been in as many wars as you claim to you would be atleast 73 years old now. You'd never survive training for another one, but then no one on this board actually believes you served at all. So I doubt that is much of a problem.

Actually, a good number of members on this board and the last one, USMB, do believe what I have written concerning my military and professional life. Are you making up a lie, repeating a lie or attempting to propagate some else's lie? Which is it?