PDA

View Full Version : Hey OCA

Sitarro
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Are you watching the AT&T on the golf channel? Two of the most beautiful days at one of the finest places in the world. It's too bad that political correctness got the Cypress Point Club taken out of the tournament. Look here to see one of my favorite courses in the world. It makes Pebble look ordinary.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/cypresspoint000161.html

I was lucky enough to caddy for my brother in the 1985 Bing Crosby Clam Bake, the last year it had his name attached. They were still playing the Cypress Point Club back then and I can't explain just how incredible that golf course is. The pictures on the site are pretty good but you don't get the sounds of nature that are everywhere. The wind and the brutality of it on your shots is in a class by itself. As far as Pacific coastal courses, nothing compares. We stayed at a house that was on the 4th hole, an acre lot with a small ordinary redwood house, back then it was worth over a million..... no idea what it would be worth today. Some guy my brother knew had traded some land he owned in downtown Houston for it...... too bad huh? Deer, foxes and hummingbirds everywhere. I would like my ashes dropped on that peninsula..... well at least a quarter. Another quarter on Yosemite, a quarter on Rocky Mountain National Park and the last on Augusta National(the only way I'll ever play that course).

I would definitely recommend tuning in to the coverage this weekend, the shots from the blimp are wonderful.

OCA
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Are you watching the AT&T on the golf channel? Two of the most beautiful days at one of the finest places in the world. It's too bad that political correctness got the Cypress Point Club taken out of the tournament. Look here to see one of my favorite courses in the world. It makes Pebble look ordinary.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/cypresspoint000161.html

I was lucky enough to caddy for my brother in the 1985 Bing Crosby Clam Bake, the last year it had his name attached. They were still playing the Cypress Point Club back then and I can't explain just how incredible that golf course is. The pictures on the site are pretty good but you don't get the sounds of nature that are everywhere. The wind and the brutality of it on your shots is in a class by itself. As far as Pacific coastal courses, nothing compares. We stayed at a house that was on the 4th hole, an acre lot with a small ordinary redwood house, back then it was worth over a million..... no idea what it would be worth today. Some guy my brother knew had traded some land he owned in downtown Houston for it...... too bad huh? Deer, foxes and hummingbirds everywhere. I would like my ashes dropped on that peninsula..... well at least a quarter. Another quarter on Yosemite, a quarter on Rocky Mountain National Park and the last on Augusta National(the only way I'll ever play that course).

I would definitely recommend tuning in to the coverage this weekend, the shots from the blimp are wonderful.

Not yet but i'll catch the replay tonight.

I once played 4.5 holes on Cypress Point. My sister used to ride jumping horses and her barn that she rode with entered up a horse show at the stables there at Pebble so I took my clubs and went with them to play a little golf, so i'm sitting there in the afternoon and off in the distance I can see a fairway through tese pine trees, so I wander over there and walk back to the tee box and lo and behold its Cypress! Well me being the asshole I am decide i'll never have this opportunity again and I grab my clubs and got in a few holes before a guy in a cart came out and kicked my ass off!:laugh2:

It wasn't the finishing holes but it was still beautiful.