PDA

View Full Version : male officers strip search female victim

Trigg
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
This is a disturbing video. I personnally don't blame the woman for trying to fight them off, this is awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8uUOiXcCo

nevadamedic
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
This is a disturbing video. I personnally don't blame the woman for trying to fight them off, this is awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8uUOiXcCo

That violates many procedures. I know at my job, if I make an arrest on a female and I don't have a female agent with me, I just restrain and search the immediate area by the handcuffs with a female witness there of course and leave it for the police.

AFbombloader
02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Absolutely horrible.

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Absolutely horrible.

It's half a story. Having seen first hand how even the nicest appearing people act in certain situations I'm going to withhold judgement.

AFbombloader
02-05-2008, 04:08 PM
It's half a story. Having seen first hand how even the nicest appearing people act in certain situations I'm going to withhold judgement.

It is half a story but what happened was horrible. How did I place judgement? I made no comment on the police or the woman. It did appear to me to be excessive, but I am not an officer and may not have sen the whole story. I too wait fot the rest of the story.

AF:salute:

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
That violates many procedures. I know at my job, if I make an arrest on a female and I don't have a female agent with me, I just restrain and search the immediate area by the handcuffs with a female witness there of course and leave it for the police.

You're not even a real cop ya two bit rent a pig. If you even began to imporperly touch somebody, they could sue the shit out of you, and you'd be FIRED!

I don't trust cops at all. That was completely uncalled for, and the men had no business in there. I hope this woman sues those pigs out of a job and into the poor house. Arrogant mother fuckers.

Trigg
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM

I'm sorry, but two men holding a woman down while she is stripped naked in front of them is disgusting and against any protocal I have ever heard of.

5stringJeff
02-05-2008, 07:56 PM

You're a rent-a-cop, without arrest authority.

Yurt
02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Like dillo said, this did not show the whole thing. When you are arrested and then booked into a cell, you must give up all your clothes and be put into an orange jumpsuit. Maybe she fought this order, I don't know.

glockmail
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
This is sensationalism at its worst. I'm betting that the woman was deranged, unruly, and not submitting to wearing the required jail uniform, and therefore got what she deserved.

Mr. P
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM

Like dillo said, this did not show the whole thing. When you are arrested and then booked into a cell, you must give up all your clothes and be put into an orange jumpsuit. Maybe she fought this order, I don't know.

I'm with these two. I'll add this.........

I watched it once..My first clue regarding the strip was her answer to this question: Have you ever thought about hurting yourself? Her answer: What, now or anytime? Folks, that's a common question when booking in order to determine if someone may be suicidal. She was a smart-ass (maybe) and had her closes removed. Clothes can be knotted and make a good noose yea know? I think the cops did the right thing and the only thing they could responsibly do based on her answer.

In other words, she brought the strip upon herself. IMO

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm with these two. I'll add this.........

I watched it once..My first clue regarding the strip was her answer to this question: Have you ever thought about hurting yourself? Her answer: What, now or anytime? Folks, that's a common question when booking in order to determine if someone may be suicidal. She was a smart-ass (maybe) and had her closes removed. Clothes can be knotted and make a good noose yea know? I think the cops did the right thing and the only thing they could responsibly do based on her answer.

In other words, she brought the strip upon herself. IMO

I think you guys remember me mentioning that years ago I worked in a super maximum prison in Boscobel, Wisconsin. I learned a little bit about prison/jail protocol. Yes they can strip you and leave you in a cell naked, but two male officers holding down a female while other females strip her... oh no my friends, HUUUUUGE no no. Those male officers and that police department are in deep, deep shit. She's going to sue, and she's going to win.

Yurt
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I think you guys remember me mentioning that years ago I worked in a super maximum prison in Boscobel, Wisconsin. I learned a little bit about prison/jail protocol. Yes they can strip you and leave you in a cell naked, but two male officers holding down a female while other females strip her... oh no my friends, HUUUUUGE no no. Those male officers and that police department are in deep, deep shit. She's going to sue, and she's going to win.

In CA, a male prison or jail correctional officer can strip a woman as well. Maybe different in WI.

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
In CA, a male prison or jail correctional officer can strip a woman as well. Maybe different in WI.

Why doesn't that surprise me... :rolleyes:

I think she's got a good case, no matter what the law is on it. Two men and three women stripping one little 125 lb girl? I think that was excessive, course I have a biased opinion. I hate cops.

Mr. P
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM

A matter of muscle required, Pale..She was resisting..I think she'll lose if she sues.

Yurt
Why doesn't that surprise me... :rolleyes:

what if there aren't enough women COs? can't male reporters go into female locker rooms? or is it just the women into men's rooms?

edit: yes to Mr. P

82Marine89

You're not even a real cop ya two bit rent a pig. If you even began to imporperly touch somebody, they could sue the shit out of you, and you'd be FIRED!

I don't trust cops at all. That was completely uncalled for, and the men had no business in there. I hope this woman sues those pigs out of a job and into the poor house. Arrogant mother fuckers.

NM saying that reminds me of the Gomer Pyle episode when he runs around yelling, "Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!" :laugh2:

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
NM saying that reminds me of the Gomer Pyle episode when he runs around yelling, "Citizens Arrest! Citizens Arrest!" :laugh2:

LMAO-----when Barney made a U-turn !!!:lmao::lmao:

Mr. P
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I'm chokin you putz!!!!

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
A matter of muscle required, Pale..She was resisting..I think she'll lose if she sues.

She wouldn't in Wisconsin. The two male officers would already be on administrative leave pending charges. I don't know about anywhere else. If it was my wife they did that to, I'd sell everything last thing I owned to pay for lawyers. I'd sue them into the poor house, and quite possibly jail.

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
what if there aren't enough women COs? can't male reporters go into female locker rooms? or is it just the women into men's rooms?

edit: yes to Mr. P

Reporters? Locker rooms? I'm losing ya pard.... :dunno:

I worked in a prison, not a sports stadium.

Yurt
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
She wouldn't in Wisconsin. The two male officers would already be on administrative leave pending charges. I don't know about anywhere else. If it was my wife they did that to, I'd sell everything last thing I owned to pay for lawyers. I'd sue them into the poor house, and quite possibly jail.

how do you get her into the jumpsuit -- which is required by law and if they don't and something happens when she is in clothes, they get sued -- when she resists and there aren't enough women to subdue her?

edit: locker rooms -- ok for opposite sex to see nude

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:39 PM
how do you get her into the jumpsuit -- which is required by law and if they don't and something happens when she is in clothes, they get sued -- when she resists and there aren't enough women to subdue her?

edit: locker rooms -- ok for opposite sex to see nude

Female officers. Female officers have to do it. You should have seen some of the neanderthal sized women we had working at the Supermax. If men were to touch a naked woman, they'd be in a world of trouble, legally.... in Wisconsin, in the prison system.

82Marine89
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM

:laugh2:

Pale Rider
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Aaaaaww c'mon you guys... take is easy on nm, or Sir Evil will come in here tell you all you're bitching about every little thing about the board.

Dilloduck
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Aaaaaww c'mon you guys... take is easy on nm, or Sir Evil will come in here tell you all you're bitching about every little thing about the board.

Marine started it !!:poke::laugh2:

Yurt
02-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Female officers. Female officers have to do it. You should have seen some of the neanderthal sized women we had working at the Supermax. If men were to touch a naked woman, they'd be in a world of trouble, legally.... in Wisconsin, in the prison system.

http://www.adultitis.org/media/woman_screaming.gif

:D

nevadamedic
02-06-2008, 01:16 AM

Interesting. I never pretended to be a cop. Nor am I even a rent-apig. You are just upset that I have amounted to more in 29 years then you or your life partner ever will.

nevadamedic
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM

Really? No arrest authority? Is that right? Explain that to the two or three I make per store a day. I am making the arrest, I am pressing the charges, I am restrianing and hooking up the crooks, I am photographing and fingerprinting the crooks, I transfer them over to the PD or SO. So tell me how that is not an arrest?

Yurt
02-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Really? No arrest authority? Is that right? Explain that to the two or three I make per store a day. I am making the arrest, I am pressing the charges, I am restrianing and hooking up the crooks, I am photographing and fingerprinting the crooks, I transfer them over to the PD or SO. So tell me how that is not an arrest?

you are not "arresting" anyone. you are detaining them for a reasonable period of time assuming you have reason to believe a crime/theft was committed. it is called the shopkeeper's privilege. you should learn it and learn when and if you can ever exceed that privilege and make a privite citizen arrest.

i seriously can't believe you don't know this, afterall, you were "management" at bestbuy....

nevadamedic
02-06-2008, 01:31 AM
you are not "arresting" anyone. you are detaining them for a reasonable period of time assuming you have reason to believe a crime/theft was committed. it is called the shopkeeper's privilege. you should learn it and learn when and if you can ever exceed that privilege and make a privite citizen arrest.

i seriously can't believe you don't know this, afterall, you were "management" at bestbuy....

I do know this. In the state of Nevada it is considered an arrest. Any detainment in Nevada is considered an arrest.

As far as a shopkeepers priviledge, that is not accurate. It is a form of a citizens arrest unless it is a Felony then the local PD or SO press the charges and not us.

As far as Best Buy, they arn't allowed to really detain or even restrain people. They can ask you to stay but that is about it. Thir Loss Prevention are basically glorified greeters.

diuretic
02-06-2008, 03:51 AM
I didn't see a strip "search", I saw an arrested person stripped. Now there needs to be a very good reason for that. As has been pointed out, clothing can be used to hang oneself, if there's good reason to suspect that an arrested person may use their clothing to hang themselves then it's entirely possible in that jurisdiction that removing all clothing and anything else (eg blankets) that can be used for suicide is reasonable. That remains to be seen.

In the video the cops were calm. There was no yelling or screaming by them, no thumping of the woman, no leering or off-colour remarks by the male officers. They did their job - male and female - in a calm and dispassionate manner. They weren't punishing her (which happens) in the cell, they were taking her clothing and all other items that may have been used by her to kill herself.

Yes it's upsetting, but it's more upsetting to check in the cells and find an arrested person swinging from a hanging point.

Psychoblues
02-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Do you expect for a moment these fear mongerers to understand what you just said?

I didn't see a strip "search", I saw an arrested person stripped. Now there needs to be a very good reason for that. As has been pointed out, clothing can be used to hang oneself, if there's good reason to suspect that an arrested person may use their clothing to hang themselves then it's entirely possible in that jurisdiction that removing all clothing and anything else (eg blankets) that can be used for suicide is reasonable. That remains to be seen.

In the video the cops were calm. There was no yelling or screaming by them, no thumping of the woman, no leering or off-colour remarks by the male officers. They did their job - male and female - in a calm and dispassionate manner. They weren't punishing her (which happens) in the cell, they were taking her clothing and all other items that may have been used by her to kill herself.

Yes it's upsetting, but it's more upsetting to check in the cells and find an arrested person swinging from a hanging point.

They are much more concerned with strip searching. It's a reich wing thing, I guess.

Pale Rider
02-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Interesting. I never pretended to be a cop. Nor am I even a rent-apig. You are just upset that I have amounted to more in 29 years then you or your life partner ever will.

Is living in your mama's basement and working as a rent a pig for $8 an hour your idea of amounting to something? My Harley alone is worth more than you're total worth, and more than you make in a year.

Now go back to sucking your boyfriends dick ya loser.

Yurt
02-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I do know this. In the state of Nevada it is considered an arrest. Any detainment in Nevada is considered an arrest.

As far as a shopkeepers priviledge, that is not accurate. It is a form of a citizens arrest unless it is a Felony then the local PD or SO press the charges and not us.

As far as Best Buy, they arn't allowed to really detain or even restrain people. They can ask you to stay but that is about it. Thir Loss Prevention are basically glorified greeters.

could you cite the nevada code that clarifies the shopkeeper privilege as such? power of arrest is a serious matter, and i would be interested to see how the NV legislature gave that power to shopkeepers. it is my understanding that NV follows the common law, which would be what I quoted above, but since you say that is not so, then there must be codified law to the contrary and i'm sure you know it as a security guard and you seem quite confident.

it also makes no sense why it is not a citizen's arrest when a felony, for a citizen, under common law, can arrest someone for a felony, of course different circumstances than a misd.

5stringJeff
02-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks, Yurt, that's the point I was attempting to make.

82Marine89
02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
could you cite the Nevada code that clarifies the shopkeeper privilege as such? power of arrest is a serious matter, and i would be interested to see how the NV legislature gave that power to shopkeepers. it is my understanding that NV follows the common law, which would be what I quoted above, but since you say that is not so, then there must be codified law to the contrary and I'm sure you know it as a security guard and you seem quite confident.

it also makes no sense why it is not a citizen's arrest when a felony, for a citizen, under common law, can arrest someone for a felony, of course different circumstances than a misd.

Now you're asking the hard questions. :slap:

Yurt
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Now you're asking the hard questions. :slap:

:scared:

:popcorn:

Immanuel
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Darn! I didn't see the video and now it says, "We're Sorry. This video is no longer available". What's up with that?

Immie