PDA

View Full Version : Use of ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad’ Too “Homophobic”, Scottish Nurses Told

stephanie
02-21-2007, 05:52 AM
:dunno:
Friday February 16, 2007
By Gudrun Schultz

EDINBURGH, Scotland, February 16, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Nurses and other health care professionals should avoid using the terms ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ to refer to family relationships since the terms could be offensive to homosexual couples with children, a new directive published by Scotland’s National Health Service recommends.

Issued in conjunction with the country’s leading homosexual activist organization Stonewall Scotland, the publication is entitled Fair For All - The Wider Challenge: Good LGBT Practice in the NHS. Americans for Truth reported Feb.11 on the publication’s release.

The booklet calls for a “zero-tolerance policy to discriminatory language” among Scotland’s health care system. Included in discriminatory language is the use of terms that assume a traditional family structure of mother, father and children, according to the NHS directive.

“LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered] people can and do have children, sexual orientation or gender identity has nothing to do with good parenting or good child care,” the booklet states.

“Individual circumstances lead to varied family structures and parenting arrangements. It is important to be aware of this. When talking to children, consider using ‘parents‘, ‘carers’ or ‘guardians’ rather than ‘mother’ or ‘father‘.

Along the same lines, the directive points out, use of the terms ‘husband’, ‘wife’ and ‘marriage’ is not acceptable since such terms exclude lesbian, gay and bisexual people. Instead, health care workers should use the terms ‘partners’ and ‘next of kin’. Since ‘next of kin’ is often understood to mean nearest blood relative, however, the booklet recommends that it may be preferable to use ‘partner, close friend or close relative’ to avoid confusion.

“This allows the patient to identify and choose who is important to them.”

the rest...
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/feb/07021603.html

Merlin
02-21-2007, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't last 30 seconds in that society. They would probably put me under the jail for saying what was on my mind about that crap.

stephanie
02-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I wouldn't last 30 seconds in that society. They would probably put me under the jail for saying what was on my mind about that crap.

Well...You better get ready then...
It's headed our way...

Merlin
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Well...You better get ready then...
It's headed our way...

I,ve got one up on them though. They will have to kill me first, and I couldn't care less about that. Besides, I hear there are too many fagots in jail.

Hagbard Celine
02-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't believe this is true. It can't be. If it is, it won't last a week.

Mr. P
02-21-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't believe this is true. It can't be. If it is, it won't last a week.

So which part of "a new directive published by Scotland’s National Health Service" did you miss?

Nienna
02-21-2007, 12:36 PM
The UN, under CEDAW, has been "reprimanding" countries for celebrating Mothers' Day for years. Many democratic senators want to ratify this treaty in the US.

Hagbard Celine
02-21-2007, 12:37 PM
So which part of "a new directive published by Scotland’s National Health Service" did you miss?

Your mom.:talk2hand:

Abbey Marie
02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
If calling me "Mom" is offensive, calling me "Your Highness" will do.

This is a good story for anyone who claims that legalizing gay marriage won't cause a slippery slope with the end result of ruining the traditional family and its values.

shattered
02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
<quote>When talking to children, consider using ‘parents‘, ‘carers’ or ‘guardians’ rather than ‘mother’ or ‘father‘.</quote>

WTF is that?? "Parents", I can see. That's still relatively normal. "Carers"? "Guardians"? Bullshit.