PDA

View Full Version : Tornado's in the south after Super Tuesday - Coincidence?

-Cp
02-07-2008, 01:19 AM
So... it's my theory that God put all those tornado's in the south yesterday as punishment for their ignorance of voting for Huckabee and biogotry for Romney.. :)

02-07-2008, 02:20 AM
So... it's my theory that God put all those tornado's in the south yesterday as punishment for their ignorance of voting for Huckabee and biogotry for Romney.. :)

anythings possible. but i dont think all the states were voting yesterday

-Cp
02-07-2008, 02:43 AM
anythings possible. but i dont think all the states were voting yesterday

For the states that weren't, it was a preimptive wake-up call that they'd best NOT vote for freakin' Huckabee..:P

02-07-2008, 02:49 AM
For the states that weren't, it was a preimptive wake-up call that they'd best NOT vote for freakin' Huckabee..:P

eh. i dont know. quite frankly im waiting to hear that it's just global warming.

red states rule
02-07-2008, 06:24 AM
The expert meteorologist John "I served in Viet Nam" Kerry know exactly why the South was hit by those tornadoes

Kerry Blames Tornados on Global Warming

Ever the political opportunist, Massachusetts Democrat junior Senator, John Kerry, went on MSNBC last evening to blame yesterday's tornadoes that caused death and devastation across the south on Global Warming.
Even though rescuers hadn't finished sifting through the destruction and body counts had not yet been finalized, Senator Kerry wasted no time getting on TV to promote the Global Warming Agenda by linking the tornadoes to the issue without any evidence of such.

Kerry, interviewed on MSNBC said,
“ don’t want to sort of leap into the larger meaning of, you know, inappropriately, but on the other hand, the weather service has told us we are going to have more and more intense storms. And insurance companies are beginning to look at this issue and understand this is related to the intensity of storms that is related to the warming of the earth. And so it goes to global warming and larger issues that we’re not paying attention to. The fact is the hurricanes are more intensive, the storms are more intensive and the rainfall is more intense at certain places at certain times and the weather patterns have changed.”

Dire predictions of devastating hurricanes hitting America after the destruction caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 proved false.

for the complete article

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/249928/Kerry_Blames_Tornados_on_Global_Warming

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 06:47 AM

you're only half right.....it was for those folks who persisted in voting for Hillary.....

red states rule
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
you're only half right.....it was for those folks who persisted in voting for Hillary.....

Na, it is Pres Bush's fault for not going with Kyoto

Classact
02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Na, it is Pres Bush's fault for not going with KyotoEveryone knows that everything bad that happens is Bush's fault.

gabosaurus
02-07-2008, 11:53 AM
You are right. God sent me a text message saying pretty much the same thing. :)

red states rule
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM
You are right. God sent me a text message saying pretty much the same thing. :)

Libs believe global warming can be solved by the government - that we can change Earth's climate

But they also believe the government can't build a fence, secure the boarder, and stop illegals from coming into the US

eighballsidepocket
02-08-2008, 12:38 PM

I think God's omnipotence to allow or now allow things to happen goes way beyond all of humanity's, "peanut" sized, and "finite" sized human intuition, hope, or alleged brilliance.

Is God interested in the Presidential contest? Probably. But He's more interested in each and every individual's eternal plight. Even the one's you and I might detest. He's in the business of "wake-up" calls, but wholesale destruction/death of communities, is also part of a very fallen world too.

If you've read the book of Job in the O.T., then I'd assume your thread is "tongue and cheek", as a man deemed righteous in God's eyes, went through a very difficult (God allowed) experience, resulting in Job's increased wisdom and reverence for his Maker. :)

-Cp
02-08-2008, 12:46 PM
I think God's omnipotence to allow or now allow things to happen goes way beyond all of humanity's, "peanut" sized, and "finite" sized human intuition, hope, or alleged brilliance.

Is God interested in the Presidential contest? Probably. But He's more interested in each and every individual's eternal plight. Even the one's you and I might detest. He's in the business of "wake-up" calls, but wholesale destruction/death of communities, is also part of a very fallen world too.

If you've read the book of Job in the O.T., then I'd assume your thread is "tongue and cheek", as a man deemed righteous in God's eyes, went through a very difficult (God allowed) experience, resulting in Job's increased wisdom and reverence for his Maker. :)

Why would he care so much about their "eternal plight" when everyone will ultimately be reconciled with Him someday anyway? I think it's more that he longs to have a personal relationship with them...

eighballsidepocket
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Why would he care so much about their "eternal plight" when everyone will ultimately be reconciled with Him someday anyway? I think it's more that he longs to have a personal relationship with them...

Eternal plight, and personal relationship are both synonymous.......if you check out the "book". ;)

-Cp
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I do check out the "book" - and would love to see where someone's relationship w/ God has to do with an "eternal plight"...

eighballsidepocket
02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I do check out the "book" - and would love to see where someone's relationship w/ God has to do with an "eternal plight"...

All over the bible and especially in the N.T. Jesus clearly says that eternal life with God/Him, is through a relationship with Him, which is salvation.......Born Again, Born from above........

Eternal plight or destination and relationship with God is a one-package deal. Not separable. So no eternal life with God or an eternal plight without God is the back side of the coin, or not being "born again", "born from above", "seated in the heavenlies in Christ".

There is a flip side of eternity. With or without God, but the gateway or bridge is through salvation via Christ's or the Son of God's work at the cross.

-Cp
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
So what happens to those who aren't "born again" then?

April15
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Coincidence but more like a predictable weather pattern as they were.

eighballsidepocket
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
So what happens to those who aren't "born again" then?

You said you've read the bible? Jesus was asked clearly by Nicodemus, a Pharisee, how he might have eternal life. Jesus said you must be "born again" or some translations say, "born from above".

It's very clear. Eternal life isn't based on tradition, parent's beliefs, good church attendance, etc... Faith, comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

5stringJeff
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM

I don't think God punishes hundreds of innocent people based on the voting patterns of people in their state.

red states rule
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
According to ABC News, global warming will force us to flee the Earth :laugh2

ABC: Global Warming to Force Humans to Flee Destroyed Earth?
By Scott Whitlock | February 8, 2008 - 13:05 ET
"Good Morning America" weatherman and resident environmental alarmist Sam Champion wondered on Friday if global warming could cause "the ultimate climate disaster" and force humanity to abandon Earth and live in space. (Throughout the day's themed program, various GMA hosts filed reports on space and astronauts.)

So, as a transition to a piece on liberal environmental issues, Champion segued, "And now to our series 'Global Warming: Global Warning.' Could global warming one day force us into space to live?" (The ABC weatherman appeared in a pool as part of a previous space segment on weightlessness.) Champion used the segment to preview a new documentary called "Six Degrees" that will air on the National Geographic Channel on Sunday. He failed to inform viewers that the author upon which the special is based on, Mark Lynas, is a hard-left environmentalist who once threw a pie in the face of Bjorn Lomborg at a reading of Lomborg's book, "The Skeptical Environmentalist."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2008/02/08/abc-global-warming-force-humans-flee-destroyed-earth

Black Lance
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
An interesting theory. I attributed the tornadoes to hot air currents generated by the thousands of orations given by Democrats in that area.

-Cp
02-09-2008, 12:32 AM
You said you've read the bible? Jesus was asked clearly by Nicodemus, a Pharisee, how he might have eternal life. Jesus said you must be "born again" or some translations say, "born from above".

It's very clear. Eternal life isn't based on tradition, parent's beliefs, good church attendance, etc... Faith, comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Right.. and who is the Word? It's Christ.... not some book....

John 1:1

".........the word was God".........

eighballsidepocket
02-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Right.. and who is the Word? It's Christ.... not some book....

John 1:1

".........the word was God".........

That's a "given" that the Word is Christ. Who said the Word wasn't?

And where-in does eternal life lay? In Christ.......So when He says, "Ye must be "born again" Nicodemus, in order to inherit this eternal life with God, I take it quite seriously.

So, why are we splitting words over the obvious?

"Plight" is a precarious destination or direction of life, isn't it? So you used the wording, "eternal plight"........So Christ said it is He who holds the keys to eternal plight.........Not physical death via tornados, car accidents, disease, or old age. To the true Christian, or the saved, physical death is a gateway, not the "end".

So, these tornados hit on the same day as some major Red States had their primary. Life on earth happens. It's a fallen world.

Look into the reasons behind the Tornado outbreak, anyway you want. That's your liberty. I personally don't perceive any tie or signifigance of "punishment" in it, anymore than if it was one tornado and a lesser amount of folks died or were injured. Obviously, the terrible tragedy of Tuesday will impact some nominal Christians in ways that may push them to trust God more, as they see their absolute weakness to cope with things. To others that have been considering Christ's offer of salvation, this may tip the scales for them, and cause them to go to church or open their old dust covered bible, and start searching for answers. Other's may become imbittered with God, and perceive Him as cruel, and not likeable in any way.

What goes into a man isn't as important as what proceeds out of a man. As Christ said, it's the inside of a man that will determine what he displays on the outside. You can't white wash a zebra, and expect it to become a white horse. It's still a zebra based on it's true make-up or identy given by it's Creator.
The fact that all the students at Union University were spared from death in Tennesee is wonderful, and no "punitive" of God in my finite-human thinking was displayed there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that many of those students are definitely rethinking their life ambitions, goals, and just the meaning of life too.

However, God does work through these many earthly challenges that us feeble humans get "smacked" with. It involves our God-given free will, and willingness to accept that there is a Greater Power, or Omnipotence than our human determination, or alleged power of positive thinking.

My previous mention of "Job" was never recognized in any of your replies, yet here was a man deemed righteous in God's eyes, yet he/Job endured much more than most human beings will ever have to. Why did a righteous man go through this? God loved him, yet God allowed Satan some access to make havoc with Job's life, short of killing Job. Why? Cause God is a masochist? Hardly! Through and through in the bible, we see one person after another being refined and made more educated and stronger in faith in God. It is up to man to look at his situation, and decide if he will shake his fist at God, or be humbled, and accept that he/man is no lord/captain of his life afterall.

For some, no amount of 2x4's across the skull will convince them. They will live with denial, and stubborness, and sadly, and grievously, go that way to their grave. Why? Cause man wasn't created or cloned from the same cookie cutter. In some mysterious way, God has instilled or endowed in every man/woman a uniqueness that God will not "fiddle with" as He desires a relationship with His creation based on free will, and not a coerced or forced bending of the knee to Him. Would you desire to be married to a Stepford spouse or a free-willing spouse that chose you, as you did them?

Anyway, "stuff" happens........I'll refrain from posting the original word. Man can interpret it anyway he wants, but I'm doubtful he'll come up with anything close to God's strategy or will in it.

"Plight" is a precarious or unfortunate condition according to Merriam Webster. Eternal plight is......Two forks in the road. One is easy, and wide, while the other is narrow, and difficult, but leads to saving faith in Christ. Christ said if you want to follow Me, you must take up the My cross. A cross in reference to Christ's life and Roman punishment is not a pretty thing. It involved death of "something". In Christ, it means both challenge, death to self daily, and new life or identity from the old Adamic Nature of fallen man, as a gift from God.

manu1959
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
An interesting theory. I attributed the tornadoes to hot air currents generated by the thousands of orations given by Democrats in that area.

that air collided with the cold air generated by the cold hearts of the republicans....

Mr. P
02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
That's a "given" that the Word is Christ. Who said the Word wasn't?

And where-in does eternal life lay? In Christ.......So when He says, "Ye must be "born again" Nicodemus, in order to inherit this eternal life with God, I take it quite seriously.

So, why are we splitting words over the obvious.

"Plight" is a precarious destination or direction of life, isn't it? So you used the wording, "eternal plight"........So Christ said it is He who holds the keys to eternal plight.........Not physical death via tornados, car accidents, disease, or old age. To the true Christian, or the saved, physical death is a gateway, not the "end".

So, these tornados hit on the same day as some major Red States had their primary. Life on earth happens. It's a fallen world.

Look into the reasons behind the Tornado outbreak, anyway you want. That's your liberty. I personally don't perceive any tie or signifigance of "punishment" in it, anymore than if it was one tornado and a lesser amount of folks died or were injured. Obviously, the terrible tragedy of Tuesday will impact some nominal Christians in ways that may push them to trust God more, as they see their absolute weakness to cope with things. To others that have been considering Christ's offer of salvation, this may tip the scales for them, and cause them to go to church or open their old dust covered bible, and start searching for answers. Other's may become imbittered with God, and perceive Him as cruel, and not likeable in any way.

What goes into a man isn't as important as what proceeds out of a man. As Christ said, it's the inside of a man that will determine what he displays on the outside. You can't white wash a zebra, and expect it to become a white horse. It's still a zebra based on it's true make-up or identy given by it's Creator.
The fact that all the students at Union University were spared from death in Tennesee is wonderful, and no "punitive" of God in my finite-human thinking was displayed there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that many of those students are definitely rethinking their life ambitions, goals, and just the meaning of life too.

However, God does work through these many earthly challenges that us feeble humans get "smacked" with. It involves our God-given free will, and willingness to accept that there is a Greater Power, or Omnipotence than our human determination, or alleged power of positive thinking.

My previous mention of "Job" was never recognized in any of your replies, yet here was a man deemed righteous in God's eyes, yet he/Job endured much more than most human beings will ever have to. Why did a righteous man go through this? God loved him, yet God allowed Satan some access to make havoc with Job's life, short of killing Job. Why? Cause God is a masochist? Hardly! Through and through in the bible, we see one person after another being refined and made more educated and stronger in faith in God. It is up to man to look at his situation, and decide if he will shake his fist at God, or be humbled, and accept that he/man is no lord/captain of his life afterall.

For some, no amount of 2x4's across the skull will convince them. They will live with denial, and stubborness, and sadly, and grievously, go that way to their grave. Why? Cause man wasn't created or cloned from the same cookie cutter. In some mysterious way, God has instilled or endowed in every man/woman a uniqueness that God will not "fiddle with" as He desires a relationship with His creation based on free will, and not a coerced or forced bending of the knee to Him. Would you desire to be married to a Stepford spouse or a free-willing spouse that chose you, as you did them?

Anyway, "stuff" happens........I'll refrain from posting the original word. Man can interpret it anyway he wants, but I'm doubtful he'll come up with anything close to God's strategy or will in it.

"Plight" is a precarious or unfortunate condition according to Merriam Webster. Eternal plight is......Two forks in the road. One is easy, and wide, while the other is narrow, and difficult, but leads to saving faith in Christ. Christ said if you want to follow Me, you must take up the My cross. A cross in reference to Christ's life and Roman punishment is not a pretty thing. It involved death of "something". In Christ, it means both challenge, death to self daily, and new life or identity from the old Adamic Nature of fallen man, as a gift from God.

And that post folks, is what separates a truly religious man from a "thumper".

Excellent post, eighballsidepocket!

:clap::clap::clap: