PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marraige Is Good

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4708710.stm

Gay marriage is 'good for health'
Gay "marriage" could boost the mental and physical health of homosexuals, doctors believe.
Rates of depression, drug abuse and cancer are higher in the gay community than among heterosexual people.

The report said civil partnerships, which were introduced in England and Wales in December, were likely to reduce prejudice and social exclusion.

The Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health article was based on previous studies in other countries.

Denmark was the first country to introduce civil partnerships for same sex couples in 1989, since when several European Union countries, some US states, Australia and Canada have followed suit.

Professor Michael King, of University College London, who co-wrote the article, said: "Civil partnerships are likely to break down some of the prejudice and promote greater understanding, including among staff working in the health service.

"Legal civil partnerships could increase the stability of same sex relationships and minimise the social exclusion to which gay and lesbian people are often subjected."

Research has shown that lesbians have higher risk of breast cancer, heart disease and obesity, while gay men have a higher risk of HIV, the article said.

Gay people are also more likely to suffer from depression, drug abuse and suicidal urges than heterosexual people.

Stable

And the report said studies had shown those who are in a stable relationship, of either the same or opposite sex, enjoyed some health benefits.

It cited Swiss research which showed patients with HIV in stable partnerships were more likely to progress more slowly to Aids.

And other studies have revealed that married same sex couples had greater openness about their sexual orientation and closer relationships with their relatives than same sex couples not in civil partnerships.

But the doctors in the latest study added further research was needed to prove the theory.

Andy Forrest, of Stonewall gay rights campaign group, said the report was "logical" but it would be too early to see if such an impact emerged in England and Wales.

"I think having civil partnerships is going to mean a lot more security, financially, without the need to seek legal recourse, which in turn means less stress and that will be beneficial.

"There is also the issue of prejudice and hassle that people can encounter in their every day lives, with the rights these partnerships have this will be reduced.
"NO! THE BIBLE SAYS HOMOS ARE BAD!!"---Well guess what..FUCK YOUR BIBLE.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
"NO! THE BIBLE SAYS HOMOS ARE BAD!!"---Well guess what..FUCK YOUR BIBLE.

You may want to edit this portion of your post, quite a few may get quite offended at that statement.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I get offended at a lot of statments around here. You don't ask them to edit thiers. What's with the bias.

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
You may want to edit this portion of your post, quite a few may get quite offended at that statement.
Fuck them as well.

MtnBiker
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Fuck them as well.

Is that necessary?

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
I get offended at a lot of statments around here. You don't ask them to edit thiers. What's with the bias.

Statements at one another is one thing, defaming the Bible is another. There is a difference. We have many on the board that are very religious and would see this as the highest insult.

Guernicaa
It's the typical bias of mentally retarded conservative Christians.
He probably won't be able to answer your question...

jimnyc
Fuck them as well.

I'm one of them, would you like to rethink your decision?

jimnyc
It's the typical bias of mentally retarded conservative Christians.
He probably won't be able to answer your question...

Already done, I guess you're a bit slow

Guernicaa
Is that necessary?
When dealing with lunatic conservative Christians...Yes.

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm one of them, would you like to rethink your decision?
Nope:)

MtnBiker
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
When dealing with lunatic conservative Christians...Yes.

Not true, many conversations have taken place here without such language or attitude.

LiberalNation
Statements at one another is one thing, defaming the Bible is another. There is a difference. We have many on the board that are very religious and would see this as the highest insult.
So they're has bad as Muslim extremists, got it.

Calling a whole group of people fags is something a consider a high insult. So what i get over it. I wont curtail other peoples free speech just because I may find something insulting or offencive.

Guernicaa
Already done, I guess you're a bit slow
I was actually typing a response when it first came up so no.
Nice try though.

jimnyc
Nope:)

One last chance? You sure?

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Not true, many conversations have taken place here without such language or attitude.
Then why don't you start one instead of bitching?

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Then why don't you start one instead of bitching?

I'd be a bit more careful with whom you speak to in that manner

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:31 PM
One last chance? You sure?
What are you gonna do?? Will we be able to witness your true right wing Nazi censorship when you ban me? Or are you going to shut up and debate?

Guernicaa
02-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I'd be a bit more careful with whom you speak to in that manner
:suck:

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
See you in 24, keep it up with admins after that and it'll be 90days next time.

LiberalNation
Answer my post, so everything goes on this board unless it offends Christians or what.

CockySOB
Always nice to see definitive works which focus on the words "may" and "likely." Kinda makes the whole article, well... I guess it doesn't do anything, really, now does it?

Kinda like your opinion... not even worth one red cent.

Dilloduck
02-20-2007, 09:34 PM
:suck:

I bet Obama is just tickled to death to have you represent him like that !:no:

MtnBiker
02-20-2007, 09:35 PM
But the doctors in the latest study added further research was needed to prove the theory.

So basically they don't have much to say. Anyone can have a theory.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Answer my post, so everything goes on this board unless it offends Christians or what.

I'll answer what I feel like answering...

Calling a bunch of homosexuals fags or queers is not NEARLY as offensive as saying fuck the bible. He then proceeded to insult 2 administrators without care. It's quite obvious what his intent was, after literally just jumping into the flames.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Calling a bunch of homosexuals fags or queers is not NEARLY as offensive as saying fuck the bible.
Yes it is to some people. Offensive is relative and I guess this place is totally biased. As for his insults people insult each other all the time here, are mods special.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Yes it is to some people. Offensive is relative and I guess this place is totally biased. As for his insults people insult each other all the time here, are mods special.

I really don't need to answer to you. My fairness is well known throughout this community, and I believe even a few liberals here will vouch for that. I'm not going to stand for someone who comes here with guns blaring, and looks to insult before knowing the board.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Okay so he was banned because he was a newbie. Got it, one thing I hate about these type political boards. No you don't need to answer me but why wouldn't you want to.

CockySOB
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Trust me, we have a few who go after the religious right on a regular basis. The thing is, they do so while providing at least some level of logical argument. All Obama08 did was say "fuck the Bible" without presenting an iota of supporting argument. Not even the article he quoted made that connection.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Okay so he was banned because he was a newbie. Got it, one thing I hate about these type political boards. No you don't need to answer me but why wouldn't you want to.

NO, he was banned because he basically told 2 administrators to fuck off when they politely engaged him. There is absolutely no need to immediately start with insults on your first post on the board. What point does it serve other than to instigate?

darin
02-20-2007, 09:51 PM
All Ninnies - SEE MY SIGNATURE.

The truth is, JIM decides what HE wants on HIS Forum. Jim is VERY gracious to people here. Sometimes, however, he draws a line and tells people what HE finds acceptable. When that happens, the BEST policy is to "Shut the hell up" unless your opinion is asked-for.

Nuc
02-20-2007, 09:52 PM

I agree that Obama08 was flaming, but we do all insult Islam and the Koran here whenever we feel like,not to mention Jews. So strictly speaking it is biased to worry about the Bible and not the Koran. I am not defending Islam I think it sucks.

OCA
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Toughen up Mary.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM
No there is no need but if he had been a conservative and said, fuck Islam or anything else he would not have had the mods demanding he edit his post or be punished.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
I agree that Obama08 was flaming, but we do all insult Islam and the Koran here whenever we feel like,not to mention Jews. So strictly speaking it is biased to worry about the Bible and not the Koran. I am not defending Islam I think it sucks.

It wasn't just his first comment. I politely asked him to edit it. Had he said no, and politely explained why, I might have let it stay. But rather than do that, he decided to basically say the same to MtnBiker and myself.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
The truth is, JIM decides what HE wants on HIS Forum. Jim is VERY gracious to people here. Sometimes, however, he draws a line and tells people what HE finds acceptable. When that happens, the BEST policy is to "Shut the hell up" unless your opinion is asked-for.
Well than ya'll will just have to ban me because I ain't gona shut the fuck up if I have an opinion I feel like voicing.

I’m not debating his right to do what he did, I am voicing my opinion of it.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:56 PM
No there is no need but if he had been a conservative and said, fuck Islam or anything else he would not have had the mods demanding he edit his post or be punished.

And Jillian is a liberal moderator, and had she asked a conservative to edit their post in a similar fashion, I would have backed her decision. And if that conservative told her to fuck off, they too would have received a 24.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Well than ya'll will just have to ban me because I ain't gona shut the fuck up if I have an opinion I feel like voicing.

I’m not debating his right to do what he did and am voicing my opinion of it.

And you're more than entitled to your opinion, but if your opinion tells me to fuck off after I politely ask you to do something, you'll be gone for 24 too!

LiberalNation
And Jillian is a liberal moderator, and had she asked a conservative to edit their post in a similar fashion, I would have backed her decision. And if that conservative told her to fuck off, they too would have received a 24.
Okay, I don't know anyone here well enough to say whether that's true or not but I'll take your word on it until proven otherwise.

Nuc
It wasn't just his first comment. I politely asked him to edit it. Had he said no, and politely explained why, I might have let it stay. But rather than do that, he decided to basically say the same to MtnBiker and myself.

I agree with the ban because he was being idiotic. But I think it's OK to criticize the Bible, just not as an intentional flame or to harass the moderators.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 09:58 PM

Why don't you worry more about yor elementary school level of debate and let the board staff handle things that don't concern you?

Or did somebody die and will you the board?

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I agree with the ban because he was being idiotic. But I think it's OK to criticize the Bible, just not as an intentional flame or to harass the moderators.

I believe it was an intentional flame to instigate. Had he simply stated the bible was a 'farce' or something along those lines it would have stood. I have no doubt he was looking for trouble.

darin
02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
The MORE I read this thread, the more I think somebody Created that account, or asked a 'friend' to create an account like that ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF GIVING THE LIBS SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT. Seriously - the guy wasn't banned 30 seconds before 'somebody' started up with the whole "That's not FAIR" bullshit.

:(

Dilloduck
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM

true---there are a few things that are considered sacred here--we all step around saying certain things----it's part of being in the world with other people. Just like there are somethings I would not say to you out of respect.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Why don't you worry more about yor elementary school level of debate and let the board staff handle things that don't concern you?

Or did somebody die and will you the board?
I'll concern myself with whatever I feel like concerning myself with, got it.

Expressing my opinion in no way equates I think I can or do run this board.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
The MORE I read this thread, the more I think somebody Created that account, or asked a 'friend' to create an account like that ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE OF GIVING THE LIBS SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT. Seriously - the guy wasn't banned 30 seconds before 'somebody' started up with the whole "That's not FAIR" bullshit.
Your about parniod, yeah the libs on this board are out to get ya. Sheesh.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM

I must've missed something. The Bible is one of the more popular targets around here.

Nuc
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I must've missed something. The Bible is one of the more popular targets around here.

Let's switch to something else like, what an ugly shreiking harpy Hillary is or something. :gs:

OCA
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM

I’m not debating his right to do what he did and am voicing my opinion of it.

Lib you aren't quite grasping this situation but that is understandable given who you are, that jackass was banned because he came in guns blazing and trolling, he wasn't looking to debate he just wanted to get into some fisticuffs. Now he said what he said and when asked to tone it down he basically told everyone to fuck themselves, same would happen to anyone else conservative or lib.

Now you signed up here, you know the board leans to the right so enough bitching about it, either toughen up and deal with it or not, its your choice, but enough bitching about bias.

And also yeah, the board has kind of an unspoken bias toward Christianity, just the way it is, there ain't no constitution here guaranteeing equality of religions discussed.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I'll concern myself with whatever I feel like concerning myself with, got it.

Expressing my opinion in no way equates I think I can or do run this board.

I know this hard for you to comprehend since it has to do with reading and comprehension, but questioning the actions of a mod or admin in a public forum is against the rules.

But you're such a tough bitch, what with your big e-balls and all, I guess you think you're above them.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I know this hard for you to comprehend since it has to do with reading and comprehension, but questioning the actions of a mod or admin in a public forum is against the rules.
Point to where those rules are, I checked the rules when I first came here to see what i could and couldn't do. That wasn't listed, neither was anything else.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Now you signed up here, you know the board leans to the right so enough bitching about it, either toughen up and deal with it or not, its your choice, but enough bitching about bias.
I'll bitch has much as like. If ya don't wana hear it then don't read my posts.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM

All you've done since coming here is bitch. You damned sure can't sustain a debate nor support your poltical rhetoric. Go cry somewhere else.

Better yet ... keep mouthing off to OCA.

Yurt
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Really.

jimnyc
02-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Point to where those rules are, I checked the rules when I first came here to see what i could and couldn't do. That wasn't listed, neither was anything else.

The rules he speaks of were actually on my old board, and are here too in spirit. It's been discussed previously but we wouldn't expect you to know that.

Just so you know, we would prefer that questions about moderator decisions be done via PM. No good can come from opening our decisions up to debate. I actually tried that and it failed miserably.

And in reality, I don't even mind doing so occassionally. It's just that it generally gets out of hand and leads to more confusion. Let me just say that users WILL NOT be banned here unless I feel its for a damn good reason. Many bans have been reversed by myself in good faith. I don't like banning members. I WANT members, and more, and more liberals. But, I would also like to keep the debates honest, on topic, and as civil as possible. We all know that things will get heated at times, and outbursts will occur, and we generally overlook that. It's those who do nothing but have outbursts that we don't have a place for here.

Sound fair?

02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I bet Obama is just tickled to death to have you represent him like that !:no:

I was thinking the same thing. I mean you can't always judge a leader by the bad actions of his followers, but people do gravitate to others like themself.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
All you've done since coming here is bitch. You damned sure can't sustain a debate nor support your poltical rhetoric. Go cry somewhere else.
Only in your own mind.

Better yet ... keep mouthing off to OCA
Or what, and no. If the mods here can't stand me they can ban me but I ain't gona shut my mouth.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Sound fair?
Fair, I'll express my opinions on board policy when I have them in pm.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Only in your own mind.

No, actually it's on the board for ALL to see.

Or what, and no. If the mods here can't stand me they can ban me but I ain't gona shut my mouth.

Guess Manu and OCA had you pegged right from the start ... nothing but a punk.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
nothing but a punk.
Right back atcha.

darin
02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Your about parniod, yeah the libs on this board are out to get ya. Sheesh.

1st off, what about my "About Parniod"? What the hell is a Parnoid and what makes you think I have one?

2ndly - Libs can't get anybody - they don't have any guns. :)

darin
02-20-2007, 10:39 PM

Keep shit-talking and disrespecting my Moderators and your ban will come sooner rather than later, mmkay?

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:40 PM
mmkay, like I said.

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Right back atcha.

A punk that owned your wet-behind-the-ears, ignorant ass in a debate with EASE. I didn't even have to put any real effort into it.:laugh2:

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Only in your mind, I bet I could find several people who think differently and would refute that.

OCA
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM

I'll read every single one of your posts, keep bitching about mods and admin and well............

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Only in your mind, I bet I could find several people who think differently and would refute that.

Here it is, in the flesh, baby.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=1120&page=4

I doubt you'll find anyone but some screwball to agree with you.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Well........go ahead. I would rather not post on a board at all if they're that fascist.

OCA
02-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Only in your own mind.

Dumbass nobody is asking you to shut your mouth and not voice your opinions only your opinions on staff ain't gonna be aired here in public, understand?

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 10:56 PM
I already complied and said I would take it to pm from now on but you all are still keeping up the insults and threats. Well fuck you if ya think I'm not gona respond in my own defense while being publicly accused.

5stringJeff
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
When Obama08 returns, I'll be happy to debate him about any "conservative Christian" issue he'd like to bring up. Being a conservative and a Christian, I feel more than up to the challenge.

manu1959
02-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I already complied and said I would take it to pm from now on but you all are still keeping up the insults and threats. Well fuck you if ya think I'm not gona respond in my own defense while being publicly accused.

bye bye......................

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Are you a mod Manu.

Missileman
02-20-2007, 11:39 PM
When Obama08 returns, I'll be happy to debate him about any "conservative Christian" issue he'd like to bring up. Being a conservative and a Christian, I feel more than up to the challenge.

Based on his first effort, the challenge is going to be teaching him HOW to debate before you can actually have one.

darin
02-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Are you a mod Manu.

He's right. Check your PMs for further guidance.

LiberalNation
02-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I see talking about mod action is okay as long as your a conservative.

OCA
02-20-2007, 11:44 PM

Dear God where did you see that happen?:bang3:

darin
02-20-2007, 11:46 PM

No - COMPLAINING about moderator actions is not okay. Regardless. I am MUCH to smart to fall for your 'conservative bias' bullshit. MOST people here are smarter than to fall for that card.

Here are the rules - thus sayeth dmp:

1) Don't be an asshole. (Note the period).

2) If you cannot control yourself at LEAST wait long enough to get to KNOW people. OCA is an asshole - BUT HE IS CONSISTENT - and a Member AND Moderator in GOOD standing. Don't piss him off. He's not as nice as Me and Jim and MtnBiker. While OCA's is vulgar and a bit mean to folk who piss him off, he's 'generally' right. That's why he's a moderator.

Stop picking on my Moderators, LN.

Any FURTHER questions can be directed to Me, Jim or Mtn via PM.

5stringJeff
02-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Based on his first effort, the challenge is going to be teaching him HOW to debate before you can actually have one.

OK... I'll get drunk before I debate him. That should make it even! :D

Pale Rider
02-20-2007, 11:52 PM
No - COMPLAINING about moderator actions is not okay. Regardless. I am MUCH to smart to fall for your 'conservative bias' bullshit. MOST people here are smarter than to fall for that card.

Here are the rules - thus sayeth dmp:

1) Don't be an asshole. (Note the period).

2) If you cannot control yourself at LEAST wait long enough to get to KNOW people. OCA is an asshole - BUT HE IS CONSISTENT - and a Member AND Moderator in GOOD standing. Don't piss him off. He's not as nice as Me and Jim and MtnBiker. While OCA's is vulgar and a bit mean to folk who piss him off, he's 'generally' right. That's why he's a moderator.

Stop picking on my Moderators, LN.

Any FURTHER questions can be directed to Me, Jim or Mtn via PM.

AYE!!! You forget who the ASSHOLES are around here AGAIN, and I'm going to really FUCK SOME SHIT UP in here.... :wink2: :laugh:

manu1959
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Are you a mod Manu.

nope....but i did stay in a holiday in express last night...

darin
02-21-2007, 12:00 AM
And with that - ENOUGH Drama for Tonite. :D

Topic Closed.