PDA

View Full Version : A Plan To Destroy America

Kathianne
02-10-2008, 12:39 AM
I have had the pleasure of speaking and debating alongside former Colorado Gov. Dick Lamm. In Colorado five years ago, we took on an open-borders contingent that was pushing for the illegal alien ID card known as the matricula consular (which I’ve blogged about extensively here.) He’s a true maverick–a Democrat who has long presaged the self-destructive impact of open borders. In 2004, Dick Lamm gave a now-famous speech at one of the Federation for American Immigration Reform’s conferences. The incisive speech, “I have a plan to destroy America,” went viral. I still have at least one or two readers e-mailing it to me every week. I’m reprinting it today....

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/09/i-have-a-plan-to-destroy-america-by-richard-d-lamm/

I have a plan to destroy America
by Richard D. Lamm

I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that America is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, let’s destroy America. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they all fall, and that “an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide.” Here is my plan:

1. We must first make America a bilingual-bicultural country. History shows, in my opinion, that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. One scholar, Seymour Martin Lipset, put it this way: “The histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with its Basques, Bretons and Corsicans.”

2. I would then invent “multiculturalism” and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are important. I would declare it an article of faith that the black and Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.

stephanie
02-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Every word he says is already happening...

We are not just Americans today...we are hyphenated-Americans..

We should now be known as....the United States of hyphenated America

I saw this earlier and almost posted it Kat...good work...:cheers2:

Kathianne
02-10-2008, 01:18 AM

It certainly is sad, it's Balkanization that is at the heart of the problem. There was a time I thought multiculturalism a good thing, and in certain ways it could be, but not regarding language or loyalty.

Yurt
02-10-2008, 01:19 AM

what-are-you-talking-about?

i'm-blond-blue-eyed-german/russian/african/asian/-living-in-

a-m-e-r-i-c-a

stephanie
02-10-2008, 01:44 AM
what-are-you-talking-about?

I'm-blond-blue-eyed-German/Russian/African/Asian/-living-in-

a-m-e-r-i-c-a

hey...I'm English-Irish-German-portuguese-America..

I guess I'm a white American

I'm not a African-American
Asian-American
Japanese-American, etc, etc, etc.....

the demand to be known as a hypenated American was not always....at one time we were all known just as Americans...

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 02:09 AM
I dunno, kitty, really, what's your plan? I'll fight you on it but that's a given. Attempt to destroy America and me, Psychoblues, will stand in your way, kitty.

Pale Rider
02-10-2008, 03:25 AM
hey...I'm English-Irish-German-portuguese-America..

I guess I'm a white American

I'm not a African-American
Asian-American
Japanese-American, etc, etc, etc.....

the demand to be known as a hypenated American was not always....at one time we were all known just as Americans...

The hyphenated garbage started with the blacks. They didn't like negro or black, so the PC crowd made it BAD to call them that and made up a new name for them... "african-Americans."

Psychoblues
02-10-2008, 03:30 AM
I've been calling them pail riders for a couple years now.

The hyphenated garbage started with the blacks. They didn't like negro or black, so the PC crowd made it BAD to call them that and made up a new name for them... "african-Americans."

What do you call them?

Kathianne
02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Another comment on multiculturalism and fallout:

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2008/02/the-logical-pro.html

February 10, 2008
The logical progress of multiculturalism

The near-unanimous condemnation of the Archbishop of Cnaterbury's remarks is encouraging. Perhaps this is the moment when this country's extraordinary tolerance in these matters really has been stretched too far.

But the Archbishop's suggestions represent what is in fact the logical progress of the doctrine of multiculturalism.

It's adoption has been catastrophic for the social fabric of this country. It is not paranoid to point out that, while many of its supporters were undoubtedly well-meaning, if naive, others were after exactly the results which we now see around us: social fragmentation, the destabilisation of a hated national culture and a loss of confidence in its legal, moral and cultural traditions.

The conclusion of this doctrine would be, in twenty years time, the compartmentalising of this country into officially designated cultural/racial 'areas.' If this sounds fanciful, then consider this: would you have believed it if you had been told, twenty years ago, that an Archbishop of Canterbury would be calling for the integration into our legal system of sharia law? Would you have even known what sharia was?

gabosaurus
02-10-2008, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
There's only one real issue in this election. Are we going to be a soveriegn country with an American culture are are were going to erase America's borders from the maps and become some kind of Olympic village by chunking the America that people dreamed about.
Once that's been decided we can at least have a definition of wh owe are and maybe even a direction of where we wanna go. Watching the Trans Texas Corridor being built makes me think someone has already made this decision for us.

gabosaurus
02-10-2008, 12:33 PM
There is no way to deal with illegal immigration if our government refuses to pass tough laws. Which they won't. Because, once again, our wonderful politicians are more concerned with getting and remaining elected than protecting our country.

Currently, we're just putting money on the table, leaving the room and saying "OK, promise you won't steal it!"

Hugh Lincoln
02-10-2008, 12:35 PM
It certainly is sad, it's Balkanization that is at the heart of the problem. There was a time I thought multiculturalism a good thing, and in certain ways it could be, but not regarding language or loyalty.

It has been said that a little bit of diversity is a tonic, but too much is toxic.

I think that's about right. Right now in America, we are at toxic levels. It's already killed much of what America was (a stable mix of whites with ancestors from across Europe and the British Isles, and blacks) and promises to do further damage. If there is one inescapable lesson to be learned from the history of the world, it's that racial and ethnic currents are the strongest forces going. The present multicultural teaching is wrong. Race is not "just a skin color." We are not fungible goods. We are unique human groups, with loyalties that arise quickly and naturally within the gravitational pull of DNA. Blood is more powerful than arbitrary lines drawn on maps, flag colors and even languages. It's funny, in my travels abroad, I have actually been able to communicate more easily with white French or white Italians (though I don't speak French or Italian) than with blacks and Hispanics who speak English, or a form of it. There's just something there, you know? Or the feel I get when I'm among whites -- calmer, cooler, more protected. I know that if I stumble (literally or figuratively) amongst my racial kin in, say, Maine, they will be there to pick me up. They know me and my ways. Jammed into a subway car in NYC with hundreds of blacks and Hispanics and Asians, and not a white besides me to be seen, I feel as lonely and isolated as man in the desert.

gabosaurus
02-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Good points, Hugh. Let's forget how America was founded as a "melting pot" of society and deport everyone who is not white and Christian. :rolleyes:

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 12:49 PM
There is no way to deal with illegal immigration if our government refuses to pass tough laws. Which they won't. Because, once again, our wonderful politicians are more concerned with getting and remaining elected than protecting our country.

Currently, we're just putting money on the table, leaving the room and saying "OK, promise you won't steal it!"

The person that is trusting and has faith in the honesty of others is the problem ? It may be a naive position but hardly one worthy of condemnation.

Hugh Lincoln
02-10-2008, 01:47 PM
America was founded as a "melting pot"

But it wasn't. Read Federalist No. 2. America was founded by British peoples who killed Indians off without apology and enslaved Africans. These two policies continued for a hundred years. The immigration laws in the 1920s put limits on southern Europeans coming into the country. For a period of about 400 years, until the late 1960s, this land was white.

I am not suggesting killing or enslaving, but it would be a good idea to deport the 20 million illegal Hispanics now here. And it would also be a good idea to allow whites a measure of group freedom to live in peace without having to submit to multiculturalist dogma.

I'm sure you believe in the right of blacks, Jews, Hispanics, etc. to exist and have rights. Why not whites?

Dilloduck
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
But it wasn't. Read Federalist No. 2. America was founded by British peoples who killed Indians off without apology and enslaved Africans. These two policies continued for a hundred years. The immigration laws in the 1920s put limits on southern Europeans coming into the country. For a period of about 400 years, until the late 1960s, this land was white.

I am not suggesting killing or enslaving, but it would be a good idea to deport the 20 million illegal Hispanics now here. And it would also be a good idea to allow whites a measure of group freedom to live in peace without having to submit to multiculturalist dogma.

I'm sure you believe in the right of blacks, Jews, Hispanics, etc. to exist and have rights. Why not whites?

I'm afraid the answer is that because of those two policies that you mentioned, whites have already had their shot at the golden ring and deprived others in the process. Now whites must stand aside and let the other races have a shot at it.