PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee cant win the nomination

02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Even if he wins every single delegate he wont make it.

Neither will Paul. i know both of them have something to prove but i think now the should drop out because they have no shot.

5stringJeff
02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe that's why he was talking about VP stuff earlier today. What would you think about a Romney/Huckabee ticket?

02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe that's why he was talking about VP stuff earlier today. What would you think about a Romney/Huckabee ticket?

Anything with Romney on top would make me happy. But I dont think huckabee would ever accept that. He hates Romney with a passion.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM

that would be a good conservative ticket.....how do they get the delegates....also how do they reach across the middle to get 51% of the voting population?

02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
that would be a good conservative ticket.....how do they get the delegates....also how do they reach across the middle to get 51% of the voting population?

they have to take the rest of the delegates.

5stringJeff
02-06-2008, 05:49 PM

Right now, McCain has 680. Romney and Huckabee combined have 446.

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 05:54 PM

Huckabee and McCain loathe Romney, it maybe class envy? McCain married money the second time around, Huckster doesn't have any, yet. But he will...

02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Huckabee and McCain loathe Romney, it maybe class envy? McCain married money the second time around, Huckster doesn't have any, yet. But he will...

huckabee is selling his book as a campaign ad here in PA. its rather amusing. im like is he running for President or selling his book?

Look, the best thing that might happen for us right now is to take this race to the convention. Yeah it likely that McCain will get the nomination unless something drastic happens and he has a heart attack or something. But we can still make it a good race and make sure he cant ignore conservatives.

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
huckabee is selling his book as a campaign ad here in PA. its rather amusing. im like is he running for President or selling his book?

Look, the best thing that might happen for us right now is to take this race to the convention. Yeah it likely that McCain will get the nomination unless something drastic happens and he has a heart attack or something. But we can still make it a good race and make sure he cant ignore conservatives.

I've said for awhile that the Convention deal may happen, others are saying so too.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 06:56 PM

ok ....but then what...... they need 51% of the voting population to beat o'hillary....never gonna happen.....

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
ok ....but then what...... they need 51% of the voting population to beat o'hillary....never gonna happen.....

Bloomberg?

manu1959
02-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Bloomberg?

well the base of the gop is still far right and ain't moving.....the base of the dem is sill far left and they ain't moving.....the far right has said they ain't voting for mccain and the middle has already said they ain't voting for the far right.....don't see how the gop wins this election....

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
well the base of the gop is still far right and ain't moving.....the base of the dem is sill far left and they ain't moving.....the far right has said they ain't voting for mccain and the middle has already said they ain't voting for the far right.....don't see how the gop wins this election....

We'll see. I have this ray of hope for Convention, though improbable. More likely, unless there is a good alternative, we vote McCain. I can see a write in, can't see staying home. Whether McCain or a Democrat, we need to keep as many conservatives in Congress as possible, that should be the issue now. The Presidency is usually where 'it's at.' However, if people take the anger they showed over amnesty and Dubai Ports, they could light a fire under whoever is in Congress.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
We'll see. I have this ray of hope for Convention, though improbable. More likely, unless there is a good alternative, we vote McCain. I can see a write in, can't see staying home. Whether McCain or a Democrat, we need to keep as many conservatives in Congress as possible, that should be the issue now. The Presidency is usually where 'it's at.' However, if people take the anger they showed over amnesty and Dubai Ports, they could light a fire under whoever is in Congress.

the convention will not change the fact that more people voted on the dem side than the pub side and mccain can't get the vote from the base and base candidates can't get the middle.....i hate to say it but it looks like a dem pres.....

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
the convention will not change the fact that more people voted on the dem side than the pub side and mccain can't get the vote from the base and base candidates can't get the middle.....i hate to say it but it looks like a dem pres.....

True with the conclusion, however there's always been more Dems than Reps. What is interesting with the primary season though is how many are voting, from both sides. November could be interesting indeed. Undoubtedly if the Dems turn out the same kind of numbers, no contest. If Hillary is the nominee though, I wouldn't count on it.

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM

LOL...you have a long memory...the electorate are focusing on what they're going to do this weekend.

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
LOL...you have a long memory...the electorate are focusing on what they're going to do this weekend.

The Dubai ports taught many that they could make a difference, the amnesty reaction clinched it. I don't underestimate the people and it's time Congress were taught that lesson. I'm not cynical and do think we make a difference, but it's a matter of participation. That's one of the good things I've seen with Ron Paul and Obama, they are bringing people into the system, that have never been.