PDA

View Full Version : Mitt failed authenticity test

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Excellent analysis by the Los Angeles Times. Romney couldn't overcome the failures of his past.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-assess8feb08,0,7191816.story

Yurt
02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
seriously, you post like a fly on the wall, and then buzz off. most of the time. why don't you truly be like the fly and stick around to answer the posts on the wall?

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Because, unlike you, I have many things to do. Like go to class, do homework and take care of my husband.
I realize that your life is totally unencumbered by such trivialities as education and family. So do continue to post on. :)

Dilloduck
02-08-2008, 01:26 AM
seriously, you post like a fly on the wall, and then buzz off. most of the time. why don't you truly be like the fly and stick around to answer the posts on the wall?

She's way too busy to defend herself !! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Excellent analysis by the Los Angeles Times. Romney couldn't overcome the failures of his past.

Actually that is complete bullshit. Mitt dropped out of the race because he knew he couldn't win and he realized that the only one who can win the War On Terror is Senator McCain and he realizes it is to important of a fight to let Obama Bin Laden or Hitlery get anywhere near it.

stephanie
02-08-2008, 06:24 AM

What are Obama positions??

I haven't really heard any..All I hear is him talking like preacher(trying to pretend like his is a younger MLK) and not mentioning any of what he has in mind for our country...

Can you enlighten us.... Please?????

red states rule
02-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Actually that is complete bullshit. Mitt dropped out of the race because he knew he couldn't win and he realized that the only one who can win the War On Terror is Senator McCain and he realizes it is to important of a fight to let Obama Bin Laden or Hitlery get anywhere near it.

McCain is a liberal, and will lead the Republican party to defeat in November. While I will NOT vote for McCain or Hillary/Obama, I will support true conservatives, and try to bring back the party in 2010 and 2012

Michelle Malkin summed it up very well

snip

Look at Barack Obama. Four years ago, he was in the Illinois legislature. Now, he's on the cusp of the presidency.

If you can't stomach John McCain, channel your support and energies to Republicans who do represent your values and who have treated the conservative base as allies instead of enemies. There is a new generation of combat veterans running for office who haven't made a career of trashing the base. Check out staunch economic, social and national security conservative congressional candidates like Iraq/Afghanistan veteran Eric Egland in California's 4th district. Check out the Vets for Freedom (vetsforfreedom.org) group for their endorsements.

Opposed to the amnesty bill? Republican Sens. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, Thad Cochran of Mississippi, James Inhofe of Oklahoma and John Cornyn of Texas all fought the McCain-Kennedy-Graham-Martinez-Bush open-borders disaster. All of those senators are up for re-election this year. Send them some money. Then send a few more bucks to the enforcement proponents on the House side, as well.

Don't sit and wait for the fence to get built. It won't be finished under the Bush administration or a McCain administration or an Obama or Hillary Clinton administration. What you can do is pressure mayors and police chiefs and city councils to rescind dangerous sanctuary policies. What you can do is alert county sheriffs that you want them to work with the feds to end illegal alien catch-and-release policies in your neighborhood. What you can do is stop patronizing businesses that you know are knowingly employing illegal immigrants using fake IDs and stolen Social Security numbers.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/02/quo_vadis_conservatives.html

-Cp
02-08-2008, 10:52 AM
What are Obama positions??

I haven't really heard any..All I hear is him talking like preacher(trying to pretend like his is a younger MLK) and not mentioning any of what he has in mind for our country...

Can you enlighten us.... Please?????

http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

Iraq War
Get our troops out by the end of 2009. (Jan 2008)
No permanent bases in Iraq. (Jan 2008)
2002: Iraq will require US occupation of undetermined length. (Jan 2008)
FactCheck: No, violence in Iraq is LOWER than 2 years ago. (Jan 2008)
Congress decides deployment level & duration, not president. (Dec 2007)
Surge strategy has made a difference in Iraq but failed. (Nov 2007)
Clinton has not been consistent on the Iraq War. (Oct 2007)
2002: I don't oppose all war; I do oppose dumb war. (Oct 2007)
Leave troops for protection of Americans & counterterrorism. (Sep 2007)
Hopes to remove all troops from Iraq by 2013, but no pledge. (Sep 2007)
Surge has not succeeded because it ignores political issues. (Sep 2007)
Tell people the truth: quickest is 1-2 brigades per month. (Sep 2007)
No good options in Iraq--just bad options & worse options. (Aug 2007)
Be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in. (Jul 2007)
Troops not dying in vain; but we need plans for success. (Jul 2007)
We live in a more dangerous world because of Bush's actions. (Jun 2007)
Case for war was weak, but people voted their best judgment. (Jun 2007)
War in Iraq is "dumb" but troops still need equipment. (Apr 2007)
Increase ground forces in Iraq to decrease troop rotations. (Apr 2007)
Open-ended Iraq occupation must end: no military solution. (Apr 2007)
Begin withdrawal May 1 2007; finish by March 31 2008. (Apr 2007)
Open dialogue with both Syria and Iran. (Apr 2007)
Withdraw gradually and keep some troops in Iraq region. (Mar 2007)
Iraq 2002: ill-conceived venture; 2007: waste of resources. (Feb 2007)
Longtime critic of Iraq war. (Nov 2006)
The surge reduced violence, but at enormous cost. (Jan 2006)
Begin a phased redeployment to send a clear signal. (Jan 2006)
Saddam did not own and was not providing WMD to terrorists. (Oct 2004)
Initial military was extraordinarily successful in Iraq. (Oct 2004)
Invading Iraq was a bad strategic blunder. (Oct 2004)
We must make sure that Iraq is stable having gone in there. (Oct 2004)
Advance the training speed and get the reconstruction moving. (Oct 2004)
Democratizing Iraq will be more difficult than Afghanistan. (Oct 2004)
Never fudge numbers or shade the truth about war. (Jul 2004)
Set a new tone to internationalize the Iraqi reconstruction. (Jul 2004)
Iraq war was sincere but misguided, ideologically driven. (Jul 2004)
Not opposed to all wars, but opposed to the war in Iraq. (Jul 2004)
International voice in Iraq in exchange for debt forgiveness. (Jul 2004)

Classact
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm

Iraq War
Get our troops out by the end of 2009. (Jan 2008)
No permanent bases in Iraq. (Jan 2008)
2002: Iraq will require US occupation of undetermined length. (Jan 2008)
FactCheck: No, violence in Iraq is LOWER than 2 years ago. (Jan 2008)
Congress decides deployment level & duration, not president. (Dec 2007)
Surge strategy has made a difference in Iraq but failed. (Nov 2007)
Clinton has not been consistent on the Iraq War. (Oct 2007)
2002: I don't oppose all war; I do oppose dumb war. (Oct 2007)
Leave troops for protection of Americans & counterterrorism. (Sep 2007)
Hopes to remove all troops from Iraq by 2013, but no pledge. (Sep 2007)
Surge has not succeeded because it ignores political issues. (Sep 2007)
Tell people the truth: quickest is 1-2 brigades per month. (Sep 2007)
No good options in Iraq--just bad options & worse options. (Aug 2007)
Be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in. (Jul 2007)
Troops not dying in vain; but we need plans for success. (Jul 2007)
We live in a more dangerous world because of Bush's actions. (Jun 2007)
Case for war was weak, but people voted their best judgment. (Jun 2007)
War in Iraq is "dumb" but troops still need equipment. (Apr 2007)
Increase ground forces in Iraq to decrease troop rotations. (Apr 2007)
Open-ended Iraq occupation must end: no military solution. (Apr 2007)
Begin withdrawal May 1 2007; finish by March 31 2008. (Apr 2007)
Open dialogue with both Syria and Iran. (Apr 2007)
Withdraw gradually and keep some troops in Iraq region. (Mar 2007)
Iraq 2002: ill-conceived venture; 2007: waste of resources. (Feb 2007)
Longtime critic of Iraq war. (Nov 2006)
The surge reduced violence, but at enormous cost. (Jan 2006)
Begin a phased redeployment to send a clear signal. (Jan 2006)
Saddam did not own and was not providing WMD to terrorists. (Oct 2004)
Initial military was extraordinarily successful in Iraq. (Oct 2004)
Invading Iraq was a bad strategic blunder. (Oct 2004)
We must make sure that Iraq is stable having gone in there. (Oct 2004)
Advance the training speed and get the reconstruction moving. (Oct 2004)
Democratizing Iraq will be more difficult than Afghanistan. (Oct 2004)
Never fudge numbers or shade the truth about war. (Jul 2004)
Set a new tone to internationalize the Iraqi reconstruction. (Jul 2004)
Iraq war was sincere but misguided, ideologically driven. (Jul 2004)
Not opposed to all wars, but opposed to the war in Iraq. (Jul 2004)
International voice in Iraq in exchange for debt forgiveness. (Jul 2004)The first two items on the list are impossible. If Obama is elected every terrorist in the ME will be in Iraq so they can claim they made the US flee. If he tries to remove troops weapons and money will flow to opposite sides from Iran and Saudi Arabia and wallah ME War and $10-$15 a gallon for gas. It would take over a year just to get the equipment out in a peaceful situation.

For Romney... the media had chosen 9-11 guy and then open primaries allowed some steam for McCain along with the Huckster wowing the religious folks... the attention went to Romney too late because the SC and FL primaries were so close together... The Cuban vote in FL was what killed Romney's chances... the Cubans threw all their support behind McCain and then when WV closed early in the day with a rollover for the Huckster due to McCain votes the momentum was too great with the religious south rallying to the Huckster.

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Romney failed because he could never be nailed down on the prominent issues. He failed to appeal to the majority of voters. Romney is way out of step with the mainstream of America.
Two months ago, Romney was a major player in California. By time of the primary, he had slipped behind.
McCain's bullshit is much better than Romney's. That is why he will be the nominee.

Classact
02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Romney failed because he could never be nailed down on the prominent issues. He failed to appeal to the majority of voters. Romney is way out of step with the mainstream of America.
Two months ago, Romney was a major player in California. By time of the primary, he had slipped behind.
McCain's bullshit is much better than Romney's. That is why he will be the nominee.Make a note on your calendar or diary that the main issue by the time of the election will be Illegal Immigration. Not the war but the economy and illegal immigration, illegal immigration will remain the top issue over the next ten years because it will cause a division in America across political party lines.

When and as the economy slides illegal immigrants will be shifted from state to state because they will be in competition with American workers... some could be killed if they hesitate... The economy and illegal immigration will compound the problems of each issue and people of both parties will wish they had listened to Romney in stead of following the information I posted in my last post on this thread. Mark my word and revisit the illegal immigrant issue in six months and in a year and see who is correct.

Trigg
02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
McCain's bullshit is much better than Romney's. That is why he will be the nominee.

IMO he failed to appeal to voters because some couldn't get over the fact that he's Mormon. I kept telling myself it wouldn't matter, but I think it did to many people.

I every debate I watched he was much better than McCain on the issues. McCain has been in Washington for 25 years he hasn't solved anything and won't if sent there again. The McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill was a joke and I can't believe anyone still thinks he'll do anything about illegal immigration.

As for your Obama 08 avitar, except for him being a good public speaker I doubt he'll do anything for the country either if elected. HE has no substance and hasn't been doing the job he was already elected for, considering he started running for president as soon as he got to Washington. Hillary already pointed out in one debate that he's voted "Present" in over 100 votes. What a guy, just who I want in charge, someone who doesn't want to take a stand.

02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
How can Romney have been the establishment candidate when McCain was? How could he have been the establishment when the entire establishment, every single other candidate, hated the man?

Romney wasnt the establishment candidate. he was the outsider. And the party leaders wanted him shut down. And they succeeded.

PostmodernProphet
02-08-2008, 01:14 PM
let's be honest....none of the Republicans WANTED to be the 'establishment' candidate.....they all were the candidates for 'change'.....