PDA

View Full Version : Bill to improve health care…in Mexico! Another Juan McAmnesty proposal

82Marine89
02-08-2008, 10:09 PM
The health care mess in the United States is a top concern of voters. Too many Americans find that, despite their best efforts, they are unable to provide quality health care for their families. Too many Americans live in fear that an illness might leave them destitute. Too many Americans spend years sacrificing to pay skyrocketing premiums only to discover that, when the need arises, their policies offer protections that are next to worthless.

Most of us agree that it’s simply not right that so many Americans, sincerely trying their best to provide for their families, are at the mercy of a phalanx of greedy insurance companies, medical malpractice lawyers, health care corporations, and other profiteers that have used decades of influence in Washington to institutionalize their chomp hold on the public jugular.

What would Americans think, then, of a member of Congress who introduced legislation, not to improve health care in the United States, but to improve health care in Mexico?

Insane? Drunk? Unworthy of public office?

What would Americans think, then, of a bill introduced in Congress that required federal agencies to come up with a plan, not to expand health coverage in the United States, but to expand health coverage in Mexico?

Impossible? Unthinkable? Wildly irresponsible?

What would Americans think, then, of the motives of a senator, who not only introduced a bill to improve Mexico’s health care system and extend coverage to a growing population of 120 million people, but gave health insurance companies the right to help devise the plan?

Blatantly corrupt? Grossly indifferent to the well-being of the American people? Downright treasonous?

Unbelievable as it may seem, the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 contained a provision giving insurance companies the right to help devise a plan for extending US health care to Mexico (Sec. 1004. BINATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH INFRASTRUCTURE AND HEALTH INSURANCE).

Even more unbelievable, the senator who sponsored the bill is not on the verge of being thrown out of office for this odious piece of legislation. No, the senator who introduced the bill, Senator John McCain of Arizona, is on the verge of locking up the Republican nomination to be our next president.

LINK (http://wehategringos.com/whg/?p=2683)

Pale Rider
02-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Don't blame me if juan mccain makes it into the White House. I wouldn't vote for the filthy puss bag under any circumstances, or the magic negro.

red states rule
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't blame me if juan mccain makes it into the White House. I wouldn't vote for the filthy puss bag under any circumstances, or the magic negro.

Alot of conservatives will not vote for him PR - he is our modern day versions of Carter and Dole

Then we will hear how the party deserted McCain, and his supporters will blame us for the Hilary/Obama administration

Pale Rider
02-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Alot of conservatives will not vote for him PR - he is our modern day versions of Carter and Dole

Then we will hear how the party deserted McCain, and his supporters will blame us for the Hilary/Obama administration

His kind of supporters we don't need in the republican party brother. They're sell outs and liberals.

JohnDoe
02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I suppose the pharma/hmo etc industry floods lobbying money in to the pockets of our leaders to keep them alive, well, and profitable....and the candidate of their choice in office.

I believe in the free market, but i am not sure how "free" it really is....or whether it belongs in something as necessary as health care at all....these insurance "middle men" that provide nothing in healthcare, are 1/3 the cost of our healthcare...

jd

red states rule
02-09-2008, 09:32 AM
I suppose the pharma/hmo etc industry floods lobbying money in to the pockets of our leaders to keep them alive, well, and profitable....and the candidate of their choice in office.

I believe in the free market, but i am not sure how "free" it really is....or whether it belongs in something as necessary as health care at all....these insurance "middle men" that provide nothing in healthcare, are 1/3 the cost of our healthcare...

jd

JD, why do liberals like you bash the companies that have saved millions of lives with their research and development of their lifesaving drugs?

I can't think of a single industry your side has not attacked.

JohnDoe
02-09-2008, 11:39 AM
JD, why do liberals like you bash the companies that have saved millions of lives with their research and development of their lifesaving drugs?

I can't think of a single industry your side has not attacked.

Rsr, it isn't bashing, it is critiquing the situation we are in, here in America.

I agree that the Pharma industry does a great deal of good with all of the medicines required in our total healthcare today, but it in no way is it a "free market" as many describe it.

Our legislators have manipulated, through legislation and regulation the "system" so that it is not operating as a free market entity in my opinion, allowing us, the consumers in the supposedly free market, to get raped....financially.

And the health insurance companies are just middle men, getting 1/3 of the cost of healthcare, as their profits without providing one single healthcare service....yet they still have us by the balls imo....and no one on the Dem side or repub side are willing to talk about it, cuz the insurance companies are some of their biggest contributors.

jd

red states rule
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Rsr, it isn't bashing, it is critiquing the situation we are in, here in America.

I agree that the Pharma industry does a great deal of good with all of the medicines required in our total healthcare today, but it in no way is it a "free market" as many describe it.

Our legislators have manipulated, through legislation and regulation the "system" so that it is not operating as a free market entity in my opinion, allowing us, the consumers in the supposedly free market, get raped....financially.

And the health insurance companies are just middle men, getting 1/3 of the cost of healthcare, as their profits without providing one single healthcare service....yet they still have us by the balls imo....and no one on the Dem side or repub side are willing to talk about it, cuz the insurance companies are some of their biggest contributors.

jd

JD, do have any idea the cost of brining a drug to market. The years of R&D, testing, and paperwork to get the drug approved?

Without government regs, health ins would be much cheaper

I have spent about $!0,000 out of pocket so far in my case, I would think of looking to others to pay the bill (meaning the governent) My 6 days in the hospital was over $32,000 - and I had to pay a little over $1200