PDA

View Full Version : I detest some of your styles

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2008, 02:30 AM
I wont name names, but i detest some of the mean spirited, name calling, personal attacks, that certain users use, like i use oxygen.

I protest these methods, and may start calling out more people for it.

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 02:58 AM
I wont name names, but i detest some of the mean spirited, name calling, personal attacks, that certain users use, like i use oxygen.

You use Oxygen?!?

diuretic
02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Styles? You ain't seen nothin' Martin, I still have a 1973 body shirt AND three sets of Safari suits! NOW you can hate my styles!!! :laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2008, 03:33 AM
U have never been involved in any frayes on this board.

I appreciate your styel

Styles? You ain't seen nothin' Martin, I still have a 1973 body shirt AND three sets of Safari suits! NOW you can hate my styles!!! :laugh2:

diuretic
02-08-2008, 03:38 AM
I had my moments Martin, way back when here* (I think it was here, could have been "in another place" as they say in parliament, anyway it involved PR telling me to burn in hell in a rep comment lol). I just don't take it as seriously as I used to, it's good to have a serious discussion but the personal sniping is a bit old.

However it's funny :laugh2:

*I know I was a shit-stirrer....heck, still am....:coffee:

stephanie
02-08-2008, 03:48 AM

Those should be in a museum....for clothes from those wild and wacky 70s...:laugh2:

diuretic
02-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Those should be in a museum....for clothes from those wild and wacky 70s...:laugh2:

I tried...they told me to get out or they'd call the fashion police! No taste those people! I would have donated my cherry coloured platform shoes to the Bata Museum in Toronto but Canadian Customs made me put them in the bin...something about fungus. No fun I tell you. :cool:

Ah but the 70s! Sartorial splendour! :laugh2:

stephanie
02-08-2008, 05:44 AM
I tried...they told me to get out or they'd call the fashion police! No taste those people! I would have donated my cherry coloured platform shoes to the Bata Museum in Toronto but Canadian Customs made me put them in the bin...something about fungus. No fun I tell you. :cool:

Ah but the 70s! Sartorial splendour! :laugh2:

I do miss those bell bottoms pants with the holes and all them neat patches on them...:laugh2:

diuretic
02-08-2008, 06:09 AM
I do miss those bell bottoms pants with the holes and all them neat patches on them...:laugh2:

I miss being able to fit into a body shirt :lol:

stephanie
02-08-2008, 06:12 AM
I miss being able to fit into a body shirt :lol:

Ah damnit......you had to bring THAT up.......:slap:

PostmodernProphet
02-08-2008, 06:13 AM

but did you have a Nehru jacket?....I wore one to my junior prom, sort of the color of dijon mustard......

http://www.baronboutique.com/mens_suit/velvet/mens_velvet_nehru_jacket.jpg

by the way, I did manage to find a photo of you in your safari suit....

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/uploads/post-1130-1152267649.jpg

diuretic
02-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Ah damnit......you had to bring THAT up.......:slap:

:laugh2:

Oh well...:cheers2:

diuretic
02-08-2008, 06:50 AM
but did you have a Nehru jacket?....I wore one to my junior prom, sort of the color of dijon mustard......

http://www.baronboutique.com/mens_suit/velvet/mens_velvet_nehru_jacket.jpg

by the way, I did manage to find a photo of you in your safari suit....

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/uploads/post-1130-1152267649.jpg

Nehru jacket...........*envy*

That's a Safari suit convention! All that bling and blong :D

stephanie
02-08-2008, 07:00 AM
:lol:

Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....:laugh2:

CockySOB
02-08-2008, 07:53 AM

I detest people posting crap like this in the USA Political Discussion area rather than in the Lounge or Steel Cage areas.

Explain to me, Martin, how your whining is in any way, shape or form related to USA Politics.

(Maybe I'm just grouchy because I just woke up. Meh.)

diuretic
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Just be glad you didn't wake up in the 70s Cocky...and have to think about what to wear for work............(psssttt.....the check flairs are okay).

CockySOB
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Just be glad you didn't wake up in the 70s Cocky...and have to think about what to wear for work............(psssttt.....the check flairs are okay).

Heh.... :coffee:

gabosaurus
02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I keep waiting for the Disco revival. My sister wore some outrageous clothes when she was in high school.

eighballsidepocket
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Too much time spent on forums isn't that different from compulsive type activities at times.

Folks take the comment of others way too much "to heart". When folks hide behind their anonymous P.C.'s they can be pretty brash and brave with their bravado statements.

Folks that seem to spend the entire days ranting or going back and forth, in my opinion, are addicted, to a type of escapism or "high", and probably should take some time-off from posting, and breath some air and go out and shovel snow or do some gardening.........maybe even prune some trees if you've got a back yard.

Forums are fun and can be educational, but I've noticed that folks that post in myriads, are in some ways addicted to input and output of themselves and those that "reply".

I even think that a few here that are married, ought to rethink how much P.C. time they spend. Also those who are employed and using company P.C.s to play on the forum ought to think about how sincere they are in giving their employer their full attention, and quality of work-contribution.
A lot of you folks ought to make up a log of time-spent on forums such as this on a daily basis, and maybe there's hope for you to make a "break" with denial, and try leaving the forum bubble of life, and offer your humanity to other endeavors that contribute to real touchable lives in your physical sphere. :)

I've seen these kind of threads, where a poster starts to develope this syndrome of being "disliked" and will vocalize it. That is time for that poster to take a "break" because the forum has become akin to an addiction. The forum should never, never affect a person in this way, unless it has become too, large in that person's total life-scope.

I would recommend therapy or some kind of alternative activity, but do not post or go near a forum for several days. I'm serious.

OCA
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

And this will have an effect on anyone or anything? How so?

This fucking makes me laugh so hard I might piss myself.

typomaniac
02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

And this will have an effect on anyone or anything? How so?

This fucking makes me laugh so hard I might piss myself.

Would that be unusual? :laugh2:

OCA
02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Would that be unusual? :laugh2:

Without a twelve pack in me yes it would be unusual.