PDA

View Full Version : Vice Presidents....

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
if Hillary wins the nomination: I say she has no choice except Obama as VP
if Obama wins the nomination: to offset his foremost weakness (inexperience) he needs someone who demonstrates high experience....Richardson perhaps?
if McClain wins the nomination: he needs the alpha-Conservative....who would that be....Gingrich?....other suggestions?
if Romney wins the nomination: he needs someone to offset the edge Obama and Hillary have in the polls....I suggest Condi Rice.......

hjmick
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
I could see Hillary going with Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villareconquista for her VP, thought he may have too much baggage. I can't see her going with Obama, the two of them together could easily be a pill no one is ready to swallow. She could go with one of the more palatable drop outs...Biden, Dodd, or even Richardson.

With Obama I think it's a little murky. He could pick one of the drop outs as well. Hillary would never accept second chair. On the other hand, he could go to the dustpin of candidates and dust of a classic...Gore perhaps. That would give a whole bunch of Democrats an erection that would require medical attention.

With McCain the choice of running mate will determine his future. Gingrich seems to come with to much history, to many areas for Dems to attack. Thompson would be an interesting choice. Perhaps someone tough on immigration, Hunter or Tancredo. I can't shake this feeling that Huckabee will be the choice, his reward for sticking around and sucking delegates from Romney. On the other hand, Leiberman is more conservative than McCain, perhaps he'll be the choice. Garner some crossover appeal.

For Romney, I haven't a clue. It could be anyone, but you're right, he'll need someone that has broad appeal and makes people forget his Mormon roots.

CockySOB
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally, I would have thought a Hillary-Obama ticket would be the sure bet, but the two are running neck-and-neck right now and I expect the campaigning to get brutal between the two. Considering how Edwards bowed out without endorsing either Hillary or Obama, and how gracious both were to John and Elizabeth, I am betting that Edwards will appear as the VP on the ticket of the victor between Hillary and Obama.

I won't even speculate about the GOP candidates yet - I still don't like any of the ones who are still in the race. Although I would never cast my vote for either Hillary or Obama, I might end up not casting a vote period - and that's something I never thought would be a consideration for me.

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM

I will be surprised if Oboma would accept. I think the guy's too smart to associate with the Clinton's. He'd also be VP #2 behind Bill and culturally he'd be answering to a white woman (that won't fly in da hood).

if Obama wins the nomination: to offset his foremost weakness (inexperience) he needs someone who demonstrates high experience....Richardson perhaps?

Perhaps.

if McClain wins the nomination: he needs the alpha-Conservative....who would that be....Gingrich?....other suggestions?

Gingrich would be good, but after all the back slappin he and Rudy were doing on Leno the other night I expect that Rudy will be hes choice.

if Romney wins the nomination: he needs someone to offset the edge Obama and Hillary have in the polls....I suggest Condi Rice.......

I doubt Rice would accept. I think she wants out of DC. I may be wrong.

Just opinion on my part.

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 11:46 AM

I will be surprised if Oboma would accept. I think the guy's too smart to associate with the Clinton's. He'd also be VP #2 behind Bill and culturally he'd be answering to a white woman (that won't fly in da hood).

personally I think (and I have heard pundits say it as well) if she doesn't pick Obama for VP following the charges of racism we heard last week, she can kiss the black vote goodbye......(wow, what if she ditched Obama and McCain went with somebody like JC Watts.....wouldn't THAT blow things sky high......

Rudy will be hes choice

Rudy wouldn't be conservative enough to offset the criticisms of McCain......

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
personally I think (and I have heard pundits say it as well) if she doesn't pick Obama for VP following the charges of racism we heard last week, she can kiss the black vote goodbye......(wow, what if she ditched Obama and McCain went with somebody like JC Watts.....wouldn't THAT blow things sky high......

True. I would guess she will make a half hearted offer with conditions he just couldn't accept even if he wanted to. He says no and she moves on to her real choice without any appearance of racism. She'll save face with the black voters that way.

hjmick
02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
personally I think (and I have heard pundits say it as well) if she doesn't pick Obama for VP following the charges of racism we heard last week, she can kiss the black vote goodbye......(wow, what if she ditched Obama and McCain went with somebody like JC Watts.....wouldn't THAT blow things sky high.....

Picking Villareconquista or Richardson could short circuit the cries of racism. Any well know Hispanic could achieve this goal. Though, considering reports of an enormous rift between Hispanics and Blacks, going with a Hispanic running mate could lose her the Black vote anyway.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM

what if hillary rejects obama and mccain pulls one of his maverick moves and asks obama to join him.....

at the end of the day.....mccain lieberman vs hillary and gore....

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
just read in Wiki that JC Watts is a close friend of McCain.....I am having heart palpatations......or is it an epiphany......

it's September, brokered convention, cigar smoke hazes the room....agreement is reached....Romney/Watts with McCain and Lieberman jointly acting as a cabinet level coordinator between the WH and Congress in charge of the gang of 14 devoted to ending gridlock.....woot!....you heard it here first......(eat our dust, Hillary!)

nevadamedic
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
what if hillary rejects obama and mccain pulls one of his maverick moves and asks obama to join him.....

at the end of the day.....mccain lieberman vs hillary and gore....

Ok, two problems with that. Lieberman can't be McCain's VP because of his political party and second Senator McCain is a lot closer to Senator Graham then anyone else. Although there seems to be a deal with McCain and Hucklebee, the extent of the deal I don't know. It could be to block Romney because he hurts them both or it could be for McCain to take Hucklebee with him(worst case)

Second, Al Gore hate's Hillary and blames her for his failed attempt for President. Gore is part of the "gang of four" to block Clinton's Presidency.

just read in Wiki that JC Watts is a close friend of McCain.....I am having heart palpatations......or is it an epiphany......

Again, McCain is closer to Senator Graham and Senator Kyl then anyone else.

it's September, brokered convention, cigar smoke hazes the room....agreement is reached....Romney/Watts with McCain and Lieberman jointly acting as a cabinet level coordinator between the WH and Congress in charge of the gang of 14 devoted to ending gridlock.....woot!....you heard it here first......(eat our dust, Hillary!)

Yurt
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Ok, two problems with that. Lieberman can't be McCain's VP because of his political party and second Senator McCain is a lot closer to Senator Graham then anyone else. Although there seems to be a deal with McCain and Hucklebee, the extent of the deal I don't know. It could be to block Romney because he hurts them both or it could be for McCain to take Hucklebee with him(worst case)

Second, Al Gore hate's Hillary and blames her for his failed attempt for President. Gore is part of the "gang of four" to block Clinton's Presidency.

where does it say that the VP must be of the same political party?

DrJohn
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
McCain might pick Lieberman.

Joe is more of a republican than McCain.

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I recall when Reagan won the nomination....the party regulars said he wasn't a real Republican and insisted that he take Bush as VP in exchange for the nomination.....

theHawk
02-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Hillary would not want to be overshadowed by a VP Obama.

I think if Obama gets it he'll choose Edwards.

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Hillary would not want to be overshadowed by a VP Obama.

I think if Obama gets it he'll choose Edwards.

I don't think Edwards has much more foreign policy experience than Obama. He'd need someone with real cred, Biden comes to mind.

Hillary, well she has the looming Bill, her VP choice will not be a strong fellow, but I'll bet he's black or Hispanic.

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Biden comes to mind

hmm....that might work.....

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't think Edwards has much more foreign policy experience than Obama. He'd need someone with real cred, Biden comes to mind.

Hillary, well she has the looming Bill, her VP choice will not be a strong fellow, but I'll bet he's black or Hispanic.

A real milk-toast guy. Someone that will stay outta site and :bow3: to her.
Edwards?

The more I think about it, the more I think she will have one hell of hard time filling that spot with anyone of substance. I may be wrong.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Edwards?

The more I think about it, the more I think she will have one hell of hard time filling that spot with anyone of substance. I may be wrong.

who is the dan quail of the left.....

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Edwards?

I don't think she'd want anyone of substance, more a token to appease those that voted for Obama.

Yurt
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM

just so NM can't say he "missed" this post

PostmodernProphet
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
who is the dan quail of the left.....

that would be Edwards, all right.......

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 01:42 PM
okay new issue.....with only McCain in legitimate contention at this point, who could he chose as VP that would keep you virulent conservatives from staying home on election day?.....would you vote if Romney were VP?.......Huckabee?.....another?......

02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Romney just screwed Huckabee over for the VP. the only leverage Huckabee had to be VP was throwing the Race to McCain in a brokered convention. There wont be one now. McCain has the nomination and Huckabee will now be tossed under the bus.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 02:15 PM
VP choice will still be brokered by the party if only so rifts between factions can be healed for general election.....what choice will heal the rifts.......

theHawk
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM

Since when do the Democrats care about foreign policy experience? They're all hopeless in that department anyway.

02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
VP choice will still be brokered by the party if only so rifts between factions can be healed for general election.....what choice will heal the rifts.......

Probably someone not even running.

JohnDoe
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I think Romney is young, and if he was offered the vice presidency he will take it....he'd be crazy not to take it, mccain is old, romney may need to come in before the two terms are over as President, and if not, then Romney would be first in line for a republican primary presidential choice in the next viable election....

edit:

Actually, this would go for any of the vp's or the vp that actually gets in to office.

glockmail
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
just read in Wiki that JC Watts is a close friend of McCain..... That would be unbeatable, and would also appease most conservatives. Maybe there's hope yet.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
That would be unbeatable, and would also appease most conservatives. Maybe there's hope yet.

How about it Pale, would Watts bring you back?.....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/01/images/paige-prayer-p173-21-ed.jpg

Yurt
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
just so NM can't say he "missed" this post

NM, do you ever address anyone who challenges an assertion made by you -- personally?

Or do you just like annoying people, you know, the very reason you keep your avi.