PDA

View Full Version : Senator Ensign Prevents People Here Illegally From Receiving Rebate Checks

nevadamedic
02-02-2008, 04:06 AM
January 30, 2008

Washington, D.C. – People here illegally are no longer eligible to receive tax rebate checks in the Senate’s economic stimulus package, thanks to the efforts of Senator John Ensign. At a Finance Committee meeting today, Ensign proposed an amendment to prohibit rebates for people here illegally, and it was incorporated into the final bill approved by the Committee.

“As a matter of fairness to the American taxpayer and responsibility with the tax dollars they send to Washington, we should not allow the U.S. Treasury to cut a rebate check to people here illegally,” said Ensign. “It rewards illegal behavior.”

Ensign’s proposal closed a loophole in the economic stimulus package by prohibiting the Internal Revenue Service from sending checks to those who do not have a valid Social Security number. If an individual’s name does not match the respective Social Security number, a rebate check would not be sent. An individual could not use an Individual Tax Identification Number to get the rebate.

Senator Ensign worked with Finance Committee members to incorporate his proposal to ensure that illegal immigrants are not eligible for a tax rebate.

More Information
www.ensign.senate.gov

Man I love this guy. He fights for what's right on a daily basis and is one of the nicest guy's you will ever meet.

5stringJeff
02-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm sure he opposes McCain's amnesty bill, though. How do you reconcile those two?

02-02-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm sure he opposes McCain's amnesty bill, though. How do you reconcile those two?

Chances are he opposes every dang bill McCain has authored. I know I would.

nevadamedic
02-02-2008, 02:48 PM

You mean the Kennedy bill? Yes in fact he led the fight against it.

Kathianne
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM

I think that was the McCain-Kennedy bill.

5stringJeff
02-02-2008, 05:46 PM

So again: how can you "love this guy" who "fights for what's right," including fighting against the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill, and still support John McCain, who admitted last week that he would sign the McCain-Kennedy Amnesty bill if it came across his desk as President?

02-02-2008, 06:40 PM

No, he meant the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill. The bill if passed would be the destruction of the Republican party for decades.

gabosaurus
02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
How long has N-M been working for this Ensign guy?
We don't need to see his press releases every day. Thanks. :)

82Marine89
02-03-2008, 12:12 AM

What the fuck is wrong with you? Kool-aid too strong? The McCain-Kennedy Act (http://www.heritage.org/Research/GovernmentReform/em975.cfm) is what it was called. That fuckstick, Juan McCain, you are voting for put a $1500.00 price tag on American citizenship. He spit on my birthright. I truly hope his heart pops before the elections. I despise that asshole and all he stands for. He is a disgrace to America. He has always sold us out to the highest bidder and will continue to do so. I also think you are a piece of shit for defending this fuck and his actions.

Pale Rider
02-03-2008, 09:23 AM
January 30, 2008

Washington, D.C. – People here illegally are no longer eligible to receive tax rebate checks in the Senate’s economic stimulus package, thanks to the efforts of Senator John Ensign. At a Finance Committee meeting today, Ensign proposed an amendment to prohibit rebates for people here illegally, and it was incorporated into the final bill approved by the Committee.

“As a matter of fairness to the American taxpayer and responsibility with the tax dollars they send to Washington, we should not allow the U.S. Treasury to cut a rebate check to people here illegally,” said Ensign. “It rewards illegal behavior.”

Ensign’s proposal closed a loophole in the economic stimulus package by prohibiting the Internal Revenue Service from sending checks to those who do not have a valid Social Security number. If an individual’s name does not match the respective Social Security number, a rebate check would not be sent. An individual could not use an Individual Tax Identification Number to get the rebate.

Senator Ensign worked with Finance Committee members to incorporate his proposal to ensure that illegal immigrants are not eligible for a tax rebate.

More Information
www.ensign.senate.gov

Man I love this guy. He fights for what's right on a daily basis and is one of the nicest guy's you will ever meet.

I think you posting this really accentuates just how fucking retarded you are nm. You've drank yourself into a stupor with mcamnesty kool aide, who has done his level best to sell this country out to the illegals with every fiber of his being, and then there's people like Ensign who have fought for just the opposite, yet you want us to believe you "love this guy," all the while supporting mcamnesty. Well... you can't get anymore fucked up than that nm. You have to be one step away from the sanitarium. What a fucking idiot.

82Marine89
02-03-2008, 10:06 AM
The screwed part is NM will not respond to this. He does his drive-by postings on how Juan McCain is a great guy, but when refuted he just posts more tripe on another thread.

Kathianne
02-03-2008, 10:23 AM
The screwed part is NM will not respond to this. He does his drive-by postings on how Juan McCain is a great guy, but when refuted he just posts more tripe on another thread.

But Waterrescue will come and say something....

Yurt
02-03-2008, 01:18 PM
But Waterrescue will come and say something....

:lol:

Pale Rider
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Well I'll tell ya something else... anybody that gives pos rep to nm should have their fucking head examined.

82Marine89
02-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Well I'll tell ya something else... anybody that gives pos rep to nm should have their fucking head examined.

He's part of the 'rep club'. He's also a drain on society.