PDA

View Full Version : Can you support McCain?

02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Conservatives can you support McCain if he had the following as VP

LiberalNation
02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Not a con but couldn't support McCain i he took Huckabee on as his vp. Don't like that guy at all.

OCA
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM

There is no combination of Repubs this year that I could support.

glockmail
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
There is no combination of Repubs this year that I could support. You should listen to what Mitt said in his speech earlier today. The WOT is too important to let the Democrats surrender.

hjmick
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
"No" is not an option?

02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
"No" is not an option?

it is now.

hjmick
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
I voted "no" only because I'm not yet sure if I can throw my support behind him. I supported him whole heartedly in 2000, but things have changed in eight years.

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
There is no combination of Repubs this year that I could support.

Hands down... ITA.

remie
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Hands down... ITA.

Me too...sad aint it

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Me too...sad aint it

Totally... and that's why I plan to get out of the party and register as an Independent.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
register as an Independent

registering as an Independant does change the fact that come November you have a choice between voting for McCain or letting a Democrat win by default.....

actually, I am kind of disappointed....I sucked it up and voted for Bush 1 in 88 for the sake of the party, even though I couldn't stand him....now folks like you are going to bail because you didn't get your way.....

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
registering as an Independant does change the fact that come November you have a choice between voting for McCain or letting a Democrat win by default.....

actually, I am kind of disappointed....I sucked it up and voted for Bush 1 in 88 for the sake of the party, even though I couldn't stand him....now folks like you are going to bail because you didn't get your way.....

"Because I didn't get my way?" You just can't make a post without some sort of sarcasm can you PmP? You're almost as bad as bullypul anymore.

Let me set you straight... I'm getting out of the party because NO ONE IT REPRESENTS ME AS A CONSERVATIVE!

I hope that's SIMPLE enough for you to understand.

02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
"Because I didn't get my way?" You just can't make a post without some sort of sarcasm can you PmP? You're almost as bad as bullypul anymore.

Let me set you straight... I'm getting out of the party because NO ONE IT REPRESENTS ME AS A CONSERVATIVE!

I hope that's SIMPLE enough for you to understand.

i understand. but we could get a representative if we get a good VP

Pale Rider
02-07-2008, 05:29 PM
i understand. but we could get a representative if we get a good VP

Heck pard... all the V.P. does is hold the Prez' sky sick bag. He has no real power.

02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Heck pard... all the V.P. does is hold the Prez' sky sick bag. He has no real power.

yes, he has the power to be the establishment candidate after the Presidents run and he has the power to run the country if the President died. and that may happen with McCain being as old as he is.

Sitarro
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
yes, he has the power to be the establishment candidate after the Presidents run and he has the power to run the country if the President died. and that may happen with McCain being as old as he is.

Well at least you have come up with a positive scenario, knew we could count on you av.:clap:

02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Well at least you have come up with a positive scenario, knew we could count on you av.:clap:

There is always hope. and if we dont have any representative in the Presidency. we can look to the Congress. get Conservatives back in Congress to check these people.

Conservatism isnt dead. We need to have a long term view of this.

Dilloduck
02-07-2008, 06:14 PM

If anyone really wants a change, they all need to bail. The only thing the Dems and Reps have to offer is the same old shit. It's crystal clear this year but will a third party rise to take on the challenge ? If they won't, I gotta ask myself " WHY NOT? "

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 06:19 PM

You left out Newt, Kyl, Huntsman and Graham! :slap:

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 06:27 PM
There is always hope. and if we dont have any representative in the Presidency. we can look to the Congress. get Conservatives back in Congress to check these people.

Conservatism isnt dead. We need to have a long term view of this.

There is the National Republican Senatorial Committee that Senator Ensign is Chairman of and it is dedicated to retake the Senate in 2008 by keeping the seats up for re-election and taking the seat's that arn't ours.

Here is the link to their website where you can get involved and donate to help Republican's take back the Senate!
www.nrsc.com

There is also the national Republican Congressional Committee dedicated to the came purpose in the house. Being that all the seats are up for grabs in 2008 that means we can take back the house no problem what so ever.
www.nrcc.org

You can sign up at both websites to get constant email updates about the activities and candidates.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
fencepatching....

McCain cabinet.....Dept of Immigration - Tancredo....Homeland Security - Gulliani.....Treasury- Gingrich.....Agriculture-Huckabee....VP Romney....Court Jester - Paul.......

OCA
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
You should listen to what Mitt said in his speech earlier today. The WOT is too important to let the Democrats surrender.

Glock my friend this election will hinge on one thing and that 1 thing is what has ensured Hillary the Oval Office for a while now..........the hatred of Bush and mistrust of anything Republican by a vast majority of Americans.

Hugh Lincoln
02-07-2008, 08:52 PM
John McCain would have to pick David Duke for me to consider not praying that he falls under the wheels of that stupid bus.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
be honest....if he was stupid enough to pick Duke, you would probably be driving that bus.....

manu1959
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
mccain would not be my first choice....i would like romney as vp.....

none the less i will not vote for o'hillary ..... i agree with almost everything paul says.....

so i am torn.....write myself in.... write in paul.....vote mccain.....reality is i live in california.....hillary got more votes here than mccain romney combined....

Dilloduck
02-07-2008, 10:42 PM

none the less i will not vote for o'hillary ..... i agree with almost everything paul says.....

so i am torn.....write myself in.... write in paul.....vote mccain.....reality is i live in california.....hillary got more votes here than mccain romney combined....

Write yourself in. It doesn't make any difference. I'll write you in here in Texas and you can show you had supporters in two states in 2008. Big ones too !! :laugh2:

pegwinn
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
There is the National Republican Senatorial Committee that Senator Ensign is Chairman of and it is dedicated to retake the Senate in 2008 by keeping the seats up for re-election and taking the seat's that arn't ours.

Here is the link to their website where you can get involved and donate to help Republican's take back the Senate!
www.nrsc.com (http://www.nrsc.com)

There is also the national Republican Congressional Committee dedicated to the came purpose in the house. Being that all the seats are up for grabs in 2008 that means we can take back the house no problem what so ever.
www.nrcc.org (http://www.nrcc.org)

You can sign up at both websites to get constant email updates about the activities and candidates.

The first link should be http://www.nrsc.org/

manu1959
02-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Write yourself in. It doesn't make any difference. I'll write you in here in Texas and you can show you had supporters in two states in 2008. Big ones too !! :laugh2:

we were sooooo close....:cheers2:

Dilloduck
02-07-2008, 10:55 PM
we were sooooo close....:cheers2:

Be sure to thank all the volunteers who worked so hard on your campaign !!:laugh2:

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 10:58 PM
John McCain would have to pick David Duke for me to consider not praying that he falls under the wheels of that stupid bus.

David Duke is someone that no one with intelligence has ever taken seriously. He is a hate monger and a parasite on society and he is one person I hope dies a very slow and painful death.

Yurt
02-07-2008, 10:59 PM
David Duke is someone that no one with intelligence has ever taken seriously. He is a hate monger and a parasite on society and he is one person I hope dies a very slow and painful death.

what about illegals who support la razza?

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Don't think of it as a vote for Senator McCain, think of it as a vote to block Hillary or Obama Bin Laden.

Yurt
02-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Don't think of it as a vote for Senator McCain, think of it as a vote to block Hillary or Obama Bin Laden.

whooppee, vote for one democrat to block two other democrats.

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 11:06 PM
whooppee, vote for one democrat to block two other democrats.

Think what you want but even if you consider him a Democrat(Which he definatly is not) he is one that would not hesitate to bring the noise to Iran, Korea or any other nation that fucks with us. He will clean up the mess in Iraq and Afganistan and will NOT let Iran even think about going nuclear. Clinton and Obama Bin Laden wont do any of that. Obama and Clinton seem to think we can just ask the terrorists to stop and Iran to not make nuclear weapons. Hell they would offer to give Osama Bin Laden the Congressional Medal Of Honor.

nevadamedic
02-07-2008, 11:06 PM
what about illegals who support la razza?

What the hell does David Puke have to do with La Razza?

Yurt
02-07-2008, 11:14 PM
What the hell does David Puke have to do with La Razza?

you can't choose a Veep from another party, so there

Psychoblues
02-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Looks like to me that the conservative won't be voting for a genuine conservative this year. Tough shit.

Yurt
02-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Looks like to me that the conservative won't be voting for a genuine conservative this year. Tough shit.

:lol:

and who, according to your liberal highn ass, is the true conservative?

manu1959
02-08-2008, 12:09 AM

i will be writting myself in....:fu:

manu1959
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
you can't choose a Veep from another party, so there

where is that rule written down......my new fav ticket

the olde man and the browne man in 08

Psychoblues
02-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Huckleberry Hound comes closer than anything else I've seen in the republican field so far.

:lol:

and who, according to your liberal highn ass, is the true conservative?

WTF does "highn" mean?

82Marine89
02-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Nevadamedic is someone that no one with intelligence has ever taken seriously. He is a hate monger and a parasite on society and he is one person I hope dies a very slow and painful death.

Fixed it for you. :fu:

82Marine89
02-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Think what you want but even if you consider him a Democrat(Which he definatly is not) he is one that would not hesitate to bring the noise to Iran, Korea or any other nation that fucks with us. He will clean up the mess in Iraq and Afganistan and will NOT let Iran even think about going nuclear. Clinton and Obama Bin Laden wont do any of that. Obama and Clinton seem to think we can just ask the terrorists to stop and Iran to not make nuclear weapons. Hell they would offer to give Osama Bin Laden the Congressional Medal Of Honor.

You just don't get it do you? America is not the world's police force. These nations are only talking yet you want to blow them up. I don't usually use my veteran status as something that makes me better than another, but if you had ever served this country you wouldn't want to go around starting shit with other countries. That is not what America is about. It is not our responsibility to intervene in their political processes. I don't care if we don't agree with them, but we damn well better respect their sovereignty if we want them to respect ours.

Psychoblues
02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
You're a good one for that!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you. :fu:

Muchos Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5stringJeff
02-08-2008, 10:25 PM

Wow... what a convincing argument. That'll get the conservative base out in November. [/sarcasm]

Frankly, I'd rather have a liberal Democrat in the White House than a liberal Republican.

pegwinn
02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
You just don't get it do you? America is not the world's police force. These nations are only talking yet you want to blow them up. I don't usually use my veteran status as something that makes me better than another, but if you had ever served this country you wouldn't want to go around starting shit with other countries. That is not what America is about. It is not our responsibility to intervene in their political processes. I don't care if we don't agree with them, but we damn well better respect their sovereignty if we want them to respect ours.

:clap:

Yurt
02-09-2008, 12:54 AM
82Marine89;197340]You just don't get it do you? America is not the world's police force.

We often hear this phrase - world's police force. does the world need policing? or should the world be left on its own, to govern as they see fit?

These nations are only talking yet you want to blow them up. I don't usually use my veteran status as something that makes me better than another, but if you had ever served this country you wouldn't want to go around starting shit with other countries.

i have never served, my dad has and he likewise says something similar -- we should not be in iraq... whats the point -- i can disagree, but given your and his point about service, how is it i can formulate an opinion that does not mirror yours?

That is not what America is about. It is not our responsibility to intervene in their political processes. I don't care if we don't agree with them, but we damn well better respect their sovereignty if we want them to respect ours

the last sentence is great.

can we actually define borders today? we have mexico, ok. but what are really "borders?" we have illegals here in the effing millions. enemies? no doubt, they are here, in the hundreds, if not hundreds of thousands or millions...

let me ask you this:

what if a "political" process effected your sovereignty?

5stringJeff
02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Has anyone noticed that NM, the resident McCain campaign hack, would support McCain taking "Multiple Choice Mitt," as NM calls him, as his VP? How very principled of him! :rolleyes:

82Marine89
02-09-2008, 01:16 PM
We often hear this phrase - world's police force. does the world need policing? or should the world be left on its own, to govern as they see fit?

They should be left on their own. It is not our job to tell them if they should be a democracy or a dictatorship. If it doesn't effect our national security, we should not be there.

i have never served, my dad has and he likewise says something similar -- we should not be in iraq... whats the point -- i can disagree, but given your and his point about service, how is it i can formulate an opinion that does not mirror yours?

Supporting a war is one thing, saying that we need to invade every country because we think they might be trouble in the future is another. What I was trying to say and I probably should have clarified it is that most folks who are the biggest supporters of invading another country have never served, while most veterans would prefer to wait things out, assess the situation, then decide what to do if anything.

the last sentence is great.

can we actually define borders today? we have mexico, ok. but what are really "borders?" we have illegals here in the effing millions. enemies? no doubt, they are here, in the hundreds, if not hundreds of thousands or millions...

let me ask you this:

what if a "political" process effected your sovereignty?

Let me think about this and respond later.

On edit;

If a political process of this nation effects our sovereignty, the answer is to revolt. Violent or non-violent would depend on the situation. If the political process of another nation effects the sovereignty of our great Nation, my response would be to end it by whatever means necessary.

pegwinn
02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
To put it bluntly. Unless that nation presents a clear and present physical danger to the United States, the only way I want to see it is as a tourist. I am damn tired of attending memorials or sending messages of condolences to the next of kin.

If the nation is opposed to our interests politically then we can shackle and strip them diplomatically and economically assuming the pols have the balls.

Now, if someone shoots at me or mine, then we should destroy them utterly until our enemies are driven before us and the only sound is the lamentations of the women. Then; We leave with whatever we can carry. Finally; We don't institute a Marshall Plan.

Btw, the bold part is paraphrasing a line in one of the Conan movies. I love it since it describes perfectly how I feel about conducting a war.