PDA

View Full Version : Some Clinton staffers going without pay

red states rule
02-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Seems Hillary is having money problems, and the liberal media is stil trying to paint Super Tuesday a draw between Hillary and Obama

Some Clinton staffers going without pay
Campaign faces cash crunch as Obama continues to raise money

WASHINGTON - Some of Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign staff have voluntarily chosen to work without pay this month, NBC News confirmed Wednesday.

Super Tuesday's mixed outcome has set up at least four weeks of frenzied delegate hunting for Clinton and Barack Obama, pitting his well-financed all-terrain campaign against her big state strategy.

Clinton faced a serious cash crunch going into Tuesday's multi-state vote due to overspending in Iowa, a source within the campaign told NBC News. Staffers blamed campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle, who was among those working for free, the source said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23037431/

gabosaurus
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
It was not just overspending in Iowa. Clinton ads in California were unavoidable. She must have spent like a wild hog. Not to mention all the rallies and functions she put on.
My cousin David has said that Clinton's presence in Texas has been almost non-existent. Obama is very organized in the South.

red states rule
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
It was not just overspending in Iowa. Clinton ads in California were unavoidable. She must have spent like a wild hog. Not to mention all the rallies and functions she put on.
My cousin David has said that Clinton's presence in Texas has been almost non-existent. Obama is very organized in the South.

Just think how she will spend OUR money if she is elected?

BTW, Hillary must be very happy with the Bush tax cuts. She was able to keep more of the money she made, and had the $5 million to loan her campaign

Love those tax cuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
02-08-2008, 07:43 AM
It is looking like Obama might be able to pull it of and defeat Hillary

I am looking forward to her reaction if this rookie does beat her

Can Mrs. Clinton Lose?
By PEGGY NOONAN
February 8, 2008

If Hillary Clinton loses, does she know how to lose? What will that be, if she loses? Will she just say, "I concede" and go on vacation at a friend's house on an island, and then go back to the Senate and wait?

Is it possible she could be so normal? Politicians lose battles, it's part of what they do, win and lose. But she does not know how to lose. Can she lose with grace? But she does grace the way George W. Bush does nuance.

She often talks about how tough she is. She has fought "the Republican attack machine" that has tried to "stop" her, "end" her, and she knows "how to fight them." She is preoccupied to an unusual degree with toughness. A man so preoccupied would seem weak. But a woman obsessed with how tough she is just may be lethal.

Does her sense of toughness mean that every battle in which she engages must be fought tooth and claw, door to door? Can she recognize the line between burly combat and destructive, never-say-die warfare? I wonder if she is thinking: What will it mean if I win ugly? What if I lose ugly? What will be the implications for my future, the party's future? What will black America, having seen what we did in South Carolina, think forever of me and the party if I do low things to stop this guy on the way to victory? Can I stop, see the lay of the land, imitate grace, withdraw, wait, come back with a roar down the road? Life is long. I am not old. Or is that a reverie she could never have? What does it mean if she could never have it?

for the complete article

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120241915915951669.html?mod=opinion_main_comment aries

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Why is Hilary so short on cash? She is tapping the same people who funded Bill's reelection in 1996, as well as the baggage

Hillary still in bed with '96 scandal
By Jerry Seper

Nearly one in five "HillRaisers," the elite big-money fundraisers for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, have ties to the 1990s fundraising scandal that tarnished her husband's presidency by offering Democratic donors sleepovers in the Lincoln Bedroom and other perks inside the White House

Forty-nine of the Clintons' Lincoln Bedroom guests are among the 250 HillRaisers listed on Mrs. Clinton's campaign Web page, who have pledged to gather, or "bundle," at least $100,000 in donations. Some have promised to raise $1 million or more for the 2008 campaign, the most costly in U.S. history.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/NATION/942016032/1001