PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee wins Kansas

02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Apparently no one told him he doesnt have a shot to win yet.

Rather amusing. If he keeps it up and manages to keep McCain from hitting the magical number it could make Romney a Kingmaker instead.

I bet Huckabee will be wishing he treated Romney better if that ever happened.

Missileman
02-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Apparently no one told him he doesnt have a shot to win yet.

Rather amusing. If he keeps it up and manages to keep McCain from hitting the magical number it could make Romney a Kingmaker instead.

I bet Huckabee will be wishing he treated Romney better if that ever happened.

This surprises you? It's patently obvious that a state that wants to realign science books with the Bible would back a candidate that wants to realign the constitution with the Bible.

5stringJeff
02-09-2008, 07:27 PM
What's nicely surprising about this is that a conservative state (Kansas) has given McCain the finger two days after he all but cinched the GOP nomination. Conservatives aren't giving up without letting their frustration with McCain be known.

02-09-2008, 07:32 PM
What's nicely surprising about this is that a conservative state (Kansas) has given McCain the finger two days after he all but cinched the GOP nomination. Conservatives aren't giving up without letting their frustration with McCain be known.

If they keep this up, we might have a brokered convention anyway. I cant support either of them so im still voting for Romney in the primary.

02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
This surprises you? It's patently obvious that a state that wants to realign science books with the Bible would back a candidate that wants to realign the constitution with the Bible.

no actually i just found it amusing that Huckabee didnt get the memo that McCain is the nominee.

Oh and if anyone hasnt heard Ron Paul is shifting his campaign to a reelection bid in texas. He isnt dropping out of the race, but he isnt going to be campaigning for President much anymore.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 07:38 PM
no actually i just found it amusing that Huckabee didnt get the memo that McCain is the nominee.

Oh and if anyone hasnt heard Ron Paul is shifting his campaign to a reelection bid in texas. He isnt dropping out of the race, but he isnt going to be campaigning for President much anymore.

He realized he was going to lose his House seat if he didn't get back. He's said, again and again, he won't go third party. We'll see.

Missileman
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Unfortunate...Paul is the only candidate willing to think outside the party box to come up with ideas that would improve things. The 2-party system is going to be the downfall of the U.S.

02-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Unfortunate...Paul is the only candidate willing to think outside the party box to come up with ideas that would improve things. The 2-party system is going to be the downfall of the U.S.

no. what is going to be the downfall of the US is corrupt people who support corrupt politicians.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 08:03 PM
no. what is going to be the downfall of the US is corrupt people who support corrupt politicians.

Personally I think the fault lies with the people not forcing responsibility on the elected that do not care for the people's interests. When the electorate holds the legislators feet to the fire, the right things are done.

The Founders had it right, the Congress is the most influential of the branches and not enough public focus is on them.

02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Personally I think the fault lies with the people not forcing responsibility on the elected that do not care for the people's interests. When the electorate holds the legislators feet to the fire, the right things are done.

The Founders had it right, the Congress is the most influential of the branches and not enough public focus is on them.

I am not sure we have a good enough electorate anymore. I dont think enough people care.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I am not sure we have a good enough electorate anymore. I dont think enough people care.

It begins with each of us. It also should get folks active about making sure their schools are teaching civics, so the young are indoctrinated into our system. It's interesting this year, my kids are getting their parents talking and many went and voted in the primaries, that skipped the 2006 election altogether. Funny how that works.

Missileman
02-09-2008, 08:16 PM

There's hardly any non-corrupt politicians. You can't really hold either side's feet to the fire without a viable 3rd party option. The Dems and Pubs have got the country pretty much split 50/50. It's damned near impossible to get anything constructive done when half is for and half is against. The deadlock is being encouraged and funded by the influence peddlers...as long as they have the ears and wallets of our politicians, we'll see no "representation" in DC.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
There's hardly any non-corrupt politicians. You can't really hold either side's feet to the fire without a viable 3rd party option. The Dems and Pubs have got the country pretty much split 50/50. It's damned near impossible to get anything constructive done when half is for and half is against. The deadlock is being encouraged and funded by the influence peddlers...as long as they have the ears and wallets of our politicians, we'll see no "representation" in DC.

Not true. All it takes is enough folks letting them know we are watching and we vote. It's worked very well throughout history, but people stopped paying attention after Watergate.

Missileman
02-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Not true. All it takes is enough folks letting them know we are watching and we vote. It's worked very well throughout history, but people stopped paying attention after Watergate.

All that's accomplished is the replacement of one scumbag for another. Both parties have a closet full of equally reprehensible characters to throw in the ring should one of those serving get to deeply into trouble.

Kathianne
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
All that's accomplished is the replacement of one scumbag for another. Both parties have a closet full of equally reprehensible characters to throw in the ring should one of those serving get to deeply into trouble.

Agreed in the outcome, but the blame is in the mirror. Third parties or what have you won't change any of it, if the electorate doesn't hold them accountable.

Missileman
02-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Agreed in the outcome, but the blame is in the mirror. Third parties or what have you won't change any of it, if the electorate doesn't hold them accountable.

I disagree. The only way to hold them accountable is to vote them out. If you vote them out, they are replaced by the aforementioned new scumbag or you vote for the other party's scumbag. Either way, nothing changes.

Look at the last 2 big shake-ups in Congress. The Pubs promised to clean things up and screwed us. A few years later, the Dems made the same promise and they screwed us too.

Kathianne
02-10-2008, 12:22 AM
I disagree. The only way to hold them accountable is to vote them out. If you vote them out, they are replaced by the aforementioned new scumbag or you vote for the other party's scumbag. Either way, nothing changes.

Look at the last 2 big shake-ups in Congress. The Pubs promised to clean things up and screwed us. A few years later, the Dems made the same promise and they screwed us too.

and the last time you wrote or called any of your representatives and explained how you wanted them to vote on some issue you really cared about?

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 12:22 AM
'Tis true. It is impossible electorally for Huckeberry to win but he still has a voice in the conservative values conversation. Apparently, Sir John is listening.

Missileman
02-10-2008, 12:31 AM
and the last time you wrote or called any of your representatives and explained how you wanted them to vote on some issue you really cared about?

That would be a waste of effort. I'd be happy if they actually just went to DC and worked on "the people's" business.

Kathianne
02-10-2008, 12:34 AM
That would be a waste of effort. I'd be happy if they actually just went to DC and worked on "the people's" business.

When you and more feel differently then things will change. When the electorate becomes involved, Congress listens ala Dubai and amnesty. Problem is, they don't get fired up all that easily.

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 01:57 AM
What the hell does Dubai have to do with all this, kitty?

When you and more feel differently then things will change. When the electorate becomes involved, Congress listens ala Dubai and amnesty. Problem is, they don't get fired up all that easily.

Care to explain your insanity?