PDA

View Full Version : Bush Turning His Back On Soldiers Abroad And At Home

Psychoblues
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Another “slam-dunk” for the neocons. Check it out, it bleeds and demands only minimal attention.

It's no secret that President Bush has long turned his back on the soldiers fighting his war of choice in Iraq. Many of our soldiers are still buying their own body armor, even after a secret Pentagon study showed that many of the marines killed in Iraq by upper-body wounds might have survived had they worn more extensive armor.
This is unconscionable.

As a result of this and other acts of callous disregard for life, more than 3,000 troops have died. The fallen heroes include National Guard Sgt. John Ogburn III of Fruitland, Idaho, Marine Private First Class Brent Vroman of Oshkosh, Wis., Army Reserve Capt. Paul J. Cassidy of Laingsburg, Mich., and National Guard Sgt. Bill Normandy of Augusta, Ga. - all proud public employees and AFSCME members.

Bush has also turned his back on many of the more than 23,000 soldiers who have been wounded in Iraq - particularly those who need care in state-run veterans' homes. These nursing homes provide services that our vets rely on, at a cost that's shared by the state and federal governments.

Sadly, the Bush administration proposed cutting a chunk of the federal funding for those veterans who are receiving assisted-living services in the homes. The proposal would have left up to 80 percent of the vets with nowhere to go.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gerald-mcentee/bush-turning-his-back-on_b_40836.html

I just don’t get it when it comes to alleged conservative ideology and their treatment of our very best. Maybe I’m missing something?

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin’

Gunny
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Another “slam-dunk” for the neocons. Check it out, it bleeds and demands only minimal attention.

It's no secret that President Bush has long turned his back on the soldiers fighting his war of choice in Iraq. Many of our soldiers are still buying their own body armor, even after a secret Pentagon study showed that many of the marines killed in Iraq by upper-body wounds might have survived had they worn more extensive armor.
This is unconscionable.

As a result of this and other acts of callous disregard for life, more than 3,000 troops have died. The fallen heroes include National Guard Sgt. John Ogburn III of Fruitland, Idaho, Marine Private First Class Brent Vroman of Oshkosh, Wis., Army Reserve Capt. Paul J. Cassidy of Laingsburg, Mich., and National Guard Sgt. Bill Normandy of Augusta, Ga. - all proud public employees and AFSCME members.

Bush has also turned his back on many of the more than 23,000 soldiers who have been wounded in Iraq - particularly those who need care in state-run veterans' homes. These nursing homes provide services that our vets rely on, at a cost that's shared by the state and federal governments.

Sadly, the Bush administration proposed cutting a chunk of the federal funding for those veterans who are receiving assisted-living services in the homes. The proposal would have left up to 80 percent of the vets with nowhere to go.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gerald-mcentee/bush-turning-his-back-on_b_40836.html

I just don’t get it when it comes to alleged conservative ideology and their treatment of our very best. Maybe I’m missing something?

Psychoblues

Yeah, you're missing a brain. Or maybe you're missing the part where this issue has been a non-player for several years?

So now President Bush himself is in charge of manufacturing and supply, huh? Lay off the wacky-tobacky, dude.

darin
02-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Psychoblues - you aren't a veteran of any military service; why would you spread lies and mis-information like you are? What benefit is yours for furthing this kinda stuff?

Psychoblues
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Bush is the "Decider" and obviously he has decided to shat upon the Veterans. You got a comment or an opinion? Probably not. This is, like you say, a several year conversation, but to the detriment of your assertions Bush has tried to build a strong military while constantly cutting if not completely annilating the benefits and care that the United States Of America has promised it's Veterans. If you are healthy, great, have a good life, if you are not as a result of your combat and/or military experience then fuck you is the policy. This argument has been played out over and over again. It is always the "conservatives" that undermine and subvert the issues and concerns of the "Veterans". Maybe you need to pay better attention or at least take a course in American Politics.

Yeah, you're missing a brain. Or maybe you're missing the part where this issue has been a non-player for several years?

So now President Bush himself is in charge of manufacturing and supply, huh? Lay off the wacky-tobacky, dude.

Get a life, Gunny.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckin'

Psychoblues
02-20-2007, 10:56 PM
dmp, you are a liar. I am a very Proud Veteran. Why do you dispel lies and mis-information?

Psychoblues - you aren't a veteran of any military service; why would you spread lies and mis-information like you are? What benefit is yours for furthing this kinda stuff?

I have a right to my opinion and my searches for truth and information. You have no rights to your lies and I can only sympathize with your misunderstanding and otherwise ignorance.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckkin'

Gunny
02-20-2007, 11:01 PM
dmp, you are a liar. I am a very Proud Veteran. Why do you dispel lies and mis-information?

Obviously a trip to www.dictionary.com is in order:

dis·pel /dɪˈspɛl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-spel] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -pelled, -pel·ling.
1. to drive off in various directions; disperse; dissipate: to dispel the dense fog.
2. to cause to vanish; alleviate: to dispel her fears.

Guess that two-syllable word is one syllable too many for ya,' huh?

I have a right to my opinion and my searches for truth and information. You have no rights to your lies and I can only sympathize with your misunderstanding and otherwise ignorance.

Psychoblues

Americans Gotta Keep On Truckkin'

You have no right to waste bandwidth with obvious drivel.

Sitarro
02-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Gee what a great source psycho....Huffington's joke site!

For those wondering, the ultra left wing filth that regurgitated that crap psycho decided to quote is this clown.....

Gerald W. McEntee is the International President of the 1.4 million-member American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), one of the most aggressive and politically active organizing unions in the AFL-CIO. Since 1998, nearly 250,000 public service workers have joined AFSCME through organizing campaigns. McEntee was first elected AFSCME President in 1981 and was re-elected in June 2004 to another four-year term.

As a Vice President of the AFL-CIO, a member of its Executive Council and chair of the Political Education Committee, McEntee is a key leader of the labor movement and its political program. Under McEntee’s leadership, the federation created its highly successful and much imitated voter education campaigns, which helped increase the number of union household voters to a record 26 percent of the electorate in 2000 (up from 19 percent in 1992).

McEntee has long been a leader in the fight to reform the nation’s health care system. President Clinton named McEntee to serve on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Quality and Consumer Protection in the Health Care Industry in 1997.

Psychoblues
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I know exactly who the man is. You have an argument with his perviews then give it. Attacking the messenger or the message just don't cut in THIS America.

Gee what a great source psycho....Huffington's joke site!

For those wondering, the ultra left wing filth that regurgitated that crap psycho decided to quote is this clown.....

Gerald W. McEntee is the International President of the 1.4 million-member American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), one of the most aggressive and politically active organizing unions in the AFL-CIO. Since 1998, nearly 250,000 public service workers have joined AFSCME through organizing campaigns. McEntee was first elected AFSCME President in 1981 and was re-elected in June 2004 to another four-year term.

As a Vice President of the AFL-CIO, a member of its Executive Council and chair of the Political Education Committee, McEntee is a key leader of the labor movement and its political program. Under McEntee’s leadership, the federation created its highly successful and much imitated voter education campaigns, which helped increase the number of union household voters to a record 26 percent of the electorate in 2000 (up from 19 percent in 1992).

McEntee has long been a leader in the fight to reform the nation’s health care system. President Clinton named McEntee to serve on the Presidential Advisory Commission on Quality and Consumer Protection in the Health Care Industry in 1997.

Why do neocons attack the messengers while ignoring the message? The punk-asses in prison do pretty much the same.

Psychoblues

Gunny
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
I know exactly who the man is. You have an argument with his perviews then give it. Attacking the messenger or the message just don't cut in THIS America.

Why do neocons attack the messengers while ignoring the message? The punk-asses in prison do pretty much the same.

Psychoblues

Is this supposed to be a joke, or what? You post absolute garbage, then when anyone bothers to refute it, you attack that person. Pretty-much every single time.

02-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Psychoblues

Pointing out that the writer is Vice President of the AFL-CIO and trying to reform the Health care industry is attacking the messager? Dang, I didnt realize you thought those things were such insults...

Gunny
02-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Pointing out that the writer is Vice President of the AFL-CIO and trying to reform the Health care industry is attacking the messager? Dang, I didnt realize you thought those things were such insults...

He's probably going to tell you he IS the VP of the AFL-CIO.:laugh2:

CSM
02-23-2007, 07:24 AM

This is unconscionable.

Psychoblues

More of the same bullshit from the same windbag.....

Psychoblues
02-23-2007, 08:10 PM
The prez, not being a Veteran himself or one pre-disposed to understand the plights of the common pawns of American Military/Industrial wrong-headed approaches to world wide politics and policies is also not likely to comprehend or even consider the problems of the Veterans at Walter Reed Hospital. I'll give him that.

More of the same bullshit from the same windbag.....

You got more for me or would you rather comment on the subject at hand?

02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
The prez, not being a Veteran himself or one pre-disposed to understand the plights of the common pawns of American Military/Industrial wrong-headed approaches to world wide politics and policies is also not likely to comprehend or even consider the problems of the Veterans at Walter Reed Hospital. I'll give him that.

So I guess the National Guard isn't part of the military now huh?

CSM
02-24-2007, 06:42 AM

You ARE the subject at hand!

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I thought we were talking about the conditions that our soldiers endure due to the negligence of the powers that be to recognize the deficiencies within their own areas of influence, authority and otherwise responsibility.

You ARE the subject at hand!

It's one thing to ask our young, healthy and intelligent fellow Americans to go and fight a war when for whatever reason the askers couldn't do it when it was their time to go but it is quite another to deprive them the equipment necessary to do their jobs, the medical facilities to assist them in healing their subsequent injuries and the housing necessary to sustain them during transitions from disabilities to active service.

And now you say that I am the subject? What kind of jerk are you, csm?

trobinett
02-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I thought we were talking about the conditions that our soldiers endure due to the negligence of the powers that be to recognize the deficiencies within their own areas of influence, authority and otherwise responsibility.

It's one thing to ask our young, healthy and intelligent fellow Americans to go and fight a war when for whatever reason the askers couldn't do it when it was their time to go but it is quite another to deprive them the equipment necessary to do their jobs, the medical facilities to assist them in healing their subsequent injuries and the housing necessary to sustain them during transitions from disabilities to active service.

And now you say that I am the subject? What kind of jerk are you, csm?

Psychoblues, how the hell can you ever hope to be taken serious when you talk to senior Veteran's like that?

Show some goddamn respect, and you'll be given some respect.

This is a board that likes to hear both sides, but at its core, its conservative, and sometimes, well truthfully, most times, your opinions, and posted articles are way left.

Take it easy, gain some understanding, if not some support, and see what that can do.

You've just started posting here, consider it a "fresh start".

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
csm has long disrespected me, my friend. I don't give a shit about him, his opinion or his military service as only a reflection of his mutual disdain for me and mine. And a few others around here are included as well.

Psychoblues, how the hell can you ever hope to be taken serious when you talk to senior Veteran's like that?

Show some goddamn respect, and you'll be given some respect.

This is a board that likes to hear both sides, but at its core, its conservative, and sometimes, well truthfully, most times, your opinions, and posted articles are way left.

Take it easy, gain some understanding, if not some support, and see what that can do.

You've just started posting here, consider it a "fresh start".

I believe wholeheartedly in jamm as applied to music and is also pertinent in the message board scene. If I ain't jammin' then I just ain't playin', can you dig it?

Let me give you just a little of what I consider credible jamm. A musical, literary or visual entity that compels reaction and then the reaction should (notice that I did not say must) be serious, relative to the interaction and encouraging to additional creativity. I could write you a book on the subject of jamm but I will let this suffice for now. I hope you can dig it.

trobinett
02-25-2007, 05:11 PM
As you wish...............

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
Actually, I think it is or should be as you wish. It's all a conversation and full of the mountains and valleys as the geography in which it exists.

As you wish...............

I do take you seriously, trobinett, but backing off anybody that continues to screw up my jamm will not happen as you seem to expect. I wish we could give you better jamm but we work with what we got anad get handed. :slap:

CSM
02-25-2007, 06:08 PM
csm has long disrespected me, my friend. I don't give a shit about him, his opinion or his military service as only a reflection of his mutual disdain for me and mine. And a few others around here are included as well.

Likewise. You are still an asshat. Keep neg repping me all you want...it wont change a thing.

Gunny
02-25-2007, 08:34 PM

I am quite proud to say that I am one of "a few others around here." The alternative is what kind of whack-job I'd have to be in order for you to consider me credible.

It ain't you psycho ... it's the rest of us.:fu:

Psychoblues
02-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Quite differently than you intimate that you would expect, gunny, I only want you to share your opinions on the subjects at hand and refrain from your senseless and ignorant attacks and lies on and about the messengers. It's pretty much that simple.

I am quite proud to say that I am one of "a few others around here." The alternative is what kind of whack-job I'd have to be in order for you to consider me credible.

It ain't you psycho ... it's the rest of us.:fu:

Naw, it's actually only you, gunny.