PDA

View Full Version : Giants win!!!

jackass
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
The Giants shock the world (well most anyway) with a huge upset over the Pats!!

Dilloduck
02-04-2008, 12:17 AM

Hell of a game. Awesome defense.

02-04-2008, 12:49 AM
it was an amazing last quarter. I didnt think they would pull it off.

Dilloduck
02-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm waiting to hear how Manning shoulda been called "in the grasp" on that duck he threw up.

dan
02-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Great game, one of the better Super Bowls I've seen in a long time.

diuretic
02-04-2008, 03:20 AM

It got huge media (tv and press) coverage here in Oz, was live on a free to air channel.

Sitarro
02-04-2008, 03:54 AM

I thought the Superbowl was a football game, why were the San Francisco Giants playing in it? Who are the Pats, some Irish baseball team?

AFbombloader
02-04-2008, 06:56 AM
Congrats from a diehard Patriots fan. :beer:

Nukeman
02-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Congrats from a diehard Patriots fan. :beer:
I gotta ask.... Did you get any sleep last night watching the game? A certain young man you know very well was a little upset!!!!! I think he's dong better today!!! Anyway sory for your luck I know how much you enjoy the Patriots.... Have a great day...:cheers2:

Immanuel
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
This is why football is the greatest sport ever invented. A football game can turn around in an instance. It is always exciting. Even with only the 35 seconds left on the clock after the Giants scored, the game wasn't over. There was that fleeting thought about maybe Brady could pull off another miracle and get the Pats at least in field goal range. No other sport packs as much punch into a game as Football.

Once again, congrats to the Giants and their fans. I was a doubter, but even though the first three quarters were "slow" in football standards that made the game that much more exciting at the end.

I'm sorry to the the perfect season end so suddenly, but then again if the outcome of the game were set in stone before the game was played, it wouldn't be worth watching.

Immie

Abbey Marie
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
J, we believed even when they called us idiots for believing. You and I really need to share a Stella now!!! I was so excited by our win, that I got up and shaved my legs. :laugh2:

SuuuuuuuuuuuWeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackass
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
J, we belived even when they called us idiots for believing. You and I really need to share a Stella now!!! I was so excited by our win, that I got up and shaved my legs. :laugh2:

SuuuuuuuuuuuWeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOhh I cant WAIT to see certain people that said the Giants had absolutely no chance to win this game. People who said the Giants had a false sense of confidence from the last game of the season. No they just had confidence!! :D

We definetly have to have that Stella!

<---whistles at shaved legs :)

Abbey Marie
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
OOOhh I cant WAIT to see certain people that said the Giants had absolutely no chance to win this game. People who said the Giants had a false sense of confidence from the last game of the season. No they just had confidence!! :D

We definetly have to have that Stella!

<---whistles at shaved legs :)

Did you see Burress crying? It kills me when men cry...

jackass
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I did and I was happy for him.

It wasnt a TO like cry either! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I did and I was happy for him.

It wasnt a TO like cry either! :laugh2:

Heck no! :laugh2:

AFbombloader
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
I gotta ask.... Did you get any sleep last night watching the game? A certain young man you know very well was a little upset!!!!! I think he's dong better today!!! Anyway sory for your luck I know how much you enjoy the Patriots.... Have a great day...:cheers2:

The game came on at 8 in the morning on Monday. I waS UP TILL 4 am drinking beer (don't tell Kim) and got about 3 1/2 hours sleep before the game. I was going to go the the day room and watch it on the big screen with a bunch of guys but never made it off the recliner in my room.

Jake was worried he was going to get a bunch of shit at school. I told him to have thick skin and tell all the Colts fans their team didn't even get past the divisional round.

Later

eighballsidepocket
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
As a die-hard Raiders fan going all the way back to the AFL days, the defeat of Brady and the Pat's, was in some indirect way, a soothing balm to me for the old, "Tuck Rule", that saved the Patriot's behinds years ago, sending them to the Super Bowl and the Oakland Raiders home for the season.

Also, Eli Manning has gotten so much guff and criticism which was probably more than normal, when your older bro is a super bowl winning quarterback.

It was great to see Eli, come on strong in the latter part of the season, and see those Giants win one road/away game after another in very hostile conditions........Weather (Green Bay), Crowds (Dallas).

I'm not down-playing the Pat's as a good team. They are something else. I just get tired of the media's frenzy at pushing infallibility on the Patriots.

Good old, hardnosed, aggressive defense from the Giants prevailed.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I came across this and thought it nice:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3222397

Thursday, January 31, 2008
Source of inspiration: Injured soldier produces Giant emotions
By Greg Garber
ESPN.com

Greg Gadson
The Giants and coach Tom Coughlin (right) have rallied around Iraqi war veteran Greg Gadson.

PHOENIX -- To date, the United States has 3,940 confirmed deaths in Iraq. Back in May, U.S. Army Lt. Col. Greg Gadson, a battalion leader, very nearly found himself on that list. An IED (improvised explosive device) thoroughly shattered his body. Only 70 pints of blood, the exceptional field work of men in his 1st Infantry Division and the skill of doctors saved his life.

His legs weren't so fortunate.

The New York Giants, however, consider themselves blessed to have made this double-amputee's acquaintance. They credit Gadson, who played football at Army with New York wide receivers coach Mike Sullivan, with helping to salvage their season and making it something approaching superb. His stirring pregame speeches and his living example of courage and perseverance have inspired them all the way to Super Bowl XLII.

jackass
02-09-2008, 09:22 PM
I read about him. They really credit him with turning around their season.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I read about him. They really credit him with turning around their season.

Well it would have been more timely last week, but I just saw it today. ;)