PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's Gotta Say It

Hobbit
02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, I spend the better part of yesterday afternoon in that jewel of the South, Atlanta, going to a Neal Boortz book signing. Yesterday, his new book debuted, and he began his signing tour in his home town at the Borders store in Buckhead. Living a mere 50 miles from the location and having missed the FairTax signing, I decided to go, and I got to meet the whole gang. I got autographs on both my FairTax book and my brand spanking new copy of "Somebody's Gotta Say It" from Neal Boortz, and his two more well-known staffers, Royal Marshall and the lovely Belinda Skelton. The whole crew was charming, polite, and funny. I really enjoyed it, but that's not what this thread is about. I finished the book just a little while ago, and this is the review thread.

"Somebody's Gotta Say It" is pretty much what it sounds like. It's mostly a collection of things the many people think and which need to be said, but nobody really wants to say them, except for the High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth (that's Neal Boortz, in case you didn't know). This book truly delivers on the promise of his radio show, that "You shall know the truth, and the truth will make you mad." Now, if absolutely nothing in this entire book offends or insults you, you will probably never again be insulted or offended by anything not directed specifically at you. If nothing in the book makes your blood pressure go up, I want your meds. If nothing shocks you, you listen to talk radio too much. It's that crazy.

And yet, through it all, Boortz remains entertaining and funny, ranting and raving in the humorous tone his audience has come to love. It's all spelled out in plain English with no sidestepping certain terms or topics. Nothing is sacred. No holds are barred. I recommend this book to anybody who is sick and tired of hearing tapdancing around true views, as Boortz speaks his mind and leaves you with no doubt as to where he stands.

As an added note, despite Boortz's many attacks on such ideas as the 6000 year old Earth, and his rejection of federal law prohibiting abortion (more a federal government issue than his view on abortion itself), which both tend to mobilize a lot of Christians to the mouth foaming stage, he has recieved the vast majority of the furor directed at him for his comments on teachers' unions. He still stands by his remark that teachers' unions pose a greater long-term threat to the future of this country than Islamic terrorists.

P.S. I'll probably start a few threads inspired by the book.

Hagbard Celine
02-21-2007, 03:15 PM
:wank2: Haha, just kidding.

Sounds like entertaining reading.

Hobbit
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
:wank2: Haha, just kidding.

Sounds like entertaining reading.

Quite. The most fun part is reading it while imagining the look of horror on a PC junkie's face as he read it. The sound you hear is that of 1 million veins popping simultaneously.