PDA

View Full Version : Time To Start Calling Our Senator's And House Members Again!

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Senator Vitter and Senator DeMint have created the Semper Fi Act Of 2008 and are proposing the leglislation in the Senate asap. We need to contact our Senators and Congressmen to get behind this. The act rescinds more than $2 million of funds for Berkeley and transfer it to the Marine Corps.

"Like most Americans, I really get disturbed when taxpayer money goes to institutions which proceed to take votes, make policy or make statements that really denigrate the military," said Sen. David Vitter, R-Louisiana, a co-sponsor of the bill.

He told CNN he believes the bill will pass. "I think it's going to have significant support."

The bill's co-sponsor, Sen. Jim DeMint, R-South Carolina, said in a written statement, "Berkeley needs to learn that their actions have consequences."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/07/berkeley.protests/index.html

We were able to make our voices heard on immigration, now we need to do so on this issue to protect one of the most respected branches of our military.

Ask your Senators and Congressmen and women to please Co-Sponsor or vote in favor of this act today!

Capitol Switchboard number 1-202-224-3121

Also you can get some great Anti Code Pink Shirts and sweatshirts here.
http://www.thecampaignstore.com/store/default.asp?parentid=374

Also Move America Forward(led by Ltc. Col. Buzz Patterson and Melanie Morgan) will hold a rally outside the Berkley City Hall on Tuesday. They have people coming in from all over the country. If you can make it you can get information here.
www.moveamericaforward.com

Even if you can't make it, there are ways to help. You can sign their petition on that page that they are presenting at that meeting and you can call, fax, email or write City Hall and the Mayor telling them what crap they are etc.

JohnDoe
02-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't see how they can do that, (our gvt), because it would specifically break the first amendment, wouldn't it? Our gvt can make no law to do this imho....

but of course i am not a constitutional scholar or guru of any sort...hahahahaha!

And if it is constitutional, they should go for it! :)

jd

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't see how they can do that, (our gvt), because it would specifically break the first amendment, wouldn't it? Our gvt can make no law to do this imho....

but of course i am not a constitutional scholar or guru of any sort...hahahahaha!

And if it is constitutional, they should go for it! :)

jd

The ruling the Berkley City Council made is Unconstitutional as well.

hjmick
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I guess you missed it yesterday. After some reflection, the mayor of Berkeley started backing away from the original letter, apologized, declared that the wording of the letter would be changed to reflect the objections they have towards the war, not the military, and I believe he went so far as to state that they did not want the recruiting center to leave. Several of the council members professed the same sentiment while a couple of others refuse to back down from the wording. In the end, the letter, whaich has yet to be mailed, will be changed and rewritten, and the Marines will stay.

Pale Rider
02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
We were able to make our voices heard on immigration, now we need to do so on this issue to protect one of the most respected branches of our military.

How the FUCK can you even post this kind of SHIT? Don't you think people here can THINK? You're backing the biggest damn, piece of shit, amnesty pushing senator in Washington, and you've never spent a single minute in the military!

Jeeezzzzuss' Christ.... unbelievable.... :talk2hand:

hjmick
02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
In fact, here's a link to the story I just mentioned:

Berkeley Backs Off On Banning Marines (http://www.nbc11.com/news/15245031/detail.html?dl=headlineclick)

JohnDoe
02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
In fact, here's a link to the story I just mentioned:

Berkeley Backs Off On Banning Marines (http://www.nbc11.com/news/15245031/detail.html?dl=headlineclick)Thanks hj for clearing things up!

jd

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 02:16 PM
How the FUCK can you even post this kind of SHIT? Don't you think people here can THINK? You're backing the biggest damn, piece of shit, amnesty pushing senator in Washington, and you've never spent a single minute in the military!

Jeeezzzzuss' Christ.... unbelievable.... :talk2hand:

Fuck off you Liberal piece of white trash. You really need to grow up.

nevadamedic
02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Here is an email Melanie Morgan asked me to get out.

Senator Jim DeMint's office has put together an OUTSTANDING video that shows you explicitly what the City Council Members of Berkeley said about our Marines and their efforts to force them to leave the city. (They include comments from the Mayor who says he's working with Code Pink, and that the Marines "don't belong here in Berkeley.")

The video also includes rebuttal by veterans of this nation who are outraged by the conduct of this American city council, and they call upon you to sign the petition at http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org We'll deliver the signatures personally to the Berkeley City Council meeting on Tuesday, February 12, 2008.

We're also asking for you to join us for our pro-troop rally that day (we'll be right outside the Berkeley City Council chambers). Complete details are posted at our website.

Now go watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCXqYvJ0DaA& Post the video to blogs, send it to email lists, forward it to your friends! - Melanie Morgan, Move America Forward

Yurt
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM

the ruling was not "unconstitutional"

it may be stupid and of no effect, but it is protected speech

Yurt
02-08-2008, 03:34 PM

pale a "liberal" -- and "white trash"

good lord, you are calling a vet those things. have you no respect? have you lost your mind?

Pale Rider
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee you retarded, slack jawed, mouth breathing, son of a bitch. Either you're for amnesty by supporting mccain, or you're against amnesty and don't support mccain. What in the holy fucking hell makes you think you can have it both ways? You are an absolute IDIOT!

All I can say is it SUCKS TO BE YOU! You're in dire need of a reality check, or you need to go back to special school for retarded children and do it over.

5stringJeff
02-08-2008, 11:08 PM

You must be an absolute moron to think the PR is a liberal. Don't you have a teenager to harass for shoplifting?

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
he is not white trash, and he is not a liberal

actsnoblemartin
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
calm down pale, you are better then this, just take a deep breath

Wake up and smell the fucking coffee you retarded, slack jawed, mouth breathing, son of a bitch. Either you're for amnesty by supporting mccain, or you're against amnesty and don't support mccain. What in the holy fucking hell makes you think you can have it both ways? You are an absolute IDIOT!

All I can say is it SUCKS TO BE YOU! You're in dire need of a reality check, or you need to go back to special school for retarded children and do it over.

pegwinn
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
As far as I know, the City Council was fine with thier actions from a legal standpoint.

And there is no law that says the fed must give them money.

Nice to see that they have "reconsidered". How very principled of them.

Pale Rider
02-08-2008, 11:59 PM
calm down pale, you are better then this, just take a deep breath

Hmmm... you haven't seen anything pard... ask Jimmy... you should have seen me in the old days back on the old board... I could make the devil himself blush... :D

nevadamedic
02-09-2008, 01:26 AM
the ruling was not "unconstitutional"

it may be stupid and of no effect, but it is protected speech

They are interfearing with a place of business, plain and simple.

pale a "liberal" -- and "white trash"

good lord, you are calling a vet those things. have you no respect? have you lost your mind?

I do have respect. I respect the fact that he served but that is it. I have no respect for him as a person. He is a big baby and only cares about one thing, himself and god forbid that you disagree with him as he throws the biggest tempertantrums I have ever seen.

Senator McCain has changed his position on Illegal Immigration you retard.

You must be an absolute moron to think the PR is a liberal. Don't you have a teenager to harass for shoplifting?

Then explain the Fuck Republican's Avatar he had and his Liberal Positions.

DrJohn
02-09-2008, 07:32 AM

You've got to remember, he thinks mclame is a conservative, too :lol:

Pale Rider
02-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Other than saying he'll close the border, his position is EXACTLY the same, which is, amnesty for the illegals, and you support him, so you support amnesty, period.

5stringJeff
02-09-2008, 12:25 PM

The "Fuck Republicans" sentiment is shared by many conservatives, because the GOP is abandoning principled conservatism in favor of restrictions of free speech and blanket amnesty for illegals. I, along with several conservatives on this board, will not vote for McCain because he is a fake conservative, and feel that the GOP is abandoning its Reaganite roots.

Please feel free to elaborate on PR's "liberal positions." In fact, go ahead and tell PR he's a liberal for taking those positions. I'm sure he's quite able to defend his stands.

Yurt
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
nevadamedic;198101]They are interfearing with a place of business, plain and simple.

what? are you stupid? interfering with business? and silly child, that is NOT unconstitutional, it might be actionable in tort, but it is NOT unconstitutional. if you are going to argue with me about constitutional issues, you might want to study first cause it is clear you have no clue what you are talking about. their speech is protected. man you are the biggest idiot on this board.

I do have respect. I respect the fact that he served but that is it. I have no respect for him as a person. He is a big baby and only cares about one thing, himself and god forbid that you disagree with him as he throws the biggest tempertantrums I have ever seen.

go away, just go. you offer nothing but worthless crap on this board. you insult him just as much as he insults you, you big effing cry baby.

bull, and if he did, how the hell can you trust him?

LiberalNation
02-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Pale ain't no liberal. He's just a crybaby and flipflopper.

But back to the subject at hand. No what they did was not unconstitutional. Stupid is about the best you're gona get there

actsnoblemartin
02-09-2008, 08:23 PM
how do i contact berkerely?

OCA
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM

Well first of all you have to be smart enough to spell it.

actsnoblemartin
02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
its eletist people like you, who are the reason im a conservative.

Such a snob :laugh2:

I should pity your need for attention, by having to tear everyone down, to build yourself up

have a nice day captian commie :salute:

Well first of all you have to be smart enough to spell it.

OCA
02-09-2008, 08:36 PM
its eletist people like you, who are the reason im a conservative.

Such a snob :laugh2:

I should pity your need for attention, by having to tear everyone down, to build yourself up

have a nice day captian commie :salute:

captian=captain.

Yes, in this case i'm an elitist but then again in comparison to you the local basehead is an elitist too.

LiberalNation
02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Can we hear a don't bring this into every single thread. I don't mind drama at all but this stuff is boring as hell.

OCA
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Can we hear a don't bring this into every single thread. I don't mind drama at all but this stuff is boring as hell.

What? Just trying to help out the spelling challenged. Don't hate me because I care about the intelligence of others.

LiberalNation
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
lol well I'm really spellin challenged and you ain't never "helped" me much. Specially now with this crap keyboard that skips every other letter till I get my own comp back.

LN insert herself into drama making it magically more interesting.

nevadamedic
02-09-2008, 08:55 PM

All the information is at www.moveamericaforward.org

Yurt
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
All the information is at www.moveamericaforward.org

you're unconstitutional