PDA

View Full Version : The Many Lies Of Mitt Romney

nevadamedic
02-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Pick a side Mitt, any side. Remind me again why his nick name is Multiple Choice Mitt. Correct me if im wrong but the majority of those issues you listed below are the reasons many of you listed as why you hate Senator McCain. Can we say hipocritic.

Blue Side

Abortion rights
"I will preserve and protect a woman's right to choose and am devoted and dedicated to honoring my word in that regard."
Boston Herald Debate, 10/29/02

Red Side
"Roe v. Wade continues to work its destructive logic throughout our society This can't continue."
Speech to the Massachusetts Citizens For Life Mother's Day Pioneer Valley Dinner, 5/10/07

http://romneyfacts.com/redblue.php

02-02-2008, 05:02 AM
because you dont like him so you accentuate the flaws you think you find in Mitt while ignoring those same flaws compounding in Mccain. I think its pretty obvious why.

DrJohn
02-02-2008, 05:33 AM
because you dont like him so you accentuate the flaws you think you find in Mitt while ignoring those same flaws compounding in Mccain. I think its pretty obvious why.

So he lies. So does McCain. They are both politicians.

Politicians LIE.

stephanie
02-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Hillary and Obambam lies also..???

so who do we pick...
:dance:

Immanuel
02-02-2008, 06:28 AM
I only read about half of those, but, I didn't see any "lies" in there. What I saw was the view points of a human being and how those viewpoints can change over a given time span.

I am not a supporter of Mitt Romney. However, I wouldn't call any of those statements that I read lies. Call it a flip flop if you want but not a lie.

Since I joined the world of political websites (I'm thinking about 6 or 7 years ago) my positions have changed on many thing as well. Does the fact that when I joined these sites, I considered anyone who supported abortion rights to be pro-abortion anti-child murderers and today believe that it is true that some people can actually support the right to have abortions... but not encourage the use of abortions mean that I am a liar? Seven years ago, if you said you supported abortion rights, I would have considered you a murderer. Today you are just misguided. Seven years ago, I was also very much pro-death sentence... today I see that many of those who have been put to death may in fact have been innocent and maybe we should review our requirements for attaining a death sentence.

Romney may be a flip flopper... and I'm not even sure that is a bad thing... but those statements don't make him a liar. Between you and me, I'd prefer a candidate that is open to changing his point of view when things come to light rather than having his or her statements written on stone tablets found in Palmyra, NY (just a little humor there) and refusing to budge if he or she is wrong.

Immie

-Cp
02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
How come when its involving regular folks they call it "Changing your mind" but when its a politician they call it a "lie" or a "flip flop"?

02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
How come when its involving regular folks they call it "Changing your mind" but when its a politician they call it a "lie" or a "flip flop"?

Because regular folk dont have enemies trying to slander their good name in the pursuit of power.

gabosaurus
02-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I have also heard the name "Multiple Choice Mitt."
Of course, the same people who defend Mitt's current flip flopping were castigating John Kerry for the same thing four years ago.

actsnoblemartin
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
are people not allowed to see the light on abortion

:lol:

02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Of course, the same people who defend Mitt's current flip flopping were castigating John Kerry for the same thing four years ago.

that's because anyone with intelligence can see the difference between changing a position one time and changing a position back and forth every other paragraph.

gabosaurus
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Mitt has obviously done more flopping than you realize. He just did it under the conservative radar.

Yurt
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Mitt has obviously done more flopping than you realize. He just did it under the conservative radar.

:link:

Immanuel
02-02-2008, 11:12 PM

I didn't like Kerry, but, I don't believe I ever attacked him for "flip-flopping". Now, his ideas on giving the sovereignty of this country over to the UN... well, I had a big problem with that.

Immie

typomaniac
02-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't want to be the one to say "I told you so," but...

:dance: :cheers2: :dance:

nevadamedic
02-03-2008, 02:35 AM
:link:

I provided the link at the first post. It's quite amazing some of the public comments he made that contradicted eachother were made on the same day!

Yurt
02-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I provided the link at the first post. It's quite amazing some of the public comments he made that contradicted eachother were made on the same day!

no NM, it is called flip/flopping -- you flip a position, then flop back to the original position. if you bother reading the thread that you created, you would see that the issue is whether he actually flopped back like kerry did. link to that, not a link to simply changing your mind once.