PDA

View Full Version : the meaning of life

truthmatters
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
http://users.aristotle.net/%7Ediogenes/meaning1.htm

Ran acrossed this in my travels and thought I would share it.

diuretic
02-09-2008, 08:46 PM
It's good that you did share it - fun and interesting reading.

truthmatters
02-09-2008, 09:01 PM
It's good that you did share it - fun and interesting reading.

I really had a good time reading it and I cant help but think some may actually feel better after reading it.

The just surfing option has some sites on it I think I will check out later.

manu1959
02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
the meaning of life......

leave things and people in a better place than you found them.....

truthmatters
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
the meaning of life......

leave things and people in a better place than you found them.....

I think that is a big part of it.

The idea of this little site is to be true to yourself and you will be in a better place to be good to others.

dan
02-10-2008, 12:42 AM
The meaning of life...

Not Monty Python's best work, but still a funny movie.

diuretic
02-10-2008, 01:20 AM
I really had a good time reading it and I cant help but think some may actually feel better after reading it.

The just surfing option has some sites on it I think I will check out later.

I'd agree with your point about someone feeling better. I've a tendency towards nihilism at times and I do reject the happy clapper view of life and living. I like to know "why" not "how", I can do the "how" for myself but thinking about the "why" is good and that site is well grounded.

Yurt
02-10-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd agree with your point about someone feeling better. I've a tendency towards nihilism at times and I do reject the happy clapper view of life and living. I like to know "why" not "how", I can do the "how" for myself but thinking about the "why" is good and that site is well grounded.

:lol:

yer mind is in the outback....

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Keeping notes. Some of you are genuinely silly. I didn't say "funny", I said silly.

gabosaurus
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
I enjoyed "The Meaning Of Life." Not as good as "Holy Grail" though.

hjmick
02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
The meaning of life...

Not Monty Python's best work, but still a funny movie.

Not even close, Monty Python's Flying Circus is their best work, followed closely by Holy Grail, then you have The Life of Brian, and then, maybe, The Meaning of Life.

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 12:44 PM

Great stuff --worthy of discussion !

hjmick
02-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Nice find.

The Church of Subgenius. Heh heh heh.

Said1
02-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I think that is a big part of it.

The idea of this little site is to be true to yourself and you will be in a better place to be good to others.

Yep. The 'Virtues of Selfishness'. :laugh2:

dan
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Not even close, Monty Python's Flying Circus is their best work, followed closely by Holy Grail, then you have The Life of Brian, and then, maybe, The Meaning of Life.

In my opinion:

1. Life of Brian
2. Flying Circus
3. Holy Grail
4. Meaning of Life

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Yep. The 'Virtues of Selfishness'. :laugh2:

I don't see it in that light. A vast majority of people aren't truly happy by self indulgence even though the advertisement corporations would love to make us believe that. Wild consumerism and keeping up with the Jones' doesn't cut it.

Said1
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't see it in that light. A vast majority of people aren't truly happy by self indulgence even though the advertisement corporations would love to make us believe that. Wild consumerism and keeping up with the Jones' doesn't cut it.

The comment was in reference to another thread. See Ayn Rand's "The Virtues of Selfishness".

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 03:59 PM
The comment was in reference to another thread. See Ayn Rand's "The Virtues of Selfishness".

my bad I was so shocked that TM didnt try to bash someone that my mind went haywire.

diuretic
02-10-2008, 07:01 PM
:lol:

yer mind is in the outback....

Looks like it too - arid :laugh2: