PDA

View Full Version : Well... Super Tuesday Is Here...

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
... and I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting to hear just how bad jaun mcamnesty gets his ass kicked today. Then the Republican party can fully get behind either Mitt Romney or Ron Paul, and mcillegal can get his ass on down the road to the retirement home for liberals.

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
... and I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting to hear just how bad jaun mcamnesty gets his ass kicked today. Then the Republican party can fully get behind either Mitt Romney or Ron Paul, and mcillegal can get his ass on down the road to the retirement home for liberals.

CA will decide if McCain leads the Republican party over the cliff in November. The polls show an average lead for McCain of .03%

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
CA will decide if McCain leads the Republican party over the cliff in November. The polls show an average lead for McCain of .03%

I wonder if that's old data, because I last heard people were baffled why mccain didn't spend more time there, and Romney picked up a 4% lead in the polls. Heard that last night. I'm calling Romney will win Cal. Also, Fox News had it's "focus groups" on last night, one for the repubs and one for the dems, and they asked the repub group who was voting for mccain, and only three people out of about thirty said yes. When asked why, they answered with the spoon fed reasons the liberal media has been pumping down people's throats. There's a real hatred for mccain out there, and I think it's more universal than you will EVER hear the liberal MSM tell you.

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
I wonder if that's old data, because I last heard that people were baffled why mccain didn't spend more time there, and Romney picked up a 4% lead in the polls. Heard that last night. I'm calling Romney will win Cal.

Not old data PR. We can only hope the conservatives in CA see McCain for the liberal he is

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/california-primary.html

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Not old data PR. We can only hope the conservatives in CA see McCain for the liberal he is

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/california-primary.html

I guess it depends on what poll you look at. That's why I really don't like polls...

Reuters/CSpan/Zogby 02/03 - 02/04 833 LV 33 40 12 3 Romney +7.0

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:38 AM
I guess it depends on what poll you look at. That's why I really don't like polls...

Reuters/CSpan/Zogby 02/03 - 02/04 833 LV 33 40 12 3 Romney +7.0

It is the average I was looking at PR - and it can't get any closer then it is right now

The poll that counts will be going on all day today - and I hope McLiberal loses for the sake of my party

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:43 AM
It is the average I was looking at PR - and it can't get any closer then it is right now

The poll that counts will be going on all day today - and I hope McLiberal loses for the sake of my party

Well it'll all be over soon my friend. I'll be listening to the TV all day. If mccain wins, I will no longer associate myself with the Republican party. I will register either independent or libertarian.

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Well it'll all be over soon my friend. I'll be listening to the TV all day. If mccain wins, I will no longer associate myself with the Republican party. I will register either independent or libertarian.

Much like we had to do after the 96 election, we will have to band together and clean up the mess from a Hillary or Obama administration

Our party cannot become another version of the Dem party - and that is what McCain is doing to us

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Much like we had to do after the 96 election, we will have to band together and clean up the mess from a Hillary or Obama administration

Our party cannot become another version of the Dem party - and that is what McCain is doing to us

And again, I'll be done with it. I want no part of a party that props up and elects amnesty supporting, free speech attacking, tax cut opposing, liberal bastards like mclame.

Classact
02-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Well it'll all be over soon my friend. I'll be listening to the TV all day. If mccain wins, I will no longer associate myself with the Republican party. I will register either independent or libertarian.I think if CA was in a time zone to vote before the east coast Romney could have a landslide, but am concerned about the moderate left leaning Republicans in the NE giving McCain a boost that could flow west with the sun. God I hope I'm wrong!

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
I think if CA was in a time zone to vote before the east coast Romney could have a landslide, but am concerned about the moderate left leaning Republicans in the NE giving McCain a boost that could flow west with the sun. God I hope I'm wrong!

I hope Californians are independent enough not to give a hoot what the liberals on the east coast do, because I think Romney can win Cal. In fact, if they hear mccain is winning in the east, more Californians just might vote for Romney in spite of them.

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
And again, I'll be done with it. I want no part of a party that props up and elects amnesty supporting, free speech attacking, tax cut opposing, liberal bastards like mclame.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater PR. There are stil many of us in the party who are conservatives and see McCain for what he is

I believe many are putting winning above what the party stands for. Mitt may pull it out and take the process all the way to the convention

red states rule
02-05-2008, 07:54 AM
I hope Californians are independent enough not to give a hoot what the liberals on the east coast do, because I think Romney can win Cal.

Conservatives on the left coast know full well how libs think. Hell they live with them PR

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater PR. There are stil many of us in the party who are conservatives and see McCain for what he is

I believe many are putting winning above what the party stands for. Mitt may pull it out and take the process all the way to the convention

The republican party will be in a shambles if mccain wins rsr. It'll be the biggest break up of a party the United States will ever see. If there's people liberal enough to vote for mccain in the republican party, then they need to break off and start their own party or something. We're going to have to regroup, because if they do nothing, I'm done with them, and I won't be alone. There's going to be a mass exodus from the republican party by alienated conservatives.

Who knows... this may be just what the country needs. Finaly we'll have enough people behind a movement to create a new, viable, third party with enough people to break this dem, repub monopoly.

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
The republican party will be in a shambles if mccain wins rsr. It'll be the biggest break up of a party the United States will ever see. If there's people liberal enough to vote for mccain in the republican party, then they need to break off and start their own party or something. We're going to have to regroup, because if they do nothing, I'm done with them, and I won't be alone. There's going to be a mass exodus from the republican party by alienated conservatives.

Who knows... this may be just what the country needs. Finaly we'll have enough people behind a movement to create a new, viable, third party with enough people to break this dem, repub monopoly.

On the other hand, we can try and take back the party like Reagan did from the country club Republicans who backed Ford

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
On the other hand, we can try and take back the party like Reagan did from the country club Republicans who backed Ford

would you try to do that in the wake of the '08 general election?

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:18 AM
would you try to do that in the wake of the '08 general election?

If McCain wins - we will have to, All the glowing coverage from the liberal media will stop, and the Dems who were saying what a great manhe is, will take out their knives

McCain is to stupid to see how the left is playing him for a fool

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Even with him ahead in the polls, McCain is just as obnoxious as Hillary and Obama

Sore Winner? McCain Disses Romney, Santorum, Cochran
By Mark Finkelstein | February 5, 2008 - 08:04 ET
You'd think a man who might be on the verge of taking a giant step toward winning the Republican nomination would go out of his way to be gracious. But John McCain couldn't suppress his spiteful streak on this morning's Today.

In the course of his interview by Matt Lauer, the Today co-anchor cited criticism of McCain by former and current Senate colleagues Rick Santorum and Thad Cochran. McCain retaliated with a personal swipe at their reputations, and later declined to describe Mitt Romney as a fine man.

JOHN MCCAIN: I have very close relationships [with Senators], close friendships, and so many of them are with me and campaigning with me. And in all due respect to a couple of those people who are criticizing me [as a scornful smile came to his lips], they're not the most respected members of the United States Senate.

A bit later, McCain managed to make a slyly invidious comparison between Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.

MATT LAUER: If you get close to the number of delegates you need by this time tomorrow to win the nomination, do you expect any kind of magnanimous gesture from Mitt Romney, considering the tone of this campaign over the last several weeks?

MCCAIN: Well, I would hope so. I know there would be from Governor Huckabee if he doesn't win cause he's a very, very fine man.

Subtle, John, subtle.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/02/05/sore-winner-mccain-disses-romney-santorum-cochran

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:36 AM
If McCain wins - we will have to, All the glowing coverage from the liberal media will stop, and the Dems who were saying what a great manhe is, will take out their knives

McCain is to stupid to see how the left is playing him for a fool

and conservatives cannot swallow deeply enough to vote for him over Hillary or Obama?

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:38 AM
and conservatives cannot swallow deeply enough to vote for him over Hillary or Obama?

What would be the difference?

All 3 oppose tax cuts, want amnesty for illegals, want to violate free speech with preventing folks from running ads 90 and 30 days out from an election, want to close GOTMO and give terrorists access to the Federal Courts

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:40 AM
What would be the difference?

All 3 oppose tax cuts, want amnesty for illegals, want to violate free speech with preventing folks from running ads 90 and 30 days out from an election, want to close GOTMO and give terrorists access to the Federal Courts

one huge difference would be nominations to the court....

and I thought Gates came out last month and stated that HE wanted to close GITMO too.:coffee:

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
one huge difference would be nominations to the court....

and I thought Gates came out last month and stated that HE wanted to close GITMO too.:coffee:

McCain supported Ginsburg - enough said

As well as McCain leading the gang of 14 to undermine Pres Bush's nomations to the court

Gates is wrong on GITMO as well.

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM

As well as McCain leading the gang of 14 to undermine Pres Bush's nomations to the court

hey...I like your attitude. I hope that you and all your "muscular conservative" buddies stay home on election day.

And I think it's funny that you think you are more knowledgeable about the war on terror that the secretary of defense!

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:47 AM
hey...I like your attitude. I hope that you and all your "muscular conservative" buddies stay home on election day.

And I think it's funny that you think you are more knowledgeable about the war on terror that the secretary of defense!

McCaion is your ticket to the WH - that is hwy you guys love him. That love will stop the moment he gets the nomination

For the last year, you have proclaimed you are smarter then the Commanders on the ground

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:52 AM
McCaion is your ticket to the WH - that is hwy you guys love him. That love will stop the moment he gets the nomination

For the last year, you have proclaimed you are smarter then the Commanders on the ground

I have never once proclaimed myself smarter than the commanders on the ground.

I have, however, suggested that I was smarter than you.

And you are quite right.... democrats are licking their chops at the thought of a McCain candidacy....but I think that Romney would have a tough time bringing out the religious conservatives and Huckabee would have a hard time bringing out anyone but the religious conservatives.....I think all of your boys have big liabilities... and I like it.

Hey.... quite a show your boy Rudy put on in Florida!...and then when he appear with McCain and Ahnold in "Carlifornia" it was a hoot.... do you think he could be any more obvious that he'd love the VP spot? :laugh2:

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I have never once proclaimed myself smarter than the commanders on the ground.

I have, however, suggested that I was smarter than you.

And you are quite right.... democrats are licking their chops at the thought of a McCain candidacy....but I think that Romney would have a tough time bringing out the religious conservatives and Huckabee would have a hard time bringing out anyone but the religious conservatives.....I think all of your boys have big liabilities... and I like it.

Hey.... quite a show your boy Rudy put on in Florida!...and then when he appear with McCain and Ahnold in "Carlifornia" it was a hoot.... do you think he could be any more obvious that he'd love the VP spot? :laugh2:

You have dismissed every article from anyone serving in Iraq that has talked about the progress in Iraq

McCain is being led to slaughter by the left and the liberal media - and thanks for confirming it

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
You have dismissed every article from anyone serving in Iraq that has talked about the progress in Iraq

McCain is being led to slaughter by the left and the liberal media - and thanks for confirming it

I have NEVER dismissed any reports from commanders on the ground.

Oh...and you're welcome. But hey.... you guys coulda picked Rudy!

red states rule
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I have NEVER dismissed any reports from commanders on the ground.

Oh...and you're welcome. But hey.... you guys coulda picked Rudy!

Another lie from the lib form Maine. Everytime I posted an article from one of the men serving in Iraq you dismissed it

If it covered the progress and pointed out how the Dems were wrong on the US losing in Iraq, you called it another cut and paste

McCain has not won yet MM, so like your dreams of surrrender in Iraq, your dreams of McCain being your ticket to the WH might not happen

retiredman
02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Another lie from the lib form Maine. Everytime I posted an article from one of the men serving in Iraq you dismissed it

If it covered the progress and pointed out how the Dems were wrong on the US losing in Iraq, you called it another cut and paste

McCain has not won yet MM, so like your dreams of surrrender in Iraq, your dreams of McCain being your ticket to the WH might not happen

was it from one of the commanders of the forces? no. I can disagree with an op-ed piece from a soldier who has served in Iraq without thinking that I am smarter than the commanders on the ground.

by the way, do you think that you are "smarter" than SECDEF Gates?

And again...I think that you have real problems getting the religious right out to vote for a mormon who has flip flopped on abortion and gay marriage...and I think you have a problem getting anyone but the religious right to come out for Huck.... I think you have problems across your field of candidates...

too bad Rudy sucked so bad, eh?

red states rule
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
was it from one of the commanders of the forces? no. I can disagree with an op-ed piece from a soldier who has served in Iraq without thinking that I am smarter than the commanders on the ground.

by the way, do you think that you are "smarter" than SECDEF Gates?

And again...I think that you have real problems getting the religious right out to vote for a mormon who has flip flopped on abortion and gay marriage...and I think you have a problem getting anyone but the religious right to come out for Huck.... I think you have problems across your field of candidates...

too bad Rudy sucked so bad, eh?

I posted an article from Lt. Col. Bill Cowan on another thread, and you dismissed it

Even after I posted his background you still tried to ignore it

As far as Romney, he is far better then the typical tax and sopend liberals your side is putting up. Dems will have the same results as Pres Peanut had with a liberal run Congress - then we will have to come back and clean up the mess

retiredman
02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I posted an article from Lt. Col. Bill Cowan on another thread, and you dismissed it

Even after I posted his background you still tried to ignore it

As far as Romney, he is far better then the typical tax and sopend liberals your side is putting up. Dems will have the same results as Pres Peanut had with a liberal run Congress - then we will have to come back and clean up the mess

I never "dismissed it", I disagreed with it. Like you disagree with the secretary of defense.

I understand that you don't like any of the democrats. that is not the point. the point is: republicans will "vote" by sitting on their asses this election.

you guys shoulda picked Mr. 9/11!

02-05-2008, 10:01 AM

we wont stay home. We just might not vote for McCain. but you cant stop us from voting for other conservatives on the ticket in local government.

glockmail
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I never "dismissed it", I disagreed with it. Like you disagree with the secretary of defense....

When RSR disagrees with the SECDEF you state that RSR thinks he is smarter than Gates. When you disagree with Lt. Col. Bill Cowan you claim that you are simply entitled to your opinion.

This is known as Liberal Logic.

Classact
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I never "dismissed it", I disagreed with it. Like you disagree with the secretary of defense.

I understand that you don't like any of the democrats. that is not the point. the point is: republicans will "vote" by sitting on their asses this election.

you guys shoulda picked Mr. 9/11!It seems your state overwhelmingly went for Gov. Romney to the tune of 52% I think?

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
And you are quite right.... democrats are licking their chops at the thought of a McCain candidacy....

Finally... a demorcat with the guts to admit it.

nevadamedic
02-05-2008, 01:06 PM

Actually the Gang of 14 was to secure the President's nominations to the court, try again.

Classact
02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Actually the Gang of 14 was to secure the President's nominations to the court, try again.Actually the gang of 14 was a bi partisan group of senators that formed to try to stop the Nuclear Option... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option_%28filibuster%29

It was in fact a compromise that was much better to protect minority members, which at the time was the Democratic Party, but the overall concern was the future...

The gang of 14 overall in my opinion was a good alternative of changing Senate rules... But there is nothing to keep the Democrats in the future to use the Nuclear Option to ramrod liberal justices into the court without similar cooperation.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Actually the gang of 14 was a bi partisan group of senators that formed to try to stop the Nuclear Option... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option_%28filibuster%29

It was in fact a compromise that was much better to protect minority members, which at the time was the Democratic Party, but the overall concern was the future...

The gang of 14 overall in my opinion was a good alternative of changing Senate rules... But there is nothing to keep the Democrats in the future to use the Nuclear Option to ramrod liberal justices into the court without similar cooperation.

the concept of the gang of 14 i thought was pretty cool and i agree with what they did....

as for justice apointees....to the victor goes the spoils.....

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
AhaAAA! California is a winner take all state. Maybe Romney will carry the day. That's 170 delegates.

But, I've already heard talk of "revamping" the primary system today.

Kathianne
02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
AhaAAA! California is a winner take all state. Maybe Romney will carry the day. That's 170 delegates.

I thought CA was proportional?

02-05-2008, 01:39 PM
I thought CA was proportional?

its winner take all by congressional district and i believe there are some delegates for the over all winner.

Kathianne
02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
its winner take all by congressional district and i believe there are some delegates for the over all winner.

Yep, that's what I found! Thanks.

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 01:46 PM

They didn't say "by congressional district," just winner take all. Thanks avatar. Just goes to show you can't believe everything you hear on TV.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
in california....if memory serves .... i think pub is proportional and dem is winner take all.....

nevadamedic
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually the gang of 14 was a bi partisan group of senators that formed to try to stop the Nuclear Option... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option_%28filibuster%29

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichaelMedved/2008/01/23/six_big_lies_about_john_mccain

LIE #3: John McCain organized “The Gang of Fourteen” to Block the Confirmation of Conservative Judges.

TRUTH: John McCain organized “The Gang of Fourteen” to win- not to block -the Confirmation of Conservative Judges, and his efforts succeeded in the Senate.

This group of seven Republicans and Seven Democrats (representing a full 14% of the US Senate, obviously) ultimately broke the logjam that had delayed confirmation of some of the most conservative nominees of President Bush. Because of McCain’s leadership, Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Samuel Alito won Supreme Court confirmation without filibuster from the Democrats. He also secured the previously blocked confirmations of Appellate Judges William Pryor, Janice Rogers Brown, Priscilla Owen, and Brett Kavanaugh, previously filibustered by Democrats. At the same time, McCain and his “gang” managed to protect the right to filibuster – an important tool with obvious value now that Republicans find themselves in the minority. McCain has never opposed a Republican nominee for the Supreme Court; unlike some of his prominent fellow Republicans, he actively supported the nomination of Judge Robert Bork. His disagreement with Senate Republican leader Bill Frist on the “Gang of Fourteen” issues involved questions of tactics, not the goal of securing a judiciary that honors the principles of strict construction.

Yurt
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
LIE #3: John McCain organized “The Gang of Fourteen” to Block the Confirmation of Conservative Judges.

TRUTH: John McCain organized “The Gang of Fourteen” to win- not to block -the Confirmation of Conservative Judges, and his efforts succeeded in the Senate.

This group of seven Republicans and Seven Democrats (representing a full 14% of the US Senate, obviously) ultimately broke the logjam that had delayed confirmation of some of the most conservative nominees of President Bush. Because of McCain’s leadership, Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Samuel Alito won Supreme Court confirmation without filibuster from the Democrats. He also secured the previously blocked confirmations of Appellate Judges William Pryor, Janice Rogers Brown, Priscilla Owen, and Brett Kavanaugh, previously filibustered by Democrats. At the same time, McCain and his “gang” managed to protect the right to filibuster – an important tool with obvious value now that Republicans find themselves in the minority. McCain has never opposed a Republican nominee for the Supreme Court; unlike some of his prominent fellow Republicans, he actively supported the nomination of Judge Robert Bork. His disagreement with Senate Republican leader Bill Frist on the “Gang of Fourteen” issues involved questions of tactics, not the goal of securing a judiciary that honors the principles of strict construction.

link up, no way you wrote that

retiredman
02-05-2008, 03:14 PM
When RSR disagrees with the SECDEF you state that RSR thinks he is smarter than Gates. When you disagree with Lt. Col. Bill Cowan you claim that you are simply entitled to your opinion.

This is known as Liberal Logic.

not so...he started this by claiming that I had been saying that I was smarter than the commanders in Iraq...I disagreed and asked him if he thought he was smarter than Gates.

This is known as republican selective comprehension.... you read enough to think you can get a dig in on me...but never bother to give your buddies the same level of "scrutiny".

mrg666
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
not so...he started this by claiming that I had been saying that I was smarter than the commanders in Iraq...I disagreed and asked him if he thought he was smarter than Gates.

This is known as republican selective comprehension.... you read enough to think you can get a dig in on me...but never bother to give your buddies the same level of "scrutiny".

shut up !

Immanuel
02-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Sorry, but it is too late for that now. That happened when we elected GWB, I was just too blind to see it.

Immie

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry, but it is too late for that now. That happened when we elected GWB, I was just too blind to see it.

Immie

I hear that. I voted for bush myself, twice, and have never regretted a vote more in my life.

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM

McCain isn't pulling off this hijacking by himself. Time to ask yourself who is the real power behind him. Are Republicans so solidly behind the WOT that they are willing to sacrifice everything and how is that gonna play out in the general election when Hillary is going to claim the she will pull out all the troops in Iraq in 60 days ?

manu1959
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
McCain isn't pulling off this hijacking by himself. Time to ask yourself who is the real power behind him. Are Republicans so solidly behind the WOT that they are willing to sacrifice everything and how is that gonna play out in the general election when Hillary is going to claim the she will pull out all the troops in Iraq in 60 days ?

and further ..... whatever mccain is selling the people are buying ..... because if there wasn't a market for it he wouldn't be selling it...

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM

The liberals are all behind mccain, 100%. They know if he gets the repub nod, then a dem will win in a land slide for President, and it won't matter who it is. mccain is a sure loser on the repub ticket. Just ask liberals like leiberman, who stands behind mccain at every event. mccain is a pawn, and he's too fucking stupid to see it. The dems are playing him like a two bit piano.

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
and further ..... whatever mccain is selling the people are buying ..... because if there wasn't a market for it he wouldn't be selling it...

The media can create a market for bat shit.

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 03:55 PM
The liberals are all behind mccain, 100%. They know if he gets the repub nod, then a dem will win in a land slide for President, and it won't matter who it is. mccain is a sure loser on the repub ticket. Just ask liberals like leiberman, who stands behind mccain at every event. mccain is a pawn, and he's too fucking stupid to see it. The dems are playing him like a two bit piano.

The liberal support wouldn't mean shit if the GOP establishment and media weren't backing McCain 100 %

Immanuel
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I hear that. I voted for bush myself, twice, and have never regretted a vote more in my life.

I voted for him twice as well, but as for regretting it... well, the regret would be paled in comparison to a vote for McCain. Not going to happen from me. But, I am afraid this will mean a free ticket to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for the Dem nominee which is why I think that Dems are all screaming for McCain.

Two years ago, I didn't think Hillary had a prayer to return to the White House, now I'm beginning to think that the cards are falling into place for her.

What do you know about New Zealand? ;) j/k I'm not leaving the U.S.

Immie

manu1959
02-05-2008, 04:03 PM
The media can create a market for bat shit.

bullshit....people see in various candidates what they see....i don't know anyone personally that belives the media....no one trust them......in fact the media is mercelisly bashing mccain yet he continues to survive and even gain support....romney is beaten up constantly yet his support grows.....hillary is ripped to shreds daily and her support grows....same with obama...he is muslim he is black...blah blah blah....

i tell you the media drum pounding falls on deaf ears....

mccain is a centrist and works across the aisle....he is looking for a reasonable not an extreme solution to immigration felons....and a hard line approach to the war...and no more pork and fiscal responsibility.....

that approach seems to match up with a lot of people.....

is it possible that the "conservatives" and the "liberals" are out of touch....

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:04 PM
The liberal support wouldn't mean shit if the GOP establishment and media weren't backing McCain 100 %

That's why I'm very interested to see how today turns out. There's a lot of true conservatives out there that wouldn't vote for mccain on a bet, regardless of how much the liberal media gushes over him. I hope they send the sons a bitch a message today, like get the hell out of the race LOSER!

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I voted for him twice as well, but as for regretting it... well, the regret would be paled in comparison to a vote for McCain. Not going to happen from me. But, I am afraid this will mean a free ticket to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave for the Dem nominee which is why I think that Dems are all screaming for McCain.

Two years ago, I didn't think Hillary had a prayer to return to the White House, now I'm beginning to think that the cards are falling into place for her.

What do you know about New Zealand? ;) j/k I'm not leaving the U.S.

Immie

Mexico for me... :D

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
bullshit....people see in various candidates what they see....i don't know anyone personally that belives the media....no one trust them......in fact the media is mercelisly bashing mccain yet he continues to survive and even gain support....romney is beaten up constantly yet his support grows.....hillary is ripped to shreds daily and her support grows....same with obama...he is muslim he is black...blah blah blah....

mccain is a centrist and works across the aisle....he is looking for a reasonable not an extreme solution to immigration felons....and a hard line approach to the war...and no more pork and fiscal responsibility.....

People see what the media shows them. It is all filtered.

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:08 PM

You keep calling mccain a "centrist." If that's what he is, then he certainly isn't a "republican." Shouldn't he be running as an "independent?"

retiredman
02-05-2008, 04:16 PM

me too! My wife and I are torn between San Miguel and Oaxaca.

She was already to pull the trigger on a house in San Miguel early last year, but the deal fell through and now she's having second thoughts and thinking Oaxaca might be even better. Sometimes, I'm just along for the ride in decisions like this! lol

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
You keep calling mccain a "centrist." If that's what he is, then he certainly isn't a "republican." Shouldn't he be running as an "independent?"

Amnesty is centrist ?? yikes

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Amnesty isn't even "American."

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
me too! My wife and I are torn between San Miguel and Oaxaca.

She was already to pull the trigger on a house in San Miguel early last year, but the deal fell through and now she's having second thoughts and thinking Oaxaca might be even better. Sometimes, I'm just along for the ride in decisions like this! lol

I think my girlfriend and I are going to do some exploring in Mexico this year, and taking Spanish is definitely on the agenda.

Have you ever heard anything about that "Rosetta Stone?" I wonder if it's as good as they claim.

glockmail
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Nice spin but my accusation is dead on.

theHawk
02-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I think my girlfriend and I are going to do some exploring in Mexico this year, and taking Spanish is definitely on the agenda.

Have you ever heard anything about that "Rosetta Stone?" I wonder if it's as good as they claim.

I just bought Rosetta Stone to brush up on my Japanese. Its pretty good. Its all done through audio/visuals and all you do is mouse click on the right picture. Believe it or not, it works really well. The theory is thats how we all learned our native language. There are NO translations into English, but the amazing thing is that you still understand exactly what they are saying.

After I'm done with that one I plan on gettig Korean to brush up on that or to get a language I've never studied, like Arabic.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM

in my opinion the only conservative on the republican side is paul......the rest should find a different party banner to run under.....that said the party is what the voters say it is and at them moment that is somehwere between what mccain is and what romney is......which means most folk that are right of romney are sol.....

manu1959
02-05-2008, 05:14 PM

you really should read what mccain's posistion is and stop reading old media reports.....

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
you really should read what mccain's posistion is and stop reading old media reports.....

I wasn't aware he had changed it. It's not the McCain-Kennedy postition anymore ? How convenient ! :laugh2:

manu1959
02-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I wasn't aware he had changed it. It's not the McCain-Kennedy postition anymore ? How convenient ! :laugh2:

he changed it a while ago ..... all yall screamed and he backed of citizenship amnesty .... he still won't deport them .... he wants a "worker" program ....

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
he changed it a while ago ..... all yall screamed and he backed of citizenship amnesty .... he still won't deport them .... he wants a "worker" program ....

On the Issues / On The Issues / Issues / Home

Border Security & Immigration Reform

Immigration is one of those challenging issues that touch on many aspects of American life.
I have always believed that our border must be secure and that the federal government has utterly failed in its responsibility to ensure that it is secure. If we have learned anything from the recent immigration debate, it is that Americans have little trust that their government will honor a pledge to do the things necessary to make the border secure.

As president, I will secure the border. I will restore the trust Americans should have in the basic competency of their government. A secure border is an essential element of our national security. Tight border security includes not just the entry and exit of people, but also the effective screening of cargo at our ports and other points of entry.

But a secure border will contribute to addressing our immigration problem most effectively if we also:

Recognize the importance of building strong allies in Mexico and Latin America who reject the siren call of authoritarians like Hugo Chavez, support freedom and democracy, and seek strong domestic economies with abundant economic opportunities for their citizens.

Recognize the importance of pro-growth policies -- keeping government spending in check, holding down taxes, and cutting unnecessary regulatory burdens -- so American businesses can hire and pay the best.

Recognize the importance of a flexible labor market to keep employers in business and our economy on top. It should provide skilled Americans and immigrants with opportunity. Our education system should ensure skills for our younger workers, and our retraining and assistance programs for displaced workers must be modernized so they can pursue those opportunities

Recognize the importance of assimilation of our immigrant population, which includes learning English, American history and civics, and respecting the values of a democratic society.

Recognize that America will always be that "shining city upon a hill," a beacon of hope and opportunity for those seeking a better life built on hard work and optimism.
Border security and our failed immigration system are more examples of an ailing Washington culture in need of reform to regain the trust of Americans. In too many areas -- from immigration and pork barrel spending to Social Security, health care, energy security and tax relief -- business-as-usual politics prevents addressing the important challenges facing our nation.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm

I find it intersting when people such as McCain and Clinton speak of Washington as being broken as if they somehow weren't PART of the broken system. Nice try, senators !! :laugh2:

manu1959
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm

I find it intersting when people such as McCain and Clinton speak of Washington as being broken as if they somehow weren't PART of the broken system. Nice try, senators !! :laugh2:

and in a nut shell you have why senators have only ever been elected to the pres twice i think .... with the last one being jfk ..... they are part of the problem ....

and this is why you watch obama distancing himself from the senate and point out hillary's ideas are 16 years old and didn't work once before and romney saying he is not part of the broken system ....

so if the left wants change obama makes sense and if the right wants change romney makes sense....

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
and in a nut shell you have why senators have only ever been elected to the pres twice i think .... with the last one being jfk ..... they are part of the problem ....

and this is why you watch obama distancing himself from the senate and point out hillary's ideas are 16 years old and didn't work once before and romney saying he is not part of the broken system ....

so if the left wants change obama makes sense and if the right wants change romney makes sense....

That's how I see it but I don't think people want change as much as they want they want their own party in control. We haven't progressed any further than Rs and Ds. yet----

manu1959
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
That's how I see it but I don't think people want change as much as they want they want their own party in control. We haven't progressed any further than Rs and Ds. yet----

i think "people" want change.....the parties don't....

imagine if you were in charge of this big family we call america .....

the answers seem so obvious yet we continue to do things that are not in the best intrests of our family members.....

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
i think "people" want change.....the parties don't....

imagine if you were in charge of this big family we call america .....

the answers seem so obvious yet we continue to do things that are not in the best intrests of our family members.....

Agreed----one would think we would disown our "parents" and take care of each other.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Agreed----one would think we would disown our "parents" and take care of each other.

true but our system requires we select a leader and as with anything there will always be those that do not like the leader picked or their ideas but good family members try to be part of the solution....being part of the problem and or a critic really doesn't help much.....this is why i belive the bickering extremes are being tuned out and why you are now wathcing them become more shrill.....

soros and code pinkin along with malkin coulter limbagh and dobson are going bat shit.....

the reasonable crowd may yet get control of this country yet....

Immanuel
02-05-2008, 07:19 PM

Mexico is a fine place to visit, but the corrupt police force doesn't make it a safe place for a gringo like me. They pulled someone I know very well over one day and accused him of running a stop sign. He spent the next several hours in jail then had to pay the policeman $200 to get out. Not sure how much the ticket for running the stop sign was.

Not a place I'd want to live in, if you ask me.

Immie

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
in my opinion the only conservative on the republican side is paul......the rest should find a different party banner to run under.....that said the party is what the voters say it is and at them moment that is somehwere between what mccain is and what romney is......which means most folk that are right of romney are sol.....

That's why Paul is my first choice, but, he doesn't have a prayer. Too bad.

mccain is just too far to the left for me, especially on amnesty and the war. The two biggest issues there are.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Mexico is a fine place to visit, but the corrupt police force doesn't make it a safe place for a gringo like me. They pulled someone I know very well over one day and accused him of running a stop sign. He spent the next several hours in jail then had to pay the policeman $200 to get out. Not sure how much the ticket for running the stop sign was.

Immie

in college we were down there .... couple of our buddies were mexican....anyway we got tossed in jail ..... after several hours our mexican buddy got to make a phone call ..... after he hung up he told the police you have ten minutes to let us all go or the power goes off.....ten minutes latter the power went off.....they let us out...his dad ran the power company :laugh2:

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 07:27 PM

Immie

Corruption is a big concern. I think an American would have to live where there's a large number of Americans living, and they have the protection of the local police through all the money they spend.

5stringJeff
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM

I started using Rosetta Stone earlier this year to learn Italian. It's a great program, and I highly recommend it.

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:04 PM

Check out "Warren Hardy" his system is highly recommended for teacher spanish to adults.

retiredman
02-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice spin but my accusation is dead on.

in your mind, you're always dead on, aren't you?

The fact remains, RSR accused me of thinking that I was smarter than our commanders - which I have never done. I have criticized the administration's actions in Iraq. I have NEVER suggested that I was smarter than the guys with stars on running the show in Iraq. Never. Earlier today, RSR had criticized Gates, and only then, and because of that statement, did I ask him if HE, then, thought he was smarter than Gates.

If you can't follow the flow of the conversation, maybe you should consider refraining from entering it.

glockmail
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
in your mind, you're always dead on, aren't you?

The fact remains, RSR accused me of thinking that I was smarter than our commanders - which I have never done. I have criticized the administration's actions in Iraq. I have NEVER suggested that I was smarter than the guys with stars on running the show in Iraq. Never. Earlier today, RSR had criticized Gates, and only then, and because of that statement, did I ask him if HE, then, thought he was smarter than Gates.

If you can't follow the flow of the conversation, maybe you should consider refraining from entering it. I'll wait for RSR's opinion of what transpired.

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Quit honestly... I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't seeing it. If mccain wins the day, I promise everyone on this board, and you can hold me to it, "I AM DONE WITH REPUBLICAN PARTY."

manu1959
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Quit honestly... I wouldn't believe it if I wasn't seeing it. If mccain wins the day, I promise everyone on this board, and you can hold me to it, "I AM DONE WITH REPUBLICAN PARTY."

it simply means that the party's voters have moved a bit to the left of right.....

they have been talking about this for 6 years....and you only have to look to the extreme politics of bush cheney rove to find the cause.....

that said...if he does indeed get the nomination you will get to decide who is more conservative.....mcain or o'hillary

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 09:14 PM
it simply means that the party's voters have moved a bit to the left of right.....

they have been talking about this for 6 years....and you only have to look to the extreme politics of bush cheney rove to find the cause.....

that said...if he does indeed get the nomination you will get to decide who is more conservative.....mcain or o'hillary

I won't vote for mccain pard. Not gonna happen, not ever. I'll be done with the repub party, forever. I'll register independent or libertarian, and I'll vote that way.

I want NO PART of a party that will vote a liberal like mccain into office.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I won't vote for mccain pard. Not gonna happen, not ever. I'll be done with the repub party, forever. I'll register independent or libertarian, and I'll vote that way.

you should vote for paul....or write in newt and stay on the right ..... the political pendulam swings.....clinton pulled it to the left after reagan.....then bush yanked it back to the right.....time for it to sit in the middle....for a bit....

as much as mccain may pain you he is better for this country than o'hillary......

retiredman
02-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I'll wait for RSR's opinion of what transpired.

oh yeah...I am sure he will stand up and support MY version of events. Especially given how tight you two are together.:lol:

Why not, as I suggested, stay on top of the discussion, then you wouldn't need to be schooled after the fact?

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
you should vote for paul....or write in newt and stay on the right ..... the political pendulam swings.....clinton pulled it to the left after reagan.....then bush yanked it back to the right.....time for it to sit in the middle....for a bit....

as much as mccain may pain you he is better for this country than o'hillary......

I may just not vote at all. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I may just not vote at all. I'm pretty disgusted right now.

well not voting is voting for the winner......

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
well not voting is voting for the winner......

I call it disenfranchised with ones party.

You do realize that if mccain is the repub nominee, hillary will be the next President.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM

how many of the core ten issues do you disagree with on mccain and how many of the core ten issues do you disagree with on o'hillary.....

manu1959
02-05-2008, 09:29 PM

You do realize that if mccain is the repub nominee, hillary will be the next President.

not if you vote against her.....besides obama is the next jfk....people are sick of the clintons...

the black man vs the olde man in 08

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
how many of the core ten issues do you disagree with on mccain and how many of the core ten issues do you disagree with on o'hillary.....

I want our troops out of Iraq, and no more war mongering. mccain is a war monger, and it surprises me he has your support in light of that. I also want a tough stance on illegal aliens, and mccain is the absolute antitheses. Those two issues alone have forged my opinion, because those are the two most important issues facing us today, and mccain is a complete catastrophe on both.

JohnDoe
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
BOTH Hillary or Obama, or romney or McCain will have to have a "southern" vp in order to win the presidency imo....

retiredman
02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
BOTH Hillary or Obama, or romney or McCain will have to have a "southern" vp in order to win the presidency imo....

are you going to attend your caucus on Sunday?

Sitarro
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM

I am amazed at how bigoted that statement is. Where are you John, the Northeastern part of the country?

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I'll be back in a minute... when I heard hitlery start to talk on CNN just now, I PUKED all over my keyboard. I'll have to dig out my old one now...

Immanuel
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM

You can't do that! To be a disenfranchised voter you must be of minority status... just ask the University of Delaware (wasn't it) just as to be a racist you must be white. If you are white, by definition you cannot be a disenfranchised voter the two terms are mutually exclusive and the fact that you are a recovering Republican only makes it more so. Get with the program, friend.

Immie

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
You can't do that! To be a disenfranchised voter you must be of minority status... just ask the University of Vermont (wasn't it) just as to be a racist you must be white. If you are white, by definition you cannot be a disenfranchised voter the two terms are mutually exclusive and the fact that you are a recovering Republican only makes it more so. Get with the program, friend.

Immie

I'll correct myself then... "I am now an independent."

Immanuel
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I'll correct myself then... "I am now an independent."

Welcome to the club!

Immie

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the club!

Immie

I'm fifty two years old, and I've never been more disgusted with the republican party than I have been today. I'm done with it. I'm out. It's turned too damn liberal for me.

I'm turning the coverage off. I've seen enough. I guess I'll watch something on the HISTORY CHANNEL to try and remind myself of better times.

manu1959
02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I want our troops out of Iraq, and no more war mongering. mccain is a war monger, and it surprises me he has your support in light of that. I also want a tough stance on illegal aliens, and mccain is the absolute antitheses. Those two issues alone have forged my opinion, because those are the two most important issues facing us today, and mccain is a complete catastrophe on both.

mccain does not have my support and you may well be right.....

but if hillary is elected not only will the war continue and amnesty be granted but you will get the full hillary liberal agenda to go with it ......

i bet you bush has our troops redeployed to afganistan by halloween....

and now a guest worker program is being spoken of.....mccain may be neutralized on this before he can be elected.....

gabosaurus
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM

I am in 100 percent agreement on this. These two issues are exactly why McCain is going to win California. He is very militaristic and is soft on immigration reform.
Pale might be interested to know that McCain pandered to current military and Iraq war veterans in California, but avoided speaking to Viet Nam vets who wanted to press him on veterans aid and health care reforms.

Pale Rider
02-06-2008, 12:22 AM
mccain does not have my support and you may well be right.....

but if hillary is elected not only will the war continue and amnesty be granted but you will get the full hillary liberal agenda to go with it ......

i bet you bush has our troops redeployed to afganistan by halloween....

and now a guest worker program is being spoken of.....mccain may be neutralized on this before he can be elected.....

I just heard part of the hillary's speech tonight, and she said if elected President, she'd have the troops out of Iraq by February of 2009. mccain won't do that. He'll have us there for "100 years."

And one can only hope that mccain would run into such fierce opposition to his radical immigration schemes that he'd have to do the will of the people, not his.

Yurt
02-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I am in 100 percent agreement on this. These two issues are exactly why McCain is going to win California. He is very militaristic and is soft on immigration reform.
Pale might be interested to know that McCain pandered to current military and Iraq war veterans in California, but avoided speaking to Viet Nam vets who wanted to press him on veterans aid and health care reforms.

NM says you are a liar, liar pants on fire, so go hang yourself on a telephone cord --- opps, maent wyre

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
I just heard part of the hillary's speech tonight, and she said if elected President, she'd have the troops out of Iraq by February of 2009. mccain won't do that. He'll have us there for "100 years."

And one can only hope that mccain would run into such fierce opposition to his radical immigration schemes that he'd have to do the will of the people, not his.

you know full well we will not be in iraq for a hundred years....

mark my words bush will have most of our troops in afganistan before halloween.....

hillary is a liar.....

Pale Rider
02-06-2008, 12:33 AM
you know full well we will not be in iraq for a hundred years....

mark my words bush will have most of our troops in afganistan before halloween.....

hillary is a liar.....

What makes you think he'll move "most of our troops" out of Iraq into Afghanistan? bush will NOT leave his precious oil fields unattended.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
What makes you think he'll move "most of our troops" out of Iraq into Afghanistan? bush will NOT leave his precious oil fields unattended.

because that is what both hillary and obama have said they will do and the pubs will do it before they can do it ..... the dems were for a surge then once bush did it they were against it....it is all a fucking game....

Pale Rider
02-06-2008, 12:43 AM
because that is what both hillary and obama have said they will do and the pubs will do it before they can do it ..... the dems were for a surge then once bush did it they were against it....it is all a fucking game....

Aaaahh... well... just for record, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before bush pulls troops out of Iraq, or mccain, en mass. There's no oil in Afghanistan.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Aaaahh... well... just for record, I think it'll be a cold day in hell before bush pulls troops out of Iraq, or mccain, en mass. There's no oil in Afghanistan.

it only took a few days to take baghdad.....hell it took less time to take baghdad than it took teddy to call the cops after he drowned that girl....any way they could always go back......bush wants to leave a "safe" iraq as his legacy....troops can't be there if that is the case......they will be redeployed.....

Pale Rider
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
it only took a few days to take baghdad.....hell it took less time to take baghdad than it took teddy to call the cops after he drowned that girl....any way they could always go back......bush wants to leave a "safe" iraq as his legacy....troops can't be there if that is the case......they will be redeployed.....

There's one fact we can hold true, and that's if bush is going to redeploy troops anywhere, he better do it fast, because THANK GOD the bafoons time is running out.

red states rule
02-06-2008, 07:11 AM
There's one fact we can hold true, and that's if bush is going to redeploy troops anywhere, he better do it fast, because THANK GOD the bafoons time is running out.

We are winning in Iraq PR - and the day we all hope for is coming closer

http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/iraqi-forces-could-take-control-over-all-provinces-this-year/

retiredman
02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
We are winning in Iraq PR - and the day we all hope for is coming closer

http://mpinkeyes.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/iraqi-forces-could-take-control-over-all-provinces-this-year/

we are winning militarily. so what? are Iraqis willing to make the compromises necessary to live together peacefully in a multucultural democracy? will Iraq somehow NOT become the satellite state of Iran the moment we leave? what are we really winning besides military encounters?

red states rule
02-06-2008, 08:47 AM
we are winning militarily. so what? are Iraqis willing to make the compromises necessary to live together peacefully in a multucultural democracy? will Iraq somehow NOT become the satellite state of Iran the moment we leave? what are we really winning besides military encounters?

Still seeing the glass as half empty MM? Of course, your dreams of surrender are all but gone

Dilloduck
02-06-2008, 08:52 AM
It will be ok for things to work out in Iraq as long as a certain party doesn't get the credit for it.

red states rule
02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
It will be ok for things to work out in Iraq as long as a certain party doesn't get the credit for it.

That is how the left feels. After all the left has called the war in Iraq "Bush's War"

glockmail
02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
we are winning militarily. so what? ....
This pretty much says it all for you. You are anti-American.

retiredman
02-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Still seeing the glass as half empty MM? Of course, your dreams of surrender are all but gone

why can't you answer my question?

red states rule
02-06-2008, 09:04 AM
This pretty much says it all for you. You are anti-American.

Got this is an email

I just found out the banks are offering some bonds, political bonds. You got the Obama bond, which has no maturity to it. You got the Edwards bond, that has no interest to it, and you have the Hillary bond, that has no principal.

Which one will MM buy?

glockmail
02-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Got this is an email

I just found out the banks are offering some bonds, political bonds. You got the Obama bond, which has no maturity to it. You got the Edwards bond, that has no interest to it, and you have the Hillary bond, that has no principal.

Which one will MM buy? The one on the ticket that says DEMOCRAT.

red states rule
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
The one on the ticket that says DEMOCRAT.

So take your pick MM

retiredman
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
So take your pick MM

again....when people like you have marginalized yourself to the point where anyone who belongs to the opposing party is unamerican, then you really take yourself out of the realm or "discussing politics" and move to a place where all you are capable of doing is insulting people...that is really all you do all day long, RSR...insult democrats for being democrats and equate being a democrat with hating america. there really isn't much room there for actual political debate.

glockmail
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
again....when people like you have marginalized yourself to the point where anyone who belongs to the opposing party is unamerican, then you really take yourself out of the realm or "discussing politics" and move to a place where all you are capable of doing is insulting people...that is really all you do all day long, RSR...insult democrats for being democrats and equate being a democrat with hating america. there really isn't much room there for actual political debate.
Pot meet kettle

Dilloduck
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM

I figured one partisan hack would be able to recogonize another one pretty soon here.

retiredman
02-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Pot meet kettle

wrong. there are lots of republicans I know and admire. Maine is full of them....well...not full....slightly less than half full, but there are many and I do not consider any of them my enemy simply because of their party affiliation.

Dilloduck
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
wrong. there are lots of republicans I know and admire. Maine is full of them....well...not full....slightly less than half full, but there are many and I do not consider any of them my enemy simply because of their party affiliation.

Oh Ya--some of my best friends are Republicans :laugh2: :laugh2:

retiredman
02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh Ya--some of my best friends are Republicans :laugh2: :laugh2:

they ARE... my baby brother is a hard core conservative....we are very close.

I worked for several years as the chief of staff to the maine state senate majority leader.... politics at the state level is quite cordial. We'd party together all the time. ANd I know that really good laws are made when thoughtful people from both sides of the aisle come together and forge compromise. I have seen it work and I have helped the process.

glockmail
02-06-2008, 09:41 AM
.... ANd I know that really good laws are made when thoughtful people from both sides of the aisle come together and forge compromise. I have seen it work and I have helped the process. Now this is laughable. :lol:

retiredman
02-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Now this is laughable. :lol:

why would you find that funny? That is how effective legislatures work.

Classact
02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichaelMedved/2008/01/23/six_big_lies_about_john_mccain

This group of seven Republicans and Seven Democrats (representing a full 14% of the US Senate, obviously) ultimately broke the logjam that had delayed confirmation of some of the most conservative nominees of President Bush. Because of McCain’s leadership, Chief Justice John Roberts and Associate Justice Samuel Alito won Supreme Court confirmation without filibuster from the Democrats. He also secured the previously blocked confirmations of Appellate Judges William Pryor, Janice Rogers Brown, Priscilla Owen, and Brett Kavanaugh, previously filibustered by Democrats. At the same time, McCain and his “gang” managed to protect the right to filibuster – an important tool with obvious value now that Republicans find themselves in the minority. McCain has never opposed a Republican nominee for the Supreme Court; unlike some of his prominent fellow Republicans, he actively supported the nomination of Judge Robert Bork. His disagreement with Senate Republican leader Bill Frist on the “Gang of Fourteen” issues involved questions of tactics, not the goal of securing a judiciary that honors the principles of strict construction.That is a matter of opinion as I pointed out in my last post. The Republican Party was prepared to use the nuclear option "for breaking judicial filibusters" to allow nominations to the court to be voted on. The action of the gang of 14 didn't do anything to prevent a future majority from using the nuclear option... nothing, they, the now majority could elect to use the nuclear option for "any" filibuster if they decided to.

The nominations were going to be confirmed either way, with the support of the gang of 14 or by using the nuclear option. Seven Republican senators could not stop the nuclear option if the Democrats continued to block nominations.

5stringJeff
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm fifty two years old, and I've never been more disgusted with the republican party than I have been today. I'm done with it. I'm out. It's turned too damn liberal for me.

I'm turning the coverage off. I've seen enough. I guess I'll watch something on the HISTORY CHANNEL to try and remind myself of better times.

I think we are seeing the GOP move to the left and leave the conservative base. Much like the Democrat Party moved left, creating "Reagan Democrats," the GOP is now moving left, creating voters like you who are disenchanted with the party.

So what are conservatives to do? Either a) vote with the party (and for McCain), thereby supporting the GOP's shift to the left, or b) don't vote for McCain, thereby abandoning the GOP and handing the election to the Democrats. Neither option sounds great, but I'd rather have four years of bad governance (with a Dem president) than a permanent shift in the political parties (with conservative support for McCain).

I didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left me.

glockmail
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
why would you find that funny? That is how effective legislatures work.
You, a legislator? Is this along with storming the beaches of Normandy? :lol:

retiredman
02-06-2008, 01:50 PM
You, a legislator? Is this along with storming the beaches of Normandy? :lol:

I guess your reading comprehension problems are worse than I thought.

You should spend more time arguing with me about content and less time trying to play your stupid melodramatic gotcha games. Just a thought. I have never claimed to have stormed the beaches of Normandy and I have never claimed to be a legislator. Now...would you like to discuss my assertion as to the process I outlined for making good law, or not?

glockmail
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I guess your reading comprehension problems are worse than I thought.

You should spend more time arguing with me about content and less time trying to play your stupid melodramatic gotcha games. Just a thought. I have never claimed to have stormed the beaches of Normandy and I have never claimed to be a legislator. Now...would you like to discuss my assertion as to the process I outlined for making good law, or not? Did you beat down the Germans with a gavel? :lol:

retiredman
02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
I guess you answered my question.

thanks.

glockmail
02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
No problem, Senator! :lol: