PDA

View Full Version : Work at home

Yurt
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Today I was supposed to work at home, my home office. I've done work. But not that much. I find that because I am home, I want to "play"

To those that have home offices, how do you accomplish it? I like going to an office. If I don't get this full time job at the firm I'm at now (drools over getting the job, filling in for maternity leave, still, just getting in was awesome) and have to start my own practice, I am goint to get an office. I can't stand working at home.

Trinity
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Today I was supposed to work at home, my home office. I've done work. But not that much. I find that because I am home, I want to "play"

To those that have home offices, how do you accomplish it? I like going to an office. If I don't get this full time job at the firm I'm at now (drools over getting the job, filling in for maternity leave, still, just getting in was awesome) and have to start my own practice, I am goint to get an office. I can't stand working at home.

I work from home somewhat and I go in and work too. I prefer to work at home though because I hate dealing with idiots and there seem to be more and more of them recently.

Yurt
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I work from home somewhat and I go in and work too. I prefer to work at home though because I hate dealing with idiots and there seem to be more and more of them recently.

yeah, but you go to an office, not your computer area. hmmmm, maybe if I had more rooms, it would be different. still, i have to see people, interact, can't stand working alone.

Trinity
02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
yeah, but you go to an office, not your computer area. hmmmm, maybe if I had more rooms, it would be different. still, i have to see people, interact, can't stand working alone.

I actually go to walmart to work. I'm a vendor and I do the merchandising for their music cd's and I have a separate room in my home that is my office that is where I do all of my paperwork.

I prefer to work alone most of the time I get more done that way. I can work with other people but don't accomplish as much as I do when I work alone.

as far as interacting with people I get more then my share. I deal with the store and dept. managers when I am there, then I also have to deal with the customers coming up asking me to get this or get that for them, and I have to tell them I'm sorry I do not work here I am a vendor you will have to find a walmart associate to help you. You would think considering I make it a point not to wear Khaki colored pants and blue shirts and don't have a name tag hanging around my neck they would not even bother to ask me for help but no I'll bet I get asked that on average about 20 times in a 3 hour period.:laugh2:

MtnBiker
02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
I have an office down stairs, I do about 35% percent of my job at home. Having a work space helps stay focused, also a routine of work time is helpful. Use a list of projects or goals to accomplish for the day and week, accomplish those items before you can "play".

Being able to work at home has its advantages, I can do some small choirs around the house during the day while working such as laundry and avoid having to do them on my free time.

hjmick
02-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I have an office down stairs, I do about 35% percent of my job at home. Having a work space helps stay focused, also a routine of work time is helpful. Use a list of projects or goals to accomplish for the day and week, accomplish those items before you can "play".

Being able to work at home has its advantages, I can do some small choirs around the house during the day while working such as laundry and avoid having to do them on my free time.

"Small Choirs?" You have groups of singing midgets in your house?

MtnBiker
02-01-2008, 07:59 PM
opps chores

not to mention the dwarf mariachi band roaming the neigborhood :D

Yurt
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I actually go to walmart to work. I'm a vendor and I do the merchandising for their music cd's and I have a separate room in my home that is my office that is where I do all of my paperwork.

I prefer to work alone most of the time I get more done that way. I can work with other people but don't accomplish as much as I do when I work alone.

as far as interacting with people I get more then my share. I deal with the store and dept. managers when I am there, then I also have to deal with the customers coming up asking me to get this or get that for them, and I have to tell them I'm sorry I do not work here I am a vendor you will have to find a walmart associate to help you. You would think considering I make it a point not to wear Khaki colored pants and blue shirts and don't have a name tag hanging around my neck they would not even bother to ask me for help but no I'll bet I get asked that on average about 20 times in a 3 hour period.:laugh2:

I can see an extra room helping. Currently I live in a one bedroom apt/condo, admittedly, a big one bedroom, still, only one room. Maybe if I had a house I would feel differently.... not sure though, because I love going to work and talking/seeing people.

Yes, I can see if I had my own practice that I could do some of it at home, but I just can't do all of it. I don't know, when I come home/go home, I want to be home, not at work.

Said1
02-01-2008, 08:26 PM
I HATE working in an office. Someone's idea of torture, IMHO. 200 people you'd never be friends with, but are forced to spend 8hrs a day working wih them. WTF is that.

When I worked from home, it was with children, soooo, I had a much different set of problems. Still easier then working with old windbags, who don't seem to do more than fart in their cubicle all day.

Trinity
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I HATE working in an office. Someone's idea of torture, IMHO. 200 people you'd never be friends with, but are forced to spend 8hrs a day working wih them. WTF is that.

When I worked from home, it was with children, soooo, I had a much different set of problems. Still easier then working with old windbags, who don't seem to do more than fart in their cubicle all day.

:laugh2:

Trinity
02-01-2008, 08:58 PM
I can see an extra room helping. Currently I live in a one bedroom apt/condo, admittedly, a big one bedroom, still, only one room. Maybe if I had a house I would feel differently.... not sure though, because I love going to work and talking/seeing people.

Yes, I can see if I had my own practice that I could do some of it at home, but I just can't do all of it. I don't know, when I come home/go home, I want to be home, not at work.

yeah you need to have your own space you can classify as an office. I do my work and school work in there and my boy's know if the door is closed don't bother me I am working. Now if the door is open they can come in all they want.

MtnBiker
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Still easier then working with old windbags, who don't seem to do more than fart in their cubicle all day.

here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGlNsh_YWk&feature=related