PDA

View Full Version : Imagine the HORROR?? Florida Mother Accidentally Runs Over, Kills 3-Year-Old Daughter

darin
02-21-2007, 04:22 PM
HOLY Lord this poor woman!

:(

DANIA BEACH, Fla. — A 3-year-old girl was killed Tuesday after being run over by a vehicle driven by her mother, authorities said.

Nashia Facey was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital. Authorities did not expect any charges.

"There's nothing to suggest that this was anything but a tragic accident," said Hugh Graf, a spokesman for the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Natasha Smith, 23, got into her car in the driveway of her home on Tuesday morning and began to drive toward the street, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Authorities said it appeared the child came out of the house and got into the path of the car. When the woman struck the child, she likely panicked, put the car in reverse, and dragged her daughter a short distance before stopping, Graf said.

"I was crying," said neighbor Tai Moltimore, 24, whose uncle witnessed the accident. "Just looking at my daughter, it could have been her."

Pathella Cornelius, 32, a friend of the Smith family, said he heard the mother screaming, "Please help. Please help ... my baby, my baby."

(Story continues below)

Read the rest:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,253222,00.html

02-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Thats just horrible...:(

Nienna
02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
This happened to someone my mom knows... although the little kid was 2, I think. Dropped her off at a friend's house, the little kid ran in back of the car, and the mother ran over her (or was it a "him"?)

I can't imagine anything more horrible. I can't imagine how a the mother would ever be able to retain her sanity.

Birdzeye
02-21-2007, 04:40 PM
That poor mom will probably carry the guilt for the rest of her life, because her kid did what little kids often do - something unpredictable.

darin
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I REALLY Hope God uses this to bring glory to Himself; as a path to reach out to people involved.

-Cp
02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Thats just horrible...:(

Not if the kid was gonna grow up to be a lib - if that's the case, her mom did the world a favor... :P

Otherwise, yes, this is tragic and that poor woman is going to have to live w/ that the rest of her life... ::(

Hagbard Celine
02-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Not if the kid was gonna grow up to be a lib - if that's the case, her mom did the world a favor... :P

Otherwise, yes, this is tragic and that poor woman is going to have to live w/ that the rest of her life... ::(

You're a gorilla

-Cp
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
You're a gorilla

Really? Would still feel this would be a sad story had the girl grown up to be a suicide bomber?

Libs are homegrown terrorists as they pollute the minds of the young into wrong ideas.... same thing in my book...

Insein
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Really? Would still feel this would be a sad story had the girl grown up to be a suicide bomber?

Libs are homegrown terrorists as they pollute the minds of the young into wrong ideas.... same thing in my book...

time and place man. This is neither.

-Cp
02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
time and place man. This is neither.

How do you know?

02-21-2007, 06:38 PM
That poor mom will probably carry the guilt for the rest of her life, because her kid did what little kids often do - something unpredictable.

I dont think she will. I know she will likely mourn the rest of her life. But Guilt can be taken away through the Atonement. I think she will have her guilt taken away. No one should have to live with the guilt of an accident.

02-21-2007, 06:39 PM

I disagree. Most of those who commit abortion are liberals, that doesnt make it any less a bad thing.

darin
02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont think she will. I know she will likely mourn the rest of her life. But Guilt can be taken away through the Atonement. I think she will have her guilt taken away. No one should have to live with the guilt of an accident.

Generally people who don't know God have a hard time feeling redemption and junk. I'll re-state: I hope God uses this seemingly tragic event to bring people into an understanding of His Grace and stuff and junk.

5stringJeff
02-21-2007, 06:43 PM
What a horrible loss for the mother... regardless of her political affiliation. :(

Mr. P
02-21-2007, 06:49 PM
I disagree. Most of those who commit abortion are liberals, that doesnt make it any less a bad thing.

Link please, I think you're wrong. From what I've seen in my life women seeking abortion don't lean one way or the other disproportionately.

-Cp
02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Link please, I think you're wrong. From what I've seen in my life women seeking abortion don't lean one way or the other disproportionately.

It doesn't take a link dude to know that Conservatives aren't pro-abortion, therefore, that leaves primarily libs getting them performed...

jillian
02-21-2007, 07:03 PM
It doesn't take a link dude to know that Conservatives aren't pro-abortion, therefore, that leaves primarily libs getting them performed...

you do know there are real conservatives whose beliefs have nothing to do with the Christian right, right? Therefore there'd be no correlation between conservativism and abortion, though there would be between certain religious beliefs and abortion.

Insein
02-21-2007, 07:15 PM
you do know there are real conservatives whose beliefs have nothing to do with the Christian right, right? Therefore there'd be no correlation between conservativism and abortion, though there would be between certain religious beliefs and abortion.

Truthfully abortion is indeed a religious thing. Conservatism is based upon limited government. A true conservative believes that it is the right of the person to make that choice based on their own beliefs and God will have the appropriate punishment for them in the end if they are wrong. No government should decide a person's fate on this.

Abortion is horrible but it will still occur even if it is outlawed. What should be the crux of the argument is that taxpayer dollars shouldnt be spent on performing abortions and each state should get to decide whether or not they will allow abortions within their borders. A judicial decision is that the way we create laws.

jillian
02-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Truthfully abortion is indeed a religious thing. Conservatism is based upon limited government. A true conservative believes that it is the right of the person to make that choice based on their own beliefs and God will have the appropriate punishment for them in the end if they are wrong. No government should decide a person's fate on this.

Abortion is horrible but it will still occur even if it is outlawed. What should be the crux of the argument is that taxpayer dollars shouldnt be spent on performing abortions and each state should get to decide whether or not they will allow abortions within their borders. A judicial decision is that the way we create laws.

I agree with your first paragraph 100%. Government is not supposed to involve itself in our personal choices in that regard. Ideally, abortion should be readily available, and not needed.

The "taxpayer dollars" argument is a bit more complicated. Since most of the women who might need to make that choice are younger and might not have money, taking away the funding and forcing them to go to other states, effectively takes away their "choice". Do I like it? No. But truth is, the same people who don't want to fund abortion or think it should be a state by state thing, also object to funding things like daycare, job training programs and education for these women once they have the baby. There seems to be a lack of willingness to help them rise above. So how do you force someone to have a child by removing their choices and then not help them?

And, FWIW, our government does a lot of things for which I hate having my tax dollars used. Once we elect our representatives, though, we're kind of bound by their decisions on such matters.

On the issue of abortion being a State matter, I find that it's only the people who are anti-choice who feel that way since they don't want the right to be uniformly enforced. I don't see the issue as being any different from prohibiting the States from enacting laws against racial intermarriage.

Ultimately, no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion who has a moral objection to it. Their moral objections shouldn't govern other peoples' lives, IMO.

Mr. P
02-22-2007, 08:48 AM

That dog won't hunt.

Insein
02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
I agree with your first paragraph 100%. Government is not supposed to involve itself in our personal choices in that regard. Ideally, abortion should be readily available, and not needed.

The "taxpayer dollars" argument is a bit more complicated. Since most of the women who might need to make that choice are younger and might not have money, taking away the funding and forcing them to go to other states, effectively takes away their "choice". Do I like it? No. But truth is, the same people who don't want to fund abortion or think it should be a state by state thing, also object to funding things like daycare, job training programs and education for these women once they have the baby. There seems to be a lack of willingness to help them rise above. So how do you force someone to have a child by removing their choices and then not help them?

And, FWIW, our government does a lot of things for which I hate having my tax dollars used. Once we elect our representatives, though, we're kind of bound by their decisions on such matters.

On the issue of abortion being a State matter, I find that it's only the people who are anti-choice who feel that way since they don't want the right to be uniformly enforced. I don't see the issue as being any different from prohibiting the States from enacting laws against racial intermarriage.

Ultimately, no one is forcing anyone to have an abortion who has a moral objection to it. Their moral objections shouldn't govern other peoples' lives, IMO.

Unfortunately, i think the harsh decision is the one this country has to make. Single mothers on welfare do not help provide to the overall greater good of the nation. They only hurt it for generations. They raise dependent kids who then raise their own dependent kids and soon you have generation after generation depending on the government just to survive. The harsh decision will hurt a few people in the short run but will save alot of others in the long run. If women relaize that there won't be any aid coming to them from the government, some will think twice about not having the guy use protection or about having sex at all with a man who will most likely disappear. Not all will think twice and those will be the ones hurt the most. But their pain will be a warning to others that this isnt the way to go. Its not fair to the children that have to grow up living month to month waiting for the welfare check to ocme just to get some food to eat. Its not their fault their mother had unprotected sex with some annonymous guy. They shouldnt have to live in that kind of condition.