02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Story Highlights

Dozens of people face charges, ranging from money laundering to murder
Gambino family accused of profiting from extortion
Several companies allegedly paid a "mob tax," Department of Labor official says
Police in Italy also make 77 arrests in connection with organized crime

Full Story................
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/07/gambino.roundup/index.html

They also went after Genovese and Bonanno. I bet we will see people making deals left and right here.

I also think it is safe to bet that these families are going to dissolve and not last much longer. I think the Mafia will be the thing of the past.

Yurt
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM
and it was all due to you, wasn't it

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
and it was all due to you, wasn't it

You really need to grow up.

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
If you think the Mafia is going to disappear, your intelligence is questionable. Much larger "sweeps" and busts have been made in the past, all to no avail.
The current Mafia has seven major "families," all of which originate in Italy. They have more influence now than ever.

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 02:52 AM
If you think the Mafia is going to disappear, your intelligence is questionable. Much larger "sweeps" and busts have been made in the past, all to no avail.
The current Mafia has seven major "families," all of which originate in Italy. They have more influence now than ever.

They have lost more influence then ever since the Commission trials. They are now nothing more then street gangs. Bloods and Crips have more power then the Mafia does anymore. The Mafia is going to be a distant memory soon.

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2008, 04:17 AM
I agree, modern street gangs, have taken over.

The mafia's dont have the power they once did

They have lost more influence then ever since the Commission trials. They are now nothing more then street gangs. Bloods and Crips have more power then the Mafia does anymore. The Mafia is going to be a distant memory soon.

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Organized crime and streets gangs operate in different ways. They both have as much power as ever.