PDA

View Full Version : What if Hillary's VP choice is....

theHawk
02-03-2008, 02:53 AM
...Bill Jefferson Clinton? Would B.J. be able to assume the Presidency if she kicked the bucket?

:laugh2:

02-03-2008, 03:07 AM
...Bill Jefferson Clinton? Would B.J. be able to assume the Presidency if she kicked the bucket?

it's illegal.

To be VP you have to qualify to be President. He doesnt because he has already been President Tweice.

Besides, i dont think she would be dumb enough to do so anyway. They've had enough dead bodies pop up in their administration that she would naturally be hesitant to do it.

Kathianne
02-03-2008, 03:47 AM
it's illegal.

To be VP you have to qualify to be President. He doesnt because he has already been President Tweice.

Besides, i dont think she would be dumb enough to do so anyway. They've had enough dead bodies pop up in their administration that she would naturally be hesitant to do it.

Has that ever been settled? If he has left office, in this case for 8 years, can he not serve again?

stephanie
02-03-2008, 03:57 AM

You need a swift kick just for posting this nightmare of a post...:slap:

Nuc
02-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Is it a legal fact that he is not eligible? Perhaps he can serve and in the event they need a new president they go to the Speaker of the House and he remains BP. Why not?

Kathianne
02-03-2008, 04:08 AM
I just went to read it, doesn't sound all that ambiguous:

Amendment 22 - Presidential Term Limits

1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President, when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Nuc
02-03-2008, 04:13 AM
Devil's Advocate-don't they just need a clear line of succession? As long as it's implied that BJ can't become president again and must remain VP while Speaker of the House succeeds to the presidency after Rush Limbaugh assassinates Hillary on his show, wouldn't that still work?

Kathianne
02-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Devil's Advocate-don't they just need a clear line of succession? As long as it's implied that BJ can't become president again and must remain VP while Speaker of the House succeeds to the presidency after Rush Limbaugh assassinates Hillary on his show, wouldn't that still work?

Theoretically perhaps, don't think the people would go for that ticket. I don't think it's just Clinton either, although they may be the only ones with that kind of chutzpah. No matter how 'loved' a president may be, I think we're all happy after a few weeks of their being 'out.'

JohnDoe
02-03-2008, 09:48 AM
hmmmm, maybe there is a way "out" .....or a way "in" for Bill....

The 22nd amendment says that a president can not be elected president more than twice.

being a vp, with the president being killed or impeached or naturally die while in office the vp would become president thru succession, not thru election.

sooooooooooo, I really wonder on this....????

Though I did hear a constitutional law Professor the other day speak on this and he said that Bill COULD NOT become vp....

jd

chesswarsnow
02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But the real question is thus:
2. If Bill did get on the ticket, and they won, would he have Hillary bumped off to see if he can assend to *The Presidency*?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
if she is stupid enough to pick anybody than Obama, it won't matter anyway, since she will finish a low third in a two person race......