PDA

View Full Version : FOX Denies Entrance to Veterans Demanding an Apology from O’Reilly — WITH VIDEO

-Cp
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPxJPdGwRYY&border=0&rel=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPxJPdGwRYY&border=0&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bullypulpit
02-02-2008, 11:52 PM
O'Reilly is, to put it bluntly, a pussy and a moral coward who also happens to be intellectually bankrupt.

Dilloduck
02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
O'Reilly is, to put it bluntly, a pussy and a moral coward who also happens to be intellectually bankrupt.

But he wasn't fooled by this prank that another station tried to pull on him. :laugh2:

02-03-2008, 12:20 AM
why does OReilly need to apologize?

theHawk
02-03-2008, 02:31 AM

So he is a pussy and a moral coward for saying that the real causes of homeless vets is mental illness and additions and the only way we're going to fix the problem of homeless vets is by addressing those problems?

O'Reilly already exposed the real pussys and cowards that lied to these vets about what he had said.

Try learning the facts before you spew your shit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323747,00.html

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2008, 06:35 AM
lol, I can't IMAGINE why Fox News didn't want to let demonstrators accompanied by rival news crews into their building.....

JohnDoe
02-03-2008, 08:51 AM
So he is a pussy and a moral coward for saying that the real causes of homeless vets is mental illness and additions and the only way we're going to fix the problem of homeless vets is by addressing those problems?

O'Reilly already exposed the real pussys and cowards that lied to these vets about what he had said.

Try learning the facts before you spew your shit.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,323747,00.html

good morning

ummmmm, i read your link Hawk, but what does it have to do with O'reily turning these veterans away and not facing them with his own comments?

And let me ask you this, Do you think all of these vets were mentally ill or had drug addictions before they joined the military?

jd

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2008, 08:58 AM
ummmmm, i read your link Hawk, but what does it have to do with O'reily turning these veterans away and not facing them with his own comments?

jd

actually it does....since O'Reily's "own comments" did not include a denial of veteran homelessness.....I note that when these veteran demonstrators were asked about that they managed to dodge the question quite artfully.....one might almost think they were scripted (lol).......

Gaffer
02-03-2008, 09:02 AM
good morning

And let me ask you this, Do you think all of these vets were mentally ill or had drug addictions before they joined the military?

jd

I would first question how many are mentally ill drug addicted or even vets. I haven't seen it and haven't even had foxnews on all week, but I bet they find a lot of phony's among these so called protesters. Even some media paid ones. The whole thing smells of a scam.

Oreily didn't keep the people out. FOXNEWS did. People sure like to jump to conclusions for who's responsible for what.

jimnyc
02-03-2008, 09:03 AM

And do you think anyone in the news that comments on todays politics should automatically see anyone who shows up on their doorstep, even if accompanied by a rival news station? What if I show up at CNN and have signatures from a few thousand about their reporting of some top conservatives, should they let me in to immediately speak to their newscasters? Does this apply to those on the radio too? Should I be able to show up at the front door of some of the liberal radio stations and demand to speak to their on air personalities? Would your answer be different if I was accompanied by microphones from a conservative radio show?

Some will make it sound as if he personally turned away veterans and cowered away from speaking, when in reality it's ridiculous to show up to any major station and expect to be seen. It was nothing more than a gimmick evidenced by the fact they had a rival station in tow.

Sir Evil
02-03-2008, 09:12 AM
And do you think anyone in the news that comments on todays politics should automatically see anyone who shows up on their doorstep, even if accompanied by a rival news station? What if I show up at CNN and have signatures from a few thousand about their reporting of some top conservatives, should they let me in to immediately speak to their newscasters? Does this apply to those on the radio too? Should I be able to show up at the front door of some of the liberal radio stations and demand to speak to their on air personalities? Would your answer be different if I was accompanied by microphones from a conservative radio show?

Some will make it sound as if he personally turned away veterans and cowered away from speaking, when in reality it's ridiculous to show up to any major station and expect to be seen. It was nothing more than a gimmick evidenced by the fact they had a rival station in tow.

did you expect more from such a bootyhead? :slap:

JohnDoe
02-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Some will make it sound as if he personally turned away veterans and cowered away from speaking, when in reality it's ridiculous to show up to any major station and expect to be seen. It was nothing more than a gimmick evidenced by the fact they had a rival station in tow.If you challenged someone and their reasons for being homeless in front of all of america, then yes, i think that these people have a right to get their news story on the air to dispute what someone has aired if it is NOT TRUE.....or to confront the person that was reporting this to all of America about you...

i didn't read the articles yet other than the link from the Hawk, only saw this on the news yesterday, who was the rival news station that showed up with these people?

But overall, I can understand why oreilly would not want to do that, and Oreilly has a right I suppose to ignore the people he was reporting about and talking about..... doesn't mean I agree with his decision to do such...

And good morning Jim! :)

jd

jimnyc
02-03-2008, 09:21 AM
If you challenged someone and their reasons for being homeless in front of all of america, then yes, i think that these people have a right to get their news story on the air to dispute what someone has aired if it is NOT TRUE.....or to confront the person that was reporting this to all of America about you...

So I disagree wholeheartedly with many of the facts and positions of newscasters on both TV and radio - so if I show up on their doorstep, they should have me in to hear me out, correct? And if they don't, they are wrong, because I'm only challenging them on their facts, correct?

Many major Democrats have challenged our President, and they have done so on a national platform to the entire country. So if I show up at their offices, they should have me in to hear my counter challenges to their "facts", correct?

Or if a newspaper publishes an article that mentions me, and their facts are wrong, I should be able to show up at the paper and be seen by the writers and/or editor to discuss their facts, correct?

These people could have just as easily spoke to America about their feelings or about their facts in front of the cameras that were already aimed at them. Having another station follow them to report the activities was nothing more than a stunt. No reputable station in the US is going to allow anyone to just show up and be seen, and anyone who thinks otherwise and puts down O'reilly as a result is a hack just piling on about this stunt.

JohnDoe
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
So I disagree wholeheartedly with many of the facts and positions of newscasters on both TV and radio - so if I show up on their doorstep, they should have me in to hear me out, correct? And if they don't, they are wrong, because I'm only challenging them on their facts, correct?

Many major Democrats have challenged our President, and they have done so on a national platform to the entire country. So if I show up at their offices, they should have me in to hear my counter challenges to their "facts", correct?

Or if a newspaper publishes an article that mentions me, and their facts are wrong, I should be able to show up at the paper and be seen by the writers and/or editor to discuss their facts, correct?

These people could have just as easily spoke to America about their feelings or about their facts in front of the cameras that were already aimed at them. Having another station follow them to report the activities was nothing more than a stunt. No reputable station in the US is going to allow anyone to just show up and be seen, and anyone who thinks otherwise and puts down O'reilly as a result is a hack just piling on about this stunt.

And these people had every right to go to this news station, with another tv station in tow if they wanted to to complain about what someone at that station said and insist on confronting the person that reported such, right?

Anyone can protest right?

As I said, the station and oreilly had every right to deny access, (or allow access), so, I agree with you.

However, these veterans had every right to want to confront what was being reported about them and to show up on fox's doorstep...

This is what freedom is all about.

jd

jimnyc
02-03-2008, 09:32 AM
And these people had every right to go to this news station, with another tv station in tow if they wanted to to complain about what someone at that station said and insist on confronting the person that reported such, right?

Anyone can protest right?

As I said, the station and oreilly had every right to deny access, (or allow access), so, I agree with you.

However, these veterans had every right to want to confront what was being reported about them and to show up on fox's doorstep...

This is what freedom is all about.

jd

I don't think you'll see anyone in this thread, or reporting on this story, that claimed or complained about their protesting. The point is about them being "denied" the ability to meet with O'reilly. Sure, they can protest to their hearts content, but to claim a station is wrong because they won't see someone willy nilly when they appear out of nowhere is absolutely absurd.

I can protest the politicians I mentioned all I like - but I guarantee you that not a single one of them will see me if I show up at their offices and demand to be heard to dispute their comments. I know it, and so do you.

Dilloduck
02-03-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?020108/020108_oreilly_points&OReilly_Factor_Talking_Points&Talking%20Points%3A%202/1&Talking%20Points%3A%202/1&Bill%20O%27Reilly&-1&Opinion&211&&&exp

Play the talking points from Feb 1. These people were lied to and set up by a producer who had news crews follow them to FOX. Lying to these people and using them as dupes was some pretty low shit.

theHawk
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
good morning

Well if you ever bothered to watch Bill O'Reilly's show, he DID have a Fox reporter CONFRONT the protesters as well as the media crew that LIED to the vets. He aired, on his show, the vets being interviewed. When they were asked if they had actually saw or heard what Bill O'Reilly had said, they all answered no. But of course, that was all edited out of the yutube video that they put out. Bill O'Reilly called out the NBC exec that was behind it, and challeneged the guy to explain himself, but of course he isn't answering any phone calls.

jd

No, but when people get older and are out of the military they have something called free will, and freedom to do whatever they want with their lives. A small percentage choose a life of drugs and addiction, is that somehow the military's fault? The military nor the government can nor do they even have the authority to police vets after they are out of the military. The vets do have access to the VA, but in cases like these its obvious the vets are probably not using it.

Just on a side note, I think Bill O'Reilly is a great person. He has done more helping protect children by calling out the states that allow pedophiles to run loose. He's helped get legislation through in several states that protect children from pedophiles. Only partisan hacks would accuse him of being a "moral coward".