PDA

View Full Version : Hillary During Watergate: By Her Boss

Kathianne
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Who just happens to be a lifelong Democrat. Teddy doesn't come out too good either:

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/hillarys-crocodile-tears-in-connecticut

Hillary’s Crocodile Tears in Connecticut

AIM Column | By Jerry Zeifman | February 5, 2008

Only a few far-left Democrats supported Hillary’s recommendations.

(Exclusive to Accuracy in Media)

I have just seen Hillary Clinton and her former Yale law professor both in tears at a campaign rally here in my home state of Connecticut. Her tearful professor said how proud he was that his former student was likely to become our next President. Hillary responded in tears.

Hillary Clinton crying

My own reaction was of regret that, when I terminated her employment on the Nixon impeachment staff, I had not reported her unethical practices to the appropriate bar associations.

Hillary as I knew her in 1974

At the time of Watergate I had overall supervisory authority over the House Judiciary Committee's Impeachment Inquiry staff that included Hillary Rodham-who was later to become First Lady in the Clinton White House.

During that period I kept a private diary of the behind the scenes congressional activities. My original tape recordings of the diary and other materials related to the Nixon impeachment provided the basis for my prior book Without Honor and are now available for inspection in the George Washington University Library.

After President Nixon's resignation a young lawyer, who shared an office with Hillary, confided in me that he was dismayed by her erroneous legal opinions and efforts to deny Nixon representation by counsel-as well as an unwillingness to investigate Nixon. In my diary of August 12, 1974 I noted the following:

John Labovitz apologized to me for the fact that months ago he and Hillary had lied to me [to conceal rules changes and dilatory tactics.] Labovitz said, "That came from Yale." I said, "You mean Burke Marshall [Senator Ted Kennedy's chief political strategist, with whom Hillary regularly consulted in violation of House rules.] Labovitz said, "Yes." His apology was significant to me, not because it was a revelation but because of his contrition.

At that time Hillary Rodham was 27 years old. She had obtained a position on our committee staff through the political patronage of her former Yale law school professor Burke Marshall and Senator Ted Kennedy. Eventually, because of a number of her unethical practices I decided that I could not recommend her for any subsequent position of public or private trust.

Her patron, Burke Marshal, had previously been Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights under Robert Kennedy. During the Kennedy administration Washington insiders jokingly characterized him as the Chief counsel to the Irish Mafia. After becoming a Yale professor he also became Senator Ted Kennedy's lawyer at the time of Chappaquidick-as well as Kennedy's chief political strategist. As a result, some of his colleagues often described him as the Attorney General in waiting of the Camelot government in exile.

In addition to getting Hillary a job on the Nixon impeachment inquiry staff, Kennedy and Marshall had also persuaded Rodino to place two other close friends of Marshall in top positions on our staff. One was John Doar; who had been Marshall's deputy in the Justice Department-whom Rodino appointed to head the impeachment inquiry staff. The other was Bernard Nussbaum, who had served as Assistant U.S. Attorney in New York-who was placed in charge of conducting the actual investigation of Nixon's malfeasance.

Marshall, Doar, Nussbaum, and Rodham had two hidden objectives regarding the conduct of the impeachment proceedings. First, in order to enhance the prospect of Senator Kennedy or another liberal Democrat being elected president in 1976 they hoped to keep Nixon in office "twisting in the wind" for as long as possible. This would prevent then-Vice President Jerry Ford from becoming President and restoring moral authority to the Republican Party....

Kathianne
04-02-2008, 10:55 AM
This appears to now be hitting the MSM, this could be the end of Hillary:

http://www.northstarwriters.com/dc163.htm

March 31, 2008

Watergate-Era Judiciary Chief of Staff: Hillary Clinton Fired For Lies, Unethical Behavior

As Hillary Clinton came under increasing scrutiny for her story about facing sniper fire in Bosnia, one question that arose was whether she has engaged in a pattern of lying.

The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary’s history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther – and goes much deeper – than anyone realizes.

Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. Hillary got a job working on the investigation at the behest of her former law professor, Burke Marshall, who was also Sen. Ted Kennedy’s chief counsel in the Chappaquiddick affair. When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation – one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman’s 17-year career.

Why?

“Because she was a liar,” Zeifman said in an interview last week. “She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.”

How could a 27-year-old House staff member do all that? She couldn’t do it by herself, but Zeifman said she was one of several individuals – including Marshall, special counsel John Doar and senior associate special counsel (and future Clinton White House Counsel) Bernard Nussbaum – who engaged in a seemingly implausible scheme to deny Richard Nixon the right to counsel during the investigation....

Roadrunner
04-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Wow! Wonder why Hillary continues to let it be known that she was a member of the legal team formed to prosecute Nixon? Seems to me that only opens the door for someone to tell "the rest of the story", as has been done in the posted article. I hadn't heard that she had been fired from the committee before reading this article, but it's not really surprising news. If she should miraculously wrest the nomination from Obama, I would imagine that this little tidbit of information will become common knowledge to everyone.

PostmodernProphet
04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
how strange.....on vacation for a week, able to access only mainstream media.....and didn't hear anything at all about this......

red states rule
04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
how strange.....on vacation for a week, able to access only mainstream media.....and didn't hear anything at all about this......

and that surprises you?

PostmodernProphet
04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
been doing some research on this.....

found this....

http://mediamatters.org/static/pdf/zeifman-20080404.pdf

November 4, 1998 from the Sacramento Bee newspaper....

about an interview with Zeifman long before she ran for president....

"Zeifman does not have flattering memories of Rodham's work on the committee. "If I had the power to fire her, I would have fired her", he said." (third column, fifth paragraph)

from the Daily Kos (decidely pro-Obama, of course)

"To sum up, for those who do not want to read the entire article, Hillary concealed a public file which set precedent for the seeking of council while under congressional investigation. Then proceeded to write a brief for the court which stated the precedent, which she was concealing, did not exist."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/4/1/12146/80206/920/488267

now doesn't THAT sound familiar.....

from a radio interview

"ZEIFMAN: Well, let me put it this way. I terminated her, along with some other staff members who were -- we no longer needed, and advised her that I would not -- could not recommend her for any further positions.

BOORTZ: Why not?

ZEIFMAN: Because of her unethical conduct."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200804040011

Yurt
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
i still cannot believe the msm has not splashed this story yet. imo, this is serious, sure it happened a long time ago and she could argue that she has changed, but it just seems to me that both lib candidates are getting incredibly free rides by the press

red states rule
04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
i still cannot believe the msm has not splashed this story yet. imo, this is serious, sure it happened a long time ago and she could argue that she has changed, but it just seems to me that both lib candidates are getting incredibly free rides by the press

While the liberal media is in the tank for Obama, Hillary is a lib (and a female lib at that)

She will be given all the protection they can can give her. They will metion this is a very low key way, and offer excuses this was so long ago - who cares?

04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
This is the first time I even knew she was involved in Watergate. Why doesnt this surprise me?