PDA

View Full Version : Air America Runs Romney-Supporters-for-Mass-Murder Skit

red states rule
02-08-2008, 06:49 AM
The liberal media and the left falsely refers to conservative talk radio as "hate radio" yet they say nothing about liberal talk radio when they show their true colors

Here is the latest from the kook left at Dead Air America. Given their low ratings, you may not have heard about this

'KILLING RAMPAGE'

Rhodes Skit Says Romney Supporters Will Kill Innocent People

snip

But her latest stunt makes that one sound tame by comparison. Here's a transcript of the "ad", followed by a YouTube clip with the full audio:

ANNOUNCER: The following is a paid advertisement from Republicans for Mitt Romney, or mass suicide. If John McCain is the Republican Presidential nominee, it will destroy the Republican Party. We’re Romney supporters and we know. Cause, if you vote for John McCain, we’re going to go on a killing rampage. Hey, better dead then moderate.”

REPUBLICAN CHARACTER VOICE: "Look, I for one don’t want to die in a hail of gun fire from crazed Mitt Romney supporters, but it’s better then nominating a man who opposed the Bush tax cuts. Hell, John McCain spent years in a North Vietnamese prison. A prison? That doesn’t make him a hero. That makes him an ex-con.”

ANNOUNCER: Exactly, and um, you know what men do in prison. You see if John McCain is President, he’ll make sodomy mandatory. Now, Mitt Romney, well, he believes all sex should be outlawed.

SECOND REPUBLICAN CHARACTER VOICE: As a true Republican, I’m prepared to poison my own children if John McCain is the nominee, but I do wish there was another way.”

ANNOUNCER: There is. If Mitt Romney is the nominee, he’ll give everyone a free new car, made by people in Michigan, with company-paid health care and pensions just like 1955. If John McCain is the nominee, well, we are going to kill everybody, then turn the guns on ourselves. So choose wisely this election day. This has been a paid ad for Republicans for Mitt Romney, or (gun cocking sound effect) mass suicide.

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2008/02/randi-rhodes-airs-unhinged-anti-romney.html

Immanuel
02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
That is pretty sick. Isn't there something in the McCain-Feingold Act that prohibits this kind of advertising? I'll have to look that up.

But the good news is that it was played on Air America and even better on Randi Rhodes show so the 75 people that heard it won't make much of a difference.

Immie

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:11 AM
That is pretty sick. Isn't there something in the McCain-Feingold Act that prohibits this kind of advertising? I'll have to look that up.

But the good news is that it was played on Air America and even better on Randi Rhodes show so the 75 people that heard it won't make much of a difference.

Immie

With BS like this, libs wonder why they can't compete with conservatives in the talk radio world

If Rush or Sean would have done this, it would be on the front page of the NY Times, and one of the lead stories on the network news shows

Immanuel
02-08-2008, 08:24 AM
With BS like this, libs wonder why they can't compete with conservatives in the talk radio world

If Rush or Sean would have done this, it would be on the front page of the NY Times, and one of the lead stories on the network news shows

Notice that she is basically running an ad for McCain to defeat Romney. Like I asked before, Isn't there something in the McCain-Feingold Act that prevents this kind of advertising? Or maybe he exempted his own advertisements?

Yes, if Rush or Sean had run something like this against a Democrat, the media would have been spitting bricks and would not shut up about this for at least three weeks. But then again, the 75 people that heard it won't make a difference.

Immie

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Notice that she is basically running an ad for McCain to defeat Romney. Like I asked before, Isn't there something in the McCain-Feingold Act that prevents this kind of advertising? Or maybe he exempted his own advertisements?

Yes, if Rush or Sean had run something like this against a Democrat, the media would have been spitting bricks and would not shut up about this for at least three weeks. But then again, the 75 people that heard it won't make a difference.

Immie

McLame-Feinfold was written to silence conservatives ads - so it may not have an impact on liberal ads. Besides, this is a "parody" and is not covered

Remember how the US Senate wasted time over the hyped non-scandle over Rush and his "phoney soldier" remark?

I wonder if Harry Reid will comment on this issue

Immanuel
02-08-2008, 08:32 AM
McLame-Feinfold was written to silence conservatives ads - so it may not have an impact on liberal ads. Besides, this is a "parody" and is not covered

Oh, I see, so in order to get around the McCain-Feingold Act, if you want to Slander your opponent, you use a parody rather than a real ad. Now, I understand. :) There are always loopholes aren't there?

Immie

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh, I see, so in order to get around the McCain-Feingold Act, if you want to Slander your opponent, you use a parody rather than a real ad. Now, I understand. :) There are always loopholes aren't there?

Immie

That is how liberal talk radio operates my friend

Immanuel
02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
That is how liberal talk radio operates my friend

Well, actually, that should read, "That is how Politics operates my friend". It should not even be reserved for "liberal" politics either.

Immie

bullypulpit
02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Red, what was the date on which that skit aired? Could it have been after Romney dropped out? Even if it wasn't, does it really matter at this point? And, of course, you're making a tempest in a teacup. The "ad" was parody...it wasn't an actual ad.

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Red, what was the date on which that skit aired? Could it have been after Romney dropped out? Even if it wasn't, does it really matter at this point? And, of course, you're making a tempest in a teacup. The "ad" was parody...it wasn't an actual ad.

Why am I not surprised you do not care about more hate coming from liberal talk radio

Yet you guys have a daily stroke over what conservatives like Rush and Sean say on their shows. They have never joked about killing their political opponents

Immanuel
02-08-2008, 08:48 AM

BP,

What difference does it make if it was parody? Parody is a form of communication and it relays a message. It doesn't have to be truthful to convey the message they were intending to convey.

If Rush had made a similar skit about Obama supporters there would have been hell to pay.

Immie

red states rule
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
BP,

What difference does it make if it was parody? Parody is a form of communication and it relays a message. It doesn't have to be truthful to convey the message they were intending to convey.

If Rush had made a similar skit about Obama supporters there would have been hell to pay.

Immie

Air Amercia has a long history of running this type of garbage. When pres Bush put out his SS reform plan, Ms Rhodes played the sound of shotgus going off and said "This is our answer you little bastard"

With libs like BP, if he did not have his double standards, he would have no standards at all

red states rule
02-09-2008, 09:36 AM
More love and tolerance from the left:

Maher: Why Didn’t Rush Die From Drugs Instead of Heath Ledger?
By Noel Sheppard | February 9, 2008 - 00:20 ET
The hatred from supposedly compassionate and open-minded Hollywoodans is something to behold, isn't it?

After all, just imagine despising a radio talk show host so much that you would suggest, on national television, that he should die of a drug overdose.

Alas, such was the case Friday evening when HBO's Bill Maher actually asked guest P.J. O'Rourke, who was talking about Rush Limbaugh's use of the over-the-counter drug oxycontin

Why couldn't have he croaked from it instead of Heath Ledger?

Honestly, can you imagine?

for the complete article

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/02/09/maher-why-didn-t-rush-die-drugs-instead-heath-ledger

02-09-2008, 03:07 PM
projection. painting someone else with the weaknesses you yourself have.

This is exactly what they are doing. they are the ones thinking of mass murdering people if they dont get their way. The very fact that it even crosses their mind should be red flags for anyone.

red states rule
02-10-2008, 06:45 AM
projection. painting someone else with the weaknesses you yourself have.

This is exactly what they are doing. they are the ones thinking of mass murdering people if they dont get their way. The very fact that it even crosses their mind should be red flags for anyone.

This from the party that valls it itself the party of tolerance, compassion, and how they welcome the open exchange of ideas and opinions