PDA

View Full Version : Al-Qaeda leaders admit: 'We are in crisis. There is panic and fear'

manu1959
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
wow we may win this and redeploy to afganistan before the dems can quit.....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3346386.ece

Al-Qaeda in Iraq faces an “extraordinary crisis”. Last year's mass defection of ordinary Sunnis from al-Qaeda to the US military “created panic, fear and the unwillingness to fight”. The terrorist group's security structure suffered “total collapse”.

These are the words not of al-Qaeda's enemies but of one of its own leaders in Anbar province — once the group's stronghold. They were set down last summer in a 39-page letter seized during a US raid on an al-Qaeda base near Samarra in November.

The US military released extracts from that letter yesterday along with a second seized in another November raid that is almost as startling.

That second document is a bitter 16-page testament written last October by a local al-Qaeda leader near Balad, north of Baghdad. “I am Abu-Tariq, emir of the al-Layin and al-Mashahdah sector,” the author begins. He goes on to describe how his force of 600 shrank to fewer than 20.

diuretic
02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Reading that makes me feel warm inside. But I can't see a quick withdrawal from Iraq, as much as I might want to. But it's good to see that AQ - at least in its manifestation in Iraq (I keep reading about it's extremely fluid nature) is becoming very brittle.

red states rule
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
wow we may win this and redeploy to afganistan before the dems can quit.....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3346386.ece

Al-Qaeda in Iraq faces an “extraordinary crisis”. Last year's mass defection of ordinary Sunnis from al-Qaeda to the US military “created panic, fear and the unwillingness to fight”. The terrorist group's security structure suffered “total collapse”.

These are the words not of al-Qaeda's enemies but of one of its own leaders in Anbar province — once the group's stronghold. They were set down last summer in a 39-page letter seized during a US raid on an al-Qaeda base near Samarra in November.

The US military released extracts from that letter yesterday along with a second seized in another November raid that is almost as startling.

That second document is a bitter 16-page testament written last October by a local al-Qaeda leader near Balad, north of Baghdad. “I am Abu-Tariq, emir of the al-Layin and al-Mashahdah sector,” the author begins. He goes on to describe how his force of 600 shrank to fewer than 20.

You can bet Hillary and Obama will not talk about this

I wonder if any liberal media reporter will even ask them about it

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Wrong again.

The war on terror is as important to Dems as it is to the pukes. The dems have a different approach. The puke approach has cost what, 4,000 American lives and approaching trillions of bucks? Give it a rest, cowgirl, the dems are on the correct side of this sillyass argument. Mostly in a nation and on a people that never posed any threat to Americans? What did Forrest Gump say? Stupid does as stupid is or something to that effect?

actsnoblemartin
02-12-2008, 01:29 AM
stupid is as stupid does, is what forrest said.

Second, the arrogance.. that republicans have handled it so well, and the democrats, will just bend over and take it is wrong.

Republicans put us in this mess in the first place, however, if you go back youll see many democrats (including both clintions, atleast to my knowledge), regime change in iraq, so lets not play the blame game.

Second, how does re-posititiong or moving our troops out of iraq help, how does the idea ive heard from democrats, of sitting and talking to adolf ACHmadickajad, and those like him, help?

Conclusion: This is not a simplistic, hehe democrats are fags, republicans better or hehehe republicans are retarded, democrats better.

Id prefer more honest assesment instead of name calling

oh and this, and my question is for anyone, any takers?

Wrong again.

The war on terror is as important to Dems as it is to the pukes. The dems have a different approach. The puke approach has cost what, 4,000 American lives and approaching trillions of bucks? Give it a rest, cowgirl, the dems are on the correct side of this sillyass argument. Mostly in a nation and on a people that never posed any threat to Americans? What did Forrest Gump say? Stupid does as stupid is or something to that effect?

Psychoblues
02-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Maybe we just need to keep killing Iraqi civilians? Will that get your attention? I doubt it. I wonder whose attention it might get?

red states rule
02-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Maybe we just need to keep killing Iraqi civilians? Will that get your attention? I doubt it. I wonder whose attention it might get?

Sorry, the Soros funded lies about Iraqi civilians deaths has been debunked

http://www.fumento.com/military/lancet2008.html

Roadrunner
02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Mostly in a nation and on a people that never posed any threat to Americans?

Did Bosnia and Kosovo pose any threat to the U.S. when the Clinton Administration declared war on them without first getting permission from Congress to do so? How many years have American soldiers been there now, and how much money has it cost the U.S.?

red states rule
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Wrong again.

Yea, Dems do have a different approach

While Republicans want to win this fight, Dems are for surrender and appeasement.

glockmail
02-13-2008, 07:35 PM

The whole DNC must be in a panic over this.

red states rule
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
The whole DNC must be in a panic over this.

Of course they are - why do yout hink they are not talkiing about Iraq

Or the liberal media reporting on the successes?

The US military have given the Dems a huge shit burger to chow down on

manu1959
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM

you wouldn't be claiming your military brothers are gunning down unarmed civilians in the street.....

red states rule
02-15-2008, 06:58 AM
The terrorists are getting very desperate to win this war

Meanwhile, the left is getting just as desperate to lose it

Grisly reports on al Qaeda
By Austin Bay
February 15, 2008

On Feb. 1, two remotely detonated terror bombs killed 99 shoppers in Baghdad's pet and bird markets. It was Baghdad's biggest mass murder since April 2007.

According to the Iraqi military, al Qaeda in Iraq's (AQI) twin terror atrocities had several particularly grisly twists: The radio-detonated high explosives were strapped to the waists of two women who may not have been aware of their mission to murder.

Amid the carnage of animal cages, animal carcasses and dead human beings, Iraqi police found the detached head of one of the bomb carriers. Al Bawaba, an Arab press service, quoted Baghdad police as saying the dead woman had "sold cream in the mornings at the market and was known to locals as 'the crazy lady.' "

Al Bawaba used a colloquial phrase to describe her. Other Iraqi and international media were less solicitous, describing both of the bomb-laden women as "mentally deficient" or lacking capacity.

Detectives drew a logical conclusion. The pet and bird market massacres were not committed by glory-driven jihadi martyrs slaughtering their way to Paradise, but by two poor souls calculatingly misled or seduced into committing a heinous crime. The women were double victims, first preyed upon by the terrorist schemer as the vehicle for murder and then unintentionally slaying themselves.

For the past year, we've heard rumors that AQI has had trouble recruiting murderers and penetrating increasingly effective Iraqi local security measures. Recently declassified intelligence, including captured terrorist diaries, appears to reinforce the rumors. Iraq's "Sunni awakening" has brought Sunni tribes into the democratic political process. That has left AQI demographically stranded — without protection of sectarian allies — and thus more exposed to detection and destruction.

Perhaps an intelligence analyst would argue that using a neighborhood "crazy lady" to deliver a bomb is further evidence of AQI's declining operational capabilities — i.e., at the moment AQI's emirs find macho, suicidal zealots seeking Paradise and 72 virgins to be in short supply.

That rather detached assessment wouldn't necessarily ignore the depravity of using these two particular women as involuntary kamikazes.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20080215/COMMENTARY/709555975/1012