PDA

View Full Version : Nukes within 4 yrs - then what?

-Cp
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
While we were all fussing over the Super Tuesday primary yesterday, an announcement came out of Israel. It seems that the Israeli spy agency feels that Iran will develop a nuclear weapon within three years. Three years. Hmmmm. Let's see. That would mean that Iran might possibly have nukes during the term of the president we're going to elect this year. So .. .who would you want in the White House dealing with this problem? Obama? Oh yeah. He'll go talk to them. Hillary? Sure, let me know how that works out for you ... or us, I should say.

A Republican? Right! And that means any Republican over MoveOn Democrats.

Read the rest at:

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Anyone think Israel may be trying to influence the outcome of the election ?

Odd time to make such an announcement...

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
in four years israel will have a problem as will any other country in the region....

hjmick
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Anyone think Israel may be trying to influence the outcome of the election ?

Odd time to make such an announcement...

But does the timing make the claim any less true? Is Israel lying to effect the election or simply revealing what until now was closely held knowledge?

-Cp
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
in four years israel will have a problem as will any other country in the region....

Huh? How will Israel have a problem? It'd be the last mistake Iran ever made to every strike Israel...

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
But does the timing make the claim any less true? Is Israel lying to effect the election or simply revealing what until now was closely held knowledge?

Timing is everything. Is it less true? Hell I don't know if it's true at all, I don't have access to their intell. I doubt it's a lie though. I'm sure that this type info was shared with our intell folks. The question is: why release it to the public during an election process, unless the purpose is to maybe influence.

I'm just speculating here. But we ALL know Israel has a big crush on our $$$ and support.

hjmick
02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Timing is everything. Is it less true? Hell I don't know if it's true at all, I don't have access to their intell. I doubt it's a lie though. I'm sure that this type info was shared with our intell folks. The question is: why release it to the public during an election process, unless the purpose is to maybe influence.

I'm just speculating here. But we ALL know Israel has a big crush on our $$$ and support.

I certainly don't disagree with you, P.

There is no doubt in my mind that Israel would and will do whatever they believe is in their best interest, including influencing our elections. Furthermore, I wouldn't put it past them to falsify Iranian nuclear intel. I'm not saying this is the case here, however.

I would also suspect that hey would not be the least bit ashamed of their efforts.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Huh? How will Israel have a problem? It'd be the last mistake Iran ever made to every strike Israel...

well if iran gets nukes and puts them on a rocket....israel will have a problem...as will the saudis....uae....dubai...kuwait....iraq.....

gabosaurus
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Israel needs to worry about itself and stop sticking its nose in U.S. politics.
Also, Israel already has nuclear capability. Shouldn't they shut down before asking others to.

hjmick
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM

This is exactly whay they are interested in U.S. politics, because they are worried about themselves.

Also, Israel already has nuclear capability. Shouldn't they shut down before asking others to.

This is a question for the ages. The idea that a country is surround by neighbors who want nothing short of it's complete destruction and will try to achieve this goal through any means is disturbing at best. Would a non nuclear Israel encourage a Muslim nation not to achieve nuclear wepaons capability, I doubt it seriously. This brings us to MAD, though knowing the fanaticism of some Muslims, I'm not sure that even MAD would be effective.

Dilloduck
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM

They've already warned everyone that a major offensive may be underway within two weeks if the rocket attacks from Gaza don't cease.

LiberalNation
02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
They want McCain I'd guess. He'd support and take on Iran for them so they don't hafta. Or it could just be a concidence. America is still gona be behind Israel whoever wins except maybe Obama but even he hasn't said much about it.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
They want McCain I'd guess. He'd support and take on Iran for them so they don't hafta. Or it could just be a concidence. America is still gona be behind Israel whoever wins except maybe Obama but even he hasn't said much about it.

obama said he would talk with our "enemies" and our allies and that the war on terror should be fought in afganistan....

which means he will talk with iran....he will have to honour our treaty with israel because our constitution says we have to....and he will redeploy all our troops to afganistan.....

LiberalNation
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought yu were sayig Bush was gona do that too........

manu1959
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I thought yu were sayig Bush was gona do that too........

yes i did....i believe he will do it before he leaves office so the dems can't....and then when the shit hits the fan in iraq the dems can either let genocide happen (see somalia, darfur and rawanda) or help the iraqi's....

politics is a contact sport.....

Gaffer
02-11-2008, 02:57 PM
iran is developing longer and longer range rockets. Even shorter ranged rockets placed on a ship off our coast would be sufficient. You can bet that when iran attacks Israel with nukes they will strike at the US at the same time, either with rockets from ships or suicide ships going off in our ports.

MAD is useless against fanatical zealots that don't care about dying. If iran is not stopped over the next few years there will be a nuclear strike on the US.