PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee challenges McCain in Washington

02-11-2008, 02:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080210/ap_on_el_pr/huckabee

I don't really care about McCain. but this article just reinforces my instincts that Huckabee is a complete and utter jerk.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 03:07 AM
I guess there goes any idea he may have had about a V.P. slot.

02-11-2008, 03:49 AM
i think the guy honestly believes he can still be the nominee.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 03:52 AM
i think the guy honestly believes he can still be the nominee.

Since it's down to a two man race, I believe he thinks that also. Who knows... I'll bet his people are telling him, "hey, there is so much loathing for mccain amongst the conservatives, we believe you can pick their vote up and beat him."

It could be interesting.... :dunno:

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2008, 06:30 AM
I suspect the reason Romney only "suspended" his campaign was the possibility that Huckabee continued a press and took over the lead from McCain.....

he tested the waters to see what would happen if there was a single person on the conservative side of the ticket, without having to spend money campaigning......

doing so, he has also made a lot of folks think "crap, why isn't it Huckabee instead of Romney who left".......

if we get to the convention and neither Huckabee or McCain have enough votes to secure the nomination, and neither of them will support the other, how does Romney look......

02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I suspect the reason Romney only "suspended" his campaign was the possibility that Huckabee continued a press and took over the lead from McCain.....

he tested the waters to see what would happen if there was a single person on the conservative side of the ticket, without having to spend money campaigning......

doing so, he has also made a lot of folks think "crap, why isn't it Huckabee instead of Romney who left".......

if we get to the convention and neither Huckabee or McCain have enough votes to secure the nomination, and neither of them will support the other, how does Romney look......

Pretty darn good. He looks pretty darn good indeed.

Mr. P
02-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Like the the VP selection for McCain.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Very interesting theory indeed. Does Romney have the option to give his delegates to Huckabee? If so, maybe it could turn out a Huckabee/Romney ticket.

I'd support that.

02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Very interesting theory indeed. Does Romney have the option to give his delegates to Huckabee? If so, maybe it could turn out a Huckabee/Romney ticket.

yeah. he could if Huckabee managed to get enough delegates.

There is also the alternative, that if no one wants to support Huckabee or McCain, Romney could get the nod in a brokered convention.

Pale Rider
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah. he could if Huckabee managed to get enough delegates.

There is also the alternative, that if no one wants to support Huckabee or McCain, Romney could get the nod in a brokered convention.

Then there's still a glimmer of hope... :o

02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Then there's still a glimmer of hope... :o

well as long as we remember that Congress has power too and make sure conservatives get power there, we will always have hope.