PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got A McCain Robo Call

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Weird. He asks that I consider that he will close the borders first, that he's all over the War on Terror, he will appoint judges like Alito and Roberts. Nothing on Global Warming, Amnesty, or 1st Amendment. But was certainly not confrontational.

hjmick
02-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Weird. He asks that I consider that he will close the borders first, that he's all over the War on Terror, he will appoint judges like Alito and Roberts. Nothing on Global Warming, Amnesty, or 1st Amendment. But was certainly not confrontational.

Oh just wait...it gets better. I got calls from John, his wife, Cindy, as well as calls from Mitt, his wife, former governor Pete Wilson, Ahnold, operatives for Mitt and John. I'm just glad our primary is over so the calls will end.

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh just wait...it gets better. I got calls from John, his wife, Cindy, as well as calls from Mitt, his wife, former governor Pete Wilson, Ahnold, operatives for Mitt and John. I'm just glad our primary is over so the calls will end.

Mine is over. They must have a list of active Republicans that they are projecting are questionable on McCain. I think this is part of the effort to 'reach out' to 'the conservatives.' Problem is, the 'calm down' nonsense in the media. An auto call after that just doesn't cut it, doubt it would have changed my mind in any case. :laugh2:

Immanuel
02-06-2008, 07:15 PM
You guys actually listen to those kind of calls?

I recently got Caller ID and now when it says "political call" when the phone rings it keeps ringing until the answering service takes over. If it say "unknown caller" or something like that it too goes to the answering service. If per se I do pick up the phone, the second I hear, "Hi! I'm John McCain" or something similar the line goes dead as I hang up on it.

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway? Even worse, they don't have the decency to do it with a real person so that I can tell them not to call my house again. They have to tape it and make me listen to some robotic voice and they have the gall to expect me to listen to a ten minute spiel of lies? Even more irritating are the calls that we are getting now that say, "Please hold for an important message from John McCain"! BS if you think I'm holding for a message from him!

Immie

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM

I recently got Caller ID and now when it says "political call" when the phone rings it keeps ringing until the answering service takes over. If it say "unknown caller" or something like that it too goes to the answering service. If per se I do pick up the phone, the second I hear, "Hi! I'm John McCain" or something similar the line goes dead as I hang up on it.

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway?

ImmieLOL! Right now I want to hear everything I can from McCain. I'm looking to see if he actually 'reaches out.' Somehow I doubt it, but interesting to get the call the day after the primary.

actsnoblemartin
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I got one from sheriff joe arpaio,

:salute:

Mine is over. They must have a list of active Republicans that they are projecting are questionable on McCain. I think this is part of the effort to 'reach out' to 'the conservatives.' Problem is, the 'calm down' nonsense in the media. An auto call after that just doesn't cut it, doubt it would have changed my mind in any case. :laugh2:

Immanuel
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL! Right now I want to hear everything I can from McCain. I'm looking to see if he actually 'reaches out.' Somehow I doubt it, but interesting to get the call the day after the primary.

The way I see it, I will wait to start listening more closely once the conventions are over and we know who exactly is running and what lies... um did I say that? they are running on. They only say what they think the most people who are listening at that time want to hear anyway.

When will Obama start claiming... "I'm a uniter not a divider"? Hell, it worked for GWB, why wouldn't it work for Obama?

Immie

hjmick
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Man! Gotta love Caller ID. What gives those SOB's the right to interupt my dinner time with more of their damned lies anyway? Even worse, they don't have the decency to do it with a real person so that I can tell them not to call my house again. They have to tape it and make me listen to some robotic voice and they have the gall to expect me to listen to a ten minute spiel of lies? Even more irritating are the calls that we are getting now that say, "Please hold for an important message from John McCain"! BS if you think I'm holding for a message from him!

Immie

I have caller ID as well, when I listened to them it was via my answering machine...while I was doing something else...in another room.

manu1959
02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
we got five calls from dems .... wife and i are registered pubs.....idiots

Mr. P
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I have caller ID as well, when I listened to them it was via my answering machine...while I was doing something else...in another room.

Same here..three yesterday..two from Mitt, one from John.

LiberalNation
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Never get any calls here.

Immanuel
02-07-2008, 07:54 AM
Never get any calls here.

Cause they don't care about you. ;) But we do! :D

Immie

Abbey Marie
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I got a sneaky one from Ron Paul. It didn't say who was calling, but asked me what I considered the most important issue, and when I chose it, it turned into a "Ron Paul is the best candidate to fight against issue "x" message. Honestly, I felt tricked, and it made me really dislike him.

On the other hand, I received an upfront call from Duncan Hunter after he dropped out of the race, thanking me very genuinely for my support, and telling me that he will continue to fight for conservative issues.

What a difference...