PDA

View Full Version : Should Romney stay in and try to broker the convention

02-07-2008, 02:52 AM
Romney can still mathmatically win the nomination before the convention even though its more and more unlikely. However, he could still gain enough delegates to broker the convention. and if he can keep Huckabee from winning enough delegates to give McCain a win, he can hold alot of power.

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 03:40 AM
I think mccain should be the one dropping out. He can't win in the general election, and he knows it. He can't win it without the conservative vote, and he does NOT have that. Romney OR Huckabee are the only logical choices at this point, because they CAN get the conservative vote, they HAVE BEEN getting the conservative vote. They've been splitting it, and that's how mccain has been winning. Take Huckabee and Paul out and Romney will mop the floor with mccain, and that's what mccain and the liberal media are scared shitless of.

No way Romney should drop out. Make mccain suffer. Make Huckabee suffer. Both of them for the shitty stunt they pulled conspiring against Mitt.

red states rule
02-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Romney can still mathmatically win the nomination before the convention even though its more and more unlikely. However, he could still gain enough delegates to broker the convention. and if he can keep Huckabee from winning enough delegates to give McCain a win, he can hold alot of power.

Yes Mitt should stay in. All McCain does is give a one way ticket to the WH to Obama or Hillary

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
He can't win in the general election, and he knows it.

????....pretty consistently in national polls, McCain wins in a match up against either Hillary or Obama while Romney loses to either.....

theHawk
02-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Considering Mitt is far more unelectable than McCain, and he is even more of a liberal, why would the outraged conservatives want this? I would not vote for Mitt under any circumstances. If Mitt was able to mobilize the conservatives, why hasn't he been able to do that in the primaries?

red states rule
02-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Considering Mitt is far more unelectable than McCain, and he is even more of a liberal, why would the outraged conservatives want this? I would not vote for Mitt under any circumstances. If Mitt was able to mobilize the conservatives, why hasn't he been able to do that in the primaries?

Unless I am misreading the exit polls - Mitt is getting the conservative vote

While McCain is getting the "moderate" vote

red states rule
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I think mccain should be the one dropping out. He can't win in the general election, and he knows it. He can't win it without the conservative vote, and he does NOT have that. Romney OR Huckabee are the only logical choices at this point, because they CAN get the conservative vote, they HAVE BEEN getting the conservative vote. They've been splitting it, and that's how mccain has been winning. Take Huckabee and Paul out and Romney will mop the floor with mccain, and that's what mccain and the liberal media are scared shitless of.

No way Romney should drop out. Make mccain suffer. Make Huckabee suffer. Both of them for the shitty stunt they pulled conspiring against Mitt.

PR, this one is for you

Hillary Vs. McCain?
Rejoice, fellow liberals, for with Hillary and McCain both poised to receive their party's nomination on this most Super of Super Tuesdays, November will mark the first time in U.S. history that two Democrats have ran against each other in a Presidential election.

The question everyone is asking, however, is whether McCain has what it takes to energize his liberal base. His calls for amnesty for undocumented workers, his opposition to Bush's Tax Cuts for the Wealthiest One Percent of Americans, and his long, romantic walks on the beach with Senator Kennedy suggests that he does. However, there is reason to suspect that despite his progressive record in the Senate, McCain isn't as devout a Democrat as he would like everyone to believe.

First of all, he's running as a Republican. That's already raised some eyebrows within Democrat Party circles. Secondly...well, I guess that's about it. I can't really think of any other reasons to believe that John McCain is a conservative.

Nevertheless, I'm not ready to make an official endorsement. I was almost tricked once. It may yet turn out that McCain is every bit as conservative as Obama is.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2008/02/hillary-vs-mcca.html

Yurt
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
So far, he is doing poorly against mclame, however, if he wants to go on, go for it, it is his right and mostly his money and if people want to donate to his cause, go for it. maybe something will come up on the next few months that torpedoes mclame, who knows. if he drops out now, he has zero chance. even the MSM is finally catching on that he is not getting votes almost solely because he is mormom.

gabosaurus
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Romney might have the support of the GOP establishment, but the voting masses don't like him. Look at his poor showing in California, a state that he was favored in a month earlier.

The only hope for GOP unity is to cobble their allegiances. The smart thing would be to put McCain on a ticket with Huckabee or Romney.

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Romney might have the support of the GOP establishment, but the voting masses don't like him. Look at his poor showing in California, a state that he was favored in a month earlier.

The only hope for GOP unity is to cobble their allegiances. The smart thing would be to put McCain on a ticket with Huckabee or Romney.

I beg to differ. The exit polls have shown that in every state, the conservative vote was split between Huckabee and Romney. Had either one of those been out so the other was running one on one against mccain, and they would have taken all the conservative vote, and kicked mccain's ass in a very hefty fashion. Too bad that didn't happen. We wouldn't be having this conversation. You have to remember, mccain just sqeaked by in most states by a tiny little flimsy margain. Put him head to head with either Huckabee or Romney, and he's a goner.

hjmick
02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Not just yes, but hell yes.

Trigg
02-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I have liked Huckabee, but I do think if he had dropped out before super Tuesday Romney would have done better.

Maybe it's a plot to get Romney out so Huckabee could be the VP, who knows.

02-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I have liked Huckabee, but I do think if he had dropped out before super Tuesday Romney would have done better.

Maybe it's a plot to get Romney out so Huckabee could be the VP, who knows.

Romney getting out destroys Huckabees chance of being VP